• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.A. Bay

Aikiko nodded as the two with her in Power Armor bay began to get familiar with the two different sets of Armor. Leaving her free for the moment to resume her salvage of the Manipulator arms pack. Several of the arms were smashed beyond repair. It was the gel that went inside of them needed to be replaced as majority had leaked out. She got a sample of the gel in a sterile container to take to the Med Labs later to get more produced once she had replacement arms made and replaced the ruined ones.

Power Armor Bay

Once Sam finished reading the manuals, he went and stenciled his names on his armor.

1KM from crash site
Candon released his grip on Mitsuko's arm as instructed, though the process was slow and unsteady as he needed to focus on each finger to accomplish the simple task in his drug induced state. It wasn't until his hand was opened that he noticed just how numb his whole body was with pressure being the only thing he could feel... Until she touched the helmet.

Fire rushed down his spine as Mitsuko removed the helmet. His muscles rippled as his whole body clenched up in the only way it knew to handle the pain, which only made it hurt worse. Closing his eyes tight became more of a reflex then a conscious action, though it did protect his eyes from the harsh sunlight that bled through his eyelids.

Despite the pain and drugs he knew he needed to get back to Eucharis and wasn't one to play the victim. He was going to walk away from his landing or die trying. He tried saying his intentions telepathically but all he was sending was static, probably from a concussion but he wouldn't know.
He steeled his nerves and began the agonizing process of rolling over onto his hands and knees, though any form of standing would require help.

Crash Site

Tony found it fairly easy to get the alien humanoid onto her shoulders, as he seemed to be about the same height as a Nekovalkyrja and was thin and relatively light. When she had to cross her right hand over and hold his right wrist to stabilize the carry it got a little unnerving, though, as she could feel the little suction cup protrusions on his palm and fingers brushing against her vac suit. He groaned audibly as the position put pressure on a rib that had been fractured from the scuffle with Candon, as his bio-luminescent facial markings surged for a brief moment.

Power Armor Bay

Sam finished reading the manuals, so he go by the girl he tried hugging earlier (Akane). "So, um... What's your name?"

Power Armor Bay

Akane looked through the manuals, trying to make note of the core elements illustrated in each. It would take time to know everything involved, much of which she wouldn't be able to learn simply from reading a book.

Some time after she started--how long was impossible to tell thanks to shutting out most of her surroundings--Akane realized the human, Sam, was hovering close by, asking her name. "Santo-Hei Miyako Akane." She bowed quick, but making sure to maintain social order and politeness. "I wish I could read as fast as you." She returned to her manuals since she'd been by superior ordered to look through them.

Shuttle

"Not yet, we will have to pick them up on our way back to the Eucharis" Natsumi replied as she locked out the shuttle controls and moved to exit and assist Mitsuko. She had one hand resting on the grip of her NSP and exited, her red eyes scanning the area for any threats as she quickly moved to join the logistics neko. The shuttle's sensors had told her there was no danger, but she would rather be prepared, treating the situation as if there was possible danger of surprise attack at any moment.

"Okay, is he stable enough to carry back to the shuttle?" Natsumi asked as she came to a stop next to Mitsuko, ready to assist in picking up Candon and carrying him back to the shuttle. She saw then that he was trying to stand up.

"Hey there" she said in a soft tone, "You're in no shape to be walking around, we'll get you back to the shuttle safe and sound"

Power Armor Bay

"Miyako?" Sam smiled. "That's such a pretty name. Mind if I hold you while you finish reading?" After all, just talking to a kitty wasn't enough. He had to touch her as well.

Med Lab

Taharial had passed out in her cabin from exhaustion for what seemed like a few seconds as she walked back to the Med Lab she was confused and shocked to not see anyone there "where did Akane and Sam go, I wasn't gone that long was I?" she was talking to herself as she looked around the Lab and got worried that she was gone longer than a bit.

She decided to wait to see what will happen, no use to worry about nothing, people may come back later and then she will be busy again and happy to see her crew. Taharial started to play with some of the medical equipment, spinning scalpels around her hands, but she stopped and started to prepare and clean the Med Lab "A lot has happened in here at the moment, need to make sure I can get everything incase I need it" she quickly took out equipment and put it on the side to prepare, it ranged from a bone saw to hemo injections.

Rixxikor Village

Meanwhile, the purple-skinned Umeshu was still doing her best to manage the diplomatic mission to the Rixxikor settlement and, keeping to her samurai pride, resisting the urge to partake of any food or drink despite the serious temptations. Thank goodness the threat of the bug men shooting each other to get the burgers and other goodies kept her head clear and senses sharp. As she poured some more small portions of the hallucinogenic wine -- for them a truth serum of sorts for the Rixxikor lips -- she pulled out her communicator from her belt and radio'ed to the shuttle to find out the status of Candon, as in the background the raucous events continued on which forced her to raise her polite voice a few notches to be heard clearly.

"Hashimoto-shoi to Telemachus V, can you give me an update on the condition of Suites-hei? Is he alright? What of the HVT target he was pursuing... is he in custody, also? I will be radioing in to our medical team so they are ready for your arrival."

The officer then switched frequencies, turning to the medical band:

"Hashimoto-shoi to Eucharis, Chasan-hei... do you read me? We have an emergency situation developing planetside. The Telemachus V is responding to a 7-Line medevac request from Itto Hei Candon Howard Suites, who has been seriously injured from chasing the downed alien pilot. You need to be ready to receive them in the bay -- be advised that there is likely the prisoner with them as well that may also require medical attention. Please take care handling them, as we don't know what he or she is capable of, but Hanako-shosho needs them alive for questioning."

Last edited:
Crash Site
Jax followed Tony and gave her a little bit of distance, so that if they came under fire, they'd be more split up and harder to kill. He kept pace, sweeping this way and that with his rifle, itching to get back to the Eucharis and take off his armor. His tall, feline ears were scrunched against his head in a very uncomfortable manor, and he didn't even want to talk about his tail...

Power Armor Bay

"Hold me?" Akane's eyebrows lifted in disbelief. She couldn't really understand why Sam wanted that. "I don't think our CO would like that," she said. "And I know Taharial wouldn't. I know she's willing to prove her title of 'Butcher' when it comes to me."

Power Armor Bay

Aikiko heard the two talking as she glanced over at the two. Seeing Samuel making his move on Akane. She moved back into view of them both.

"It's time to suit up. We'll be using the Mindy's firsts, since it is the smallest of the two Armors."

She undressed right in front of the two near her P.A. Lockers and folded up her uniform and clothing to be put on a shelf within the locker for such things.

"Yet the Daisy and Mindy are similar in basic operations." She tied back her hair to keep it out of the way.

She opened up her Mindy, standing in a way for the both of them to see how it was done and gave instructions as she was doing it. She stepped backwards into the Mindy, settling herself in it and hooking up the SPINE interface as she did so. Once that was done, she closed up the Mindy, leaving the helmet off for now.

Outside Shuttle
The sound of muffled vibration tickled Candon's ruptured eardrums as Natsumi spoke. Though he couldn't hear what she was saying he got the feeling she was not approving of his movement.

Now in a Kneeling position the pain of laying on his bruised and burned back was replaced with he torment of strained muscles. Living was an unhealthy activity at this point, no matter where or what position he was in he would be in agonizing pain. He was only able to handle the pain through the application of massive doses of painkillers and was only capable of thinking due to receiving the SAINT Standard Conditioning Package.

Candon needed to communicate. He tried his hand at telepathy again. More static.
'Screw it.'
"Helme yup," he enunciated as best he could, speaking loud and slurring like a drunk redneck with hopes he wouldn't have to repeat himself too many times.

Med Lab

Taharial listened to the medevac call and sorted the tables and a cell for the guests, while she prepared she responded "Yes I read you, I am preparing the tables and a cell for the injured, may I ask you how many people are coming here?" she looked over at the tools "and a briefing on the wounds."

Power Armor Bay

Akane felt a wave of relief when Aikiko caled on them to suit up. The young Neko jumped into the smaller of the two armors, activating the core systems within. Once it was ready, the armor closed around Akane and she shifted her limbs and fingers to ensure everything worked properly.

Between the Crash site and the shuttle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As she continued to carry the alien on her shoulders, Tony grunted under weight with each step. She was glad the shuttle wasn't too far off, but this guy was stinking. She would have to have a few hours long shower once they got back to the ship. Anything to get the funk of the alien off her.

Outside Shuttle

Mitsuko couldn't do anything to stop his tensing and convulsing as she pulled off the helmet, trying to ignore it. She needed to make sure he was in one piece up there, and prevent any further injury by the malfunctioning Mindy. Besides, Taharial would need access to his head eventually. The Neko tsked at Natsumi's response, following it up with a sharp, hissing intake of breath as Candon began rolling himself over. "No no no, stop that!" She tried to hold him still, but he seemed to be ignoring her.

Thankfully Natsumi appeared to assist. "We're going to have to risk it, yes. Or he'll just try to walk all the way back to the ship himself." She grumbled, getting frustrated. As he tried to stand, she positioned herself across his body from Natsumi, nodding at the other Neko before placing her hands on the injured soldier again. "Stop that right now. That's an order. Or I'll just take the risk and use something to knock you out." With that, a firm shove was all she needed to send the weak and unsteady Suites tumbling right into Natsumi's waiting arms, the two of them easily able to cart the naked spy into the shuttle. "Natsu...Yamashiro-Shoi, could you please notify the others to bring in the medical supplies while you're preparing for takeoff? I'll make sure Suites-Hei is comfortable for the trip."

Outside the shuttle

"Hashimoto-shoi, we have Suits-hei and are getting him aboard the shuttle. He is badly wounded and needs medical attention. We will be recovering the rest of our landing party and the prisoner in minutes" she sent to Hashimoto wirelessly.

"Already sent word" Natsumi said with a smile as she grabbed hold of the stumbling Candon and helped transport him into the shuttle. "Let's settle him in and pick up everyone else"

Between Two Nekos
As the Nekos manhandled Candon the burnt skin across his back stretched and cracked making him wonder just how much they were actually helping. Releasing control of a situation had never been a strong suit of his, having no control over his fate was unnerving enough until he felt pain greater than anything he had ever endured in his life. He did his best to stifle his screams but ultimately failed while simultaneously broadcasting a barrage of intense telepathic static similar to the psionic attacks of early Nekovalkyrja, an obvious sign that something was wrong with his nervous system.

A closer examination of his skeleton would reveal a damaged vertebrae at the base of his SPINE that was leaking fluid and pinching the nerves together. Taharial would be able to get him walking again, but power armor would be out of the question until the vertebrae healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back