• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

At some point after they cut the treeline, Lynn had hit Silic in the back of the neck, knocking him down and sending herself toppling with him. She quickly wormed her way out from under the hapless Nepleslian.

"You worthless-- ! I've never been so humiliated-- !" Lynn scrambled to her feet. "BAKA! You could have been killed! What possessed you to fight a damn alien wild cat?!"

Silic sat up, and leaned back on one hand, the other rubbing the back of his neck where she had hit him. “Well I'm sorry for walking into a room occupied by a killer predator!” he said, voice loaded with annoyed sarcasm. “Why were you in the prefab anyway, I thought I told you to stay topside?”

"Well, it's not as if I cared for your safety!" Lynn said.

Then, realizing what she said, she blushed. "You're an idiot. I like being quiet and writing my music and stories and playing the piano and working with the technicians! But you've made a fool of me in front of the Chui and the squadron once before and just now you almost got me killed along with your own sorry hide."

Lynn holstered her NSP with a huff. "But I suppose it isn't really your fault. I'll just have to be more careful not to let your buffoonery embarrass me again in the future."

Yaeko giggled as the two ran out, turning slightly back to her old girly-girl self before pulling herself back to reality. "Aye Solitaire!" Yaeko gently glided her way off the CRDM as she moved towards the forest. Hitting the ground just at the edge of the forest edge she flipped her NSP to pulse mode and set into the forest after the other two. "Silic, it's gone, you don't have to worry. If I were you I would come back before Atsui get's even more pissed at you!"

Silic straightened his glasses on his nose in a tic, he opened his mouth to answer “Yo- Damn it! Don't do that you split persona psycho!” he suddenly screamed “I'm already worried sociopathy is contagious!”

Yaeko could clearly find the two from their yelling, and approached them cautiously. Would you two love-birds get your sorry asses back to the camp? The Chui is already pissed at the two of you, there is a crisis going on, the last time the two of you were stupid enough to go charging into the forest together you almost got yourselves captured and the entire squadron killed, and now you two are hiding back here arguing like a damn married couple! Now get moving before I go back to the Chui and tell her what's going on back here!"

Atsui meanwhile was taking charge of the situation. "Kail-Juni, get with the SSS security, find out what their status is, also see what supplies they have available." she called out as started checking those around her to see who was alive, wounded or dead.

She sent Cutter to find the Expedition leader, and bring them to her immediately.

Silic pushed himself, and brushed himself off with a grunt. “Trust me, girl. I've been through marriage rodeo, this is nothing.” he replied. He cleared his throat loudly “Sorry about the outburst, been a rough day.” he turned to Yaeko, “But I still think you're completely crazy.”

"I'm crazy!? Look who's talking!" Yaeko shook her head as she walked back to the main encampment. "Got them Chui!" She walked over to where Atsui was standing and bowed. "Orders?"

Lynn didn't have anything to say. Instead, she blushed. The day's events went quickly through her mind as she stood there. What had happened to her?

She shook her head to clear it. She then followed Yaeko, and bowed to Atsui.

“At least I don't enjoy what happens to me.” he muttered darkly to Yaekos back. Suddenly he turned and looked around on the ground, then swore quietly. “I've lost my gun.” he sighed “Easy come, easy go.” he said, face bemused before turning back to the camp and following Yaeko and Lynn.

Atsui turned to face the returning members of her unit. Her facial muscles twitched in a few places as she worked to control her emotions.

"Tin Man, help move the wounded SSS personnel over to the infirmary. One of the SSS medics is performing triage, be quick about it we have unaccounted for people. Which means these bastards took prisoners." she said to Silic.

She turned to Yaeko, "Go find Kail-Juni, she's supposed to be checking on available equipment. We need to outfit a rescue party, we leave at dawn."

She turned to Lynn, "As for you Yagami-Hei, come with me." she said as she walked towards the CRDM Command center. She walked in and looked at the two expedition members present. "Give us some privacy gentlemen." she said. The two nodded and left the room without saying anything. She turned and waited for Lynn.

Lynn followed quietly behind Atsui, head tilted down in embarrassment.

When the two SSS left, Lynn immediately bowed to her superior. "I apologize! I have failed you and the unit in my responsibilities as a soldier of the Star Army of Yamatai! I embarrassed this unit in the face of the enemy!"

Lynn held her bow with eyes closed. Shame colored her cheeks, and she felt acutely aware how ridiculous her actions had been that day. But it wasn't entirely her fault was it? That damn Nepleslian! Falling on her, grabbing her, ordering her about and saying that she was the one in the wrong?

She wouldn't get back at him -- but if she could help it she'd avoid the other EWO to the best of her abilities.

"What is going on with you Yagami-Hei? When I give them orders, I expect them to be followed. I do not expect to find my soldiers engaging in a sexual encounter when I send them out to check the perimeter...

I understand you are young, but get your hormones in check. I mean really, you and Tin Man? First its a quickie on the flight line, then you abandon the squadron to chase that fool into the woods when we are under attack. And as for this most recent episode..... well words fail me...." she shook her head in disbelief... "Tin Man of all people" she mutters.

Atsui looked at her communicator which took this moment to signal an incoming message. She read the message, "There is a shuttle coming down. Go to the flight line and meet it, and bring the occupants to me here."

Lynn turned a bright red from head to toe.

"A-Atsui-Ch-Chui! I am not in a sexual relationship with Vah-- Vas-Hei! He was asleep on a Kawarime and he f-fell from its wing! I thought he was trying something and kicked him and punched him!" Lynn stood up straight with a panicked look.

"Ah! Ah!" Lynn was trying to find something to say. "This is a big misunderstanding! He was being chased by a c-cougar and picked me up because I would have been mauled otherwise!"

Lynn shut her eyes. "I don't even like him! He's old and I hate his guts!"

With that, Lynn snapped another bow, shouted an emphatic affirmative to head to the shuttle and promptly sprinted to where she was ordered to be.

Throughout the entire ordeal, Lynn was thinking of Silic kissing her. If she had been physically capable, she would have broken out into a cold sweat and goose bumps. The very idea repulsed her.

Yaeko bowed and went to find the area that they kept the equipment. Walking into one of the CDRMs that she thought was the correct one, she looked around to find that it was in fact the right place. "Sensei?" She called out, "Need a hand?"

“Hai.” acknowledged Silic, nodding. He waited until Atsui was out of hearing range before muttering “Prisoner, or eaten by that thing.”

He walked towards the infirmary to grab a grav gurney or something, and to check if they had any adrenaline shots he could scrounge. Maybe his gun would be there as well, the last few moments in the CDRM with the beast had been a blur.

As Lynn approached the airfield a T7 Shuttle lit up the morning sky. It circled the field once and then touched down lightly.

The shuttle had not completed shutting down when the rear doors opened and out stepped a figure. The interior lighting had the person's face in silhouette, but the person was wearing black panels, and had a duffle bag slung over her left shoulder.

Another figure could be seen inside the shuttle.

-------------------------------------

Yaeko found the storage CRDM, and the SSS personnel were checking their equipment. A Yamataian male with blue eyes and sandy browned hair looked at Yaeko after her question.

"Hello Hei, the name is Hayashi Eiji. We are concluding our inventory, it appears that the attackers never got into this facility. The weapons inventory is intact. Plus we have four Survival kits, plus 6 Science Scanners.

Whatever you folks need, feel free to help yourself." he said.

Yaeko thought for a minute before saying, "Standby for official confirmation. However, I believe we'll most likely be needing the weapons and survival kits." She turned and left the CDRM. She jogged back to where Atsui had been and bowed. "Chui, they have a full armory weapons inventory as well as 4 survival kits and 6 scientific scanners. I instructed them to standby for your confirmation, but to expect to us to need their supplies of weapons and survival kits."

As he neared the Infirmary Silic took a quick damage check. The two bullets from earlier hadn't done any major damage, the tough metal plates on his arm had been almost been completely penetrated by the piece of lead, but had stopped it just short of critical components. The fleshy bit was a more serious, fortunately no arteries had been hit, but a steady drip of blood was falling from the wound. Silic gulped and tried to shake away the pain, more for psychological reasons than any medical benefit.

The Infirmary itself was still a wreck, someone had shifted the examination table and a few medical supplies outside to get out of the clutter. One of the SSS security guards was on the table, the medic examining a cut above his eye with a small light.

“It's not serious.” the medic concluded, putting away the light. “I'll bandage it, but you'll have a concussion and a pretty scar for a few hours.”

The guard looked up as the medic began wrapping the small bandage around his head. “What about the tube?” referring to the hemosynth tank that was usually used for repairing injuries.

“Some idiot shot it with a machine gun, we're saving the remaining hemosynth for serious cases.” replied the medic shortly, finishing his work. “Next!”

Hunching his shoulders and keeping a low profile Silic slunk inside and got to work, he scrambled through the mess towards the hemotank looking for his lost weapon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back