• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 2.2] - Shore Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruhi was just about to reply to Eternity when the ship's AI switched up her plans. "Right, I'll take our newbie and Tsubei, since it sounds like they're both ready to roll." The Juni threw quick telepathic messages at the two enlisted.

To: Tsubei. We're going on an adventure. Get to the hatch on the double, ensure you're armed.
To: Oshiro. Get to the hatch on the double, we're going to meet and greet the XO.

"Aw, man." She grumbled out loud, quickly replying with a message of acknowledgement. The holographic clothes disappeared and returned to her uniform. "And here I was, hoping for a day off. Well, it's not like I've done much to deserve one."

Making sure she had her pistol in its holster, she ran to the exit at full speed. Upon arrival, she gave a halfhearted salute before catching her breath.

“Uh huh,” said Eun-Kyung, her eyes rapidly flitting around as she took in the increasingly disturbing signs around her. Her hand edged toward her holstered NSP, but she stopped it well short. You’re a bridge officer, Eun-Kyung! she thought to herself. You’re not going to fight your way out of… well, whatever this is. Think, dammit! Instead of going for her gun, she slowly moved her other hand and slipped her communicator silently out of its holster.

“So,” she said brightly, trying the mask the noise of her flipping the device open. “Are you a Kyoto native?” She made to crane her head around looking out of the windows, as much like a tourist as she could make herself seem, even as she began tapping in the emergency code into the communicator. Never before had she needed to use the numbers, but she remembered them well from training: properly authorized, the communicator would squeal an emergency transponder signal, flagging her location to her ship and all local forces. Best case scenario, this would all be laughed off as a misunderstanding and poor uniform standards, but worst case, she wanted to let someone know where she was.

Having input the code correctly – she hoped – she whipped back around toward the “operative,” smiling. “I was only here for officer training. I’ve never really had a chance to look around. Is there anything worth seeing in particular?”

The Operative entered the vehicle, and closed the door. "Actually, there is a lot of things to see. I'm not a native to Yamatai, I am from Tatiana, transferred here after it was occupied. Since the war most people do not seem to be in the mood for sightseeing. All this talk of Zombies and saboteurs I guess. If you do not mind, I need to see the datapad you were given, before we can get underway."

Eun-Kyung’s face faltered for a moment, taking the request as final proof that something was up – and that was ignoring the chill that rippled down her spine when Zombies were mentioned. She quickly regained her composure and smiled back at the man. “I’m sorry, but I’m under strict orders to deliver this pad into Shinja-Chujo’s hands and hers alone. I’m afraid that unless you have orders from higher authority countermanding those directions, I’ll have to hold onto this myself until we get to the Director’s office.”

The statement wasn’t quite a lie; she had been told to hand-carry the device, but her orders had been far from the paranoid directive she had just invented. She smiled again, trying to infuse a little youthful naïveté into the expression this time. Desperately wanting to get attention focused away from the datapad and her mission, she turned back toward the windows. “So what was the first thing you went to see when you arrived here?”

"It was my understanding that we bowed in the Yamatai Star Army?" Arkase said to the breathless neko.

"Ah, well..." Arkase bowed to the Juni. "I am Oshiro Arkase-Heisho. Nice to meet you both. But pleasantries aside, we should get going. Unless there are others we need to wait for?"

"Haruhi," the Juni said in introduction, poking her chest with a thumb. "And like he said," Haruhi stated, referring to the salute, "but we've got bigger issues; our venerable XO went for a walk and managed to get lost already, we're off to find her and hold her hand so she can meet some Taisa."

Haruhi wasted no time, as soon as the two had arrived she hustled off the ship and followed in Kim's earlier footsteps. "I've messaged ahead to streamline our clearance through the checkpoints, so keep up as we won't be slowing down," she said as she lead them to the point where the Shoi had last been spotted.

The operatives had moved faster than would be normal for a Yamataian, and Eun-Kyung found herself staring down the barrel of a NovaCorp Xaser Pistol.

"I am afraid that I must insist. You see, my orders are to acquire the datapad. What happens to you is secondary." He held out his hand. "So hand it over and there will be no need for things to turn unpleasant."

The vehicle began to move forward as the driver prepared to merge into traffic.

----------------------------------------------

"Haruhu-Juni, Kim-Shoi's original beacon has been replaced with a distress code from her communicator. Relaying to your communicator so that you may use it to follow her." Eternity sent.

Eun-Kyung very rationally considered her situation as she stared at the pistol. First, the man could easily kill her without worrying about damage to the datapad, as the Xaser's x-rays more or less only affected organic targets. Second, she had no idea how close help was or if anyone had even taken notice of her emergency signal. And third, if these people were even the least bit intelligent, they would kill her anyway, once she gave them the datapad. In the brief second it took to work through those facts her eyes grew wider and seemingly more panicky until, steeling herself, she tensed up... and let out a piercing shriek.

Moving as non-threateningly as was possible for a sudden movement in the presence of an armed man, she clasped the datapad, still sitting on her lap, even tighter to her thighs and curled up, presenting her back to the man. She moved her right arm toward her gun and shifted the datapad a little further to the side of her thigh, directly below her holster. Taking a gulping, deep breath, she seized the grip on her NSP, still secured in the holster, and switched it from safe to heavy mode. This is going to hurt, she thought resignedly. Her toes curled up inside her boots in anticipation, she squeezed the trigger.

Arkase would follow Haruhi through the checkpoints and to the spot where the crewman had been taken.

"Where from here, Ma'am?" He asked.

Then, he turned to Tsubei.

"Are you armed? Ah -- good. Expect trouble, switch it on." He lead by example, drawing his pistol to flip it to its normal lethal state. "Whomever kidnapped a Star Army Officer isn't going to play around."

Then he frowned. "Unless it's just an equipment malfunction. In which case we really might have to hold the Shoi's hand."

As Eun-Kyung made her desperate attempt to foil her would be kidnappers, the driver hit the accelerator to take the Classico into the flow of traffic. He was intent on getting the car into the flow of traffic and away from its current location.

As Eun-Kyung squeezed the trigger, the NSP fired the specified charge with the burst detonating immediately. The experience for her was as excruciating as it was mercifully brief. While she was anticipating pain, there was no way for her to fully appreciate the sensations that would wrack her body as flesh and nerves where fried in the detonation of the NSP weapon fire. Being at the center of the burst meant that her body took the brunt of the effect. As the sensation of being burned alive overwhelmed her body, she lost consciousness.

The other occupants of the Classico were not spared either. The interior of the car was awash in destructive scalar energy. The assailant with the Xaser let out a scream as he was caught in the blast. His cybernetic implants shorting out and causing his hand to crush the Xaser pistol.

The driver as a convulsive spasm wracked his body floored the vehicle causing it to leap past its desired trajectory, and careen off a parked vehicle. This tossed the unconscious driver and the occupants of the rear of the vehicle to the other side of the vehicle. Inertia then carried the Classico away from that vehicle and back into traffic. The Classico despite its robust design, was struck numerous times by various vehicles. It was spun around and came to rest wedge between a parked truck, and a bus.

The scene of vehicular carnage and destruction is what the Aeon crew members came upon when they rushed out of the facility, and onto the curb.

Arkase began running toward the wreck, sprinting off without hesitation. That was either the XO, or it was a civilian. Civilians often didn't wreck things. Not on Yamatai.

As she began to follow Arkase, she stopped and turned back to Haruhi, asking, "Should I get a med-kit?" The wreck certainly looked awful, but running in without being prepared wouldn't be at all reasonable.

Asi, showered and changed into a new uniform, stepped out of his room, thinking. "Eternity, is there anything that needs me? I'm planning on heading out for a quick meal, but I can wait." He tried to think of anything, but came up with a blank.

Finally alone Kame studied her surroundings as the device finished repairing her leg and set it into a 50 hour cast. After the device finally released her minutes later, Kame quickly hobbled over to the medical supplies and got some crutches and with a bit of effort a set of medical scrubs to hid her nudity. She then when over to the remains of her jumpsuit gathered up watch items she could salvage and deposed of the the rest. She then picked up her type 29 communicator and quickly skimmed over the information as she headed out of the medical bay.
48 hours of leave huh? Well I should first check out my new quarters, and then figure out something to do. I wonder if my roomate is there?
"Hello? Anyone here? Har... Har-uni...Har-uni-juhi... Harun-juni? Its your new roomate Kame, said the engineer in a slightly nervous voice as she enter the two-person room. On one side, it was slightly disorganized as if someone had started to unpack and re-arrange the room but had been interrupted by some emergency. Thinking out loud, Kame quietly mumbled, "Odd, she doesn't seem to be here, Well time for to check messages"

Seeing Usaga-hei message Kame quickly sent a reply back.

Kame said:
Acknowledge, Usaga-hei. I don't really trust the repair crew, especially after the last "repair" they did. I don't care how much of a rush job it was, if my father was still alive, he would have strangled and had a come-to-Hanako meeting with who ever did that botched repair of the Aeon. So we are definitely inspecting every inch of ship before we launch. (OCC: well as least a line or two)

Also I have currently have 4750 KS, so I am going to look around and see if their are any new repair or clean up tools I could buy as a gift for the captain and crew. I know normally people get fruit baskets in welcome situations but my family does repair tools. Plus, I heard about this 'Magic' Broom cleaner that was developed.

Sincerly,

Kame

Kame then when off and took a shower with a plastic cover over her 50-hour cast.

Hmm... what to do.... Well, I do need to reorder a new Type 30 Jumpsuit. I could also browse the shops for upgrades for the ship or maybe find something interesting in local junk/pawn shop at the edge of town--though that place is a little sketchy. If I didn't know the owner it would be the prefect place for yakuza-like organization to do covert operations or keep hostages.
Ano... that will only take 5 hours though... oh since I have time I could search town for an competent linguist finally get those 478 tablets and photos translated that my late parents sent me. Then I could come back and I guess unpack hopefully in time to meet Haruni-hei

Although you know if I am going to go shopping in this condition, I am probably going to need some muscle and possibility protection if I am going to go to sketchy areas. Plus, their a couple of those tablets are orginal made from solid Yam-Duri SSCC wall scraps, stuck in my local storage that I didn't bring on the starship, so I am at least going to need to find someone strong for lifting them that I can trust my life with. I wonder what else the rest of the crew is doing or if they are going the same way as me?

Speaking of co-workers that one soldier, Asi-hei had such kawii eyes.... for hentai. Although, in hindsight, maybe I was being too hard on him, he did after all offer to get me clothes. I wonder what he is up to? *blush* Well anyways, time to head back and get some casual clothes on.

Finishing her shower, Kame dried herself off and put back on the scrubs. After wrapping a towel around her damp hair, the engineer proceeded out of the bathroom and into the nearby hall. "Well I wonder who I should contact to get a lingui---oofffff," Kame ended her monologue with a shriek as she collided, crutches and all, into a new stranger whom she never meet before. The collision was loud enough that it could probably be heard in the nearby rooms, particular if the occupants where bored and quiet.

"Asi several of the crew members are responding to an incident outside the KFY facility. Our XO was in the area. There are numerous vehicles involved in the incident. You might want to grab a medical kit and respond and help assist until Emergency Services arrive." Eternity Replied.

-------------------------------------

Josea had completed changing into a clean SSS uniform, grabbed the small fabric bag that he had packed what he would need for a few days back at the SSS Campus. After securing his locker, he left the room and started making his way down the hallway. His progress came to a halt when he was run into Kame, her movement on the crutches ungainly and as she fell, he let go of his bag and grabbed her keeping her from falling.

"Careful there, are you okay?" He asked as he helped stabilize Kame.

-------------------------------------

As Arkase approached the remains of the Classico, the smell of burnt flesh, plastic was strong, smoke wafted out from under the hood of the vehicle. The driver in the front of the vehicle moaned and moved feebly. The Classico was still upright, but every side of the vehicle was dented and crumpled. It was highly unlikely that any of the doors would open without tools.

"Damn." Arkase said, approaching the vehicle.

"We're from the Star Army. Stay put until you're ordered out. Who's hurt?" He approached the drive's door with his pistol pointing in through the window. "No sudden moves in there."

From the driver's door he moved around to face into the car through the front windshield to get a better view of the inside of the car.

Looking into the vehicle, Arkase would see that all three occupants were wearing Star Army Uniforms. Eun-Kyung could be recognized despite her burns and other injuries, and with her was a Nepleslian with cybernetic implants that were badly damaged.

"Roger that. Pass a message ahead that I'm coming." Asine trotted back down to the medbay, gathering a field kit and heading back out. Just got done working, and straight back into it we go. Oh well. He checked his holster, making sure his pistol was at hand. Just in case, of course.

As if a distress beacon wasn't enough, a fiery car wreck clearly marked the XO's position as Haruhi and her group hit the street the co-ordinates had lead them to; things had obviously escalated quite quickly on the scene.

"Forget going back, call for emergency services," Haruhi directed Tsubei, her NSP quickly drawn and aimed at the wrecked vehicle. "Oshiro, quit yabbering and smash a window and extract the female in the back, it's our XO; I'll cover you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back