• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

Ventral Docking Port

Thank you, Santô Hei Inoue, Hanako nodded, giving Rina a friendly smile. "We are currently gearing up for an operation as well doing last-minute end-of-the-year traditions and getting some rest. The ship is moving in a stealth configuration which means we had to sacrifice speed. Please refrain from telepathy, as NMX sensors can detect it. Go ahead and find a roommate in the lounge. The cabins are all connected to it."

Armor Bay

Reika stopped by the power armor bay in order to prepare her equipment for the upcoming mission -- making sure that the Daisy, its systems and weaponry were all up to spec and functioning properly.

That task done, she headed through the interior the the ship to the medical lab to get a mental back-up performed -- their upcoming mission would likely be dangerous in the extreme. The operative gave Helen Klein a brief nod in greeting as the Neko passed her by, before stepping into the chamber.

Medical Lab

The cyan-haired neko's eyes swept the interior of the room until she spotted the ship's doctor. "Hello Hakujou-Juni -- If you're free, I'd like to perform a mental back-up just in case something goes wrong during our away mission."

Armor Bay

Ramiro gave a nod to Reika as he entered and left the room, frowning slightly at the fact that Reika hadn't even noticed his presence. Ramiro figured they were all as worried about the upcoming mission as he was.

It didn't seem like it was going to turn out to be a very fun Yule Time this year, especially if they wound up beginning the mission before the new year came. Still thoroughly frustrated about the future mission, he began making his way to his cabin.

Lounge

Ramiro was so immersed in thought that he almost missed the tree as he passed by it in the lounge. Looking at it made him grin a bit and, now that he was distracted from his previous thoughts regarding the mission, he took a moment to survey his surroundings.

Noticing Konoka over by Sune, Ramiro quickly moved himself so he would be behind her and thus hidden from her view. He put a finger to his lips, indicating for the people around him to remain silent to his presence. Ramiro then proceeded to tiptoe up to Konoka. When he was within arms reach of her he pounced, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her off the ground in a large bear hug.

"Konoka-san! How good to see you!"

Med. Center
As Misato was putting her uniform back on she was thinking that since she had some time before they would get to the planet in question she would head down to the rec. room, and get use to her new body. She figured that she would have time to get her PA up and running before she would be hitting dirt-side. She finished straitening her uniform and turned to thank the doctor before heading out the door. As she was walked down the corridor to the Rec. room she realized she should put on her gym clothes first so she headed up to the lounge to get to her room.

Lounge
As she walked into the lounge she noticed all of the decorations and the tree. She knew what they were for but why something else she just never understood the need for was holidays nowadays. She stopped to watch everyone admire the decorations and chat with each other.

Lounge
"Ack!" cried Konoka when she was suddenly hugged. "Oh my fish....Ramiro-san! I..I was just talking about you! It's so good to see you again. Happy Yule Tide," she smiled.

"I hear you're a Juni now...good for you. The handful of my friends that are still on the Eucharis have done so well for themselves. How have you been?" she smiled, turning to face Ramiro.

He had always been a fun one, Konoka remembered. He'd arrived on the Eucharis at the same time as stoic Sune, and their odd friendship had always amused her. He'd moved up in the ranks like Sune had, too, and probably had a bunch of exciting adventures after Konoka's departure.

"It's so good to be back on the Eucharis with you guys," Konoka smiled. "Never a dull moment, as you've just prove, Ramiro-Juni," she laughed. "It's so good to be back! I was just telling Sune that since you, he, and maybe two other members of the crew know me, I should go introduce myself and wish the people of the crew I haven't met yet a happy Yule Tide. Would you like to help?" she grinned.

Konoka's 'welcome ambushes' had always helped bring new crew members together, but now she was the one who was a stranger. Friendly, hyper Konoka couldn't let it stay that way, especially during the holidays.

"There's one now!" she smiled, pointing at Misato. "Ramiro-san, do you know her? Even if you don't, why don't you help me spead some holiday cheer!" she smiled, racing over to where Misato stood.

"I am Konoka Miyazawa~ Happy Yule Tide!"

Lounge

Sune laughed heartily at Konoka's reaction to Ramiro's sneak attack. His laugh sounded foreign to him.

"You got her good Ramiro-San."He said with a smile and chuckled for a bit, especially when she went off on her "friend making' rampage. It brought back the good memories of his first days aboard the Eucharis.

Now if only she can keep from tripping over her own feet. he thought. "Watch your step Konoka-San." He called out playfully.

He got up from his chair to survey the tree, it was a much more robust specimen than the one on the Bouken. He took stock of the ornaments, uncertain what to make of warships on a festive icon.

He then sent a request to Charisma to see if she could pick up any holiday music from Yamatai and play it through the lounge speakers.

Ramiro desperately attempted to keep up with Konoka's mile-a-minute talking. Every now and again he'd through in some input of, "I've been good," or, "Yes, I do recall." He managed to keep up with her conversation, however. At the mention of introductions he rolled his eyes a bit. Well we know exactly where this is going, he thought to himself. And sure enough, just then he watch Konoka dive-bomb an incoming recruit. He slowly walked over towards Konoka.

Halfway across the room, as he passed Sune and the tree, he leaned over a bit and said quietly, "Would you look at that? She made it across the room and is still standing on two feet, and she did it in one of her hyper states." Ramiro grinned a bit at his own joke before proceeding across the room. As he came up behind Konoka he looked at Misato and mouthed the word Sorry as he pointed at Konoka. He then stepped forward and smiled.

"Greetings, the name's Valencia-Juni."

Ventral Docking Port

Having straightened from her bow, Rina saluted as she was dismissed. "Yes sir." She could feel the heat on her cheeks at having been given a warning already, before she's even fully aboard. From the Shôshô no less, even it was gentle. Great start Rina, great start she thought to herself.

After taking a moment to confirm that the posted ship's rules were the same as those in her briefing, no point in making any more avoidable mistakes after all, she made her way to the lounge. The Eucharis is the same class of gunship as the Aurora, so she had no difficulty in finding her way.

Lounge

Rina arrived in the lounge doorway just after Konoka reached Misato. It took her a moment to place the Yuletide reference, being too young to have known this time of year before. Sure enough, there is a small tree as well, already being decorated.

A corner of her mind whispered that this is what should be, joy found even here. Yet the laughter sent her back to that final day in camp. Joy and laughter reigned as the Yontô Hei celebrated completing their final field training, before turning to agony and despair as the NMX struck and in the days that followed.

Rina opened her eyes, when had she closed them? She took a moment to compose and steady herself before she raised her gaze again. They must know all this, yet they celebrate anyway. She pushed the thought aside, this is not the time. She has been seen, it is time to meet the crew.

Wardroom

Hanako stopped by the wardroom, knowing Mango was putting the finishing touches on cookies.

"Let me show you what I've made," Mango smiled, bringing things out of the galley. There were KS coins made of chocolate and bills made of shortbread. There were sprinkled sugar cookies in the shape of trees and gingerbread houses covered in sweets. The wardroom also had hot cocoa and eggnog.

Hanako was impressed! "Let me get the crew," she told Mango, and went down to the lounge. Hopefully there were still some crewmembers awake.

Crew Lounge

Spotting Rina, Sune, Ramiro, Misato, and Konoka, Hanako waved at them and announced "there are cookies up here!" excitedly.

Lounge

Misato was about to sneak off to her cabin to put on her gym cloths when Konoka ambushed her. “Hello and Happy Yule Tide to you to.” It was nice to meet more from the crew she was going to work with for a good while, outside of formal formats. She smiled, as Valencia mouthed “sorry” and then introduced herself. “Thank you; I’m Misato Suzume, thank you for welcoming me to your beautiful ship.”

Portside

Takeyu crawled through the maintenace conduit, keeping his eyes on the sides of the tunnel to spot anything that might catch him. "When you are moving through the bowls of the ship, make certain to keep an eye out for anything that is out of place," he commented and stopped briefly to look at Akemi. "It'll take time, but you'll eventually come to know what is and isn't supposed to be here."

He then continued back down the corridor until he came to a sliding panel, etched on it were the words 'warning: live wires'. "If we weren't on a mission, I'd probably have this shut down so I can better teach you, we can save that for the next time we are in port." He pulled the sliding panel back to reveal a power relay, a few feet from it to the left was an emergency power relay, used as a backup in case the main blew. "When you're inspecting a relay, always keep in mind that you may not be checking it while it's powered down, so make certain to wear gloves," he held up a pair. "Look for anything on the relay that might show damage, this includs small burn caused by electical shorts or even holes in it that were caused by somethign within the unit shorting out. Sometimes, it may not be all that apperent. You may look at a relay, and notice that it appears to be just fine, that's where you have to not only trust your gut but also ask Charisma to run a check on the unit."

Portside

Akemi nodded in response to each of Takeyu's instructions and did her best to show he had her undivided attention. Even if what he said so far was nothing new to her, she reasoned that it was in her best interest to show she took everything seriously because doing so would help convince him that she was someone worth taking the time to actively teach.

Lounge

If there was one thing Rina did not expect to see, it was a flag officer excitedly waving and calling her crew to come and get cookies. She could not help but find Hanako's enthusiasm infectious however.

"Well we can't have that, they might get lonely!" Changing direction, Rina headed towards the wardroom stairs. As she neared Hanako, Rina gave her a slightly nervous smile, not yet certain what to make of her commander. "Lonely cookies can get up to all sorts of mischief."

Halfway up the stairs it occurred to Rina that she should maybe have introduced herself and stowed her duffel before zooming off after cookies. But what's done is done.

Wardroom

On reaching the Wardroom she sights Mango and decided to correct that somewhat.

"Hello, I am Inoue Rina. These are your cookies?" Looking over the array of sweets spread out, she picked out a tree cookie and took a bite. "Mmmhh, lovely!"

Lounge

Ramiro's head popped up suddenly. "Did I hear the words cookies?" After a pause he rushed up the stairs and into the wardroom.

Wardroom

Ramiro popped his head into the room and sniffed. Sighting the cookies, he began walking over, pausing to bow to Hanako along the way. "Happy Yule Tide Ketsurui-San."

Lounge
"Nice to meet you, Misato-san," smiled Konoka.

Wardroom

...and then completely spazzed out when she heard about cookies, tripping over Rina's foot in her rush to get some.

"You're a new person!" she cried, looking at Rina. A legit newbie, and not just someone I don't know!, she thought happily. "I'm Konoka Miyazawa, Eucharis medic, and, umm, one-neko welcoming committee! Happy Yule Tide! Who are you?"

Lounge
Sune headed up the stair to the wardroom after waiting for the initial rush. "Happy Yule Tide, Shôshô." He said looking at Hanako. He helped himself to a pair of cookies, and moved away from the table to allow others.

He smiled as he watched Konoka go through her greeting routine. Having the hyperactive Neko back helped make the Eucharis feel more homish.

Having seen the tail end of Konoka's last welcome, Rina expected, and indeed hoped for, her own turn. Though she hadn't expected to bring it on with her foot.

"Umm, happy Yuletide. I'm Inoue Rina. It's good to meet you." She smiles at Konoka. "And yep, total newbie! I only boarded a few minutes ago and this is my first posting. I as going to join you downstairs but, cookies! You've got to try one, they're lovely." She looks back over at Mango to smile at her. "Compliments to the chef."

Mango nodded, seeming pleased to watch everyone swarm around the cookie platters. "There are more coming!" she grinned. In the oven she had a special "pecan pie" cookie and a chocolate peppermint type still cooking. It was great to be Yamataian or Nekovalkyrja and not have to worry about gaining weight!

"Happy Yuletide too you," Shôshô Hanako grinned, giving Sune and Ramiro each a hug. "And an early Happy Year's End to everyone!

As Takeyu continued to teach Akemi, he began to ponder what everyone else on the ship was doing and soon received a message that one of his old crewmembers was back, someone he hadn't served with in a long time. Thinking casually to himself, he decided to go ahead and stop the teaching for now. Taking the panel he removed a little bit ago, he put it back into place. "Let's go ahead and stop for now," he said as he locked the panel and then ran a cursory check to make sure the seal was in place.

"When the ship suffers damage, and you can be sure she will, I'll instruct you further on how to repair some of the ships systems. For now, let's head to the Wardroom and see if anything is going on," with that he made his way out of the maintenance conduits. "Are there any questions by chance?" he asked.

Wardroom

"I have none at the moment, but I'll be sure to ask you when I do. I thank you for taking it upon yourself to do this."

Hearing the festive music playing and having seen the decorated tree in the lounge as well as now seeing the crew gathered around holiday themed treats in the wardroom, Akemi turned to Takeyu to do what she thought was appropriate. "Happy Yule Tide sir," she said. She then looked forward and spoke to the ship. "Happy Yule Tide Charisma."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back