• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Medical Bay

Hakujou looked up from a microscope when the doors opened, revealing a young woman. Standing, the scientist cum doctor smiled and walked over, her hands in the pockets of her coat.

"Hello, I'm the resident, Hakujou Hakushi." She said, "can I help you?"

Med. Center

Misato saw Hakujou Hakushi get up and address her, “Yes Ma’am, Uh, I require a new Uh, NH-33 body created and a mind swap over to it before I leave on this mission.” She looked very nervous over the situation. “Uh… What do I do to go about getting that taken care of, Ma’am?”

After the briefing, Takeyu briefly returned to Engineering to check on his fellow crewmen, then made a few corrections to some of the ships systems before heading to the power armor bay to outfit his power armor for the missions at hand. He picked out a missile pod for his shoulder, along with the two leg hangers to use for his NSD's in relation to recon and protection. He picked out a few other items before heading to medical to update his backup, then back to Engineering to continue his duties while he awaited the order to deploy.

Lounge

Hanako found that the lounge had recently been equipped with a small, live blue spruce tree near the stairs to the wardroom, and that Victory and Lime were busy putting tinsel and strands of colored lights around it. Even in its unfinished state, she found it most beautiful and she enjoyed the tree's scent. The base of the tree was equipped with a modified, miniature P4 unit to sustain the tree, and golden silk "skirt" covering the floor around it.

Approaching the tree, Hanako asked, "Where did you get it?"

"Taisho Yui left it here when she last visited," Victory explained. "There are even little model starships to decorate it with!"

"Would you like my help?" the Shosho asked.

"Okay!" Victory nodded.

Soon, Hanako was busy putting little Plumeria gunships and Yui Scouts on the tree. As they worked, the smell of cookies began to drift down from the wardroom.

Wardroom
Konoka nodded affirmatively at Sune...Bravo Team suited her just fine. "I'll go get ready," she smiled and walked into the corridor.
A Passageway
"That would be just fine, Akemi-Hei," Konoka smiled at her new roommate. "But don't be so formal! Despite all my time on the Eucharis, I'm still just an Itto Hei."
Crew Quarters
Konoka set her stuff down in her new room and smiled. I'll need to grab a medical kit to take on the mission, she thought. I guess it's high time for me to return to my old post, the Medical Bay.She left the cabin and skipped all the way there, happy to be back where she belonged.
Medical Bay
Konoka entered the Bay to find a young neko talking to a fair-haired one in medical panels. She smiled at them both.
"Sune-.....umm, whatever rank he is now....said something about another doctor." Konoka said, looking at Hakushi. "Are you her?"

She bowed in introduction lightly before grabbing a medical kit. "I'm Konoka Miyzawa, Itto Hei. I was the ship's doctor here before you arrived. What is your name, ma'am? I should know it, since we're going to have share this Bay from now on."

Medical Bay

Hakujou opened her mouth to answer Misato, when someone else entered and asked her name.

"As I said to this timid mouse, my name is Hakujou Hakushi, resi-" she paused when she learned that this person was the former resident of the ship. She got a confused look on her face. "Wait, why did you come back?"

She then remembered the first person, "Ah yes, about the Type-33," she turned, ultimately abandoning her prior question to lead Misato to a particular bed. "Just lie here and we'll take a mental backup. Now, about your new body, do you want it exactly like your current one? Or would you like some cosmetic changes? Taller? Thinner? Different hair color? Style? Smaller ears? Human ears? high peak ears? Maybe a tail?" She started firing off question after question in rapid succession as she started typing on a Volumetric display as a nearby empty tube started filling with Hemosynthetic material.

Med. Center

Misato laid down onto the bed for the mental back-up, “Exactly the same as I am now including the ident tattoo down my back please,” she stated that quickly before her fear could take hold. She laid there thinking for a second, “Well maybe a tail would be neat to try, Can it be removed if it because a problem, well of course it could. Hmm… Yes a Tail would be a good add on.” Her fears seemed to melt a little with the thoughts of having a tail.

Medical Bay

"Of course it can be removed if you dislike it. We'd have to redo the body though since it would be imbalanced if something like that was removed." Hakujou said as her hands flew across the holographic keyboard as the cloned body was prepared. While that was happening the Mental Backup device activated and started a deep scan of Misato's brain. The experience was uncomfortable and felt almost like a heavy set migraine while it worked it's sciency magic and digitally copied everything about Misato up to this exact second, all her memories, emotions and personality were now hard coded into the database built into the chair.

When the process was completed, Hakujou flagged the neko's attention with another question. "What kind of tail? rodentia, felis, leonin, canidae, aves?" She asked, each word popping a volumetric window up with a picture, highting the tail. First was a mouse, then a housecat, then a large sandy brown cat with a thick dark orange main and a thin tail with an orange tuff on it, then two different dogs, one with a skinny tail, one with a puffy tail, and finally a picture of a peacock.

Med. Center

The scan was awful she felt like her head was going to pop. Luckily it was over fairly quickly. As the Doc was listing off types of tails Misato watch the picture scroll by. “Um… I like the orange one with the tuff at the end but can it be made to match the color of my ears?”

Medical Bay

Hakujou make some adjustments on the machine and then forwarded a composite of Misato with the tail for her approval, in the tank beside her was an almost complete clone body, minus the tail. "All I need is your approval and I'll get the tail grown and you into that body in a few minutes." Hakujou said as she tweaked Misato's clone's muscle control lobe and adapted a subliminal program for the Santô Hei's mind to adapt to sudden tail-ness without anything stepping on anything.

Med. Center

Misato looked into the tank and saw herself floating there, it cause such an unusual feeling in her a mix of dread and excitement of the new body, “Yes please add it to it.”

Medical Bay

Having completed loading out her Kylie, and setting aside the kit she needed for the mission ahead, Helen made her way to the medical bay with the intent of creating a back-up. Prior to her arrival, she carried out some last minute sorting of internal files within her OS. She was sorted out, as she stepped into the medical bay, and spotted Hakujou.

"Excuse me, Haku-chan." Helen spoke, as she stepped over, yet not too close as to crowd the woman. She knew not to get in the way of a doctor's work. "When you're done, I could use a hand with creating a back-up..." Helen trailed off, as she looked over the clone-tank. "Is this one of the new bodies?" she asked, as she looked to the patient, Misato. "Santô Hei, I would recommend you keep in touch with Hakujou in the future, she does like to have in depth information about NH-type units in the field, you may end up being credited in a research paper." Helen spoke, with a smirk that teased at the corner of her purple-clad lips. "I'll wait on a bed while you work Haku-chan." Helen spoke, before patting Hakujou on the shoulder, and walking to one of the beds which she then sat down upon.

Medical Bay

While she didn't look up, one of Haskujou's ears turned slightly when Helen called her by her self professed pet name. When Helen asked about the body being grown, all the doctor did was nod. Apparently properly growing a tail was an exacting process as she was concentrating fairly hard, even though she had accepted Helen's request.

Meanwhile, for Misato.

Hakujou continued to type and fiddle with the Holographic display she was at, when Misato suddenly felt sleepy. A sharp motion of Hakujou moving some sliders on the display caught her eyes, but then she felt even more sleepy after noticing. She then noticed Hakujou was looking at her.

The doctor's eyes, sharply fixated on the Santô Hei, didn't show any emotion, almost as if the neko was nothing more then a thing, an item left strewn on a table. Then a stronger wave of tiredness waved over the soldier as she lost the battle to keep her eyes open.

And a second later, her eyes sprung open somewhere else. She was engulfed in a thick yellowish liquid within a tube, to her right, who before was on her left, was Hakujou, still staring at her, but not as dismissive. In fact she looked rather pleased, smirking all the while as the Hemosynthetic fluid was pumped out of the tube and she fetched a towel. It was also at that time, the now naked and slimy Santô Hei noticed her unmoving body on the Mental Backup bed.

Power Armor Bay

After speaking to Konoka, Akemi went to the power armor bay to choose an armor for herself and equip it with the modules she desired. Only after receiving permission from Sune to use the configuration she wanted did she begin setting it up. She chose to equip her Mindy with two gauss cannons, a gauss backpack extension and two leg NSB launchers. She decided she would bring with her an Aether Beam Saber-Rifle to further ensure she would have ample firepower to swiftly eliminate anything she might face. Once everything was set up, the soldier went about coating the equipment with the stealth material spray Helen had left out for her and the others to use.

Medical Bay

Next, Akemi headed to the medical bay to update her mental backup. She announced her intent and gave the physicians time to get ready to supervise her as she began the procedure herself.

Engineering

Finally, Akemi queried Charisma as to Takeyu's location and subsequently went to join him in Engineering to standby in case there was anything she could help him with before they deployed on their mission. She stood right by him, waiting attentively to receive and carry out any instructions he might have for her.

Med.Center

As Misato laid her new eyes on her old body she felt … well nothing. It just laid there like a slab of meat. She was already realizing all the fear she built up was all for not, “Uh.. Doc what do I do now?” She took the towel from Hakujou and started drying herself.

Ramiro sat musing through the available armor module, not entire sure what to pick. Just when he came to a conclusion, some potential future scenario would pop into his head and we would wind up scraping all of his plans.

"Damn it all!" He cursed as he slammed his hand against the wall. "How are we supposed to plan ahead when we know nothing about where we're going, what we're doing, who will be there, how long we'll be down there and how we're even going to be doing it?" He shook his head and sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I guess I'll just go with the shield setup again. Can't go wrong no matter what."

Medical Bay

Why did you come back?

What a rude question! Konoka thought. She didn't really have a simple answer, and she didn't want to pick a fight with somebody she would have to share workspace with, so she ignored Hakushi's blunt question.

When Helen came in asking Hakushi for a backup, Konoka said, "No need to wait, ma'am. I can get a backup started for you!"

Konoka had learned back when Sune was still in the medical specialty that having two doctors around could be very efficient : two medical personnel could treat two patients at once.

For that reason, Konoka was grateful for Hakushi, despite the fact that her first personal impression of her was negative.
"Lay down and I'll start up the machine for you while Hakushi-Juni works with that new body."

Konoka had heard about the NH-33 and even contemplated becoming one, but patient care had always interested her more than uprade technology. She thought Misato's new tail was a cute touch, though.
She would never have thought to suggest it- another benefit of having two doctors.
What one forgot the other supplied.
Nevertheless, Hakushi was the first person who Konoka felt she may not be able to befriend upon first meeting.
I'll give her a chance to change my mind, Konoka decided, but first, I must care for the crew.

With that, she started up the machine.

As her shuttle pulls away from the YSS Aurora, the young Nekovalkyrja aboard is treated to her first proper view of the ship that was to be her home and life. The Eucharis is said to be a fine ship and she certainly looked the part in the eyes of Inoue Rina, even when approached directly from the rear to remain in her shadow under silent running procedures. Her captain is a separate matter. Serving under a captain known to be somewhat reckless makes Rina nervous, but then caution would not win this war. Yamatai proved that. Yes this had the makings of an interesting assignment. And really, it is bound to be better than moving boxes as Taii Akita had her doing on the Aurora!

As the shuttle begins its approach to the Eucharis, Rina reaches out her mind towards Hanako.

Shôshô Ketsurui. I am Santô Hei Inoue Rina, reporting for duty to your command. Permission to come aboard?

Medical Bay

"Ah..." Helen seemed a little uneasy, as she did not want to offend the newcomer doctor. She liked medical personnel, enough to where she had a respect for them, enough to where she did not want to be cruel or rude in her phrasing. "Ittô Hei..." Helen spoke, a little unsure of the matter, but when Akemi came along asking for her backup, Helen had a kind way of handling the matter. "Mm, I can wait, Hakujou has been my doctor for some time, you could bump Akemi ahead of me though, no need to worry." As she spoke, she gave a somewhat awkward smile, and hoped that she did not cause any offense. Never was it wise to offend the person who has the task of keeping you alive when you're on the brink of losing a body.

Engineering

Takeyu sat in at his station, multiple screens depicting various status displays of the ships onboard systens. Glancing to his side to notice Akemi standing there, he turned back toward his displays in thought, before sending a series of set commands to fix a power variation to one of the ships many systems.

"Have you been to medical for a backup Akemi-hei?" asked the Chief Engineer as he got up from his station, walked over to the ships Aetheric Reactor, he turned to his side and looked over at the Hei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back