• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Bridge

Sune listened to the exchange between Hanako and Helen. The idea of attempting to contact the 'duplicate' Hanako by telepathy was to him a bad idea, encrypted or otherwise.

"Excuse me, but since we will not know where this other Hanako is sending any form of a telepathic signal even encrypted is tantamount to sending out a beacon to the enemy. If there is the slightest indication of an NMX presence we should not attempt telepathic contact.

Otherwise we may as well fly in uncloaked with our shields up and weapons ready for a fight."

Bridge

"Shosa, with all due respect to your position, perhaps I would recommend that the portion of my suggestion involving the use of long-range sensor scans be put into effect? It would permit us to detect any NMX activity or arrivals far in advance. Regardless if they arrived there months, weeks, days, or hours ago. If they are present, then we could alter our plan accordingly." Helen spoke, as she went about checking a volumetric window, seeking out the locations of the Eucharis' engineers and technicians.

"Also, if I may be so bold as to suggest the following... if the NMX are present, and if the other Hanako is at risk of being captured, then pinging her with a telepathic signal would allow us to effectively 'remove her from the equation'." Helen realized that her euphemism may not be quite clear, as she then added; "We could strike from orbit, vaporizing her to prevent capture, or, it could also allow us to simply teleport to her location, to determine a proper course of action upon arrival... assuming, again, that the NMX are not present in massive numbers. If they are, then I think that we would have to call in support to prevent the NMX from possibly having two Hanako in their custody."

After speaking, Helen looked to Tomomi, who conveniently was on the bridge. "Tomomi, please begin preliminary coding for a single and dual direction telepathic sensor and communication device to be fed through the telepathic sensor fixed to the Eucharis. Focus on the computer-to-sensor interface, until the technicians finish configuring the actual hardware. Refer to YE 28 - 29 documentation for the sensor provided by the Lorath during their time as our allies, the programming code should be similar, if not identical for the model we have installed."

"Shosa, if I may be excused? I do have the Shosho's task to carry out." Helen asked, bowing deeply, lower than usual for what she would usually offer Sune, as a sign of still respecting his position even after her words.

Bridge

Sune returned Helen's bow with one as deep. "I have no desire to keep you from your assigned tasks Klein-Shosa. I just wanted my concerns on the record. Given the very high likelihood that this other Hanako has been either captured, defected or perhaps even subverted to the NMX. I still say making telepathic contact is an unwarranted risk. It is sending a beacon that any hidden NMX vessel can detect and triangulate. We do not even know if this person is even still alive."

He stood up, "I am heading to the Wardroom Ketsurui-Shosho to brief the away team and then going to the armor bay."

After arriving at the armor bay Ramiro began scanning through the list of modules that the Eucharis had in stock. After a few minutes he started to become concerned that no one else had arrived yet. Once he started thinking, it only took him a few moments to remember that they had briefing in the wardroom before they were to suit up. Shaking his head at his own stupidity, Ramiro jogged off towards the wardroom, arriving a few minutes later.

Bridge

"I'll join you, sir." Reika said to Sune, as the discussion between the officer's came to a close. The operative vacated her seat at the mission ops station and made her way through the Eucharis' interior with the first officer for the short distance required to reach the Wardroom.

Wardroom
After entering the chamber, the Neko noted they were far from the first to arrive -- Takeyu, Suzume, Ramiro and Akemi appeared to be already present and waiting. She was unsurprised to see that the chief engineer had volunteered for the away mission -- that officer always seemed willing and able to give his best. Reika gave the assembled group a soft nod in greeting, before finding a place at the table for herself. Her gaze drifted between Sune and the doorway -- waiting for either the XO to begin outlining the details of their mission for those already assembled, or for any of the other remaining crew to come and join them.

Bridge

With the respectful exchange concluded between Helen and Sune, Helen made her way off the bridge, after presenting one more bow, this time to Hanako.

Mere Minutes Later - Engineering

One place where Helen was somewhat out of her element was in engineering. Sure, she knew the science and concept behind most of what went into working a starship... but the actual process of maintaining the equipment, ensuring its continued function, that was beyond her. Most that she was able to do was conduct emergency repairs, or 'hot wire' a system if need be. Of course, not everyone could manage the technicalities of a starship, and so, that was why engineers existed, and Helen could appreciate that fact.

Upon arrival, Helen looked about, mostly relying upon sight over hearing due to the mechanical components hard at work within the compartment. Strolling along the catwalk, Helen eventually spotted the lone crew member which was handling matters in the compartment. "Nitô Heisho Cherry." Helen started, through Neko telepathic contact, "I have a task to assign, and I would also like to place a requisition for some materials. I will be forwarding both the assignment and requisition to the lead engineer workstation.", as she informed Cherry of such, she sent the request for stealth materials and the specifics on the task of modifying the telepathic sensor to the console, to be reviewed by the red-haired technician.

A shuttle from the YSS Vesper travelled serenely toward the Eucharis, heading for its ventral docking port.

It carried a childlike pink-haired medic who felt she'd been away from "home" far too long, Konoka Miyzawa, Itto Hei.

Yes, the Eucharis felt like home to Konoka. It had been her first assignment, and it was where so many of her friends (Sune, Ramiro, the Ketsurui princess she'd always worshipped and once been kissed by..she was a Shosho, now, wasn't she? But she was more of an idol than a friend...) still served. The Vesper had been fun, and it had allowed Konoka to help out, which had always been her only goal.

But Konoka had realized on the Vesper that some things were more important than usefulness. Like her friends. Like belonging. Like being on the Star Army's most helpful ship.

So, now Konoka was transferring home to the Eucharis. What better time for a homecoming, after all, than the holidays?

She might not stay, of course, but going was necessary.

As the shuttle pulled up alongside the Eucharis, Konoka sent a telepathic message to her old idol/boss, Hanako. Hanako-Shosho, this is Konoka Miyazawa-Hei, reporting for duty. I am requesting permission to come aboard the Eucharis.

To come home.

Bridge

"Permission granted," Hanako sent back to Konoka. "Welcome back! As you are probably aware, we are creeping southward into unknown space, trying to spot and avoid Mishhuvurthyar forces and reach the planet that could possibly have a copy of me on it. The crew is currently getting ready for the possible ground mission part of it. I believe they are gathering in the wardroom."

Hanako looked over sensor readouts yet again before concentrating on planning. Sune and Helen had left before there had been any consensus, and Hanako felt they had no real plan at this point, which was very bad. Being able to sneak into the planet would probably be doable, Hanako felt, but if there were Mishhu there it would be a very dangerous situation. Once again her thoughts turned to the nightmare of her copy being in the Mishhuvurthyar's painful and perverse captivity. It was a nauseating thought. If the NMX had her duplicate, she would have to consider a mercy kill as Helen suggested.

Wardroom

Sune walked into the room and stood at the entrance of the room. He asked Charisma to open a channel to Hanako and Helen's location so they could hear his briefing.

"Okay, here is where we stand people. The Eucharis is on her way to an unexplored region of space, where we will be approaching an unexplored and possibly occupied planet.

We will be assembling two away teams. Since there is a good chance that we will find an enemy presence on the planet we are preparing for that eventuality.

Alpha team to is going to prepare for launch an assault on the base. The secondary objective of Alpha team will be to keep any enemy forces busy to provide an opportunity for Beta team to infiltrate and get

Beta team is charged with identifying any enemy installations before we head down to the surface, and to see if they can determine if a clone of Ketsurui Hanako is present.

Beta team: Klein-Shosa will be in command of it, Nayacesen-Shoi, Tachihara and Kurita-Hei are also assigned to Beta team. This combination should help them get in, find the target, and get out.

The rest of you will be on Alpha team with me. If there are hostiles we are going to drop to the surface in our power armors. We will coat them with a stealth coating, and drop down in a low energy descent to avoid detection.

Once we hit the ground our first objective, will be reconnaissance. We will need to provide data for Beta team so they can make their approach. After the recon, we regroup, signal Beta team and then do our best to keep the squids busy.

Any questions before we head down to the armor bay and start preparing our armors for the drop?"

Wardroom

Misato quickly put her reader away when the first officer walked in; she also watched to see how others reacted to her. She paid attention to the whole briefing and was confused about the objective itself. Why is there a clone of the Shosho, and how in the ‘verse did she lost. Misato wanted to ask to sate her curiosity. She didn’t speak up for only one reason: if the Shosa deemed it important for us to know she would have informed them in the briefing. So she just sat there waiting to get suited up and ready to launch.

Wardroom

Takeyu listened, the first thing came to mind was that Helen was incharge of the squad and he didn't like that one bit. She was a fellow soldier, but he detested some of her tactics. One of the things he hated was how she put the squad at risk during the previous mission and was, more than likely, responsible for their cover being blown by firing into rooms what may or may not have had people in them.

'Course, her desire to shot to kill anyone, no matter if they were unarmed or civilian, armed he could understand, but intending to kill even a civilian angered him though he could rationalize it if the person was infected. Regardless, she was still an officer and part of the Eucharis crew and so he would follow her, even if he had grave concerns of his own. Instead, Takeyu asked a different question. "Two Shosho's Sir?" He said and placed a hand up by his chin in thought. "How can there be two?"

"My guess is she didn't really die one of the two times that they resurrected her. Or someone stole her backup data," Ramiro muttered to himself. It was more of a speculative thought intended towards no one in particular.

Akemi silently stood at attention as the others spoke. She did not care that there might be a clone of Hanako or why that might be the case. She simply wanted to carry out their mission and perform well during it. She was disappointed that she was not assigned to the same team as Takeyu because she was eager to get another chance to improve his impression of her.

Medical Bay

Hakujou stayed behind in the medical bay, which she was also using as a laboratory, studying her various samples and collated data. There were no pressing calls from the Bridge, so she was free to waste her time on her primary goal. She was happy she picked this ship to join, since it's extensive interactions with the NMX has given it a treasure trove of sensor data on the species and subspecies within the swarm. She however kept an ear open should she be called to action, which wouldn't be all that likely, there were more then enough real soldiers here to get killed then to waste a doctor on something they're not meant for.

As soon as Konoka got aboard the Eucharis, she raced over to the Wardroom and caught the end of the briefing. Glad she'd arrived when she did, Konoka smiled at her old friend Sune.
"Is it to late for me to volunteer for this mission?" she asked hopefully.

Engineering

While monitoring the briefing in the wardroom, Helen was in the process of completing direction in altering the telepathic sensor, as she worked with Cherry. "We can bear to lose the alpha and delta wave monitors for the duration of the operation, re-purpose those receivers to monitor Kessaku-OS frequencies, as well as documented NMX Nekovalkryja and conventional Mishhu signals, and network the telepathic sensor to the quantum mirror to pick up any faster-than-light telepathic communications, such as those used by the bigger Mishhu." Helen advised, as she looked to a monitor, checking on the status of the stealth-material armor panels that were ordered. Construction was completed as she looked to the monitor. "Alright, Cherry, if you have any further questions, contact myself or someone better qualified in engineering, and coordinate the hardware-software requirements with Tomomi." Helen ordered, before she picked up a tool kit and made her way from the engineering compartment, while calling upon Pineapple to assist with moving the stealth armor materials from the construction bay to the armor bay.

Armor Bay

Working with Pineapple made Helen's task easier, as they moved stacks of thin molded sheets of armor from the construction bay to the armor bay. Upon arrival, Helen set to work with the task of laying specific molded sheets over specific parts of each power armor, using the proper tools to fuse the stealth material to the top layer of armor with each unit she worked upon, as if applying some sort of candy coating. It was a simple process, which took a matter of minutes for each armor she worked on. As Helen worked, she had assigned Pineapple to work on one of the shuttles in the shuttle bay, applying much larger sheets of stealth material, which went on with minimal fuss.

There was another thing which Helen brought from the construction bay, a spray can of stealth material, which she used upon her weapons, ammunition containers, and various accessories. It was a large enough can to go around for the others when they would arrive to set up their machines. For the meantime though, Helen took delight in the look of her Kylie with its new external layer, she found the old machine charming with its new look, and concluded she'd keep the look for the future.

Bridge

The hours passed slowly as the Eucharis crept deeper into the unexplored sector of space. The Shosho sent out an update on the intercom to working sections of the ship but not the sleeping cabins: "So far the way ahead is clear," she informed the crew as they continued their preparations. "We are passing several unexplored star systems. So far we have been having some difficulty getting sensor readings on them. Our sensors are limited due to radio silence. No sign of any enemy forces. Now is a good time to finish any last minute loadout changes, body transfers, or to rest."

After making her announcement, Hanako left the bridge to night shift's bridge monitor Blackberry and went to her cabin where she pulled her uniform over her head and then stripped down for a warm shower. As she cleaned herself she was reminded of Yui and their kiss earlier. After drying herself off, Hanako dressed in a tiny pair of black panties, pajama pants, socks, slippers, and a Star Army exercise shirt and quietly read the news while brewing some tea. When the tea was done, the Taisa went down to the crew lounge to see who was there.

Passageway/ Med. Center

After the briefing Misato went down to the infirmary to request an body swap into a NH-33 model body. She wasn’t entirely sure what she was supposed to be doing on ship between combat zones, so she came up with a plan to get the request for the swap taken care of then heading down to the PA bay and start warming up one of the extra suits and get it ready for herself.

As she entered the infirmary she looked around seeing the tubes for the clones and the mind swap equipment, she started to get nervous. She had never gone through a swap before.

A Passageway

At some point in time during their preparations, Akemi approached Konoka. "Hello ma'am," she said with a bow. "My name is Koga Akemi. I too have only recently been assigned here. Since all cabins currently have at least one occupant, I wish to inform you that I would gladly share my room with you."

Power Armor Bay

Sune smiled at Konoka, perhaps the arrival of the Eucharis' former medic would be a good omen.

"Miyazawa-Hei, welcome back aboard. We are preparing two away teams. We will need a medic on each. You can join Bravo team which will be under my command, and Hakushi-Juni can go on Klein-Shosa's team."

He completed his check of his load out and armor diagnostics. "Prepare your armor, and then get some rest I am sure things will pick up quickly once we find our objective." He said.

--------------------------
Sune took advantage of the extra time to return to his quarters. He switched into his exercise uniform. A quick with Charisma gave him Hanako's location. May as well check in with her then I can go do my workout routine. he thought.

He left his cabin and crossed the hallway into the lounge. He saw Hanako, "Evening Ma'am. This feels strange to tell the truth. I have gotten used to us rushing into each mission. But at least it means that the crew should have plenty of time to make their preparations. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back