• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 16] The Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Thank you for the help here, walk with this damned thing on is a pain in the butt.” Misato let Konoka lead her off to the MedBay. As they walked she studied Reika, she was interested in the world of Saint Operatives. She thought it would be fun to be a spy like those who occasionally would show up in her stories.

As they entered the MedBay Misato moved over to a bed and ungracefully hopped up on to a bed, “Uh after this maybe I should get a back-up done. With a operation coming up it might be handy, but of course let Reika-hai go first.”

Natsumi nodded to Ramiro, "Understood" she said and quickly took her post, settling into the chair at the Automation station. She quickly began familiarizing herself with the control arrangement and available systems.

Her slim fingers danced gracefully over her new controls, calling up the status of all of the Eucharis' gun batteries, ammunition load and effective capabilities. This ship was a bit different from the standard Plumeria-class Gunship; swift and deadly. Even with Ramiro retaining direct control of the main battery, Natsumi could do immense damage to an enemy with the weapons at her disposal.

MedBay
"No problem, Suzume-Hei," Konoka nodded, smiling. "OK, Tachihara-Hei, you go lay down at the ST station and I'll get to you in a moment," she told Reika as she carefully removed Misato's cast. Konoka had already backed herself up....she'd died on the Eucharis' last NMX raid, after all- she knew better than anyone how important it was that they all get backed up beforehand.

"Alrighty," she told Misato, smiling, "now you can walk without wobbling! And of course I'll back you up as soon as Tachihara-Hei's done."

She then stepped over to the ST machine. "Do you wish to be sedated?" she asked Reika, readying the machine.

Bridge

"If send in only shuttles, that should decrease of detection," Hanako said. "Instead of our normal shuttles, we are carrying two of the Century's Ke-T7-1C stealth variants which should be suitable. We also have strike modules for each that will cut an entrance through their hull if we need to."

Hanako turned to Ramiro and Natsumi. "On a related note, can one of you please make an intercom announcement? We need any Eucharis crew member lacking a recent mind backup to get one made in the medical lab."

Bridge

Sune made his way up to the Bridge. He entered and went back to his station. He heard Hanako mention mental backups as the door opened.

When he reached his station he turned towards Hanako, "Ketsurui-Shosho, the Eucharis was updated a while back the Type 32 Remote Backup Unit. Perhaps it would be best to give priority to backups to the new crew members who do not have an existing backup, or those members who do not have SPINE. The rest of us can update remotely." He said.

Sitting down he entered the commands into his console to establish a connection with the RBU. He also replayed the bridge monitors with his SPINE interface to catch up on whatever was said on the bridge.

"Ma'am, I would like to go with one of the capture teams. It would also be good to have a few starship trained personnel on the team as well to help with taking control." he offered.

Mitsuko was nervous.

Of course, Mitsuko had spent the last eight months worried about one thing or another. This wasn't surprising. At least this time she had some rather good reasons to be nervous. The short, plump Neko smoothed down the long skirt of her Duty Uniform with one hand as she waited for the small shuttle to finish docking with the Eucharis, her other hand hefting the standard issue duffel full of standard issue equipment. She hadn't stayed in one place for long after completing her training, bouncing between ships and shuttles as the Star Army attempted to find a suitable assignment for her. Luckily, she'd only spent a month or so in limbo before a Logistics position opened up on one of the more well-known ships in the Star Army.

Unluckily, the Eucharis was mostly famous for the incredibly dangerous missions it undertook. Much like the one she'd been hastily briefed on during her short trip to her new home. She hadn't even set foot on the ship, and Mitsuko was already compiling a list of things that could go wrong (as well as a (shorter) sub-list of what she could do to help things go right).

Finally, the shuttle was docked, and she floated directly into the zero gravity passageway that ran vertically right up to the bridge. Soon the door to the Bridge was right in front of her. In fact, it was still open, as someone else had arrived just moments ahead of her. She needed to get herself under control before she spoke with any of the officers. Besides, things couldn't really be-

"...give priority to backups to the new crew members who do not have an existing backup, or those members who do not have SPINE. The rest of us can update remotely."

-that bad. Mitsuko was stunned for a brief moment, as that list suddenly doubled in length. She managed to regain some of her composure as the officer she'd inadvertently both followed in and eavesdropped on continued to speak. Why did he look so familiar? Oh! Her eyes widened as she found herself stepping hesitantly onto the Bridge. Right.

"...um..."

This seemed like an important conversation. Should she really interrupt? Well, she had already spoken up, and they were starting to notice her. Mitsuko preemptively bowed before she was even fully recognized, not quite sure who all had seen her subdued entrance. She had been ordered to report to Shosa Sune on the Bridge after all, so they couldn't be too upset with her...

Bridge

Hearing the newcomer's voice, the Shosho spun her chair around and stood. She had long sky blue hair with purple-tinged ends and big glittery golden eyes. "I am Hanako," she said simply, giving a bow in return. "Welcome aboard. We are currently preparing for an operation against the NMX. Please find a cabin assignment and get your things situated, then try to meet all of our small crew. Also note that there are 50 infantry troops getting a ride from us, so the cargo area is very crowded at the moment."

Engineering

While Takeyu awaited a reply from Helen, he turned toward Cherry. "Run a diagnostic on the stealth systems please, let's ensure the system is running fine before we actually run it please," he ordered before looking at the reactor and letting out a sigh.

Engineering

Cherry grinned over her shoulder, arching her back and presenting her bottom to Takeyu. "Anything you want." The pink-haired engineer then left to get her space suit. In minutes, she was on the hull with a scanner under the dim light of the stars.

Bridge

Mitsuko straightened up as she was welcomed, trying to remain calm as she realized who was speaking to her. She honestly should have expected this. The ship's captain was usually on the Bridge, after all. That didn't stop her eyes from widening again, behind her tinted glasses. "Y-yes, Shosho." She managed to squeak out a reply, quickly bowing again after Hanako finished speaking. Mitsuko wasn't sure who assigned the cabins. Maybe Sune? She had been ordered to report to him in the first place, so he was probably in charge of those things. She glanced at him, wondering if she should risk asking him about it, when she finally caught up with the rest of what had been said.

"Fifty infantry troops in the cargo bay!?" She was so surprised by this information that she forgot to be anxious about speaking in front of so many high-ranking officers. Mitsuko suddenly had plenty of other things to worry about. "But...how are we supposed to...if they're all..." She knew the layout of this class of ship and what they generally held, and could already see how many problems this would cause. Plus, meals were going to be complete chaos. Not to mention the showers.

Finally she remembered where she was. Mitsuko quickly shut her mouth, certain she was blushing bright red, and began floating backwards toward the exit and vertical passageway. "Oh, excuse me..." She moved slowly, in case the First Officer still needed to speak with her. Or if he or the captain needed to reprimand her for her outburst. She had probably just made a horrible first impression on both of them...

Slowly standing up from the bed Misato eased herself on to her bum leg testing it out. it held her with out complaint, so she took a few steps before needing to stretch it out. The stretching caused a dull ache but she reveled in the fact she was walking normally again. She was just shy of dancing around as she worked out her leg waiting for Tachihara-Hei to get the Back-up taken care.

As soon as she finished with her Back-up Misato knew she need to get down to the armory and get a suit ready for herself. With all the talk of a new mission she knew she had to get some practice in it. She just couldn't have a repeat of the last mission. With the thought of the last mission Suzume stopped moving about and sat back on the bed. She felt like such a disappointment, letting her team down like that.

Ramiro nodded to the Shosho and picked up a nearby phone, dialing into the intercom system. "Attention all hands. Attention all hands. All crew members lacking a recent memory backup is to report to the medical lab for a memory backup."

Bors was jarred from his nap by the announcement over the PA system. Still half asleep he felt around for his coffee cup to help wake himself up, though he forgot it was empty until he tried to take a sip from it. With an agitated grumble Bors set his cup back down and sat up on his bed, giving his neck and arms a little bit of a stretch before throwing on a clean uniform and heading towards the med bay.

Navigating his way through the hallway, dodging and occasionally bumping into the extra infantry nekos that were hitching a ride, Bors finally made it to the med bay.

"I Take it you heard the announcement" Bors said to Konoka while gesturing to the PA system, "Figured i might as well get one, though I think i may need a few upgrades first, you know to replace the fleshy bits."

Bors flexed his still complete cybernetic hand, thinking of other possible upgrades he may need to get in the future.

Bridge

"Guess that means me" Natsumi said to herself as the announcement was made ordering memory backup. She turned her chair away from her station, "I will return once my memory backup is complete" she said to Ramiro, then departed from the Bridge compartment, bound for Medical

OOC: My machine is back online :)

Outskirts of the Rabaal System

The Eucharis squadron stealthily drifted, careful not to give itself away. In the distance, beyond visual range, was a large portion of the NMX fleet, some 2000 ships of various sizes, and the massive "Nest" that served as the head of NMX operations. It was the most important starbase the NMX had, and also one of the most heavily defended.

Eucharis Shuttlebay

The barely-fitting stealth shuttles were crammed into the ship's cargo bay, and the infantry soldiers were crammed into the shuttles in what practically looked like a child's pile of action figures. The strike modules were in place and the shuttles were powered up. Over the intercom, the Shosho's voice sounded: "Attention all hands, set condition two. Away teams: Report to Shosa Sune in the shuttle bay, in armor."

MedBay
After Konoka did backups for Bors and Natsumi, her wide ears perked up when they heard Sune's newest announcement. "Away teams?" she blinked. I didn't know any official team assignments had been made, she thought.
She looked at Bors. "That sounds like your cue, Riko-Hei," she said. "Seeing as you're infantry. I don't know whether I'm meant to stay with the ship or not. I guess we'll discuss upgrades later?"
While waiting for a response, Konoka asked Sune telepathically, Have I been assigned to an away team, or do you wish for me to stay aboard the ship, Sune-Shosa?
Things were beginning to feel pretty disorganized. Konoka hated disorganization- it had killed her at least once, she believed.
Honestly though, she thought, I can't really remember. That's the thing with these backups. They've saved my life more than once, and I've saved others' lives with them, too, but...No machine can remember everything. Not even me.
At least Konoka had remembered to get backups for everyone who had showed up in her MedBay asking for one. She had a bad feeling at least one of them would be needing them.

Eucharis Shuttlebay

Hearing the announcement, Akemi quickly turned off her Anaba and safely stowed it away. Then she hurried to the power armor bay while taking care to watch out for any legion soldiers that might be doing the same to avoid bumping into them. Once there, she suited up with equal haste and went to meet Sune. As soon as she spotted the Shosa, she headed straight to him and stood at attention. Akemi was always eager to be the first to arrive to show she took things seriously.

"Righto Doc" Bors said hopping off the table "Hopefully I won't have to see you too soon, not a fan of dying or losing limbs". Straightening himself out he gave a quick bow and headed off to the Power Armor bay.

Once inside Bors put on the Modified Kylie armor that Helen 'loaned' to him on the previous mission and proceeded to the shuttle bay. Once inside he quickly spotted Sune and Akemi and made his way over to them, giving a courteous nod and a "Shosa" before standing next to Akemi. Glancing around Bors was curious to what this mission entailed, though judging from the extra infantry on board he could tell it wasn’t going to be any walk in the park.

Shuttle Bay

"Konoka-San, we will need you report to the shuttle bay in armor and with your medical kit. Hopefully you will not need it, but there is no telling." Sune replied to the medic while standing in his Mindy 2-3a.

"Attention Away Team, there are six Ke-M2-W2913. First come first serve. Make sure you pack heavy." He sent over the intercom, then transmitted the following data to their communicators

Team 1
Objective: Overloading the Main Reactor
Jalen-Shosa
Nayacesen-Shoi
Konoka-Hei
Yamashiro-Hei
Riko-Hei

Nayacesen and Riko grab enough explosives for us to cripple that reactor and some extra for any obstacles we encounter.

Team 2
Objective: Securing an Enemy Ship
Klein-Shosa
Valencia-Juni
Tachihara-Hei
Koga-Hei
Misato-Hei
Murakami-Hei

He took a moment to acknowledge Akemi and Bors with a nod of his own and took a moment to survey their equipment.

Engineering

Takeyu blinked as he heard the announcement. "Good job on the stealth systems Cherry," he said to Cherry before turning toward the door. "Keep the ship safe for us," he said before leaving the room and heading for the power armor bay.

Power Armor Bay

When Takeyu arrived he walked up to his armor and got inside, where he began to suits start up sequence. When it was done, the suit sealed up around him. "Good," he muttered to himself as he looked left to right and grabbed the armor's helmet and walked over and into the armory.

He grabbed a Ke-M2-W2913 from the rack and holstered it, then looked at the explosives that they had. "Let's see, seventy six blocks of T31PE and nine T31SC, along with enough remote, det-cord, and delayed detonators," Takeyu rubbed his chin before he began to pull out what he felt they'd need.

After a minute or two, he looked at the table, he had six T31SC's, which he felt were better used against the reactor. Then there was eight T31PE's that could be used for blowing away obstacles or for setting up traps. Then the remote and delay detonators that wouold be used for them.

He then sent the following message to Riko via communicator.

Riko, once you're suited up, head to the armory and grab your explosives. If you think you need more, ask me please. Three T31SC's 'should' be enough to crack the reactor, you and I will carrying three SC's each. There is also four T31PE's for each of us. I'd recommend you take four delays and four remotes detonators. I'll be carrying the same one's, plus some det-cord 'just' in case we need it.

Takeyu forwarded the explosive load out to Sune, just in case he felt they should bring more, or maybe even bring 'less'. Then he grabbed some det-cord and placed the detonators and explosives in his pack. Then he geared up, grabbing a teleportation pack, along with NSB Launchers, and then began to think on what else to bring to the fight.

"Shosa, think we need more explosives?" he sent telepathically to Sune. "I have no problems bringing along all of our T31SC's, probably over doing it, but you never know honestly sir."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back