• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.A. Bay ::

Aikiko finished up with storing of the various power armors. And helped in getting the P.A. Bay back in shape. It gave her time to think about her future as she worked. Tough decisions were coming up and she had to make them.

When she got a moment alone to rest a bit before putting the finishing touches to the bay, she moved to the nearest viewport and looked out at the planet below. It was beautiful and full of life. She hoped that Samuel was doing ok.

She turned from the P.A. Viewport and moved through the Eucharis to the Infirmary.

Medical Bay::

Aikiko entered looking around. She nodded to Akane who seamed to be coherent as she moved over to Samuel to see how he was progressing. He looked okay to her. At least peaceful under the meds that kept him still. She looked around for Taharial to ask on the condition of Samuel. They could use the extra help he could provide.

Crash Site

Despite his grandoise dreams of salvaging the alien fighter and becoming famous, it soon dawned on Jax that nearly all of the critical pieces of the technology had been damaged in the Mindy's attack as well as partially melted during the fiery reentry and resulting impact with the planetary surface. All that really remained to examine was that small slice of the cockpit where the pilot first ejected that was emptied of its contents, the previously glowing chunk of HUD having now ran out of power and become completely silent. This wasn't entirely new information, as Candon's drones had recorded quite an eyeful already. However he did have the black-colored pistol to stew on, which despite its radically different aesthetic had an aether signature similar to his own NSP.

The pilot himself was now looking a lot like his downed fighter, silent and bruised and battered in multiple spots. His dark colored flight suit had a burnt spot where the stun blast hit him right in the chest, and he was bleeding in places where the fall scraped his exposed pale skin and suction cup tipped limbs. The face with its mix of exotic features was contorted in pain, and his breath was ragged in the moist forest air from possible fractures from being dropped from such a height. He was definitely still alive, though, however weak and defeated... though some medical attention before long might be a good idea to ensure he survived to make it to interrogation.

Last edited:
Medical

Akane rubbed her eyes, trying to make herself focus once more. She was the most beaten up rookie. Her battles were few in number and her experience refused to grow. If she was ever going to make something of herself, especially in the way she was designed, Akane would have to find a way to fight for the Star Army.

Unless she was a failure.

Akane wasn't about to accept that.

Aikiko came in and started looking around. Perhaps for Taharial. Akane hasn't seen her special friend since waking up. "I'm not sure where Taharial is," Akane said, hoping to save a little time.

Medical Bay::

Aikiko looked at Akane with a nod. "How you doing?" Moving to stand near Akane, but not too close make her feel threatened in any way. "Thanks. She's probably out with the shuttle. Hi, I'm Aikiko Akiashiro. Who are you?" Openly studying Akane.

Shuttle

"Hai, Yamashiro-Shoi." After the others had passed she made her way into the cockpit, settling into the copilot's seat. It felt a bit odd, since she usually wound up flying the shuttle. The perspective from a few feet to the side wasn't so different that things were unfamiliar, of course. Glancing back to make sure the rear door had closed and the weapon she'd brought along was still secure, she then turned her attention to the task at hand. Eyes flickering about behind her glasses, the glowing screens reflected off the faceplate of the AMES she was still wearing.

As Natsumi lifted up to begin her search, it didn't take long for the detail-oriented Neko to notice teltale signs of Candon's little mishap. Trace energy signatures near fine amounts of Yama-Dura that had recently been scattered in the atmosphere. Fallen trees, likely knocked over by some sort of shockwave. "Shoi, I believe I've narrowed down our search area." She pushed the data and coordinates to Natsumi's side of the shuttle, giving the pilot somewhere to aim.

Shuttle

Natsumi's red eyes scanned over the new information from Murikami, nodding and moving the shuttle, angling it for the designated coordinates. "Keep your eyes peeled" she said and scrutinized the sensors, scanning for their fallen man.

Medical

"I'm a little groggy, but I feel a lot better than I did."

After taking a deep breath, Akane remembered her manners, snapping herself closer to a normal state of mind. Standing, she bowed and introduced herself. "I am Infantry Santo Hei Miyako Akane. It is a pleasure to meet you." Akane bowed again, glad she was regaining her bearings once again.

Ground near the Crash site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once on the ground Tony fell back from the rest of the ground team. Rifle up to her shoulder she was panning around keeping an eye out for any hostiles. She wanted to give the rescue team cover if anything should happen. Slowly she moved forward looking for any movement or anything else that would seem to be a threat.

Medical Bay:

Aikiko gave a quick smile, "I'm Aikiko Akashiro, Nito-Hei. Infantry, EOD." Returned the bow back to Akane. "I hope you are feeling better." She leaned back against a nearby chair backrest. She wasn't looking as pristine as the rest of the crew due to the work she had done in the Power Armor Bay.

Crash Site

Jax looked back over his shoulder, feeling slightly more relieved that there was an extra gun against any would-be attackers.

"Uh, hey, uh..."

Crap!

"...Wait, do I have to salute you if you're Nepleslian? I'm new to this whole 'military' thing." he called to Tony, rather awkwardly. One, due to confusion, and two, because speaking in his native trade language felt weird after all this time in Yamatai.

Jax winced inside his Mindy. One thing he did know about the military was that the pecking order was a dangerous thing to tamper with.

Crash Site
~~~~~~~

With Jax speaking Tony never took her eye from the scope. Slowly panning about She spoke as she watched. "How about we focus on the job at hand, and when we're done I'll let you buy me a beer and we can discuss it all." With a grin she paused and stared at a spot she thought she had seen movement. Giving it a few moments she decided it was a trick of light. The barrel of her rifle started moving again.

Medical

"Better. Yes, ma'am. I only woke up from the tube just a few minutes ago." Akane looked around, still not seeing Taharial or anyone else specifically from the medical staff. "I'm sorry I don't have more information, but I haven't seen many from the medical staff since I woke up."

Medical

Aikiko listened as she moved through the Medical Bay. She accidently hit the release on the Tube that held Samuel. "If you feeling up to it. Meet me in the Power Armor Bay in duty uniform. I'll help you get settled into new Power Armor."

With that being said, Aikiko left the Medical Bay to await Akane in the Power Armor Bay.

1KM from crash site
A scan of the surrounding area would show the shuttle crew only the faint traces of radiation from the debris that was once armor.

Clothed in only his helmet Candon lay in a field almost completely covered by the tall grass that had been flattened by the same shockwave that had robbed him of his heartbeat. His artificial body made its best attempt to stabilize itself, though without help it would die anyways.

Medical Bay

As soon as the tube pooped Sam out, he plopped onto the floor nude as the day he was born. He felt refreshed and full of energy. "Sure. Sounds like fun." He quickly got up and followed Aikiko to the Power Armor Bay, going slow so he could remain behind her and stare at her butt.

Shuttle

Mitsuko idly mumbled to herself as her hands moved over the console, examining the camera feeds, comparing it to sensor data. As Natsumi moved them further into the search area, things became more clear. If the damage showed the shockwave was here, and the traces here...focusing in closer and closer, she finally noticed the small bump in the sea of grass. Narrowing all of the shuttle's sensors in, she finally felt confident enough to speak up. "There, Natsumi. A glint of metal...and life signs. But they're very faint..."

Medical

Akane nodded and said, "Yes, ma'am." She quickly realized the need to dress so she could get back into action. Though she didn't have official medical reassurance, she felt capable enough to carry on. If possible, the young Neko needed to get back on duty as fast as possible. It was her purpose, after all.

While she dressed, she watched another of her crewmates finish being decanted from the restoration tube. His disorientation reminded her of how she felt only a few minutes earlier. Still, duty awaited.

Power Armor Bay

Arriving in the bay, Akane looked at the various suits, wondering what Aikiko had in mind. There was no need for the young Neko to rush. She would receive her orders all in due time.

Medical Bay

On his way out the door, Sam noticed a pretty neko getting dressed and remembered he needed to put clothes on too. Mitsuko so bitched him out last time she caught him streaking. He went back to his tube and found his pile of clothes, then got dressed and resumed his trip.

Power Armor Bay

Arriving in the armor bay, Sam looked at the various nekos, wondering if any were available. He had to be quick to catch sight of their figures before they hid themselves with armor. But one kitty didn't seem in any hurry to don her armor, so he gave her special staring time.

Power Armor Bay

Aikiko stepped out from between to Power Armor crates, "Attention!" She barked out with authority. She glared at Akane and Samuel. "We have new Power Armor to assign to you. You'll chose a Mindy and a Daisy.. Once that is accomplished. You'll move them into the freshly repaired holding lockers that is empty of your choice."

She began to opened four crates. Two that contained Mindy's and two that contained Daisy Power armor. "Once that is done. You will pick up your prepared stencils to add your name to your chosen Power Armors." Aikiko looked at the two Santo-Heis.

Power Armor Bay

Sam heard someone yell attention. When he looked and saw she was another pretty neko, he gave her rack the attention it deserved.

There were only two of each Power Armor, so Sam waited for the other kitty to choose first while he spent the time staring at the new neko's pleasing figure. What were their names again? Damn, he wasn't sure. How long was he locked-up in that tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back