• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 27, Part 2] Night on the Beach (YE 39)

Beach

Sitting on the beach, Tan held her head above the jar without looking into it, and sniffed. "Yes, according to some definitions. I'll pass, though, thank you.

"I'm fine, though I think I might have had a bit much to drink, already." Apparently, by her standards, enough to get tipsy was too much. She seemed to be watching the ocean, though surely there wasn't much to see through opaque lenses.

Hanako's World
Beach

"By some definitions neither of us are what we are said to be. By some definitions I'm a medic and by some definitions you're a scientist."

She looked at the jar, choosing not to comment on either of their states. She was sickly from hearing the conversations of others and having none of her own and Tan Ann Pan was sickly from drink. Different causes of the same feeling. She popped another cherry into her mouth and remembered how Wazu had thrown one into the fire. She searched fruitlessly to see it in the embers. There was nothing left of it but a black circle against the hot, burning wood. She wondered if that was indeed the cherry and used her optical imaging to zoom in. Perhaps she was seeing things she wanted to see.

"By some definitions none of us are what we say we are and by some definitions, we all are. Perspective seems to be everything."

Beach

"Maybe so. I can say with confidence I'm not a scientist, though. It sounds like you're a philosopher." Tan smiled lopsidedly and took a deep breath. She needed a running start to philosophize, apparently.

"There's more than perspective to definitions, there's also how words are used. So, while someone could call the sky purple here, we could compare it to other things and decide it was black or green. Though, I say this without having checked what it looks like."

No longer able to keep a straight face, she chuckled. "Sorry, I tend to keep things more prosaic."

Hanako's world
Beach

"I like someone that can self-ascertain how they keep things," Masumi told the medic. "When prosaic your purpose is less poetic and more so realistic. Not flowery, but formal. So I'm guessing purple prose has no place in your life? What do you make room for outside of such things?"

She looked to Tan Ann Pan, listening for her answer.

Beach

Tan shook her head in bewilderment. "What? Outside purple prose? That's nearly everything, unless I'm having a go at it. If you want my life story, I'll say 'buy my book'... and if you're asking about my work/life balance strategies, well, ask me against when the war's over. I'm not too focused on lifestyle, right now."

Hanako's World
Beach

For Masumi, who had just gotten done with a many months long journey from Kuvexian space and what seemed like an even longer shore leave, not having a focus on lifestyle was impossible. She didn't believe someone could stay sane without doing something besides work.

She, instead, focused on one question she had, "Do you really think we'll be able to sit down and talk lifestyle choices after the war is over?"

Beach

Tan tilted her head away, and shrugged one shoulder. "Very nearly by definition, unless another war begins before this one ends. Or even sooner; these three-year contracts aren't that onerous. Though, we can talk about them right now, it's just nothing but hypotheticals, for me, anyway. I haven't had time to get into a routine, I've never worked on a starship before, you know."

Hanako's World
Beach

"You'll like it very much, I'm sure," Masumi said to Tan Ann Pan, not knowing if she believed her own statement, but was willing to see how it felt to be unsure of something she said. She didn't like the feeling.

"Our Shosho's word is law. That being said, will you do a dare or a truth?" Masumi said, treating Hanako's idea as a quasi-order and hoping Tan Ann Pan had heard the golden-eyed girl's party game request.

Beach

"Likely. Is it time to gather around the fire, then?" Tan stood up to look around, though there was no one else immediately in active sonar range. As far as she could tell, most of the activity was still around the bar.

Ocean

It was time to get out of the water. He'd seen Becker swim by, completely nude, and Jax was pretty sure that the other engineer was humming the "Jaws" theme. Also, a naked Natsumi was entering the waves.

'Nope. Nuh-uh. Kitty OUT!' Jax mumbled internally and began swimming back for shore. He quickly shook himself dry as best as he could before pulling his shorts back on. He was slowly getting used to nudity, but for now it was a solo-thing only. Maybe someday he'd be able to stare at a genetically-modified-military-hottie in her birthday suit and not pitch a tent, but today was not that day.

That's why, when he came back to the campfire, having left his duffel bag behind in case it went up in a massive fireball, he had to avert his eyes from Bel and Freyja. Although, he mentally self-fived after seeing that yes, they looked adorable together. It was a ship that sailed itself. His "ship" on the other hand, was probably a crack-pairing created by Blizzard- "omnipotent sci-fi geek" was too long to say- and Tsuguka's creator for the lulz, to see how well fire and water mixed. So far, he was liking the result, truth be told. Very "steamy-!"

He'll stop now.

Either way, he plopped down on one of the rugs surrounding the camp fire, next to Masumi and Tan. His ears picked up part of their conversation, and he gasped with delight.

"Truth or dare?! Sweet! I'm in!" he beamed, tail swishing excitedly. Unfortunately, Jackson's only experience with truth or dare had been back in middle school. He'd never played, or heard of, the Yamataian variant; played on most ships such as, say, the YSS Sakura II.

Hanako's World
Around the Campfire

Freyja's head spun towards Jackson. She stroked the musculature of Bel's wing softly. "Let's get started!" The Neko said with a giggle. She stood up and moved closer to sit near the fire, across from Jax. Her eyes sparkled, the fire reflecting off of them giving her eyes a sinister look. She gave him a wink.

Around the Campfire

"Oh! I had almost forgotten!" she wiggles a little, shaking her wings out. Released now, Bel takes the opportunity to scoot up, hugging her knees as she joins the circle.

Beach

Natsumi waded into the water, grinning as the warm tropical waves washed over her.

"I'll catch the next round!" She called back to Candon, and she would. She enjoyed games, but needed a dip first. Despite what Jax had thought upon her wading in, she was not nude. Her red and white striped bikini was properly in place as she sprang forward and dove into the water and submerged herself under the waves, kicking away from the beach a dozen feet before splashing back up to the surface.

Her usually floofy white hair now plastered about her face and head as she took a long deep breath and grinned broadly. "Isn't the water nice?!" she called to Takao, who had been coming with her.

Natsumi treading water now, just her head and shoulders above the surface looked out upon the night sky and back at the beach with her friends and shipmates there, and grinnd happily.

Beach

"Absolutely! Nice, clear," Takao rolled himself through the water, swimming underneath the water to surface on her other side, "Calm." He tread water easily and calmly looked up into the sky. He closed his eyes and uses his sense of surroundings to make sure the currents did not pull him out to sea or away from Natsumi, whom he was keeping company.

"I could stay here until the end of time... No wars, no paperwork, no anything, just me, the sea, and the sky."

Sure he was poetic at times, but the well-experienced Kohosei was quite well equipped for everything. He'd spent so much time at war, through battleships under fire to small gunships in the dance of starship combat. What he was enjoying now was a small stint away from it all. A true and literal shore leave.

Hanako's World
Beach

"Freyja," Masumi said. "Truth or dare?"

The blue-eyed Neko crossed her legs and held her ankles in her hands. Here shoulders were pushed up close to her elf-ish ears and were both covered by her pink hair that fell down well past her stomach. Her strappy cyan bathing suit hugged her dark skin, which shimmered faintly in the firelight from the small flecks of sand that had gotten onto it. She would need to swim to completely clean herself of the grit, but that time was not upon her, yet.

Beach Bar

"I feel like going for a swim" She announced. "Anyone want to come with me?" she asked as she pushed away from the bar and stretched her arms over her head before removing both her straw hat and colorful sun dress, leaving her in her red and white striped bikini.

Ramiro waited until Natsumi was halfway down the beach before he let out a soft, low whistle. He let his eyes linger for just a second before he turned his attention back to the bar.

"Could you fill me up with even parts, brother?"

Ramiro reached below the bar and again pulled out the scotch and Amaretto. At this point the bottle of scotch was low enough, about 4/5 empty, for him to do a couple cooler tricks. He tossed the bottle, spinning it through the air as he did. Just for show he would throw in the drink mixing as he flipped the bottle around. He'd reach behind his back, using the Minkan's natural strength to give some extra height to the throw as he quickly snatched a cup from the bar, knelt, scooped some ice into the cub from the ice box, and stood in time to place the cup on the bar with one hand and catch the bottle with the other.

Ramiro tossed the bottle a second time, putting a lot of wrist into it to it didn't get a lot of height but has a fast spin. As it spun he stuck out his elbow and would occasionally jab it into the spinning bottle, pushing it back into the air and keeping it spinning. He held his body steady as he used his free arm to reach over and grab the Amaretto, slowly and carefully lifting it over to the cup. With one final jab, the bottle of scotch bounced up off of his elbow, and he reached up and snatched it out of the air. Bringing it down next to the cup he flicked both of his wrists, giving each bottles a one-and-a-half rotation spin and catching them both upside down, holding them there until the glass was full. Because the Amaretto bottle was still a little fuller, the force of the spinning bottle sent a small squirt of the sugary drink streaming into the sand. Twisting his arms, Ramiro placed both bottles back on the bar and slid Candon his drink.

"Order's up!"

Hanako's World
Beach

Freyja's eyes lit up. She was delighted to be going first. Without even thinking she yelled, "Dare! I want a dare!" Her tail wrapped around her waist. The blue girl had been excited about this game for weeks, and it seemed like it would never happen. Her pain was changing to anger. How could Junko-chan just leave her like this? Had she really known her at all?

She had started to remember her crush on Hanako now that Junko was gone. A shy glance at Hanako turned her cheeks dark blue. She realized how silly and childish she had been acting. Still, she hoped the dare would be something interesting, hopefully involving kissing or an equally pleasurable activity.

Hanako's World
Beach

Masumi let her hand fall down to the sand and she gripped a handful, then let it go back down. She did this again while she thought, then looked across the fire towards Freyja and said to her the dare.

"Choose someone here to give you a spanking, Freyja." After a moment of thought, she realized that may be a little too insensitive of her and added the option, "Either that or pretend like someone in the group has just broken up with you and you're trying your best to get them to stay with you." Masumi looked to the sea, reflecting on her choices, then back to Freyja. "I hope one of those makes you happy."

Beach

Hanako smirked softly with a look of pleasant surprise and mildly perverse interest in her big golden eyes as she watched the game begin across her red wine glass, and she couldn't help but grin when the talk of spanking came up. "Oh yes," she murmured, scooting to the edge of her seat on the log.

"I am putting you in charge of turn order," Hanako told Bel.

Beach

Bel fell back in the sand next to Freyja, letting the cooling sand support her wings and get in her two-toned hair. She raised a hand of acknowledgement to Hanako. "Yes ma'am!" she said cheerfully, taking an account of who was around the fire circle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back