• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 2.2] - Shore Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsubei gave a quick nod and a "Hai, Juni!" before whipping out her communicator and attempting to contact emergency services. Once that was done, she drew her pistol and approached the wreck carefully, her gun at the ready.

"Well compared to my other injures, I am ok. Kame said briefly hesitantly as she layed in Josea's arms. "Ummm.... w-what was I saying before I bumped you...? Have we ... m-meet before!? --wait...there"
Kame quickly scuttled off to got changed into a dark green top with casual blue jeans and a belt. Her personal wielder and pistol where attached to her side. Finally she took out of her duffel back a small backpack and packed it with important ids, her 29 communicator, and other things she couldn't carry including a small piece of the tablets she normally kept on her desk.

Waddling her self then back to where the stranger was standing, Kame continued her reply in a more composed professional appearance, "I am Aeon Ittô Engineer Kame O'Kutsuu. What is your name?"

"Well O'Kutsuu-San, I am Josea Gustav, Science Adviser from the Scientific Studies Service. I do not believe we have had to opportunity to meet in person prior to this. In addition to my Liaison responsibilities, I am a Linguistic. Specializing in archaic languages." Josea said with a smile, "So where were going in such a hurry prior to our collision?" he inquired.

Working his way back around to the window closest to the XO, Arkase busted the window and reached in to grab the XO and drag her out as quickly as possible into his arms.

Extracting Eun-Kyung from the wreckage was awkward because of the extensive injuries she had sustained. At least Arkase could tell she was still alive because of the sounds she made as he dragged her out of the vehicle.

Taisa,
XO located and recovered with serious injuries, scene secured and awaiting arrival of emergency medical services; datapad not accounted for at present.
-Haruhi.

Haruhi quickly shot off a message to the captain with a brief update on the situation now that she had confirmed its turn for the worse, as she moved to a position closer to the wounded officer that allowed her to better cover both the car and the street.

"Oshiro, do what you can for the Shoi until help arrives; Tsubei, the XO was carrying a datapad, see if you can't find it in the wreck. If the two in there even think about moving while you're at it, put a few rounds in them."

It was at this point Asine came trotting up, medkit in hand. "Hey, Eternity said you guys needed..." His words trailed off as he saw Eun-Kyung. "Okay then. I think I'll just get to work, if that's okay." He moved over to her, quickly opening the pack and unpacking the stuff he needed.

Tsubei gave a nod and immdiately investigated the area around the wreck for the datapad, and failing that, attempting to investigate the innards of the car from a moderately safe distance.

"Haruhi-Juni, Emergency Services is enroute. Coming from the Military side. A T8 Medivac shuttle should be at your location in 5 minutes. Continue to search for the datapad, ensure its recovered. Take whoever is responsible into custody until Military Police arrive. I am going to take care of the meeting Kim-Shoi was to attend. Once the situation is in the hands of the MP's and the XO is on her way to medical. Proceed with my earlier request." Katae sent.

She walked over to her desk and picked up her NSP and checked the charge and weapon status. Damn it, Shinja-Chujo did not say anything about Eun-Kyung being in danger delivering that datapad. What the hell is going on? I certainly intend to find out. she thought as she exited her cabin, and headed for the nearest transport port to take her to SATA HQ.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tsubei's attempt to spot the datapad without getting close proved to be futile. She could see the seat but if the datapad was under the occupant or on the floor she could not see it from her vantage point. But her Neko ears was picking up a rhythmic beeping sound coming from the person in the rear seat.

------------------------------------------------------------

Asi's initial check of Eun-Kyung would show siginificant burns over most of the right side of her body. Portions of her uniform were fused to her flesh, mingled into second and third degree burns.

"A Linguist? Really!?," Kame said with big shiny eyes that grew 4 times in size then shrunk back. She continued bashfully, "... ano.... *cough* I... have this tablet... that I wanted...an expert... err... someone.. maybe you.... t-t-to translate?" Kame quickly shifted her posture, got out the tablet, and handed it to the scientist

The tablet was written in an very very obscure ... very old dialect of a familiar aquatic race. It appeared to be partially broken, but clearly it some kind of fish shaped device strange engine like vents. The body of the fish had lines and writing pointing toward the scales, vents, and fins. One of the most prominent lines veered of to a corner where what looked almost like a recipe for German chocolate cake or some kind of strange biochemical formula.

As Kame waited for the SSS member to respond she demurely mumbled, "I... I have others..in-in storage... if you want to-to look at them....?"

"Time to get down and dirty. . ." Kyoka grumpily muttered attempting to get her upper body in through the rear window. Her gun was sheathed in its holster.

She told the person in the backseat, "No funny moves, buddy."

As Kyoka worked to get her upper body through the window she spotted two things. The first was the charred damaged datapad lying on the floor of the Classico. The other was a series of blinking lights on the forearm of the unconscious person in the back seat. The lights were blinking in time with the beeping, and appeared to be some sort of countdown.

"This... isn't good. How long until the med-evac?" Asi spoke while he was working, quickly finding a soft cloth and wetting it slightly, dabbing at the worst of the wounds lightly. Thinking for a moment, he took the case he'd brought the stuff in and lightly propped her legs up on it, to counter the shock. "I'm doing my best, but she needs full medical facilities soon."

Trowa sat back in his chair as the Nepleslian doctor went over one more time all the cybernetic upgrades that the pilot wanted. A new computer interface which would allow the starship operator to interact faster and more effectively with not only the ships he piloted, but also his power armor. The young rogue also wanted a targeting system, infrared sensors, a recorder, magnification, laser shooter, and the works. But for all that the Nepleslian would have to have a complete overhaul of his cyber-implants which he had neither the time nor desire for. “Just the computer interface implants will be fine for now doc.”

Trowa sat with his feet up on a table at a small café next to the hospital. In 5 hours he would go in for his new implants but for now the Itto Hei was content to just sit there and enjoy the view. Since he was no longer on the ship, Trowa pulled his pipe from his pocket and pack it with some Nepleslian tobacco. He lit it and puffed thoughtfully at it before blowing out a smoke ring. Ah, now that hits the spot. He thought as he continued to puff at it. Only thing I need now is a drink and a beautiful companion of the opposite sex.

From several directions the sound of Emergency Services vehicle sirens could be heard getting closer. Several T8 Medivac Kuma shuttles came into view as they rounded the building and landed where they could find enough clear space. Down the road EMS trucks could be seen converging.

As soon as the shuttles touched down the rear doors opened and Paramedics came out to start triage. Their neon green panels clearly identifying them. One of them came over to Asi. "Hano-Itto Hei, Paramedic, do you know the patient he asked as he knelt down to start checking Eun-Kyung.

Haruhi was a bit relieved when the paramedics finally arrived, but it was still only half of what she needed. "Oshiro, give Tsubei a hand finding the datapad and securing our two crispy friends for the MPs." The Juni kept one eye on the car and one of the new arrivals, she hoped they weren't about to try anything funny in place of the failed duo.

"Im'inao, you stick to the XO wherever she goes; if those green panels give you any grief then through them out a damned window or something, I don't want anyone taking a second crack at her over whatever it is that caused this mess."

"Hai, Juni." Suddenly glad he'd brought his NSP with him, Asi looked over at the paramedic. "Yeah. It's my Shoi, Kim Eun-Kyung. All I've done was lift the feet to help with shock and start dabbing her to slow the effects of the burns." He paused. "I'd estimate it's probably been 10 or 11 minutes since it happened, I wasn't here when it happened, or when they extracted her."

The paramedic after checking Eun-Kyung's vitals, opened his trauma kit and pulled quickly inserted an IV and attached it to a saline bag and a glucose bag. He then injected her with a does of scanning nanomachines from the PMS-1 on he hip. He then took out his communicate and activated it, "Central, Hano-Itto Hei, I have a patient, Kim-Shoi, Yamataian with severe burn injuries. She has second and third degree burns over 50% of her body, and is non-responsive. Have started an IV of Saline and Glucose. Going to prepare patient for immediate transport." He handed the IV bags to Asi.

"Hold these, I'll be right back, I'm going to get a gurney to transport her." He said, and quickly went back to the shuttle that he arrived in. A moment later he exited the shuttle pulling a Grav Gurney behind him. Once he was along side of Eun-Kyung, he lowered the gurney.

He took the IV bags from Asi. "Give me a hand getting her on the gurney." The paramedic said as he positioned Eun-Kyungs arms so that she could be lifted.

Tsubei Kyoka reached in and grabbed the datapad, nicking herself on a few shards of glass in the process. She silently cursed her luck as she pulled herself out, and ran out to hand Haruhi the charred device.

"Haruhi-Juni, we have a problem. I think there's a bomb on one of the men in the car." She reported, trying to keep calm.

"Yes, a linguist. Ise-Taisa brought me on because she wanted someone who could have a chance to decipher any writings they might find. It seems that the Aeon encountered some in the past and no one could make sense of them. Although of late, there has not been much work for me as a linguist, but I have been making myself useful." Josea replied.

He took another look at the tablet, "You say you have more of these, because this looks incomplete. We should probably get the others you have and take them to the Campus. Between my knowledge and the Library we should be able to translate these for you in no time."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the waitresses for the cafe wearing a white ruffle blouse, and short black skirt approached Trowa with a tray. The blue eyed, brown haired buxom waitress put a glass down on the table that was filled with an amber colored liquid. "Compliments of Kimuora Sasha, over there at the last table." She said pointing to the table with a black haired woman in a white suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back