• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.0] Spirits in the dark

EVA Crossover

Syaboa made it to the ruined ship and felt her wound get hot like it was warning her about something, she waited for the airlock toshow that she and the other with her could enter and get into the destroyed ship.

Âmuso Ibâka

Seeeing the door open La'tâ helped Murr push the container through and then picked back up her medical kit and followed after, taking care since the gravity was at minimal. She took a look around the ship to see how bad it was on the inside, hoping it wasn't as bad as the outside.

Jyaon Ruo'sa

Qaedal opened the door to the Jyaon Ruo'sa and stood in the door way. The brown furred Qakla looked at Miali for a moment and then turned and took two steps back into room.

"Sâvyjo Miali Syavis, welcome aboard the Yome Ismâopate. We are in the middle of investigating a clan ship that has been attacked. So I will take your oath now; then you can join the others over there. The Âmuso Ibâka is listed as having two flitters. If one of them is operational, you will prepare it for flight so that the away team can load it up with whatever is salvageable and fly back when done. Come stand before me and I will have your oath now." He said.

He then looked away from her and to a console at the rear of the bridge. "Tasi, records on please."

“Sâvyjo Miali Syavis, you have been assigned to this vessel. Do you give your oath that you will obey the orders of those above you as long as they are worthy? Do you give your oath that you will commit your skills, blood and even your very life should it be required? Do you give your oath freely and with no evasion that you will serve in the Wotanu Abokatinka Poku, with distinction that will reflect well upon the Poku, your Ruoka and your Punla?”

Crossover

After taking what will become goodly sized bruises by morning next, Memi finally was able to reach out and grab a hold of a handle next to the derelict's airlock. He's only reply to the Daho'a was a nod. He was already nervous, and sweating, even with all of the temperature controls the suit was capable of,, his boots were getting squishy from the moisture rolling down his body.

though even through all of the stress to do it, Memi was pretty sure he had gotten good images of the nebula and the stars beyond.

Amuso Ibaka

Murr was grateful for the lighter gravity as it made it easier to manuever the crate through the opening into the ship proper. She moved with the crate over to where Toidorno indicated and secured it by activating the stickies on the containers side where it came in contact with the deck and wall.

She activated the suit's automated mapping system and keyed in the location of the container. It would update automatically showing her position and the container along with the fastest route to it.

Âmuso Ibâka

Looking around at the hallway it was apparent that this passageway had seen combat. The walls were scored with an assortment of weapon types. There was a copious amount of blood on the floor. However, there was no sign of a body in the hallway. The emergency lighting on the hand rails continued to oscillate.

Toidorno looked around. Then across the groups comm system came the voice of Qaedal. "Away team, we are sending one other person over. She is a Flitter Âdornorpa'a. The Âmuso Ibâka is listed as having two flitters. If one of them is still operational. You should be able to use that to load up salvage to be brought safely back."

"Okay, you heard the Tin-Ta'a. The intercom system is down. The atmosphere is breathable, but the heating system is barely functioning. So you can choose to use external air or not. Limit using your communication system unless you have something urgent for the team, use your speakers and microphones to talk among yourselves. Sar Hewid and I are going first to the bridge and see how things are there. Once our newest member arrives, Hewid and they will make their way to the shuttle bay and engineering.

La'tâ and Murr make your way to medical. If there was a fight, there should be bodies somewhere. It is logical that the wounded would have been taken there."

Jyaon Ruo'sa

Having done a bit of research of the ship's layout on the way over to familiarize herself, she arrived a bit early to the door leading to the main bridge. However, it seemed that the commander had already anticipated that and was also there equally early to match her. "Ahh..." stammered the shorter Tuoro for a moment as she ground to a halt and composed herself, giving an energetic salute to her chest, "Sâvyjo Miali Syavis, reporting for flight duty." This was followed by a graceful bow of a dancer's figure. "A pleasure to be here and give you my oath, Tin-Ta'a..."

The new recruit matched the steps of Qaedal and stood before him to complete the formalities. As he completed his recitation of the oath expected of all Wotanu Abokatinka Poku members, Miali could not help but think in the back of her mind how dramatic it all seemed. From the sound of it she was already trusted to take on an important mission, so she had to trust her superiors as they were entrusting her. After a moment of silence, came the reply: "I give my oath freely, that I will follow my superiors orders faithfully as long as they are worthy... to commit all that I have to give, and fly through any danger for the sake of the lives and honor of the Poku, my Ruoka, and my Punla."

She took a deep breath and drew the cord of her twin bladed Gulvisalapur up very quickly, the motion causing a razor-sharp blur to cut across the side of her left arm. Miali felt the pain, but could not help but chuckle to herself inwardly as this was often a training mistake she would make when she first was learning the edged version of the sashblade... but now the intentional strike was just deep enough to cause a few drops of her mixed race blood to trickle down and onto the bridge floor and seal the oath. "I bleed the same as all others... and let that blood be my word to you, Tin-Ta'a."

With that completed, she gave that same well-practiced bow to him once more and smiled now. "Thank you for the trust you are placing in my skills as Âdornorpa'a, I'm very eager to show you what I've got."

Âmuso Ibâka

La'tâ looked around at all the blood in the area and pulled out her medical scanner, taking a few scans of different blotches of blood, checking to see if she can find DNA that does not belong to the clan. Hearing the orders though she decided to make her scans quick as to not anger the Toidorno. Once she had gotten a few samples she stood back up and looked to Murr "Bodies will be the fastest way to identify what happened."

Amusa Ibaka

Murr just nodded to Toidorno and readied her weapon with the barrel pointing at the deck before her. Keeping her eyes peeled for hidden dangers so that La'ta could do her job in getting good readings. Letting La'ta lead the way as she provided protection.

She opened the vents of her suit, conserving the suits lifesupport until realy needed. The air was cold, but managable as it warmed up when coming in contact with her radiated heat from her body and the suit air conditioning system of life support. The cold air would help in keeping her focused and alert.

She was glad that La'ta cooperated with her in getting them both across the void of space from the Yome to the Amusa Ibaka, safely. Here she could return the favor by providing protection and muscle.

Jyaon Ruo'sa

Qaedal smiled after Miali completed her oath. "Your oath has been received, and was well done. Welcome aboard the Yome Ismâopate.

Security will take your possessions to one of the empty cabins. Get down to the Armor Storage area, and put on a Anoka'ano Dahome. Once suited proceed over to the Âmuso Ibâka where you talents will be needed."

Âmuso Ibâka

Toidorno turned to Memi. "According to the data provided by the ship's Ruoka. The Kynlumu'a's cabin should be on the starboard side, the forward most one on that side on the upper deck. Sar-Hewid and I are heading up to the bridge. So you and Syaboa can follow us up to there. Then I'll leave you to your work. "

He made his way to the nearest stairwell and started up. As he started up a series of squeals and bursts of static came out the speakers in the hallways.

Murr jumped a few inches off the decking and almost let off a burst of weapons fire into the deck as the 'Static/squeal' echoed through the quiet corridors of the ship. It was a good thing her weapon was in safe mode. Sences going hyper-alert with a boost of adrenaline. Murr tried to look all over at once as she brought her weapon up and looking through the weapon's sights for pin-point accurate fire.

She nearly beaned La'ta with her weapon as she spun around to cover everything at once. Forgetting to use the interlink with the suit to speak, Murr grew angry not being able to communicate to find out what was happening and to see if she was needed to help suppress any Defilers, bandits, Pirates and anything that would bring harm to those that was with the team on the Amuso Ibaka.

Âmuso Ibâka

La'tâ walked with Murr, heading towards the infirmary, she was familiar with the general design of such a ship so she knew the rough area of where it should be. Her relative calm was broken though by the squeals that suddenly erupted from speakers in the halls, immediately putting her on alert. If she were not in her armor Murr would be able to the small Tula's fur standing tall as her senses focused to respond to a threat. She scanned the area with her eyes and her sensors quickly trying to figure out what was going on. However Murr was riled up and if there was a threat, she wouldn't have been able to handle it in that state, so La'tâ placed a hand on her shoulder trying to settle her down. "Murr, settle down.." She spoke through the speaker in her suit with a soft voice, trying to be as soothing as she could in the situation.

Âmuso Ibâka

Syaboa entered the airlock when it was safe for her to and waited for the airlock to finish it cycle so she could enter the ship and help the others, she winced a bit as her wound seemed to be burning on her stomach it was uncomfortable for her but she had a job to do, maybe she will she the medic about it later just to make sure the wound isn't infected.

As the airlock opened and she entered the ship she tilted her head and looked at Toidorno "where should I go and investigate?" her voice was calm and stern while inside the suit she was sweating and in pain but her voice didn't betray that.

Jyaon Ruo'sa

Miali felt a bit of pride well up as Qaedal seemed pleased with her delivery of the oath. To seek the appreciation of the target audience was the type of validation that was most precious to a Tuima'a, after all. Of course, there was business and adventure to take care of first before any kind of victory dance planning. "I will move as fast as the winds, Tin-Ta'a," replied the female Tuoro as she gave one final bow to her introductory solo performance and departed to her tasks.

It was relieving to be out and about in the corridors again instead of the imposing and somewhat stuffy bridge. Her first order of business was to make sure her personal effects and equipment were already well in hand with the security detail, and take note of where her new cabin's location was. There was no time to get comfortable though, as the rescue and salvage mission she was supposed to support was already underway. Miali headed for the Armor Storage area as instructed, wondering to herself what the Anoka'ano Dahome was capable of, as she had only read about the new suits before and been directly trained in space operations using the older Stako models in the academies. But Miali wasn't too worried either... she usually liked to learn something new by being thrown into it.

Amuso Ibaka

Murr settled down at the voice from La'ta and the guesture from her also. Still she didn't let down her guard as she appraised the situation. Letting her training take over till the rush of adreneline faded as her erractic antics came to a stop.

"All secure," The metalic voice of her suit's speakers. "Whot set that off?" Letting La'ta know she was back in control after the initial rush of hyperness caused by the rush.

Âmuso Ibâka

As La'tâ and Murr passed the middle of the ship on their way to the Medical Bay, they would here a soft sound. It sounded vaguely like someone speaking, but it was too soft to make out.

Tiordorno looked at Syaboa. "You and Memi are to proceed forward on Deck 1. Once you determine the room that belonged to the Kynlumu'a is safe conduct a sweep of the rest of the cabins in the bow."

At moment a distinctive sound was heard from the deck above. It sounds like something metallic hitting the floor.

Âmuso Ibâka
La'tâ smiled softly and let go of Murr's shoulder when she saw that she was starting to settle down. "I'm not sure what set it off, but let's get to the medbay." She said as she continued forward.

She paused at hearing the sound of a voice and looked around. "Murr do you hear that? It sounds like a voice.." She tries to pick up which way it's coming from, a bit concerned now for who might be on the other end on it and if they were injured.

Armor Storage

Potos was at the control console for the Armor Storage racks. He was programming the station for Miali. Pulling her physical specifications and having the rack configure it for the necessary dimensions. Once done he checked with Tasi as to her progress. He stood next to the rack and waited.

Amuso Ibaka

Murr signaled she heard voices also. She looked around her taking note of a wall mounted speaker, then the corridor they was in. Also the ventilation ducts vents. She was just as puzzled as to the source of the voice orginated from.

At least Murr wasn't the only one hearing voices. "We just need to be extra alert. Or it could be we're hearing the others of our team speaking." Murr spoke through the suit's interface, and lowered the volume to a soft legible murmer.

Murr didn't thinks so, cause they would've used radio to communicate with them. But then accustics on ships were weird at times. Specially on derelicts.

Armor Storage

Once again, Miali got a bit of a surprise as the head engineer Potos was ready and waiting at the storage area, the fitting station already programmed and everything. She could not help but be impressed at the efficiency aboard, not unlike a band that were all in sync, and definitely was even more certain she gave her oath of service to a mighty vessel indeed. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long, Kasâvyjo... still a bit new here," apologized the Tuoro as she stepped onto the pedestal of the Anoka'ano Fiqorka Wuny. The machine promptly went to work suspending her in midair, the pieces of the Anoka'ano Dahome coming together around her like a giant jigsaw puzzle. Miali spun around once with a flair, and then inserted her extremities into the suit like slipping on a giant pair of gloves and boots. Finally plopped on the ground, she plucked the offered helmet from the servos and -- taking a nice final breath of ship air -- locked it into position.

Miali tried to refer to the quick start guide of the manual to get the power settings adjusted from normal to full, and made a few trial runs of each weighing the armor's flexibility and encumberance. It responded very well, as she soon was impressing her engineering crowd with a few fluid dance moves and leaps to the deck. "Ah.. this is quite the upgrade over Stakos! I can really move in this!" exclaimed the pilot with glee to Potos (once she had gotten the hang of the comms layout), followed by a grateful "Thank you very much."

Now that she was ready for a spacewalk in style, she eyed the nearby rack containing a row of Rotysa Tyokame Nortejo rifles and ammunition clips. Noting the fact that several were apparently recently taken, Miali figured this was likely standard equipment for the mission ahead and shouldered one of her own, along with a few clips just incase this derelict she was flying the Flitters from was still a hot zone. Armed and ready, she gave an armored salute to Potos and proceeded to the airlock...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back