• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.2] Return and recover.

Showers

Just after Memi started washing the ship's alarms started blearing, then the ship jumped. Trying to keep his feet Memi slipped and slammed his head against the shower stall, then the floor. As his head bounced off the floor blood started running from the forehead and down the drain. Laying the face down Memi lost contiousness and drifted to a grey fog.

Flitter Bay

Tasi's voice came out somewhat distorted by the damaged speakers. "The Bajao'ka Tinsae wants you to proceed to the Damira Ruo'sa. The Udano Norjopa is needing repairs. We have fluctuations across the ship."

Dorgos and Meopa set about the task of trying to restore the bay to some sense of order. Then they could worry about checking the craft

Wapoin Ruosa

Sogi looked at La'tâ and shrugged, "My pialoa said I was an oddity. I caught a fever when I was five. It affected my nerves. I do not feel pain like most people. Which is not a good thing, I've cut myself plenty of times and not realized it until I see the bleeding. Nothing the wapoin'ai can do to fix it. It is not like they can 'replace all the nerves in my body. Besides it comes in handy when I get into a scrap. Siamaka has a plan, I just have to wait for it." She smiled at La'tâ, "Qantsu."

Kaurika Goa

Toidorno looked at Murr, "Search and rescue does not truly constitute light duty. But I won't tell Sar Yaobas about it. As for your weapon; you are going to have to wait until after the crisis. Its locked up in the Tâvygoa Rousa. Which can't be opened until after the crisis. Take a few minutes and get something to drink; and catch your breath. Then track down Miooki Gisil, tell him that the Tin-To'a needs some Neuron Storage and processor modules."

Fofinor Abuka

Leagar came into the shower finding Memi unconscious on the floor. She noted the copious amounts of blood tinged water on the common floor. 'This one just can't seem to stay out of trouble. At least the would doesn't seem to be life threatening.' she thought. She hit the manual controls to turn off all the showers for now. Then grabbed a couple of towels and used them to wrap up Memi's lower anatomy and tore one to use as a bandage. She then hoisted him up and set off to take him to Medical.

Flitter Bay

Miali was glad to see her compatriots were all relatively unscathed, and as soon as all four of the Qaktoros were on their feet and accounted for, she took the chance to grab some of the extra supplies Meopa didn't and help administer first aid to those who needed it. Though she was at times a showboat, the Tuoro always had a big sister streak in her, too, living in a family that was filled with the ups and downs one would expect of a band of performers and musicians and even several adopted members like herself. They all learned the importance of looking after each other enough so that the show always kept going on, though.

"No problem, I got your six," she replied to Alpin and Yanga as they were now a little better off after some ointment and a small bandage here and there. Dorgos himself got a once over from Miali, before she gave him a light pat on the shoulder considering she was still suited up. "Looking good, big guy. I'll help you both clean house down here for a bit to make sure it is safe in case we get hit again, and check the shuttles and fighters for any serious damage that needs patching up."

With that, Sar Syavis used most of the remaining power reserves in her Dahome to speed up Dorgos and Meopa's workload considerably, keeping an eye out in particular for that crate of explosive charges that they brought back aboard with them. Soon, she began dialing down the operating mode towards the end to conserve what was left in the armor as the Âdornorpa'a then went through the usual full exterior inspection and systems checks of the clan crafts that were docked in the bay.

Last edited:
Kaurika Goa

Murr nodded with a quick bow of respect and took off. Entering the Mess/lounge of the ship. Seeing it vacant except for the stewards in charge of the Lounge, busy cleaning up. They paused in their work to look at her with puzzlement.

She quickly Paw-speaked to them :: Orders to get a drink and relax for a bit. :: She moved over to the drink dispencer, but was waved off as one of the Stewards went into the kitchen and shortly returned with a big glass of water and handing it to her. "A lot of equipment is off line and need to be checked by the Techs. Sar-Whisk."

Murr took the glass of water and nodded. She took a seat at a table that had been cleaned up and be out of the way of the stewards which were crew working off their punishment duty. Even she had duty here at times and hated those that just sat anywhere and got in the way.

She sat there and drank the water, grateful for the break...

Explosives! Murr sat up quickly, water forgotten, jumping up an fleeing the Mess Lounge and nearly running to the Flitter bay. Totally forgetting about her assignment regarding Miooki Gisil, Tin-To'a, the Neuron Storage and processors.

Last edited:
Wapoin Ruosa

La'tâ gave the baqli another soft petting on the head. "Siamaka will surly have a plan for such a brave baqli. But there is no shame in expressing yourself either okay, Siamaka does not look down on those that express their pain." She stopped petting her for now and helped her up. "Have you and Tota started your Kâbo'kai Ojme yet?"

Wapoin Ruosa

Sogi shook her head. "No, Tota and I are not old enough for Kâbo'kai Ojme. With what has happened, I am not sure what will happen. We had planned on joining the crew of our ship. But she's gone now. For now we will have to wait to see where we end up. Once that matter is resolved, we can consider our options for the Kâbo'kai Ojme."

Âdortin'sa Rouka

Dorgos and Meopa had the explosives stored for now in one of the lockers. They were inspecting the two craft assigned to the Yome. The exterior surfaces were the most lengthy to check because of the amount of surface. Once they completed it, it would be time to power them up and run system diagnostics. "Sar Miali, Flitter 1 is ready for check. Since this is your domain, we'll let you run the diags on it." Meopa called out.

The Flitter from the Âmuso Ibâka had not fared as well. Being parked on the deck, it had been free during the explosion. It lay on its side with the top leaning against the starboard wall.

Adortin'sa Rouka

Murr came scampering into the Adortin'sa Rouka, coming to a stop at seeing the Amuso Ibaka Flitter on its side. She looked around for signs of an explosion. But there was no traces. She gave a sharp exhale of relief. Seeing those still mobile. She couldn't see Memi and knew where La'ta was. Climbing down to the deck, She scampered to the Amuso Ibaka flitter. Since she couldn't see inside it, looked around worried.

Running over to Dorgos, tapped him on the arm and started to wiggle her fingers and waving her arms around. She was trying to get Dorgos to understand her. Seeing that he didn't understand her, she made motions of writing on paper.

Dorgos was surprised to see Murr come running in. The last thing he knew she was taken to medical. As he was not having any luck understanding her gestures, he activated his wrist computer and held his arm so that Murr could type what she was trying to say.

Wapoin Ruosa

"I see, Tota mentioned wanting to work as Tin-To'a on board a civilian ship? What about you Sogi?" She got a bottle of water and gave it to Sogi so she could drink something, then she guided her over so they could both check on Tota, the automatic restraints were likely deactivated, but if not La'tâ deactivated them.

Murr typed rapid fire on Dorgas' wrist computer :: memi?! he okay? where explosive container? :: Looking up at Dorgas with worry and concern. Then looking at the others that she could see.

Damira Ruo'sa

Tasi's voice came out somewhat distorted by the damaged speakers. "The Bajao'ka Tinsae wants you to proceed to the Damira Ruo'sa. The Udano Norjopa is needing repairs. We have fluctuations across the ship."

Alpin and Yanga both went off to the Damira Ruo'sa on the silent agreement that Alpin's strength may come in handy should the place be an absolute mess. when they showed up Yanga found Bajao'ka Tinsae "Bajao'a Yanga reporting as requested. What do you need me to do?" He glanced over his shoulder at Alpin. "My apaloa has come as well if he can be of any help."

Dorgos looked at what Murr had typed. "Memi was not present when everything hit the fan." he replied. "Tasi, do we have a location on Sar Memi?"

"Memi is currently being taken to the Wapoin Ruosa by Sar Legar. He was injured during the event." came Tasi's response with a bit of distortion.

Dorgos looked back at Murr, "the demolitions have been temporarily stored in the locker over there. We will transfer them to the Armory when the all clear is signaled."

Damira Ruosa

Toidorno looked at Yanga, "I am needed elsewhere. Run a full set of diagnostics and replace any modules they identify as defective."

Murr exhaled softly as relief settled over her. Giving Dorgos a smile, she scampered off on her next assignment. Lounge to relax. But there was an itch she was missing something. But what was it? She ranked her memory as she made her way to the lounge, helping out when requested by holding items, or getting a tool for those busy with repairs.

Seeing some Neuron Storage and Processors laying in their protective wrappings. Tin-To'a! Shot through her mind. She grabbed several from the tool and parts cart and took off like a rocket. She wasn't shy in approaching the Tin-To'a, once she had found her/him.

Murr held out the Protected wrapped Neuron Storage And Processors out to the Tin-To'a, after getting her/him attention. She paw-spoke :: Sar Miooki Gusil looking for these ::

Âdortin'sa Rouka

"Qopo," Miali cursed somewhat exasperatedly, as she saw the sad state the recovered Flitter was in, thrown up against the starboard wall like a discarded baqli's toy. Thankfully most of the salvaged cargo from the now-exploded Amuso Ibaka had been unloaded so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it also couldn't be left like this for safety reasons. The grey furred Tuoro used her Dahome's magnetic claw grips to climb smoothly up against the side of the Âdortin'sa's hull to reach the door to the cockpit. Once there she swung inside and into the nearest Buvoli Vyma'te with a thump, as it was angled harshly vertical.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you land back on your paws like the rest of your sisters," purred the Adornopaa to the flying machine with a pat, as she hurried to bring the Flitter online using Secondary Power from the fusion reactors only diverted to the Ion Thrusters and Heim Force generators. This was both the fastest and safest way, since going to primary Plasma Drives could possibly ignite the loose cargo that was nearby in the bay. Miali gave the controls a good spin and a yank, as the gravity wave generated repelled the Flitter away from the ship's starboard wall with a shiver. She then fired up the maneuvering thrusters to prevent an uncontrolled 360 degree flip as a result, instead bringing the nose down a bit too fast as it connected with the deck physically for the barest of moments with a dull sound. The craft then bobbed back up and leveled off with more grace this time, as she then slowly backed it back into the docking area it was formerly occupying carefully.

Miali wiped a little bit of sweat away as she completed the operation, double checking the diagnostic readouts for any resultant damages to report to the technicians and the Tin-ta'a. She couldn't help but chuckle to herself for a second, "Almost makes me feel like the time I crashed the family ground cycle into the side of pialoaka's farm dome. At least this time, it wasn't my fault for pulling wheelies in the dust..."

Damira Ruosa

Yanga nodded "Yes Sar!" He turned to starting the diagnostic and while that was running he directed Alpin in fetching some basic tools from him from where they were stored. While his brother wasn't exactly trained for this sort of thing their work together allowed for Alpin to know what Yanga was asking for and he was more than happy to bring the items to Yanga to help speed up the repair time. Unless Alpin's help was requested elsewhere the pair would work as a team, wanting to get the Yome up and running as well as possible in as short a time as possible. Neither of them wanted to get stuck dead in space considering the amount of damage done to the other vessel they'd found and the damage it had done to the Yome when it had exploded.

Wapoi Ruosa

Leagar carried Memi into the medical area and placed him on one of the tables. She made sure that the towels she used to protect his modesty were still in place. "Sar Yaobas, I found Memi unconscious in the Fofinor Abuka." she said grabbing a sheet and draping it over the unconscious chronicler.

Damira Ruosa

The diagnostics showed which of the heim generators on the Yome that were offline. It also showed that there was damage to one of the primary control consoles in the room. Repairing the console would be a simple task, just a matter of swapping modules. However, the six generators that are offline would mean going into the Lekaokâur to replace the damaged control modules.

Âdortin'sa Rouka

Meopa had watched Miali adjust the flitter. "That was impressive maneuvering in such tight quarters. Looks like we have things as in hand as possible here. Guess you can go get out of your armor."

Âdortin'sa Rouka

Miali stepped out of the salvaged Flitter and locked the door behind her, satisfied that it was now righted and parked properly in the bay and thankful that the damages appeared minimal from the whole ordeal. It was then that she heard the praise from Meopa, and lapped it up with only a thin veil of modesty. "Oh, you really think so? I need to put on a much better performance for you next time. Get those thrusters really humming." His mention of de-armoring did however sound good, as that was her original plan before the boat got rocked something fierce. The fellow pilot gave Meopa a smile, as well as his hard-working twin. "Let me slip into something more comfortable, first. Catch you two later..."

Armor Storage

The fleet-footed Tuoro didn't waste any time making it back to the Armor Storage area of the ship where the whole journey had started, just incase something else was going to explode before long and delay her again. Thankfully, it didn't, and she was able to jump up onto the nearest unoccupied Anoka'ano Fiqorka Wuny pedestal and placed her helmet in the mechanical arms that were waiting for it. This started up the whole automatic process of removing the pieces of the Anoka'ano Dahome armor one by one... first her arms were free, and then her legs, and finally the backpack and the torso itself. Once the rotation was complete, the arms retracted and Miali was deposited on the floor with a large stretch and a visible yawn as suddenly a lot of newfound muscle was snatched away from her.

There was still the matter of the tight, sweaty under suit she wanted to wriggle out of at the first chance she got, though. She made sure to remind the technical staff standing by to download all the combat data from the experiences on the Âmuso Ibâka, and hoped noone got mad at the damage that was apparent to the thruster backpack from the firefight. She soon dashed off to the showers to get washed up and back into her own fur again...

Murr looked around her as she headed off back through the ship after delivering the neuro processors and nodules. It seamed things were getting back routine after the sudden shake up of the Yome Ismaopate.

Murr purred softly at the successes and how fast everyone had responded. Doing a quick check of the Duty Roster. She even purred louder as she wasn't due to duty till the next shift. But working on a ship, a person was still be able to be called duty in a moments notice for relief duty.

She moved with confidence and graceful movements. Her tail swished back and forth behind her. A long with a slight bounce to her steps. Even with the injuries that were light and hopefully non-life threatening for those that needed assistance to Wapoin Ruosa. It would be a light crew and long hours.

She had a mystery roommate to welcome and a some tail chewing for leaving their gear unsecured, even though it was still packed in duffels.

:: Dear Roommate. On the console is a complete course in Paw-speak. As you'll need to know in order to understand me. I am Murr Whisk. Welcome to the Yome Ismaopate. If you need a tour of the ship, I'd be more than happy to give it to you. Please secure your gear in the locker before taking off. I don't like tripping over it as much as you wouldn't like to trip over my stuff. Ship and Roommate. Murr Whisk ::

She placed the note on the empty bunk where it could be seen easily. It was obvious that the bottom bunk was her's.

Wapoin Ruosa

La'tâ was checking on Tota when Leagar arrived with an unconscious Memi. Since it seemed Tota was alright she turned her attention to Leagar "What happened? Did he hit his head during the shock just now?"

Wapoin Ruosa

"It appeared that way. He has a laceration on his scalp." Leagar replied. "The scene looked worse when I walked in because of the blood flowing into the water. Given the distance he was from the running shower, he got launched by the shockwave."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back