• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Power Armor bay

"Alpha team, final equipment checks, and form up on me. Once Beta team identifies our objective, we are taking a long step out of the door. Your armor has been coated with a stealth coating, keep your descent rate and angle within the programmed parameters. Come in too fast or at the wrong angle and you will burn off the coating.

Once on the ground, we will approach the objective. Once we have eyes on the target, we will look for potential entry points for Beta team to infiltrate. Those are the easy parts.

Once Beta team is informed we are going pair off and get the attention of the base." He said taking a position near the exit of the bay

Konoka nodded, made her final checks, and went to go stand behind Sune until they were ready to take that long step. She then noticed that nobody had really directly responded to Bors when he had abruptly joined the group.

Getting Sune's attention, she pointed at Bors. "What about him, Sune-Shosa? Should he join us?"

Akemi checked everything over one last time and fell into position. She had always been anxious to perform well, but now she had a new source of motivation in Konoka. Hopefully everything would go smoothly and she might even manage to specifically impress her.

Power Armor bay
Misato nodded in response to the Shosa and started gathering some demo. With a dark smile she grabbed 3 satchel charges and 5 blocks of plastic explosive. She placed this into a pack for PA, as she was grabbing 5 of each of the two detonators she saw the Det-chord. “Hmm… 5 meters should do.” She said to herself as she measured out some with her arms. Placing the rest of her hi-ex gear into the pack she attached it to her PA.

She got undressed and placed her uniform on the self-next to her PA, not having and worries about modesty she started to put on the Armor. This was the first time she had put on a suit since boot, if felt like home. As she was gearing up she paid attention to the Shosa lay out the basic plan. She grabbed her Ke-M2-W2913 as was thinking to herself: that this should be a pretty cut and dry op, in and out. I was at this time she noticed Bors, the fact that he wasn’t in a PA intrigued her. She had been trained to fight without one on, but the idea of dropping into a potential combat zone without one on the other hand sounded like suicide. As she gathered up with everyone else she moved in next to him. Whispering “why are you going in in only a field uniform?”

Armor Bay

Ramiro finished attaching his modules, mostly additional shield modules, and formed up next to Sune. Going through a systems check, he stood with his weapon at a low-and-ready position.

"Just like old times."

"I’m a bit too tall and also Nepleslian, and the MINDYs weren’t designed with me in mind, so to be blunt I don’t fit." Bors said to the grey Neko who had whispered to him, "So im wearing this, because it’s better than nothing, anyway been wearing something like it for the past twenty or so years, so it’s a pretty natural feel to me."

Hoping that his explanation would suffice the Neko, Bors put on his helmet and did a quick shake down making sure his ballistic vest was secure along with his magazines and his helmet was sealed properly. Satisfied with his rundown, Bors readied his Xaser rifle and waited for further orders.

Power Armor bay
She smiled at Bors, it takes guts to not have this kind of armor. She was starting to like him. Misato started to go over her gun and make sure that the battery was set in snug and tight, she did detach the bayonet and attach it to her back until she was on the ground. She was trying to do everything in her power not to think about the drop to the planet surface, so she watched Bors check over his equipment. She didn’t noticed that her ears started twitching.

Space

With engines now at rest, the Eucharis quietly hung out at the edge of the planet's hill sphere trying not to attract unnecessary attention.

Bridge

Hanako called down the shuttles. "I do not want to get bogged down in the non-FTL zone surrounding the planet so I will not take the ship in," she explained. "In theory, at maximum speed it will only take the shuttles a minimum of 13.5 seconds to cross the hill sphere. Since we want to cross it and live, some time needs to be allotted for acceleration and deceleration. I estimate the shuttle ride will take about 5 minutes. So far I am not detecting any signs of a military presence on the planet but we would need to wait longer for conclusive results. Be careful."

Shuttle

Takeyu continued his checklist, but as he heard Hanako's message, he turned toward Helen. "Shosa? Do we have any topographical data on the planet?"

Shuttle In Bay

"Mmm, this planet has never been explored by our forces. Grab what data we can from the Eucharis' current scans, and once we launch and enter radio silence, begin passive sensor scans to generate a topographical map. Ambient EM should also be enough to give us a general picture of what we should expect." Helen spoke, as she neared the end of her checklist. "We only really need to worry about the data regarding our LZ, and that can be obtained during our touch-down." she further elaborated, as she performed a quick head-count. "Excuse me a moment." Helen spoke, before she got up from her seat, and went outside of the shuttle.

Once outside of the shuttle, Helen went straight to one of the corded internal phone systems and performed another announcement. "Beta Team, to the shuttle, now, we don't have all day. Anyone who is not on the shuttle within three minutes gets to come down in just their armor." She meant it too, after all, Star Army of Yamatai power armor units were fully capable of trans-atmospheric operations. With her words spoken, she returned to the shuttle interior and took her position at operations.

Shuttle

Takeyu merely nodded his head at Helen's response, and then grabbed the current sensor data from the Eucharis computers. He transferred the data to a volumetric display off to his left, which had appeared just a second earlier. "Basic details," he muttered as he continued to run his checks on the systems. "Everything's all green, that's good," he was literally just talking to himself, and no one else in particular.

He then made a note to set the sensors to passive mode after they launched and were silenced, to help scan the planets surface. His intention was to find areas to hide the shuttle in the event NMX 'were' detected, he wanted to find the smallest area to hide the shuttle yet still be able to disembark the team, but also, an area that was shadowed and hard to locate.

At the same time though, he wanted to fly at a low enough altitude to also beat any NMX survalience systems that might be active in the area, regretably though, he wondered just how successful that would be given that the Kuma does use Aether, but he would let time be the deciding factor in that.

Shuttle

Once she had suited up and retrieved the demolitions equipment requested by Shosa Klein, Reika joined the rest of Beta team in the shuttle prior to its departure to the planets surface. With the pilot and co-pilot positions already occupied the Neko operative took a seat in the rear compartment and set down her equipment case full of explosives.

Reika then turned her attention to the shuttles entrance hatch, watching as the rest of Beta team boarded the aerospace craft for their impending descent to the enemy world.

Shuttle

"Takeyu, this is your launch, coordinate with the bridge for launch clearance and procedure when ready." Helen stated, as she eyed the passive sensor data gathered by the Eucharis' sensors. "Ever conduct a covert entry procedure?" she asked, before moving into a bit of a tangent, but a related one.

"I've conducted this kind of procedure before, it is pretty easily done. In this case, when leaving the ship, conduct a short burn of the aether thruster. Don't worry, the internal plating of the bay can take it. We launch at a proper approach trajectory for our intended LZ, and once we exit the bay, cut the aether systems, active sensors, communications, and the CFS. Use our inertia and the thruster system to maintain our trajectory. Now, this shuttle is one of the 'cost cutting' shuttles that the Empire has adopted, so unlike the Fox, you can't slam this thing down hard and rely on a shell of zesuaium to keep you alive. In this case, we'll have to do a full thruster burn before touchdown, and likely, we'll need a straight and flat LZ. Main point though, keep the high power systems turned off and don't use any system with a distinctive signature."

Shuttle

Takeyu sighed with relief mentally, he was actually pondering how this was going to work, and to have Helen actually explain how a covert entry worked was a great relief. "Thanks you for the information Shosa, I was actually pondering how this would work," a smile spread on his face before he turned back toward his consoles.

Volumetric displays appeared around him, each depicting the status of one of the shuttles sytems, while another showed whom was currently onboard and was wondering what was keeping Kurita-hei.

Armor Bay

Confused as to where she was supposed to be, Tomomi ran to her Mindy in the Bay after getting into the proper uniform. Choosing a standard configuration for the mission and suiting up, she quickly boarded the shuttle after the rest of her team once everything checked out up to standard. Bowing deeply to Takeyu before finding a corner to hide in.

Bridge

A series of warning beep went off. "Sensor contact! Bearing 211 Mark 15! Defold signature...Star Army. Chiharu, Ayame. Negative IFF," Blackberry announced. "Threat neutral. Possible NMX."

"Here they are," Hanako said, setting the ship's stealth settings to the maximum possible configuration. She felt fear but it was so familiar by now that it was like welcoming home visiting family.

"Enemy is conducting a sensor sweep," Blackberry said.

Hanako looked at the map screen and saw the shuttles hadn't even launched yet.

Shuttle

After performing the final checks on the shuttles systems, Takeyu looked back to see if everyone was on board. "Everyone onboard Shosa?" he asked before contacting the bridge for launch clearance.

Shuttle

Bors, eager to get this show on the road, headed into the shuttle bay and boarded the shuttle. Bors took an available seat near the shuttle door and readied himself for the mission ahead and wondered if he had time for a smoke once they got planet side. Patting his extra magazine pouches, triple checking to make sure they were there, Bors relaxed a bit in his seat and waited for departure.

Shuttle
Konoka got into the shuttle and sat down, once again quite worried for the safety of her crew....just like every fishing time she'd ever been on an Away Team.

But that's why I'm here, to make sure everybody ends this mission in one piece, Konoka reminded herself. Even if I have to reattach the pieces personally, by fish.

Konoka was a worrywart, plain and simple, but she was also an optimist. She believed that if everyone just got in the shuttle and got going, they'd be fine. While waiting for the Shosa to confirm that everyone was accounted for, Konoka muttered to Bors, "You should really look into ordering yourself a set of suitable armor, Hei. Going out like you are will mean you'll have to be extra careful!"

Blinking, she realized she still didn't know the Nepleslian's name. "I never got to finish welcoming you, did I, Hei?" Konoka said to Bors. "Please, tell me your name."

Shuttle

Bors, looked over at Konoka, Oh its this one, the talky one from before he thought hoping that his brief moment of relaxation wasn’t over. He glanced down at her hoping that his tinted visor hid the expression on his face “Riko Bors, Family name Riko Given name Bors” he said before returning his gaze to the window across from him. “And yes, chances are I will put in a requisition for a suit that fits me, but to be honest, it will be hard to adjust to it, been wearing one like this for years… color was different granted, but still essentially the same.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back