• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cargo Bay -> Transport Shuttle

Umeshu was relieved that Mitsuko took the unfortunate turn of events gracefully, all things considered. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Murakami-heisho. For what it is worth, this rather unorthodox plan sounds very Nepleslian in inspiration so it seems a fitting choice," commented the purple-haired Neko when she heard her recount the history of the chosen container.

As the salvaged armor racks and gratings were being welded on, she made her way to the waiting transport shuttle as well, giving a respectful nod of her head to fellow Operator Natsumi at the helm who had already warmed things up. She put an encouraging gloved hand of her AMES suit on Mitsuko's shoulder too as she worked, commenting "Good idea, using the machinegun for defense in such a position." It was best to focus on the positive contributions now, and not the sacrifices.

She soon boarded the shuttle's rear area and deposited the case of wines in safe location, making sure they were strapped down and would survive the short but likely very eventful trip intact. Umeshu was admittedly a little tempted to crack one open on the way to bolster herself with a little liquid courage, considering inwardly the officer was dreading having to negotiate with the Rixxikor just as much as her compatriots. But she couldn't show that to everyone or else they would lose their nerve as well, so the samurai trainee continued to maintain her brave face for the sake of the greater good and pleasing the Princess.

Noting that a certain someone was absent from the shuttle still, she found a seat that was comfortable and began querying Charisma for the locations of the science team members. Sigurd, as expected, was finishing up in his quarters and likely on the way soon. However, she noticed that his comrade from the Vesper was still outside seeming a bit lost amongst all the cargo Victory was handling. She picked up her communicator and began to make the necessary connections to ping the human with directions:

"Hashimoto-shoi to Santo Hei Dr. Thaddeus Hemlock -- Your comrade, Bjarnson-hei is awaiting your arrival before we launch for our diplomatic mission. He has advised me that you are very knowledgeable in forensics, and we would appreciate your assistance with examining the bodies of the Rixxikor who have attacked us in order to learn more about their alien biology. You will be working alongside our Elysian doctor Chasan-hei in this endeavor, as soon as she is done treating our wounded. Please proceed there as soon as possible as we are about to liftoff, and welcome aboard the Eucharis."

A couple of further location checks assured her that Jax-san was now out of harm's way along with the other technicians, and so when the Dr. was safely aboard she then radioed to the Captain. "Hashimoto-shoi to Bridge, all personnel are clear, you may liftoff at your discretion. The Telemachus V is undergoing final preps and will be launching shortly."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wes
Crew Quarters

When Sigurd arrived at the crew quarters' corridor his belongings were as expected still right where he left them. He grabbed them quickly and entered Cabin 4 to immediately drop them of in front of the beds. Then he worked through his mental list of equipment to take along on the mission. Utility belt with gun, comm and scanner. He made a quick functionality check on all three items to find that the display of his scanner wasn't working.
You got to be kidding me...

Sigurd rechecked. Power was on, the power cell was fully charged, the mode switch set to operate. But no image. He walked to the small desk of the room, removed the display to examine it under the desk light and found the power connection of the display broken. He looked around and found some tape with which to fix the connection, but it didn't fit together anymore. It was to short.
Damn, it was definitely working when I left Hanako's world. How did it break?
He needed something conductive to close the connection. He opted for the desk light, switched it off, dismantled it hastily and just pried out a part of the light's power connection to tape it into his scanner's power connection. Then he reassembled the scanner and checked it again. This time the display was working.
But for how long? I'll need a replacement when we return.
He stood up, put gun, comm and scanner back unto the belt. He furthermore grabbed his butt pack to use as backpack and his FAR, but failed to remember checking the latter for functionality, and left the cabin for the shuttle bay. He left a messy desk and a murdered desk light, but right now he just thought about how late he was for the mission.

Shuttle Bay

Sigurd entered the shuttle bay with some haste but not quite running and headed straight for the shuttle where everyone else seemed to be waiting already. He got into the shuttle and addressed Umeshu shortly: "I'm ready to depart. Excuse my delay please, ma'am."

Wardroom/Cargo container Cabin.

Tony had stood there listening and feeling left out, specially since her comment about checking with her government went on deaf ears. So when the meeting broke up she strolled out, back to collect her sniper rifle and sat there in her cabin stripping it down and cleaning it. She wanted it ready for the disaster that might be just around the corner.

"Why the hell are they going to feed the ones that attacked and slaughtered this base..." She grumbled to herself as she worked the slide back and forth in its tracks. Once she was happy with the action she remounted the scope and checked how it sat and its relive before setting the rifle aside and started donning her armor/vac suit. Tony had a though of maybe ordering some armor or something from her government for her use.

Once she got her helmet in place she sighed and opened a private channel with Natsume. "Why are we doing this again?" She ask as she slung the rifle onto her shoulder and grabbed the pouches that contained all of her magazines for the weapon.

Shuttle

Natsumi, sitting in the pilots seat of the shuttle, doing some final checks on the shuttle as Mitsuko set up the machine gun behind her to defend the shuttle cockpit, paused as Tony's voice range in her ears. "In an attempt to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict between us" she replied via wireless.

On the way to the shuttle.

"So you guys try to open peaceful dialog with all beings that attempt to eat you?" Stark snickered as she moved through the cargo bay down to the ground where the shuttle sat waiting for the buggers to come and chow down. "I'll have to remember that next time you try to kick me off the bridge." If sticking her tongue out made a sound it would have transmitted loud and clear.

"Well, we'll see if it works" Natsumi replied.

She was walking up the loading ramp to the shuttle, Tony saw the heavy machine gun set up with the logistics neko behind it. "Looks like you are packing some heat!" she commented before passing Mitsuko and entering the cockpit. She set her rifle behind the copilot seat before dropping in beside the white haired Deamon neko. "Well Drop me off about a click where you are goign to have this party... I want to find a good nest to cover the activities..."

Natsumi glanced at the Nepleslian, "We don't know what sort of forces are in that area. They might be all over, not leaving you a place to be safely set down" she replied.

"We got rope... I can fast rope down and you guys don't need to do much but slow down..." She took her helmet off and smiled, "unless you are worried about me... I got training for surviving behind enemy lines." She winked before bringing a map up of the operations area.

"I'm more worried about you being overrun by bugs and eaten then I am about you repelling down" Natsumi replied, turning her chair to face Tony. "You wont have any support out by yourself and we wont be able to come pick you up easily if something goes wrong"

With a shrug Tony brushed the idea away. "I'm totally the main character here.. there for I can't die..." She smirked thinking back to some of the Phoenix cartoons she had watched before. "But I have my side arm and my rifle. Also if I stay with the shuttle I can get the range that would make my talents effective."

Natsumi frowned. "Still don't think it's a good idea"

"I know..." She frowned and sat back into her seat... Tony know she wouldn't be able to convince Nat that it was a good plan. "So what are we going to do instead."

Shuttle

"Lime-hei and Mango-hei, please report to the Telemachus V for cookout duty," broadcasted Hashimoto-shoi to the two cooks who were on their way to the shuttle, the purple skinned Neko in the middle of scanning a checklist of everything needed on a datapad and overseeing the loading of the two customized cargo container grills and flamethrower units onto the rear area of the transport shuttle.

As the scientist arrived briskly, she gave Sigurd a nod and a quick smile, "Quite alright, there is still a few moments before we takeoff to prepare yourself and your equipment." Umeshu never seemed to give her responses or orders in an abusive way, he would notice, and was respectful and cordial to even the lowest ranking soldier as long as they respected her in turn. This soft power was hopefully enough to help make the nervous Santo Hei more comfortable speaking to higher ups in the future. "Let's make sure that this, your second encounter, goes much more smoothly than the first did."

Satisfied with everything appearing to be on schedule, Umeshu walked forward towards the cockpit and turned her attention to Natsumi up in front. "Yamashiro-shoi, I just wanted to remind you that Victory-heisho has unloaded the refrigerated container of the food we will be using for this operation on the ground. Once the Eucharis lifts off and we clear the shuttle bay, you'll need to retrieve it via its cargo chains first to bring it in tow before we can then proceed to the target Rixxikor farming settlement."

Hashimoto-shoi then glanced at the datapad again and tapped its surface so a small map appeared. "I've requested that a quick-response team of Rikugun infantry members be on standby nearby just in case things deteriorate and we need extra firepower to be extracted safely. However, we still will need someone on the team closeby to run security for the cookout itself, and suppress any aggressive bug men quickly and efficiently who attempt to disrupt the plan..." She then glanced over to the well-armed Nepleslian woman chatting to Natsumi who was seeming quite gung-ho at the moment. "Stark-san, it's good to see you aboard. Would you perhaps like to take on this role for us?"

Shuttle

" Yep, take off, pick up refridgeration container, fly off to BBQ" Natsumi said to Umeshu with a nod. At this point she was pre plotting in the coordinates for their destination.

Medical

Akane shook her head when she heard Taharial speak. "I feel funny. I was going to paint our latest victory, but..." She glanced at her hand, noticing her paintbrush was gone. "I had it just a minute ago."

Glancing behind Taharial, the Neko said, "I think I'll go over there and paint for a bit. I'm sure I've got another paintbrush somewhere."

Medical

Taharial hugged Aikiko back then when she went into the tube she shut it and let the tube do it's job at healing as she stopped Akane "Darling stop, I think your suffering from some short term memory loss and hallucination could be more dangerous if we don't sort it out, do you mind if I check you over and make sure that everything is okay, because you have had nothing in your hand and your acting weird, it is scaring me."

Taharial sat Akane down and started to run scans and checking her pupil dilation "Just checking to make sure it isn't some bad brain damage darling" she looked really worried as she checked over Akane.

T7 Shuttle Telemachus

Mango and Lime arrived covered head-to-toe gear like some sort of commandos in an action movie. But instead of a combat knife, they had a kitchen knife, and instead of rows of grenades on strapped on their gear harnesses, they had rows of spice shakers. Mango even had a quiver of spatulas on her back, while lime had a small flamethrower. They were also hauling enormous sacks of burger buns and pushing a rolling cart full of even more of them on dozens of trays.

"This is the strangest attack mission I have ever been in, I have been serving with Hanako since the Sakura days," Lime commented. "Let's get going."

Shuttle

Natsumi glanced at the two cooks as they boarded, smiling at their uniqe commando cook outfits." Okay, everyone strap in" she announced and hit the button that sealed the shuttles hatches. She called up the communications system and dialed the bridge.

"Shuttlecraft Telemachus to Eucharis, we are all set to go, requesting permission to depart"

T7 Shuttle Telemachus

Sigurd nodded acknowledging Umeshu's reference to his first encounter of the Rixxikor and murmured "So say we all" before he took a seat and rechecked his equipment. He was just intent on his gun when Lime and Mango charged the shuttle. Sigurd couldn't help but starring at them with his eyebrows up and his jaw down.
These cooks are crazy!

T7 Shuttle Telemachus

Umeshu returned to her seat from before and hastily strapped herself in as Natsumi began to button up the transport shuttle, her attention drawn almost immediately to the pair of yellow-panelled cooks she summoned and their striking appearances. She could not help but smile at the sight, "I must say, you have certainly exceeded my expectations in your preparations for this operation. I have great faith in you two. I know this mission is a bit... unorthodox... but if we can play our cards right on the Rixxikor's apparent passions, then we can get the information we seek without firing a single shot."

The purple haired officer touched a finger to her chin in thought as the craft's engines were springing to life, "Doshiyo... just how to approach them without setting off an aggressive response is the problem..."

Last edited:
YSS Eucharis, Shuttle Bay

Launch clearance came from MEGAMI rather than the Shôshô. “Suites-Hei, you are cleared for takeoff. CAUTION: ship thrusters are priming for takeoff. WARNING: indigenous lifeforms are hostile, do not engage.”

Candon's armor began running one last flight check as its CCD spooled up. “Acknowledged, MEGAMI. Candyman is taking off.”

He stepped off the edge of the shuttle bay and fell half a meter before leveling out. His HUD began displaying his course to the crashed fighter in the form of holographic rings that brought him to a high altitude to take advantage of a jetstream. With the course set he cranked up his CCD and brought the armor to its maximum speed, throttling up slowly to avoid unnecessary stress on the frame. As he faded into the distance a faint sonic boom could be heard as he broke the sound barrier.

Shuttle 55

Tony spun in her seat and looked at the person asking her questions. Nodding to Hashimoto, "Sure I would love it! The machine gun will need move to some where decent..." She paused and thought for a moment, "When we get to the location I'll need to look at the site scans to figure out where I want the security forces."

Shuttle

With everything sealed up, Natsumi rested her hands on the flight controls and went to work. "Shuttle departing" She announced over the comm system to Eucharis and lifted the small craft off the hangar deck and nudged it out of the small shuttle bay with some quick bursts from the thrusters. Once they were safely out of the bay she spotted the refrigerator unit and maneuvered the shuttle to it, gliding gently above the large box.

"Okay, let's get this thing" she murmured, her eyes fixed on the sensors and external cameras, having to be careful so close to the ground and their mothe1rship. She positioned the shuttle over the unit and deployed the grabby arm to lock onto the refrigerator solidly. She double and triple checked the hold on the unit, then glanced at Umeshu.

"We have solid lock" she confirmed.

Landing Site

A deep hum filled the air as the Eucharis slowly left the ground, drifting upwards above the battle site and hasty tent camp, with its patched-up landing gear dripping mud. The Vesper followed alongside shortly afterwards.

Rixxikor Settlement

From their shuttle's forward window, the away team that included Sigurd, Umesu, Natsumi, Stark, and the cooks got their first the Rixxikor village, filled with thousands of the short, skeletal insectoids and their medieval-looking houses made of wood, stone, and cob in rounded shapes with tiny windows and doors. It was a dirty, medieval place with a lot of seemingly homeless Rixxikor lingering around and its streets were haphazardly strewn with piles of garbage, feces, and bug eggs. There didn't seem to be a lot of organization to the layout, or defenses for that matter.

Crash Site

Suites was able to find the site of the crash by the crater it had left. Small fires still burned in the area. And at the edge of the crater there was a discarded, empty liquor bottle gleaming in the sun.

Bridge

"We have lifted off and are heading back into space,"
Hanako announced over the intercom to those still onboard the ship.

Next she called down the the medical lab. "Can you give me an update on our current medical issues?"

Engineering

The guilt Jax had felt after his screw up with Hanako had subsided for the most part, and seeing as how he probably wouldn't be needed, he set his FAR to watch the consoles for anomalies, kept the comms open in case there was trouble, turned on his favorite music, and began reading a digitally-downloaded comic book from his communicator.

Y-Guys, a classic, in his opinion. He had to admit, he didn't like it as much after the huge mutant civil-war, but it was still a good read, a continuation into a whole new adventure. Much like his own life, he mused, after leaving Nepleslia.

So there sat the engineer, hard at work, reading a comic book and curled up in his chair in a childish fashion.

Crash Site

Candon's tall Mindy cloaked the moment he made visual contact with the wrecked fighter. A fantastic sight, the ship had skipped and slid its way into a partially wooded spot of land, blasting four young trees into splinters before parking itself around a few bigger, oak-like trees. Parts of the ship littered the surrounding area. Suites would release a drone to scan the pieces as he flew over them while still flying two klicks off the ground. Zooming his vision in on the ship he noticed the empty bottle, not a small container at all.

He rolled onto his back and pitched ‘up’ in a maneuver that resembled a backflip and landed in front of the cockpit with his SMG set to stun and trained on the pilot's seat. His landing would be almost unnoticeable with the cloak feature on and heavy use of the CDD to set him quickly but gently on the ground.

Shuttle

Natsumi scrunched up her nose as the alien bug settlement came into view. She locked one of the forward cameras onto it and opened a volumetric window for everyone to see its feed.

"Well, lets see what we've got" she said and started the camera zooming in. "Shuttle to Eucharis, approaching the settlement" she added over the channel to their mothership.

Natsumi scrunched her nose some more, almost as if she could smell the imagry as it flashed up on the window in HD detail. "Well thats not very hygenic looking" she commented and adjusted the shuttle's trajectory a little.

Medical

Taharial said something was wrong, so Akane just nodded. She looked at her hand, but couldn't find her paintbrush. Had it been there at all? Of course it had, she was certain of it. And her sidearm too. It was gone as well.

With confusion, Akane asked, "Did someone take my paintbrush?"

Medical

Aikiko laid there as the Medical Tube hummed and did its job. She relaxed and even snagged a few minutes of rest. While laying there under the ministrations, her mind organize itself back to normal. It felt good to have ones memories back, no matter what.

When the tingling stopped along with the hum of the Medical Tube, she felt good. no pain and everything working nicely.

She heard the chime that signaled she was fixed up and needed to be released from the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…