• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Lounge - Cabin Area

"Thanks, yours look great too. I look forward to seeing you in them. As for teaching me, I'd really appreciate it if you did." Akemi took the offered candy and bit into it. "Mm." As she went with Konoka she bowed and greeted Hakujou. "I'm glad we share some interests. I was worried you might find it bothersome if I practiced in our room. What else are you into?"

Lounge

Hakujou sipped her coffee as she looked over while scratching her bed hair. Blinking some more as she sipped again, she walked over. "My name's not Hakushi. It's Hakujou or Haku." She muttered.

When she was told she had a Yule gift, she perked a brow. "A Yule gift? For me?" She pondered while sipping her coffee again, "you'd think I'd be in Chiharu's naughty list for all I did..." She said.

"I don't know why, but this is taking longer than it normally should," Ramiro checked as he ran a status update through his system. "It appears that they're just finalizing docking procedures. Also, it appears the the Shoi is down in engineering beginning preliminary inspection and repair of the stealth systems."

Parts would eventually be delivered and strapped down securely, along with gifts for the crew. Each person got --

Limted Edition and Individually Numbered Yui Scout Ceremonial Sword

10,000 KS (+ 10,000 per dependent)

A snowglobe with the YSS Eucharis inside

A snowglobe with the YSS Sakura inside (for Sakura Veterans)

A YSS Eucharis model kit complete with paints

YB-28A Triple Power magazine for the NSP, with scope, rails, and charger

Lounge

Misato joined the crew in opening her box of presents. She watched the others open theirs and saw how each of the gifts were tailored to the recipient. She was so excited to open hers so she picked it up and walked over to a seat and opened it. The first thing she found was the box of old military magazines and manuals. She was so excited with these; she started to flip through them right away. After flipping through a few of the magazines she went back to digging though the box. The civilian clothes were cool she had never own any clothes that weren’t issued to her. All of the gifts were grand and exiting, she was happy about it all.

"Shosh, the cargo has been delivered and docking is complete," Ramiro informed Hanako. "The ship should be away in a few moments and then we may resume the mission."

Bridge

Sune was monitoring the discussion on the bridge and the offloading while he was conducting a details analysis of the ship's system logs. Finally after multiple algorithms he found what he was looking for.

"Ketsuirui-Shôshô, with Charisma's assistance we were able to identify what happened to our stealth systems. When we left the system was operating normally and within proper parameters. However, due to our prolonged stealth operation, a number of the surviving CFS modules began to fluctuate slightly due to thermal changes. When enough of the modules started fluctuating, the harmonics of the fluctuations caused our stealth to be compromised. Once Nayacesen-Shoi replaces the most compromised modules our CFS should be back to full capability. I am sending the information to him at this moment." He said looking a Hanako over his shoulder.

Takeyu sat, observing his fellow crewmen as they went about opening presents, when he received Sunes message he mentally sighed and yet at the same time cursed himself for possibly being responsible for not properly checking those modules.

He got up from his seat and walked toward the door, but stopped short - he had the idea of asking Akemi to join him but with the festivities going on he didn't want to ruin her fun and enjoyment that she was having with the other crew.

Leaving the Wardroom behind, he headed to engineering to grab his kit then to the cargohold to grab a few replacement modules before moving over to the starboard side CFS system to begin his repairs. When he arrived, he crawled into the maintenance duck and crawled to the system, then laid on his back while he removed several of the panels.

Inside he saw the modules in question, he then began to take each of the fried modules offline, pulling them out of their housings and then replacing them with newer and unused ones. Each one he replaced, he double checked, then brought it online. "Charisma, monitor each of the newly installed modules please and let me know if they begin to overheat like the ones before," he said after replacing the final one in the starboard side. Then placed the panels back in place, and started for the portside system to check its modules out.

Bridge

"Very well. Continue repairs and alter course to take us in on a new heading as stealthily as possible," Hanako ordered. "I am detecting some ships closing in on this area. So far they are not a problem to us but by the look of it they are probably enemy scouts so we want to keep a low profile. If they see us they will summon backup."

Bridge

"Aye ma'am," came the response from Ramiro. Waiting for the stealth to come back online, he altered the course so the ship went at roughly a 45 degree angle towards starboard from the its previous trajectory. He stayed on this course for a few minutes before changing his course back towards their destination. He figured, at a minimum, they were at least 20 degrees away from their previous vector towards the planet.

Shuttle Approaching Eucharis

"You don't say much do you, your name was Bors right? Sorry I'm terrible with names." The Shuttle pilot said to the only passenger aboard the shuttle,

"For the hundredth time yes, my name is Riko Bors, and before you ask again I am headed to the YSS Eucharis for an interview." Bors said running his hands over his face in frustration. In reality it had only been a few hours but to Bors, it had seemed like the pilot had been asking the same questions to him for an eternity.

"Oh right right." The pilot said, completely oblivious to Bors’s frustrated tone, "You know, I should be calling you Santo Riko that is your proper title after all, you should get used to it if you haven’t already."

The pilot was about to continue but was cut off mid-sentence by an incoming coms transmission. Relived that the pilot had stopped talking to him, Bors pulled out his faithful electronic cigarette and took a long drag, blowing out the bluish vapour onto the nearby window and making it fog up. As Bors doodled in the window fog, drawing things he wish he could do to shut the pilot up, the pilot told him that the Eucharis had responded to his earlier message and they were due to dock within fifteen minutes. After informing Bors of the situation the pilot picked up where he left off in his story, and Bors couldn’t help but think that this was going to be the longest fifteen minutes of his life.
post in

Bridge

Sune looked at the Eucharis' sensor display. "Shôshô, I am picking up a sensor contact. It appears to be a shuttle. Trajectory seems to be on an intercept course."

We are on a stealth mission, how are these vessels finding us. "Shôshô? Are you expecting anyone. The Shuttle just sent a message that it was ferrying a new crew member."

Bridge

"Sorry, I have been trying to scrounge up a few extra infantry soldiers," Hanako apologetically told Sune. "Go ahead and let him aboard and we'll get him briefed and start the operation. We are getting close to the planet."

As the Eucharis grew closer, they could see their destination system seemed to be a quiet world devoid of radio traffic or signs of NMX presence.

Sune send an acknowledgement to the shuttle authorizing it to approach. He also gave it very specific instructions as to how to approach. Was he being overly cautious, but given how their prior stealth missions went. It was not a bad thing.

He looked at the data coming in, and shunted a feed of the data over to Helen for her to review. "We will entering the target system shortly Klein-Shosa. Sensor data has been relayed to your terminal. The ball is in your teams court. We will see what this system has to reveal." He said.

Eucharis Portside

Takeyu wiped his forehead as he replaced the final module to bring the stealth systems back up to full. He sent a brief message to Sune to indicate that the repair work was done, then placed the panel back in place before laying back against the inside of the maintenance tunnel.

With his work done, Takeyu eased himself out and headed back to engineering to continue monitoring the ships systems, although he was tempted to return to the wardroom - right now he felt his attention was needed in engineering.

Whilst walking, he still pondered whether he should've brought Akemi with him, given how she could've learned a thing or two from this operation, but in the end, he knew that he had to get that job done quickly before any Mishhu popped in to say hello.

Shuttle Approaching Eucharis

Lady luck had finally graced Bors with her presence, from what he could figure out it was not a routine approach, rather whoever told them to approach had given the pilot very specific instructions that required his full attention leaving Bors to his thoughts. Happily enjoying this little moment of solitude Bors wiped his doodling’s off the window to take a better look at his next home of sorts.

Shuttle Bay

Bors was off of his shuttle before its doors were even fully open. As he walked away from the shuttle he mumbled to himself something around the lines of taking his own arm off with a spoon before having that pilot again and almost ran into the person that was sent to great him. Bors quickly regained his posture and with a sharp salute saying

"Santô Hei Riko Bors, at your service"

Ventral Airlock

Sune was waiting at the airlock waiting for the latest member of the Eucharis crew to arrive. He was a bit surprised when the person emerged within a second of the airlock door opened. Apparently this one is very eager to get started. Well, we all were at one time.

He returned the 'salute' that had been rended by the Santô Hei. This type of salute feels so Nepleslian, I prefer bowing. he thought.

"Welcome aboard the Eucharis. I am Jalen Sune-Shosa, the Executive Officer. Take your personal gear to Deck 2. Charisma our MEGAMI can provide you with instructions if you require them. Cabin two is currently unassigned, put your bags there. Then you can join the rest of the crew in the Wardroom. We are close to our destination so be quick about it. Your interview with the Shôshô will probably have to wait until after the deployment." he said.

When the Eucharis had left, the SS Atsureki monitored the NMX craft from a distance with its sensors. When they were getting closer, and when the Eucharis had moved a good distance away or out of range, it activated its FTL, speeding away...it may not have been faster than al NMX models out there, but it was rather hard to attack a craft at FTL speed regardless. The craft attempted to make up for any inconvenience earlier by acting as a decoy, luring NMX craft away from the general area.

Wardroom

Sitting away from the rest of the crew, being social was a lower priority for Tomomi for the moment. She was busy skimming through the data disk she had received from Hanako. Plus the self embarrassment of nearly jumping to give her commanding officer a hug was enough to silence her.

Ventral Airlock
Bors gave a nod to the Shosa and headed off down the hallway in search of his quarters.

Wardroom

Bors's quarters were easy enough to find, especially with the assistance of Charisma, and he had tossed his gear in there as instructed to and made his way to the wardroom. Bors had decided to stand in the back of the wardroom so he could get a better view of his new shipmates and to stretch his legs a bit after his recent shuttle flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back