• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 2.1] Squids Come Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katae picked up the handset as she checked the systems monitor. "Kim-Shoi, we are showing that Engineering space is still venting atmosphere. The environmental systems are trying to equalize and are drawing heavily on our reserves, they are keeping the pressure at 11 PSI. Once your team is in position, I will isolate your corridor section with the other blast shutters. That will reduce the impact on the rest of the ship when you override the shutter. Make sure you are anchored until the air equalizes."

"Eternity prepare to isolate that corridor on my command." she said to the MEGAMI

“Damn!” Eun-Kyung spat the word into her helmet. That she would even swear at all indicated the stress she was feeling, but she at least had the presence of mind to ensure that her comm wasn't still transmitting. “Understood, ma'am,” she said in reply once the link was back up. She switched the frequency back to the away team. “Im'inao-Hei and Yukimura-Hei, please expedite. Engineering has lost standard atmo pressure and we are going to have to depressurize the Main Corridor before we enter. Double check your suit seals in-route.”

Asi double checked his seals as a matter of course every time he suited up, but he checked them one last time as he got to the entrance. "I'm ready to go. Do we have any information on the engineering crew that was in there?"

“We know that Usaga-Hei has a concussion,” said Eun-Kyung, twisting herself around to face Asine. “I'm not sure about anything else, but the continuing pressure problem has me worried about decompression injuries. Whatever the case, our first priority is to triage and treat; but if everyone is stable, we want to get the pressure situation squared away soonest. And make sure to brace yourself when the Captain cracks the seal and vents the corridor. It's not hard vacuum in there, but I don't know what kind of mess we're dealing with and I really don't want any unnecessary injuries, to you or Yukimura-Hei.” She looked around while speaking, hoping to catch sight of the shipmate in question. Her comm freq was already called up; the Bridge, and cracking the seal, was one transmission away and she was anxious to start getting the ship back into fighting order.

"We're ready, Ma'am." Hoshi said, drawing up next to Asine at the door.

The Anesthetic was beginning to wear off -- which was both a blessing and a curse. He could think straighter, at the expense of the throbbing pain spreading across his torso.

To Asine, "I have a Medkit ready. But we need to repair the place before we can help any of the wounded. That's what we've been ordered to do, so no debate about it." His humour was frayed, and his frustration was up. He didn't mean to bring it out on Asine, but he was the closest at hand.

Kyoka was perhaps the first to get out of her Mindy, but the last to actually follow instructions. Being the "Red Shirt" of the crew, she had a hard time remembering where everything was, and as such took a much longer time storing everything and getting to her AMES. She forced herself to hurry, once the suit was on, and get a Caster and a package of Utility goo. Once outfitted with the appropriate gear, she headed down to Deck Four to take the main conduit to where the pylons were, according to the map she was transmitted.

"I hope Haruhi Juni won't be mad at me for taking this long. . ." The Neko mumbled as she jogged down the halls.

Eun-Kyung waited until Yukimura was at rest relative to them and then triggered her comm. “Bridge, XO. We are in position and ready for decompression.” She pulled herself against the corridor bulkhead and grabbed a loop. “Standby, gentlemen.”

Katae upon receiving Eun-kyung message, started the sequence of events. "Roger that Kim-Shoi, I am securing the blast shutters behind your position and then will open the one to engineering. Make sure you have a good grip on something."

From the bridge the command to the other blast shutters was transmitted and the damage control team could hear them isolating the passage that they were in. "Blast Shutters Engaged." Eternity's voice called out. "Initiating emergency override of engineering shutter. Shutter opening in 3.... 2.... 1...."

As the engineering shutter opened the air in the hallway was immediately being drawn into engineering. With the damage control team secured, and no debris in the hallway, it was only a second or two for the hallway to equalize with the Engineering section. In the distance the high pitched shriek of are slipping past the improvised patch could be hear.

"Damage Control Team one, You are a go." Katae sent

“Aye aye, ma'am,” replied Eun-Kyung, landing smoothly in Engineering's gravity field. She quickly looked around, taking stock of the situation. The atmospheric loss drew her attention straight away - alerts already popping up from her suit sensors - and she started to move toward the main controls, wanting to shut down the errant environmental systems. Still, the status of the two technicians concerned her, even though she was counting on Im'inao and Yukimura to provide the triage, so she striggered her suit speakers. “Usage-Hei, O'Kutsuu-Hei; what is the situation here?”

After finishing the preliminary first aid on the Taii, Kame went back to the nearby panel at the Damage Control Station, and inputted the command to close off pipes that vented atmosphere to Engineering. She had opened earlier and the single mostly used CASTER Tape Dispenser just above the repair/bulkhead kits just before she sent a message through Eternity. Wait didn't my Itto-hei mention something earlier about the repair teams finishing just the most basic repairs before we left? Damn those bastard must have used up Dispensers and forgot to tell us! What did they do Molecular taped the entire maintenance conduit system!? Sighing, Kame grabbed hull repair kits and slide the door star army locker out the way replacing it with the hull pieces from the repair kit. As she did so she used the blue laser from the premium portable repair kit to tac the hulls on. She then took the mostly used roll of tape and used it seal 1/4 of the repair hull panel before she ran out. As she looked back double checking that Engineering was indeed out of CASTER Tape, O'Kutsuu saw the damage control panel was flashing and reporting a malfunction with the pipe that carried atmosphere to engineering.

Hearing the away team Kame winced slightly from the pain, "Shoi Kohosei. I have dealt with my Itto-hei's preliminarily wounds; however, she is still unconscious and in need of medical assistance. I finished tac wielding the new hull; however, I just ran of tape from CASTER Dispenser as I used the last bet to seal 1/4th of new panels over the large gash that was venting air. However, we are probably going to need more CASTER Tape. Moreover, as you can see from the read out from the screen here we are still venting gas from large gash. I also suspect that the direct line pipe where atmosphere comes into was hit, as I have tried to shut it down before you came in with limited success.

Finally as far as other secondary repairs, it appears in addition to as you know the front cluster, two of critical sensors that we lost were passive aether sensor and part of hyperdrive sensor. In hyperdrive sensor suite, the subspace mass detector is still functioning well enough to allow the ship to be in warp; however, mixed Sensor array's the tachyon spectrometer and and the atomic lens for the array's neutron detector have received enough damage that they is a risk that we might accidentally hit something small as we exit warp. Primarily these sensors are used to detect other ships; however, they also have a secondary purpose allow the ship to properly enter/exit hyperspace. With you should have been a drone that is collecting the basic sensor and science sensor from the T-8 Shuttle. If you install the shuttle's sensor in engineering close to the deck six sensor's blast door, I believe it should serve as a temporary replacement allow bridge to exit warp in a safe albeit slightly rough and bumpy manner.

As she had taken extra time to ensure that the others had stowed their Mindy's and equipment correctly along with the recovered teleportation packs, Haruhi - donned in AMES and with a portable repair kit snagged from a tool locker in hand - had arrived at the entrance to the port pylon barely ahead of Tsubei.

"The Shoi sent a list of things we're to do and look out for in here, I've forwarded it to you as well so make sure you're aware of all the points. Also, make sure to load some repair modules from Eternity into your head if you're unfamiliar with this type of work." The last point was something that the Juni had done herself shortly previous, her own experience in repair had so far been limited to the things that put holes in hulls rather than dealing with the aftermath of said equipment.

"Haruhi to bridge, pylon team at site and ready to enter; any updates or additional info 'fore we move in?"

Katae checked the pylon systems, and the weaponry attacked. Everything appeared consistent with the earlier analysis. There was so much damage to the pylon that more than half the diagnostics were inoperative. She routed her scan through one of the auxilary pathways. What she soon saw had her worried.

"Bridge to Haruhi-Juni, change in orders. I'm showing that the port Positron Cannon is not in a cleared state. The weapon was in the process of preparing a salvo when the pylon was hit. I can not get an accurate status, but there is a possibility that there is positron shell still in the cannon. We need to determine if there is one, and eject it before it loses containment."

Less talking, more doing, thought Eun-Kyung to herself, listening to the technician's report. She turned away from the main console, the atmospheric systems having failed – again – to respond to her digital pokes and prods. “Well, if you haven't managed to plug the hull breaches, I would suggest you work on manually shutting down the atmospheric recyclers. I don't care if you have to rip them out of their brackets, I want atmo venting stopped and I want it stopped five minutes ago.”

The stress, having already caused a lapse in her usually pure and clean vocabulary, was now causing her to get a bit snappy. She glanced around the compartment for a moment before turning back to Kame. “Take Im'inao-Hei and get to it. Keep me updated,” she said resolutely, walking over to the prone form of the lead technician. “How are you doing, Usaga-Hei?” Her tone was gentle as she knelt down next to the Neko, glancing over her shoulder for the bearer of the med-kit. “Status, Yukimura-Hei?”

Hisa looked up at Eun-Kyung, tried to get her eyes to focus. "Well it feels like I have a pair of NH-29M's in my head with hammers, and if there are two of you standing in front of me. I'm fine. Help me to my feet, I want to check the reactor cooling system." She replied as she attempted to get up.

"Keep her still." Hoshi said, already kneeling down beside the fallen Neko.

"Dizzy, seeing double... A hit to the head or lack of oxygen or both." He began checking her head. "Are you feeling any sort of pain?"

As she listen to Eun-Kung, Kame winced again from the pain and thought, Damn something must be wrong with my left side. The Shoi right shutting of atmospheric controls should be my first priority. My Injuries, no matter how severe, will just have to wait. Kame nodded at the Shoi, realizing that manually shutting down upper recycling system located along the deck 4 catwalk was there best option. With no time for pleasantries, the female red-jumpsuit wearily said, to the blue suit, "Itto Im'inao Asine? I need you to follow these two turquoise colored pipes to deck 4 catwalk above us to a control box and turn the levers that are attached to them by 180 degrees. I'll take care of the other two atmospheric recyclers that are in the front of engineering."

Ignoring the sharp sting of pain and numbness in her left leg and lower back, she thrust herself using her arms and right leg up to the forward catwalk to left-most turquoise colored pipe. Then adjusting her surface area and using her arms to slowly slow herself down, she stopped at a control box that had a green recycling label and the word "air" on it. She rested against the wall and flip the lever on right side by 180 degrees. Kame then limped with her twisted and oddly bent left leg over to the next pipe's control panel. Flipping the switch, she started to feel slightly dizzy, turned around, and floated herself feet-first back to see how Asine-hei was fairing.
Back on deck 6, the lone drone a just come in with a portable repair kit and the T-8's Basic Sensor. It sense Setting the sensor out of the way near the port side. the lone drone grab the connections for the Subspace Mass Detector and Long Range's Electromagnetic trans-space flux sensor attached them to couple of cords from the damage control station. It also grab the Premium portable repair kit from the damage control station at stacked it on top of the Cargo Bay's repair kit it was carrying. The spanner then carried over connections for sensor and two portable repair kits within easy reach of Usaga-hei and the Shoi. Up on the damage control panel and the groups sensors was a map indicating the primary job of the drone was complete and was awaiting further instructions. In the meantime the drone focused the across to the nearby coolant line and began sending what it saw with it long range eye to the same panel.
In the port side engine, the two mobile spanner's sensed with temporarily halted their work on the damage and came around to where the two neko appeared. As the door for the pylon engines was open, clearly on the side in front was neatly autonomously organized stack of supplies with several bulkhead repair kits, two aether generators, extra caster tape, and even two portable repair kits.

Looking at the pair of neko's with their cameras, the drone's beeped at the two blue shirt's Type 31 communicators lit up showing a manual for the mobile spanner repair drone with the sections specifically about how to use the drone to repair bulckheads and other repair things. In addition a volumetric display view up showing the damaged upper port pylon called "Sparky". In the volumetric diagram where several section in red or green that indicated missing pieces of hull and the internal component that were damaged. The display then updated indicating the drones had successfully put most of the pylon into a self-sustaining "sleep" mode and then repaired 50% of the hull damage to the pylon.

After a few moment the drones swerved camera heads toward the front of the ship. They then swerved back and beeped again as communicator appeared to update themselves. First manual now highlighted in a new color the sensor package that the drones came with. The volumetric map of the "Sparky" grew larger and added another fogged section of the nearby positron gun. In addition the new map showed several areas in pylon with bright neon orange lighting bolts that indicated downed and sparking power lines the drone had already found while attempting to repair the pylon's hull.

"Hai." Asi turned to follow his directives, making his way along the path she described. Hmmm... These look like the levers I'm supposed to be turning. He reached out, and turned them both, getting them turned all 180 degrees in turn. That done, he made his way back towards where they had split up.

Hoshi looked for the source of the blood trickling along Hisa's face. Grimacing, he injected a local anesthetic via the Neko's neck. Then, he bandaged Hisa's head.

"She's not in any condition for combat." Hoshi said, moving a penlight over Hisa's eyes. "She's showing a lot of the signs of concussion. She should head to the infirmary for awhile."

Hisa shook her head, "Can not... leave engineering. We are negative pressure and the bl.... ast shut...ter won't open. Need to stay... to monitor systems.... can not let hyperdrive field collapse. Pylon damaged... if we drop out uncontrolled... stresses could tear it off. People... at risk. Please get me to... my seat. I will stay until safe."

------------------------

On the bridge Katae was monitoring the status of her ship and the teams. Her display showed the count down for the squadron to drop out of their first fold on the way home. Eternity was highlighting for her the field strength level, which were steadily dropping and if left unchecked would collapse before they reached their destination.

"Because only having the wing falling off to contend with would be too easy, of course," Haruhi dryly confided with the walls. "In we go, Hei," she called to Tsubei as she entered the pylon section were she was confronted by the drone pair.

The Juni studied the volumetrics for a few moments before she waved her hand at the display. "That's nice; now you two go play with those power lines, get them safed and re-routed or spliced or whatever the situation allows. Meanwhile, we Neko will be going to take a look at unplugging this positron cannon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back