• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 14.3] Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical Lab

"Well hello there Sune," Ramiro responded fairly informally. "Glad to see the Shosho doesn't have you doing too much work. How's the bridge coming along? If I remember correctly I left it with several very large dents, a lot of electrical problems, and most likely some of my blood."

Wardroom

Hanako left the bridge and went up to the wardroom to see who was making breakfast and what was cooking. However, when she got there the galley was empty and there was no food out. It really irritated her that no one had even put forth the minimal effort needed to make some eggs or oatmeal. It didn't get simpler than making breakfast food.

The teal-haired admiral went into the back and emerged moments later with bowls of fresh apples and bananas and set them out on the buffet so at least there was some form of food out for the crew. After eating one of the sweet bananas, she called down to the crowded medical lab.

"Hakujou, what is the status on respawning the cooks?" Hanako asked as she began filling a pot with water.

Akemi telepathically responded to Hanako, "I will gladly prepare breakfast if you wish ma'am. I would have volunteered immediately, but I wanted to wait and see if someone better suited would do so. If someone did I had planned to assist that person."

"And you don't want me to be cooking the food Shosho," Ramiro added. "Or else you'd be respawning more than just the cooks. Although, I suppose the real question is what's more likely: I kill myself cooking, or my cooking kills everyone else? Personally, I think both are viable possibilities."

Medbay

"The Eucharis took quite a beating, Valencia-San. But the Shôshô obviously is confident that the Ketsurui Fleet Yards will be able to get her fully operational again. You know, I wonder how much of the Eucharis is actually from her original construction. She's been rebuilt numerous times during my duty aboard her." he replied.

He looked at the backlog that was developing and considered reminding the new Medic that there were several Automated units that could facilitate the examinations.

"Kinda slow going." The doctor replied. "The synth tanks are running nonstop recovering the others who were killed first. I had to leave the non-combatant staff for last on the list due to prioritization, Shôshô-sama." Hakujou tilted her head slightly. "I'll also assist in breakfast when I'm done with the medical exams."

After that she looked over her shoulder to the assembled group. "All right, form up, lowest to highest ranks."

"Officers first," Ramiro said as he gestured to the front of the line, indicating for Sune to pass.

Akemi stepped forward and did as instructed. "I apologize for not following your order yesterday ma'am."

Sune paused a moment before moving forward to Hakujou, "Good morning Hakushi-Ittô Juni, I see you are getting settled in your new domain. At your earliest convenience send me your requisition list for restocking the Medbay and I will do my best to expedite it. Its been a while since the Medbay has been properly stocked." he said as he hoped onto one of the diagnostic beds.

Cabin 6

When Hanako's instructions had come over the ships intercom, Reika had been in her quarters trying to restore some order to the chamber. The contents of the room were in severe disarray due to being tossed about in combat. Once the room was more-or-less back to normal, the Neko proceeded to the medical lab in order to comply with the admirals orders to the crew.

Medbay

After navigating through the interior of the damaged ship, Reika reached the gunships medical facilities and found most of the crew already assembled. She fell in at the end of the line behind the others.

"Good morning." the operative said, with a brief nod to the individual closest. That common greeting however felt somehow wrong to the Neko. Despite their winning the Battle for Yamatai, their victory had cost dearly.

Galley

While waiting for the water to boil, Hanako called Blueberry and asked her if she was able to help out speeding things up in the medical lab, but Blueberry was in the middle of repairing the ship's sensor arrays and data lines. Hanako didn't want to interrupt that. It was important to get Eucharis back amongst the stars again soon. It was only by being a Ketsurui that Hanako had managed to get a Ketsurui Fleet Yards repair team out here so quickly, even as the Legions were still mopping up stray parasites and ground groups.

Once the water was ready, Hanako re-read the instructions on a container of oatmeal and measured out the correct amount and poured it into the pot and set the oven timer to 5 minutes. She thought about making ham and eggs, but cooking a large ham seemed a little daunting. Briefly the disturbing thought of the Mishhuvurthyar processing facility and the sausage it made crossed her mind. It would be good when the NMX was finally laid to rest.

Medbay

Akemi was nearest Reika. "Good morning ma'am," she said with a small bow. She then returned her attention to Hakujou.

Medbay

Sune looked at the number of people needing to be examined. "Hakushi-Ittô Juni, as the former medic for the Eucharis, might I make a suggestion. You should be able to expedite the examinations if you make use of the AMBU and ATU. That would let you conduct examinations three at a time."

After saying that he also made a mental note to acquire a Remote Backup Unit which would allow the NH-29's on the crew to perform updates from any SPINE equipped chair.

Wardroom, 1015 hours

Hanako sat at a table pouring over the logs of the Miharu.

"Melisson..." she scowled, taking notes as she sifted through a randomly chosen transcripts involving the Mishhuvurthyar interpreter that had destroyed the YSS Sakura.

Hanako Notes said:
Varin
Mefpralphra
Reiaz
Melisson is not anatomically correct?
The Shosho had to stop and smile for a moment before returning to work.

"Charisma, search Miharu logs for Mefpralphra. Cross reference with Reiaz."

Melisson said:
"We are the Umbral. We collectively take form in the shape you beheld Mefpralphra as, though we've learned to not be confined by it," she told him. "We vary in affinity roughly akin to how humans could vary: for example, you could consider Mefpralphra as a thinker and a talented psionic whereas her counterpart Reiaz is more a warrior-like hunter. Usually time, accumulated experience, remains from our competitors and trials we need to surmount gradually shape those inclinations."

Hanako added "Umbral" to her notes.

Melisson said:
"Reiaz leads the Neo Mishhuvurthyar. All the present NMX fleets report to him," Melisson answered, circling her arms around her knees while resting her chin atop them. "He should be by himself on the battlefront, though I wouldn't dismiss the idea of other Umbrals coming and going. Assuming the whole warcouncil - rebuilt under his Doctrine - would get involved there ought to be a maximum of 11 elders involved. Unil they realize Mefpralphra's destruction, that is."

"As for expanding, we did, but we charted star systems more than we actually colonized them," she added. "We've never had all that many actual holdings until the Mishhuvurthyar wars began."
Nyton Claymere said:
"What significance would Mefpralphra's death have regarding the 11 elders you mention?" Nyton asked with obvious curiosity.
Melisson said:
"In the perception of many, Mefpralphra has been around forever," Melisson soberly explained. "Most of the elders presently in the war council are replacements to even older elders destroyed by Hanako's Plumeria. That perception will be even stronger with them since they did not, despite the newly attained rank, feel equal to her."

"Reiaz had an ideological rivalry with Mefpralphra," the interpreter continued. "In the end, I suspect he secretly lacked respect on basis of her implication in the conflict. She had been, after all, the one caught whom helped all these events unfold. She had been weak and mostly relied on her manipulative ways to fulfill some alien fantasy for her bastard offsprings."

"Reiaz will be disturbed, but he will be quick to capitalize on it," she predicted. "He will use this to renew his stance that the Doctrine of Annihilation is necessary to put an end to such dangerous vermin as the humanoids are. He will draw support from beyond the war council: Mefpralphra was not a warrior and she had ties beyond that he will exploit."

"Enough time after he will have played up Mefpralphra's demise to gain support from it, he will surely start hunting down specifically the cause for her demise - before the Elders can get used to Mefpralphra's absence. He will have much to gain from it."
Hanako pursed her lips in concern at what she read and what came next. She then did a search for mentions of herself.
YSS Hoshi Log said:
"Sprufnikkamazzar is an elder amongst Mishhuvurthyar," Melisson explained. "He hatched from the first eggs my offsprings layed after liberating themselves - incubated in a PNUgen scientist no less - and he stood out for being quite cunning amongst other broodlings."

"He quickly rose to an advisor position that made him valuable to an Umbral warlord at the former Hukka capitol. He survived Hanako's bombing when his master did not. He had already been approached by Reiaz for intelligence just before-"

"I don't want an history lesson!" Kotori snapped.

Melisson briefly scrunched her nose. "He's been left in charge of the largest fleet under Reiaz's fighting force. He's one of Reiaz's best fleet commanders. He's also the one whom came up with the idea of repurposing my descendants into the Neo Mishhuvurthyars. By the same vein, Sprufnikkamazzar has a preference to assimilate rather than annihilate - despite Reiaz's doctrine - and he's had enough favor to carry that out. You can blame nekovalkyrja serving in the NMX on him."

Kotori slowly turned around to face the other three officers out of the door. "Then I will have the Black Knights kill him."

Medbay
Sune allowed the new medic to get on with her work after making his one suggestion. It was of course now her domain, and how she chose to run it was not an issue at the moment.

Once his backup was updated, he thanked her and made his way out of the medbay.

A quick check with Charisma gave him Hanako's location, so he made his way to the Wardroom.

Wardroom
Sune entered the Wardroom and looked around. The room was strangely quiet, especially without the normal hustle and bustle of the crew members who worked here.

Sune got himself a piece of fruit and something to drink. He walked over to the table where Hanako was perusing a number of what appeared to be log entries.

"Is this a research project or something else ma'am" He inquired.

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

There was something to be said for not having the distraction of the Eucharis being considered 'home', since Helen did not have her quarters arranged as a personal dwelling, nor did she really have social ties to preoccupy her, she was able to begin her work and focus on it. Since there was no where better to work from, Helen remained upon the bridge, where she went about once again linking up with PANTHEON... then came the distraction.

"Priority mail?" Helen spoke in a whisper to herself, a tone of curiosity to her voice, beyond that she remained silent as she checked the communication which was sent to her. There was excitement to be had, as she looked upon the sender information. Perhaps, there was hope for doing something positive for herself, and her career. As she read the message, her excitement was quickly doused. There was a vagueness she could not get around, an ambiguity which she was simply uncomfortable with, and it left her feeling quite a bitter feeling in her gut. A sigh left Helen's lips at that point, as she lost her motivation to lean into the Miharu project. She locked down her station, and left the bridge to head to the wardroom.

YSS Eucharis - Wardroom

Stepping into the wardroom, Helen could tell that something was amiss, largely due to the absence of any distinctive scents of the heavy fare which was often prepared and served by the cooking staff... that was the problem, the dead cooks. She spotted the bowl of fruit, before she popped into the kitchen where she grabbed a fruit knife, then proceeded back out to grab the bowl. Her gaze went to Sune and Hanako, she eyed the pair for a moment, before deciding to join them as she stepped over to the table, and bowed lightly.

"May I join you?" Helen asked, as she held the bowl of fruit in hand and waited for the Shosho's response.

"These are the Miharu logs," Hanako explained. "It could take months to sort through them all, but they contain priceless insight into our enemies, as well as technology and even new alien races. I assigned Helen to give a report on what she could find and I am also looking through the data on my own so we have multiple points of view. You are welcome to join me. I think one of the first things I will do is compile the known information on the Umbral species."

Just then, Helen appeared carrying the entire bowl of apples. Hanako gestured for Helen to sit.

Medical Lab

After a long wait in line for his mental backup, Ramiro exited the medical lab. "Thanks doc!" He called behind him. After glancing around he headed to the ward room.

Wardroom

Ramiro entered the wardroom and was surprised to only see the officers there. He saw the bowl of fruit at the table and, after a quick sniff, realized that nothing had been cooked. "Now this is no way to treat a Ketsurui," Ramiro stated as he quickly made his way to the kitchen. "Don't worry Shosho, I may not be a very good chef, but a few years in the woods made me really good with meat. I'll have some bacon and sausage whipped up in no time, at least then you can get your protein." Once he entered the kitchen, he immediately began looking around for the meat.

Medical Lab

After taking care of his ST Backup, and getting checked over, Takeyu headed for the door. "Thank you doc!" he left medical and made his way to the wardroom to grab a quick bite to eat and relax a bit.

As he walked, he conversed with Charisma about the status of repairs. He was happy to hear that things were coming along, though he still didn't like being unable to really do much given that they had something going on soon.

Wardroom

When he arrived at the Wardroom, he gave a bow to the officers. "Hmmm," he mused at the sight of three officers milling around the Shosho. He walked over to a table, having noticed that Ramiro was in the kitchen, and took a seat to wait and see what Ramiro would come up.

While he waited, he continued to check on the reports of the repairs, making special note about the ships reactor and hoping that the KFY techs would give it a good thorough inspection.

Medbay

Once Akemi's physical was completed and she checked out fine, she underwent her mental backup. During it she chose to remain conscious and endure the pain. She didn't like the idea of choosing to be sedated because she prided herself on her ability to endure and she thought doing so could be seen as a sign of weakness.

Wardroom

Having finished her business in the medical lab she thanked Hakujou and walked hurriedly to the wardroom. Upon entering it she made her way to the main table and bowed deeply to Hanako and Helen. "Good morning Shôshô, Shosa."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back