• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.0] Spirits in the dark

Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr once again nodded to La'ta where she could be seen. With nothing to do at the moment, she looked over the room, peeking into places where a person could hide. She had switched from her rifle to a pistol so she could react faster without the bulkiness of the rifle hindering her response to a threat. She was ready to lend a paw to La'ta if she needed it as she, herself, kept alert.

She tried to ignore the dead wounded bodies as she felt nausea at the sight. So far she had been lucky for not losing it so far. Once the search was done, Murr returned back to guarding the only entrance to the Wapoin Rou'sa, she could determine at the moment. Also the main area that held the largest threat.

Deck 1

The suit was starting to smell, which led him to feel more queasy. Memi was about to say then maybe needed to call for more assistance when Syaboa spoke up. The Kynlumu'a of the Yome Ismâopate stood there stunned, and slightly shaking. Why did she just offer that? What was she thinking? There are Âbterya running about... She isn't right in the head. The thoughts screamed through his head as she called out to the dark forces, and all he could to was give a squeaky croak of a "Shhh..."

Deck 2 Airlock

Hewid made his way to the lower airlock. He heard the sound of a Rotysa Tyokame Nortejo being fired on the deck above. 'Kefqâ, what in the name of Siamaka. Who is firing? For that matter at what?' he thought as he waited for Miali's arrival. To facilitate he opened the outer lock. The sooner this new person got onboard the sooner he could get to engineering.

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ's initial assessment was that these dead bodies were from the crew. The injuries she found thus far were caused by standard clan weaponry.

Deck 1 hall

Syaboa would notice when the weapon fire stopped that there was no sign that anyone had fire at them. Or where the 'weapon' discharge went. Other than those from Memi's barrage.

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ looked at the data she got and was stunned, she couldn't beleive it, but she was less inclined to believe her equipment was that faulty to give such a reading. "Murr Sar...according to this these wounds were caused by standard issue clan weaponry. I think we should report this to the others, we might be dealing with traitors instead of pirates."

Deck 1 hall

Syaboa stood there and wasn't sure what happened her wound burned a lot and she let out a whimper, she quickly forced down the pain and growled "what the hell, why is there no marks in the hull or anywhere apart from yours" she got worried then closed her eyes and tried to calm down. As she looked around she had a strange feeling and growled more but sighed and helped Memi "I am sorry, I wasn't thinking, I was worried for you."

Deck 2 Airlock

A few final nudges from her armor thrusters got Miali where she needed be with a fairly good accuracy, and her boots contacted the solid Saemâqi metal hull only very briefly with a dull thunk. She extended an arm in the direction of the airlock and got a good grip on the safety rails nearby, swinging herself around and directly at it. Surprisingly the outer shutter opened just as she got there, presumably from the inside. This was either a warm welcome from the away team she was joining, or she was walking into a trap... but her gut told her it was the former though, and she always went with that feeling first.

The Tuoro turned to the control panel nearby and quickly closed the outer lock to begin re-compression/entry procedures, unsure of the air quality inside the vessel. The systems seemed to be struggling though... something was definitely awry power wise. As the inner door started to cycle open, she peered through the opening and spoke into local upon seeing the Bajao'a's somewhat nervous face waiting for her: "Oh... Sar Hewid, is it? Thanks for letting me in, hope I didn't miss the party."

Last edited:
Wapoin Rou'sa

Murr scowled as it was hidden behind her visor. They was on a Haunted Derelict with the condemned. She motioned to La'ta to go ahead and alert the others as she moved over to the computers and activated it. Seeing what came up. If there was any last reports recorded by the medical staff.

Wapoin Rou'sa
La'tâ gave a nod and switched over to team wide communication. "Everyone, be alert. WE have discovered corpses in the Wapoin Rou'sa, however their injuries were caused by clan weaponry. We might be dealing with traitors, do you let your guard down around any clan members."

After she completed her scans and infomring everyone, she began scanning the room, particularly around the bodies, to see if there are signs of anything telling, like if the fire that burned the bodies was in the room.

Airlock

Hewid gave a slight nod to Miali. "You did not miss the party. Things have been getting strange. The ship systems are a mess and there have been... noises." He said in response. "Let's make our way to the engineering. I hope that I can restore some of the mains. Some more power for life support and get the brain online.

Wapoin Rou'sa

The computer screen turned on and glowed. But a single blinking dot was the only thing on the screen. A moment later text appeared, 'Network offline."

A moment later a child's laugh came from the darkness; follow a moment later by a shrill scream.

Deck 1

He stood there for a moment thinking it all through... "We... We need to keep going. Just around that corner is the door to the cabin we need to be in." He stepped forward. "Once we are in there, we can seal the door and I'll get to doing my job." Memi held back another wave of queasiness as he continued towards the corner. It was creepy as he turned the corner and reached to door.

Wopoin Rou'sa

Murr tensed up and visibly cringed at the scream as she spun around looking for the source of the scream to either end it with weapons fire or to find away to shut it up permanently. The ship was eating away at her resolve. But it was important to recover the ship. For it was still salvageable and if towed to a spaceship repair facility, it would mean big rewards for the crew of the Yome Ismaopate.

Yet at the same time to bring a cursed ship to port could mean disgrace in other ways by allowing the Condemned to roam the Space ship Repair Facility. What they needed right now was a Priest to exorcise the condemned spirits from the ship.

Murr shivered at just being on the ship with it's gremlins and ghosts. She tried not to let it be visible to La'ta that it was effecting her. Someone had to be brave.

She left the computer on as she looked for independent self contained computers that were independent from the ships network.

Throughout the Âmuso Ibâka a shuddering could be felt. Gravity surged for a moment then dropped back to the .1 G. A hissing sound of static filled every member of team's helmet speakers.

Wapoin Rou'sa

A search by Murr would find several HS-PE3 Computer Pads. Most of the were damaged beyond use. But one seemed to be operational but the display was damaged.

There was no sign of a fire in the medical bay. The burns on the bodies appeared to have been caused by a flammable liquid being tossed on the bodies and then ignited. A scan of the respiratory system showed that several of them were alive when that was done.

Deck 1
When Memi approached the door the crest of a Kynlumu'a was visible on the door. The door control panel had a Utility Knife driven into it.

Wapoin Rou'sa

La'tâ looked around and shuddered at the scream, she was trying her best not to panic at the quickly deteriorating situation in front of them and the sudden fluctuation in gravity was not helping in the slightest. "Murr we need to leave. I have data on the bodies, but we need to in from the rest of the squad of the situation, hostiles could still be on board." She put her medical stuff away and held it firmly in her arms. She was shaking, but the suit was doing a good job of hiding it.

Deck 1

Syaboa didn't like this ship but followed Memi hoping to get this over with quickly so they could leave what seemed like a haunted ship to her, she would stick to what she said and bath the person in front of her so they could make sure he didn't smell of vomit any more, but the kiss was something else she wasn't sure what would happen with that, she had never actually kissed anyone apart from family so she hoped she wouldn't have to but some of her actually wanted to try it.

Wapoina Rou'sa

Murr agreed whole heartedly, securing the HS-PE3 computer pad in La'ta's medical bag. Making hand motions to hang onto it for the Bajao'a to take a look at and to get to the info it held. Murr lead the way out from the Wapoina Rou'sa into the corridor. The fluctuation of gravity had made Murr slightly nausea. She had adjusted to the lighter gravity.

The hissing of static was annoying and tried to filter out the static, unless it was an automated jamming within the ships systems that would prevent Boarders from communicating with each other. A lot of commercial ships carried them as standard equipment that plied the outer spaces routes close to the border of the HSC territory.

Murr felt good at least with those she was teamed up, knew her form of silent language of the body. But the two new Senior Crew that was in-charge probably could cypher what she tried to communicate albeit a bit longer than necessary. she always taught those that was interested regardless of rank and status aboard the ship.

Following the HUD display, Murr led back the way they came. Weapon at ready and constantly checking on La'ta and the corridor behind them.

Airlock

Miali nodded to Hewid as she got fully onboard the ship and cycled the door closed behind her. "Well certainly doesn't sound boring over here at least! I'm going that direction towards the Flitter bay also, so lead the way, then." She paused a moment after saying that, with a feeling that something was amiss -- like an off-key note or a break in the rhythm. A second later the interior experienced some kind of gravity wave that caused her to stumble and slip instinctively into a ready stance with her weapon.

As static filled her comms, Miali tried to lower the volume on them to stop the hiss from disrupting her awareness of the situation. "You alright?" she called out, taking a moment to make sure Hewid was okay before progressing. "I think we better hustle, in case whatever made those noises is getting angry."

Wapoina Rou'sa

La'tâ took the data pad as well and secured her medical kit to the suit pulling her rifle as well and following after Murr. She wasn't sure what to think was the crew attacked by the spirits of the departed? Or was it simply traitors on the ship, either way it bothered her and she just wanted to get off the ship as soon as she could.

Âmuso Ibâka

Through out the ship an alert sounded, three long tones followed by a short one. It sounded three times. This was clearly the collision warning alert. As the final sequence was sounding a deep resonating sound could be heard. To someone not familiar with isolation doors, it might sound like a low groan. The isolation doors were closing separating the two decks.

"Kefqâ, the ship is compartmentalizing. Follow me Miali, our only chance right now is engineering. At least there I should be able to restore control and reverse the security lock down protocol." the brown furred Qaktoro set off down the corridor moving aft using the Musculature of his armor to move faster than he normally could.

Bridge

Toidorno had finally completed rewiring the overwatch station on the bridge. He still had no control, but he could at least monitor the ship systems. When the ship initiating repel boarders protocol, he swore. "Dâelt, who or what is controlling this ship." Communications were jammed across the spectrum, both within the ship and without. He scanned the display and found the channel that was left free. He switched his suit's system to that one and the static was gone. Unfortunately all external frequencies were totally blocked. He stepped into the door way, and using the speakers of his Dahome, called out. "Set your comm systems to channel 18.8."

Deck 2 : Corridor

Murr ran through the frequencies to pick up anything. But each channel was busy with static. She increased her pace to get to the crate of explosives. She broke into a sprint. With the enhancement from the suit, Murr flew down the corridors, not wanting to be separated from her beloved explosives. Her feet pounding on the deck plates, echoing through out the empty corridors as the Collision Alert sounded and the bulkhead doors began to close. Separating each deck from each other.

With the crew broke off in teams and unaware that one of team was all alone. Murr focused on reaching the explosive. Hoping that they was untampered with and still in their location.

Deck 1

Staring at the control panel and the knife for a minute, Memi growled before taking and knee in-front of it and started to pull the knife out of the damned lock. all the while growing curse after curse at the damned luck of this whole mission. There were ghosts trying for his soul, a girl that keeps trying to kiss him, and now a weapon wedged where it wasn't supposed to be... ever... "Watch my back.. I'll try to figure something out here..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back