• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 16.1] Hanako's World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eucharis - Wardroom

"My team performed admirably, to the best of their abilities, though, they have their limits. However, the limits I observed were mostly due to inexperience and lack of battle hardening." Helen explained, as she looked to Hanako. "Merely the differences between the common soldier and a veteran. Mostly knee-jerk reactions, poor impulse control, and minor delays to respond to orders. These issues can be directly linked to combat pressure."

As Helen spoke, she looked to her cup of coffee, eying the blackness which sat as a void within the cup, before she picked it up between her points in speech, feeling the warmth in her hands before she took a sip, letting the bitterness play upon her tongue for a moment before she spoke again; "Even with the small errors, I found no glaring issues other than a need for a refresher on anti-Ripper procedures. Also, I should indicate a technical issue that is outside of our control. Our power armor require a telepathic stealth feature, as well as an exterior cleansing feature. Our cover was only blown due to the presence of a Dark One which sensed our presence, as well as the odor which remained upon our armors after wading knee-deep in filth."

Wardroom

Takeyu waited, and listened.

Tapping his shoulder a moment, he spoke up. "The smell of the armor was one of the issues, the Dark One is another, but the other issue I feel is that we need to create a schedule or set up a course on stealth tactics to be used within an enemy station. To avoid detection, and what not to do when enemy forces are in the area, when you are trying to maximize your stealth capabilities," he didn't mention Bors, didn't feel he needed to, the soldier probably would get the hint that he was referring to him. Instead, he would talk to that soldier alone after the briefing, though he planned on having Sune with him naturally. He had no desire to chastize the soldier, the man was green after all and green soldiers make mistakes, but it was a mistake that could've costed them dearly.

But, something nagged at the edge of his conciousness, the response times of the Rippers when their cover had been blown was - in his opinion - suspiciously quick.

Eucharis Wardroom

Once food became available, Reika obtained for herself a plate filled with an assortment of fresh goodies for her breakfast. After returning to her place at the table, the neko operative at first listened silently whilst the rest of the crew conversed -- eyebrows rising silently as Hanako mentioned their intended destination for shoreleave -- whilst nibbling upon one of the scrumptious biscuits that had been prepared by the cook.

Eventually, she nodded her agreement and Reika added her own comment following after Takeyu's. "A refresher on capture and covert infiltration tactics would probably be a good idea for all the crew -- even the non-infantry personnel aboard. Considering how often this ship and its crew all get involved in these kinds of extreme situations, any extra training to prepare us for future situations would be of benefit."

Wardroom
Konoka looked down at her breakfast, uncharacteristically glum. She hadn't been looking forward to discussion of the mission....after all, she was part of the reason it got screwed up. She was nowhere near as green as some of the others- she should've known better. Konoka had hoped to tell Mistuko to relax and not be so nervous before the discussion had turned to mission related matters, but now Konoka was just as nervous herself.

When Takeyu started discussing what went wrong with Team 1 and smiled at her, her eyes widened and she looked away. When he and Reika were done speaking, she said softly, "A refresher on the protocol when.....enemy forces...are around on a stealth mission would be...good for everyone," she said. "Because following the incorrect protocol of one of my teammmates nearly got me killed. Not knowing what to do was a big part of my team's 'what went wrong'...sounds like ditto for those who were on Team 2, but I wasn't there, so tell me if I'm wrong. I think it's also the reason that I had a lot of...work...to do when we got back. Maybe I'm incorrect again, but I personally think it seems we got a lot to learn."

Wardroom

Akemi stopped eating once the captain began to speak and turned to face her and each person that subsequently volunteered an answer. She wanted to say something initially to show that she was making an effort to really think about what she asked, but she didn't think anything her team had done to achieve its success was noteworthy. Helen seemed to say all there was to say. Team two simply accomplished its objective because it was sufficiently skilled and disciplined, not because it did anything special. She decided she would leave the discussion to the others.

Wardroom

Not having anything to contribute to the discussion, Tomomi continued to finish off the last of the scrambled eggs. With the last bit of eggs consumed like the rest of the food, Tomomi pushed the tray away from her. She then proceed to put her arms on the table so she could lean in and put her hands under her chin.

Wardroom

Bors's jocund manor ceased to exist as the subject of the previous mission came up. He could feel the stares that some of the other crew members were giving him, and he knew he rightfully deserved them for making such a rookie mistake. To distract himself Bors focused on the remainder of his food in front of him, playing around with his baked apples with a knife before popping part of it into his mouth. Never liked this part of a mission he thought eating a few more bites of the apples before calling it quits and reaching for his, now half empty, coffee cup, Always make someone feel awkward. As the subject of stealth training came up Bors didn't vocalize his opinion, but instead just nodded in agreement.

Wardroom

Hanako nodded in agreement about additional training.

"I was thinking about asking command for some low-intensity missions for a while. We have done so many very dangerous missions lately. I would like to try some basic exploration for a while. What do you think?" Hanako asked the crew.

Wardroom

Takeyu liked that idea, a chance to get themselves off the front lines for awhile to explore places. "Sound's like a good idea to me, we've been fighing for so long, that we could use the breather for a bit," he nodded with approval.

"And who knows what we might find out there..." or what might find us.. how many species out there have we potentially missed? How many did the NMX discover and possibly eradicate?"

Wardroom
"Sounds AWESOME!" said Konoka, brightening back to her usual level of cheeriness. "I'd love some exploration type stuff for a change....especially because I missed that first-contact mission I heard you guys had awhile back....that sounded fun. I've never gotten to DO much exploration type stuff, because the Eucharis has never been assigned it that much. But I've always thought I'd be good at it."
Realizing she was starting to sound selfish, Konoka blushed.
"But, ummm, of course I'll go along with whatever the majority of the crew wants, of course....What does everybody think?"

Wardroom

"That would be a difference. We haven't really done much exploration that was not war related." Sune replied before taking a small bite of his food and swallowed it.

"Do we have any idea where in the sector we will be exploring? And will we be going to an unexplored system."

Wardroom

"It would be the area along the spacelane connecting core Yamatai to the Military Sector," Hanako replied. "It would probably be easy work...mainly a chance to have the crew train and socialize." Hanako took a sip of water and added, "Everyone may comment on the idea."

Eucharis - Wardroom

"While every ship on the front line is an important asset, we should keep our eyes open as well. Also, that would serve well to reduce the fatigue of this crew." Helen chimed in, as she furrowed her brow a bit, before adding; "Though, I do not imagine that I would be of much use on such a mission."

Wardroom

"I would rather do more front line, combat intensive missions like the one we just completed," Akemi said in a neutral tone. She didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but she had been asked for her opinion and wanted to give an honest answer. She was not at all weary of combat. Things were just getting started for her. She wanted to keep fighting until the war was over and to continue to do so in whatever roles were available once it was.

"I kind of agree with Akemi," Misato started, "But I know that the rest of the crew has being aboard longer then I, and I've been on only two combat missions since boarding." Misato hoped that she didn't piss of any one, she knew this crew was strung out and tired. she hoped that the r&r they were about to receive might cure the crew of that.

Eucharis Wardroom

"Either way is fine by me... though, a brief stint of planetary survey work does sound like a nice change of pace from getting shot at by Rippers and trudging through the bowels of enemy fortresses." Reika said with a bemused smile, leaning back in her chair.

"Besides, there's no telling what we'll find in an unexplored system -- for all we know we might run into a hidden NMX base, smuggler's den or something else I can't even imagine."

Wardroom

"Right," Hanako nodded to Reika. "It sounds like most of the crew wants to take it easy for a mission or two. To me, I feel like we have done more than our fair share of risk taking. I will decide after the shore leave. In the meantime, we should all try to relax a little. Team up with your roommates and clean the ship. We will be docking at Gemini around lunch and traveling to the resort by shuttle, so be sure to also pack for your vacation."

Eucharis - Wardroom

There was really nothing more for Helen to say at that moment, so she took to her meal once more as she mulled over what awaited her after the bout of shore leave, that was assuming that SAINT did not have other plans for her which would take her away from the little slice of what most called paradise. There was a soft frown across Helen's lips though, as she realized that she had forgotten a proper swimsuit.

Wardroom

Mitsuko seemed happy enough to let the others speak while she listened. And ate. She packed away an impressive amount of food while the discussion continued. The last few comments from Hanako worried her, though. That didn't seem like nearly enough time to clean the ship, especially if they were expected to pack for a trip after that. She wasn't familiar with the Eucharis yet, and wasn't even entirely sure who her roommate was.

Maybe she could ask to stay on board to continue cleaning? Murakami was certainly much better at that than vacationing.

Ramiro had been leaning back, listening to the conversation around him. He had chosen not to participate, simply because he was indifferent as to the assignments that he was given. He honestly preferred some action, but he knew that he was one of the few that did.

At the mention of cleaning he rolled his eyes a bit. I hate cleaning, he thought to himself as he edged his way out of the booth and stood.

"Nayacesen, I'm assuming your engineering space is gonna need a bit of spring cleaning?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back