• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armor Bay

"Yes, ma'am." Akane went to the first of the crates, lifting out the Mindy armor inside. She set it into the appropriate holding locker before going to another of the crates for one of the Daisy armors. With that finished, she started stenciling her name on the units. The entire time, she stayed quiet, not sure if her senses would act up on her once again.

Crash Site

Jax continued slowly stepping forward.

"Anything?" he asked the shuttle crew through the comms.

Power Armor Bay

What the fuck...? Sam watched with his mouth hanging open as one neko lifted the armor from the crates as if they were made of paper and moved them to a locker. He whistled. "Damn, girl. You must work out."

Power Armor Bay

"Work out?" Akane glanced at her new armors and the stencil in her hand. When she looked back at the gentleman talking to her, she realized something significant--he was human. "I'm Nekovalkyrja, so I'm optimized for this kind of work. Do-do you need help?"

Power Armor Bay

"From a pretty neko like yourself?" Sam grinned sheepishly. "Why sure, help would be most appreciated. Could you help me move these robot things to where I'm supposed to move them?" He asked while pointing at Mindy and Daisy.

Shuttle

"I see it!" Natsumi replied, her red eyes catching sight of what Mitsuko had found. "Good eyes" she said and banked the shuttle around, angling directly for their downed shipmate.

"Stand by, Jax-Hei" she replied to the infantry man as she piloted the shuttle in, descending lower to bring them gliding over the downed Candon.

She locked the shuttle's cameras on him and swept out with the sensors, to make sure there would be no surprises. "Okay, I'm going to set us down right next to him, get the first aid kit" she said, glancing at Mitsuko as she tapped the thrusters, edging the shuttle over a few feet and settled it down, already opening the external hatch facing Candon's limp body.

Power Armor Bay

"Yes, I can help you." Akane lifted the first of the units, looking back at the man flirting with her. "Be glad we're not still in Medical. Taharial can get a bit defensive about me."

Power Armor Bay

Aikiko rolled her eyes at hearing Samuel, and keeping an eye on the situation. "Break it up, Santo-Heis!" She moved back to the two, carrying manuals. "Do it in your off time!" laying out the manuals for the Mindies and Daisies. "There's a lot more work to be done."

Power Armor Bay

Seeing the approaching manuals, Akane broke out of the very impromptu hug. "What's next, ma'am?"

Power Armor Bay

Sam not get return hug. Sam just pushed off. Sam feel very very sad. He just sit down and look at the manuals as they are laid out.

Power Armor Bay

"You both need to study these manuals and get familiar with the two different power armors you're going to be using. That include the load outs of weapons and munitions, Accessories. You have the manuals to help you get familiar with them. Cause you got to maintain them also. At operator level." Aikiko glanced at Samuel and Akane. "Knowing your equipment will give you the advantage you need to survive any hostile contact. Once you've been checked out with the basics. I'll see about getting permission taking you both outside the ship to get even more acquainted with each of the Armors."

She studied both of them. "Screw this up and I'll see to it you're so buried within this ship bowels that you'll think you're just another cog of the ship." She spoke menacing to them both as she dropped each a set of power armor manuals before each.

Crash Site

Jax watched the shuttle come down in the distance with weary eyes. Hopefully they'd found a full person, and not just what remained. Still, he felt relieved that their mission was about to be over, and he'd be back in the relative safety of a fully armed Plumeria gunship.

"Woo! Let's get out of here! I'm starving!" Jax cheered and jogged over to the pilot. He glanced at Tony. "I'll keep watch if you carry the... whatever the hell this thing is... Sound good?"

Yeah, that plan made sense. He was in a full suit of power armor, after all. Much more formidable should the bugs show up. God, he hoped Umeshu and the others were okay...

Power Armor Bay

Sam glanced at the Daisy manual with contempt. Worthless piece of Mitsuko do do. Last time he was in one of those, he almost died. Like hell he was ever going to use one of those again. It'd be better being just another cog of the ship. He picked up the sexy Mindy manual and began studying his new metallic girlfriend's many kinks and secrets as he was looking forward to being inside her and feeling her around him.

Shuttle

Mitsuko nodded in response, feeling the shuttle tilt as it banked for the turn. Now that the task of finding him had been handled, she realized they now had to deal with the injured crewman. Her eyes widened behind her glasses as she figured out she would be the one expected to help him, just moments before Natsumi said so out loud. "...h-hai." Her mind raced as she tried to prepare, only having a few dozen seconds to panic while she was exiting the cockpit and grabbing the 31C Medkit. She had to hurry, so even covering the ground between the ship and the body didn't give her much extra time to think.

Candon didn't seem to be shot, or slashed, or in multiple pieces. However, he did seem to be wearing nothing more than a helmet. The Neko blushed but ignored that, instead focusing on the task at hand. She knelt next to him, opening up the kit even as she took stock of the many serious burns all over his body. He'd certainly broken several bones, if he'd fallen from any sort of height when he landed and created this little indentation. She could put enough clues together to theorize that he'd abandoned an overheating and now destroyed PA, although she had no good ideas how that had happened. Not important now.

She had the nanites from the Portable Medical Scanner injected in moments, eyes glued to the display as it began telling the tale of Candon's injuries. "Oh dear." She muttered this a few more times, as bad information continued to appear. "N-no heartbeat, Natsumi." She managed to update the pilot, even if she was too distracted to be as formal and precise as she usually was. Mitsuko only had a bit of cursory medical training from her early training, and any further knowledge had been gained recreationally, and certainly hadn't been tested. Still, she recognized the defibrillator and understood how to use it. Thankfully, it was mostly automated, especially with the nanites and scanner involved.

Mitsuko attached the electrodes and nervously scooted back just a bit, eyes glued to the display as she let the machine do its job, hoping for encouraging results. Any further care would have to wait until he was stabilized. Hopefully he would be awake enough to help float himself into the shuttle, as she didn't expect she could move him herself without causing further injury.

1KM from crash site
The simple display on the defibrillator illuminated with the manufacturer name, then a progress bar as it loaded the best program for Candon's body.
Code:
>ASSESMENT COMPLETE
>PROGRAM LOADED
>PROCEDURE START
> SCANNING...
> ABORT PROCEDURE
Procedure aborted, subject's heart is not in fibrillation, a digital female voice warned, Remove electrodes and begin CPR.

Outside Shuttle

Mitsuko looked confused as the device stayed quiet. She'd been expecting some sort of noise, maybe a few crackly sparks, and Candon's body jerking around before returning to life. Apparently she needed to provide some more impactful, hands on care rather than relying on technology this time. She didn't have any real medical training, so it wasn't surprising that she'd made a mistake, but her face still flushed red with embarrassment as she went to work. CPR was something she had been trained for and could handle easily enough, the powerful compressions she was providing would hopefully be enough to revive poor Suites. As her body moved on autopilot, her mind was racing to prepare for the next step, glancing back at the PMS display that was continuing to monitor the injured soldier and provide her with recommendations on further treatment.

Candon's Mind
High upon an impossibly tall cliff Candon watched his near dead body through a break in the clouds. He wore a black dress suit much like the ones seen at funerals with a polished black coffin behind him. The open lid revealed a soft red interior that would soon be his home.

"So this is it, huh," said a perfect copy of Candon, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I guess we had a good run... I wonder, maybe if we watch that dead guy long enough something interesting will happen-"
"Don't you ever shut up! What am I supposed to do, Figment? Why are we even talking? I haven't been stoned in a year. Why don't you do us both a favor and get out of my brain!"
"I'll get inside your brain!" Figment responded, this time with the voice and body of a snotty young girl Suites had rescued from a damaged space station module as a cop.

Candon couldn't handle this level of stupid, he walked away from the ledge and faced the casket but only to see Antonia Stark looking at him with a judgemental stare. "You Yammies sure got soft after the wars." "Newsflash, if you're in my head you're a Yammie." Stark rolled her eyes as Candon turned away, "your giving up so fast!" A man's voice cut in, "don't you have anything to live for?" Candon turned back to face the psychologist that tried dissuading him from joining the military. "How about this, why don't you give me a reason to live." "Alright," the shrink relented. Aikiko grabbed his shoulder and turned Candon around, "here's a reason. I owe you a favor and can take a missile to the face." "But why limit yourself. You could set your sights a bit higher," Shôshô Hanako suggested while perched seductively on the open edge of the casket. Before he could even think to respond Samael Darkfire began massaging Candon's shoulders, "and you know I'm always up for a good time-"
"Oh HELL no!" Candon thrust his elbow backwards but like all of the illusions he was gone the moment another began speaking, but now there was no one in sight. "So sex is it? Well thanks, I'm feeling much better," Candon said as he approached the coffin, ready to climb in.

A young version of himself leaned up next to the coffin. "C'mon, you asked me, a figment of your imagination to tell you something you yourself don't know, now that's just negligent. Besides, a girl in your life just might make things simpler for you..." Candon gave him the 'really?' look as Figment rethought his statement. "...or not. I don't know. I ju-"
"I'm sorry Figment but this isn't my choice. Besides, we all gotta die someda-" Candon's chest began flexing noticeably. "Yes! In your face!" Figment screamed as Taharial Chasen. Candon focused on the pressure on his chest attempting to gauge how much experience the medic had. He knew his heart had been stopped for too long and something more would be needed to get it going again. "You got the right idea, Fig, but this can't be Chasen-hei or I'd have been injected with something by now..."
"We can get you worked up, get some adrenaline in the blood," Figment offered, "it's worth a shot."
"How?"

"Like this," Candon's mother Sana stated flatly as she sat up in the coffin, "Candon... when do we quit?"
"Now your crossing the line, Figment," Candon warned grimly.
"When do we quit?" She climbed out of the coffin and pushed Candon toward the ledge.
"I swear I'll kill you, Figment."
They were now face to face.
"When do we quit?"
"Never."

With a final, firm push Candon made a long, uncontrolled fall into his body on the ground.

Outside Shuttle
Candon awoke to the indescribably excruciating pain of reality with a start. His heart rate went from flat lined to beating too fast in under a second. Streaks of lithium leaked down the side of the helmet from where its battery ruptured. With no power came no visibility. He reached out in a panic and caught hold of something or someone softer than a Rixxicor, and in that moment it was all he cared about. A ringing in his ears blocked out all other sounds. He telepathically reached out to Mitsuko for reassurance.

Crash Site

Slinging her rifle to her back, Tony got a wave of defenselessness as she picked up pilot into a Fireman's carry. She could barely lift it, being in just her vac suit. But Sure as shit she wasn't going to let the Yamis show up her in their PAs. So with a grunt the red head lifted up her load and started forward with Jax. "Let's get this back.... Quickly!" She grunts out as she sifted the pilot into a more comfortable spot on her shoulders.

Outside Shuttle

Mitsuko let out a squawk of surprise as Suites suddenly jerked to life, grabbing at her wrist where her hand still rested on his bare chest. She quickly looked between his body, the PMS display and his helmet, trying to juggle several mental tasks and assign them to physical movements, which were now limited thanks to the firm grip he had on her arm. The Neko could feel her patient reaching out to her telepathically, not quite lucid enough to communicate properly yet. After hesitating for a moment, she figured the best she could do was send him her standard digital information, her name and face, followed by an image of what she was looking at right now. Which happened to be his hand latched onto her wrist, and his chest, so hopefully he would understand.

After a few fumbling moments she managed to load a hypospray with pain reliever, giving him as much as the display told her was safe. He already had some in his body, the thing was telling her, along with other medication, but trying to get him calm and responsive was her main goal at the moment. He would heal, his body would stabilize itself, especially with the aid of the medical grade hemosynth she injected him with soon after the pain meds. He was busted up inside, bones and softer things, and hopefully this would hold him until they returned to the Eucharis. "Suites-Hei, can you hear me? Can you respond?" She 'spoke' the questions slowly and deliberately through their connection. "Close your eyes, I'm going to try to get this helmet off of you. I need my hand back, please." Mitsuko began pushing the Mindy helmet off with one hand, and hopefully both, as soon as Suites relaxed that clamp.

"Natsumi, he's awake, we need to get him onto the shuttle. Are the others coming back soon?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back