• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 15] Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 15.1] Gifted

En route to Crew Quarters
"Well, Akemi-Hei, I'm also into...." Konoka began. She paused, smiling, when her big green eyes saw Bors heading to the Wardroom after dropping off his stuff.
"....welcoming new crew members! I always used to be the first to welcome new Eucharis crew. It looks like a new infantry person like yourself just came aboard! Sorry, our karoake session is going to have to wait. I can't see a new face and not say hello! Especiallly at Yuletide. I promise we'll sing later, but... Would you like to run over to the Wardroom with me and welcome him?" she beamed.

Time to go do another 'Konoka Welcome Ambush'! she thought to herself mischievously. Looks like he's a Nepleslian. I hope he likes hyper neko welcoming committees!

Akemi smiled back at Konoka, looking not the least bit disappointed. "That's alright. Sure." She waited for her energetic companion to start moving and then followed along beside her.

Wardroom
With Akemi in tow, Konoka dashed over to the Wardroom and immediately made a beeline for Bors. She smiled at him before saying, "Hi! I'm Konoka Miyazawa...Miyzawa Konoka, in the Yamataian order. This," she smiled, indicating Akemi behind her, "is Akemi Koga. We're both Itto Hei. I'm a medic, she's infantry like you. Welcome to the Eucharis! What's your name? You're a Nepleslian, aren't you? How interesting! We don't get lots of those. Where are you from? Is this your first assignment? It's so nice to meet you! Oh- and Happy Yuletide!" she finished, too out of breath from running and from her hyper little speech to keep yammering.

When she caught her breath, she added, "Oh, and, ummm, you don't have to answer all those questions, if you don't want..but, welcome!"

Bridge

Hanako felt tense but at the same time something inside made her feel like a total badass. She watched the sensor data closely simultaneously hoping for and against the appearance of the enemy. It was the first time she could remember feeling blood lust. The Mishhuvurthyar were a pox that had buried underground the hopes and dreams of the Yamataian people and for that she detested them...not so much the soldiers. The Nekovalkyrja they'd captured were just doing their duty. She wanted more Mishhuvurthyar and Umbral out of the picture.

As the Eucharis reached the outskirts of the system, Hanako's dainty hand smacked down on the beat-up dark gray plastic of her phone and pulled it free with a grunt, her other hand dialing the full-ship intercom: "Every mission is a chance to end something. We are in deep. Armor teams prepare for search operation, then remaining crew set condition two throughout the ship."

Wardroom

Aw, fish!
Konoka thought. Our newbie Nepleslian didn't even have enough time to process my rambling and introduce himself before it was 'go time' again!

"I guess you can introduce yourself later," Konoka told Bors. "Right now, it looks like you're about to have a first day on the Eucharis like I did: thrown into the action after about a minute!" She smiled. "Good luck," she added. "I gotta go, I'm on one of those 'teams' the Shosho mentioned. You should probably go figure out your duty station, Hei!"

With that, she skipped off to prepare herself.

She got herself a backup at the Med Bay and then took her medical kit down to the PA Bay to go get armored up.

Armor Bay
When she was ready, she sat down and waited for the rest of her team to arrive.

Wardroom

Akemi bowed to the Nepleslian. "As she said, I am Koga Akemi. Happy Yuletide and welcome aboard. I hope we get along well and you find it easy to get settled in here. I'm still new here myself, as are several others, so you are not alone in that regard. Please excuse me, I too must get ready." Her speech was formal and indifferent unlike that of her counterpart. Having given her own greeting, she turned back to the cabins and went to her room to deposit her gifts. Afterwards, she decided to make another update to her backup so that she would remember the brief yet pleasant exchange she had with her new roommate in case anything happened to her. With that done, she joined Konoka in the armor bay and sat beside her.

Armor Bay

While Akemi sat, she turned to her fellow soldier and spoke with a smile and subdued enthusiasm. "I'm really glad you rejoined this crew just now and we've ended up on the same team for this mission. As a result, I now have the cutest crew member as my roommate and the perfect person to talk to. The others seem just fine, but I still find it difficult to open up to them since they're my superiors and seniors. Of course you're my senior too, but you feel so much easier to approach because of your demeanor. I just love how energetic and outgoing you are."

Armor Bay
"Y-you do?" replied Konoka, blushing. "Oh, thank you, Akemi-Hei! Nobody else on the Eucharis has really appreciated my kawaii side like that before."
It really was flattering, Konoka thought. Konoka had been with the Eucharis for three or four years and nobody else said that. Mostly, even those who found Konoka's kawaiisa obession and energy amusing thought of it as a little odd. Some had even called her unprofessional or ditzy. And here Akemi was, admiring her senior, Konoka, for being her cute and energetic self.
It was positively reassuring to return to the Eucharis and find someone who seemed like the perfect friend. Konoka had always believed in the power of friendship. Now, it seemed karma was rewarding her for it.
"I'm glad to be rooming and working with you, too," Konoka smiled. "And you shouldn't be afraid to talk to anyone, senior or not. My high-energy introductions have really opened doors for me to make lots of lovely friends. Just talk to people, Akemi-Hei. They're already your allies. If you just talk to them, they might turn out to be as relatable a friend on some level as you are to me-you never know! Next time we get down time, just be socialable. Hopefully, there will be a chance after our mission for you to give it a shot."

Bridge

Sune stood up, "I will join the Away team. We are still waiting for information from Klein-Shosa and team." he bowed, secured his station and left for the armor bay.

Armor bay
After making his way through the ship, he soon arrived at the armor bay. He walked over to his assigned armor. He switched out the teleportation module with a Barrier Shield module. He was could deal with the lost of power from the forearms and use the other weapons he select.

"Double check your gear and make any last minute changes. Once we get coordinates we take a long step out of the ship." he said to the others.

Armor Bay

Akemi nodded and acted extra happy. "Alright, I'll try. Thanks for the encouragement, senpai." She thought she might enjoy her using that term. She turned to Sune, acknowledged his order and swiftly began to carry it out.

Armor Bay

Takeyu walked into the armor bay, curiously rubbing his chin as he did so and over to his power armor, he gave the armor a quick looking over before getting in. As he waited for the armor to power up, going through the sequences, he redid his configuration, two NSD hangers along with a missile pod.

When the armor was fully on, he walked into the armory to pull out a plasma rifle, to help augment his firepower, then he headed back into the bay to wait for the reployment and for Helen to arrive.

Bridge

Before he left his station, Ramiro pulled up the ship's controls. With some quick movement from his fingers he activated the weapons and changed more CFS power to the shields. "Weapons active, CFS currently balancing between shields and engines. We are in Condition 2 Shosho." He then stood up and bowed to Hanako before jogging out of the room.

Armor Bay

When Ramiro arrived in the bay he began suiting up. Luckily he had planned out all of his modules the previous day, but as he suited up he ran through his module plans in his head as to double-check that he hadn't missed anything.

Armor Bay

When the order was given, Helen was quick to head to the armor bay, and once there, she strode past the armors which were to be deployed, giving them one last look-over, to ensure that there were no stealth panels forgotten on the units. She nodded her approval, before she strode to her Kylie, and went about checking on it. Modules were in place, missile packs as well, everything seemed in order, including the magazine for the railgun. Once she was sure everything was set, she removed her NSP from its holster, and went about slipping it into the Kylie's own holster. She offered her machine a smile, before she went about the process of getting settled in. Once inside of her machine, she grabbed the two weapons which she felt were going to be essential to the mission, her Aether Gatling, and one of the weapons which she had found charming once she noticed it in the armory, a Na-W3301 'Scout'.

With her helmet off, Helen looked to the others present, before she stepped to one of the internal phones, and went about making her own announcement; "Attention, Beta Team. Tachihara, pick up some demolitions equipment from the armory, focus on obstacle clearing equipment as well as material neutralization. Kurita, gather a Ke-G1-1a scanner with full module compliment. I want weapon load-outs and module load-outs best suited to rapid insertion and withdraw, as well as weapons which inflict minimal collateral damage with optimal stopping power. If there are any questions, bring them to my attention, that is all." with that, she hung up the phone before talking to Takeyu.

"Takeyu... we've worked together before, on that station." Helen started, as she pressed her lips together, before speaking; "Things will go better this time, for now, I just ask that you work as the support backbone of our group. Defensive equipment, tools, supplies to ensure our survival. You are an excellent engineer, and I feel that your talents must be given the optimal opportunity to be used. Anyone can fire a rifle, you have a unique capability within our group, keep that in mind." Helen stated, before she stepped away to check on the last bits of her load-out, including ensuring that she had first aid supplies in her Kylie's butt pack.

Cabin 6

After visiting the wardroom and being pleasantly surprised by a small collection of gifts intended for her, Reika collected her share of the yuletide presents and took the items back to her quarters to put them away properly prior to the start of the impending away mission. Once her task was completed, she spent a short time reading peacefully before Hanako's call over the ships intercom instructed the members of the two away teams to report to the armor bay and get ready. Reika set down her book, vacated the room and made her way through the ship. Whilst on route, Reika heard Helen Klein's added instructions as well.

Armor Bay

When the operative reached the bay she strode past the busy crew already present before coming to a stop in front of her own Daisy armor. She gave the suit a cursory inspection having already gone over the armor more thoroughly the night before, and once she was satisfied that the suit was properly fitted for the mission she climbed inside and initiated the start-up sequence.

Once the armor itself was good to go, Reika made her weapons selection from the ships armory -- rather than taking her usual Light Armor Service Rifle Mk II she also selected one of the new 'Scout' rifles of Nepleslian manufacture which would provide more firepower than her usual weapon -- any smaller or unarmored targets she could engage with her suits forearm weapons. After acquiring her rifle, Reika set about retrieving the additional items that Helen Klein had specifically requested -- she found the sealed containers housing the explosives and demolitions equipment and collected a number of plastic explosives, satchel charges and detonators inside a spare portable case. With the case in one armored hand and the rifle in the other, Reika was more-or-less all set for the mission to start.

Armory Bay

Takeyu was surprised, he half expected Helen to have a few words for him in relation to the station but instead what she said wasn't what he was expecting. The Chief Engineer had to think for a moment, before saying. "Thank you Shosa," then he began to think about the additional equipment he should bring along, items to help facilitate their mission.

He decided to head back into the armory where he retrieved a butt-pack and opened it up, it had the standard equipment inside, but he was going to add more, some engineering tools and two med-kits, along with a few other items. The tools were in case they ran into something that they needed to crack open, but without causing to much of an uproar, while the med-kit would naturally serve the purpose of treating anyone who was injured on the spot instead of having to wait until they got back to the ship.

Armory

Misato took all of her gifts and stored them in her cabin, grabbing her NSP and the she headed down to the armory. She needed to outfit her armor quickly and get suited up. As she walked into the armory she saw Helen, Reika, and Takeyu, bowing to them she went over to an unassigned PA and started going over every inch of it making sure there wasn’t any damage or faults that she could see. Falling back on her PA training she did most of this without thinking, so at the same time she was able to decide on what weapon load out she was going to take with her. She decided on just the standard issues “balanced” load out with a Ke-M2-W2913 with the bayonet attached. After her inspection she started adding the weapons to the armor. After she got the weapons attached loaded and spare ammo stored she started to look at the demolitions the armory contained.

Turning back to other she addressed the Shosa, “Ma’am, would anyone be upset if I load up on a few of these demos? I believe it might be handy if we need to create a door or a distraction,” smiling she continued, “back in boot I was fairly handy with them.”

Armor Bay

Konoka enjoyed being called 'sempai' by Akemi, and smiled at the nickname. She was quite glad that her first mission back on the Eucharis was finally getting under way- and in quite a nice way, so far.

As such, she wasted no time acknowledging and racing to follow Sune's order. She'd brought her medical kit, of course, since she was meant to serve as team medic, and she had her NSP and all the other Mindy basics.

Konoka was all geared up, and she was chomping at the bit with excitement for the mission. "I'm ready!" said Konoka. "Is everybody else here and ready to go?"

Armor Bay

Akemi had simultaneously slipped into her suit as Konoka did. As she made the transition from uniform to armor she projected a hologram mimicking her bodysuit to hide her nakedness. "I'm ready."

Wardroom
"What just happened?" Bors said to himself after Konoka and Akemi had briefly introduced themselves, "so many questions I couldn’t get a word in edge wise." Shaking off the shock of the question blitz and also realising he was talking to himself, Bors decided to figure out what was going on and that meant heading to the Armor Bay.

Armory/Armor Bay
About halfway to the armor bay,Bors remembered two things, one he couldn’t fit into standard power armor, and two even if he could he didn't have an assigned set. Thinking on his feet Bors made a detour to his room and put on his Type 31 Field Uniform, grabbing a field hat and his helmet, and made his way to the Armory for some weaponry. As he walked into the armoury he was surprised at the amount of weapons he found,I'm going to have to spend some quality time in here later he thought grabbing a Xaser rifle and a few extra magazines and headed into the armor bay.

Well this is awkward Bors thought walking into the bay, aside from being new and not really knowing anyone, he also was the only one not in power armor. "Sorry to barge in but, I heard this is where everyone was headed and I thought I'd follow suit"

Armor Bay

"Reika." Helen said, in a tone that she had only used with Hakujou since she had been aboard the ship, as she stood beside her fellow SAINT operative. "You're aware, that with the Daisy, we need to make sure that the shuttle remains in operating condition, or one of the flight-inclined PA, or you'll be stranded, right?" she said, as a word of warning. "If anything threatens the shuttle, make sure that no damage comes to the engines... speaking of the shuttle." Helen stepped away from Reika on that point, before looking to her other team members.

"Beta Team, move to the shuttle bay, and board the stealth-modified Kuma. If there are any mission-related items which you feel that you require to complete the mission, and you feel that you would be hindered by carrying the item upon your armor, bring it with you onto the shuttle. Misato, you can grab some demolitions supplies as well. Takeyu, you will be in the pilot's seat. Now move people, we don't have all day." Helen ordered, before leaving the armor bay, and heading to the shuttle bay.

Shuttle Bay

Once in the shuttle bay, Helen opened the hatch to the modified Kuma, before stepping in and heading to the systems operator station, where she went about conducting a full check of the shuttle systems in preparation for departure.

Armor Bay

Hidden by his helmet, Takeyu visibly blinked at Helen telling him he was in the pilots seat, it had been a long since he'd piloted anything, but the chance to do so caused a slight grin to appear on his face.

Finishing up his packing, he swung the pack onto his armor, then walked over and picked up two Type 31 Survival Kits, just in case things went sore and they needed them.

He carried them to the shuttle bay, then planted them onto the shuttle out of way. Once he was sure they were secured, he stepped into the shuttles cockpit and took a seat in the pilots chair, then started assisting Helen in running the checks on the systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…