• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

Konpeki nodded to Atsui, "I will get started immediately Chui, it will take a little bit of time to gather the data. I will check back with you in two hours." She moved off in the direction that Atsui had indicated, and on her way got directions from the SSS personnel.

Atsui watched Konpeki walk away then turned towards Ellisif. "Well you arrived at an interesting point Santô Hei. But I am pleased to have you here with us. As you have probably surmised there was an attack a short while ago, and equipment and personnel were taken. I plan to get both back and make those responsible pay."

She opened the boxes that Kiku had delivered and checked the contents. She pulled out large plastic bag, and small box. "Okay Diamonds, here is some equipment I ordered for us after we arrived. There is a Type 31 Field Uniform for each of you, and a Type 32 Flashlight. Get them along with the equipment that Munkata-Hei has arranged with our SSS friends.

I'm sure most of you would like to head right out after our attackers, and I would as well. But if we have learned anything this evening, it is that whoever these people are. They have several tactical advantages, they know the terrain, they have those camouflage suits, and lastly they have our people.

We have a storm coming in, and our Intelligence Officer needs some time to get us what information she can. So take your gear back to the Sleeper, stow it next to your bunk. You got an hour and a half to get your gear stowed and grab some sleep. I need everyone of you as alert as possible. We meet at the command room in two hours dressed and ready to move out. Eika-Heisho will brief us there."

Atsui picked up the other supplies that Yaeko had arranged and headed towards the sleeper module, following her own advice. Her mood as tumultuous as the morning sky was.

From the back of the assembled squadron Silic's red haired head peeked up and looked down at the assorted equipment on the ground. “Ooo, stuff!” he exclaimed, gently pushing through to collect his new kit, not noticing the new arrivals. He examined the weapons for a few seconds before opening up the new uniforms, looking down at his own bloodstained shirt this was definitely and improvement. Finally, the flashlight.

He activated it experimentally, the little device slowly floated upwards beaming in front of his face. He giggled almost childishly as he pushed it with his finger and it slowly hovered back into position with a tiny protesting sound.

Ellisif cast a look of derision at the playful and inquisitive Silic after she'd finished speaking with the Chui, once there was a chance she looked around the Nepleslian figure to check out the equipment laid out before them.

"Let me gather my equipment before you break it all." She muttered quietly, throwing a look to the side.

Atsui entered the sleeper module, and unpacked her new equipment. After doing a quick check of the items, she stored them in her foot locker. She then removed her uniform and climbed into her bunk to grab a nap. One thing she had learned in her years of service, it was how to grab sleep when the opportunity came. There would be plenty to do when they had intel.

-----------------------------

Konpeki entered the CRDM that the prisoners had been placed in. She instructed the SSS Security personnel to step out of the module and secure the entrances. She then laid out a set of implements that she had gathered to facilitate her investigation. Once the doors were secured she took a moment to consider which of the prisoners to start with.

Yaeko grabbed one of the uniforms and flashlights that the Chui was handing out before going over to the pile of equipment that she had gathered. She reached down and grabbed one of the Westech Trench Shotguns, along with two boxes of ammo. She also grabbed one of the Longbolts, which she slung over her back, a box of standard Longbolt ammo, a box of HE Longbolt ammo, several yards of rope, two NSP mags to replenish her stock, and two glowsticks, in case of emergency. She figured the rest of the stuff she wouldn't need in an emergency, so it would simply be available to the squadron when needed, and if they got separated it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Her stuff in hand, Yaeko went over to the Sleeper. She went over to the footlocker and spent at least ten minutes nicely placing everything inside, and double-checking that the safeties were on. She then slipped on the new uniform, figuring she wouldn't want to change later, changed her current NSP magazines, and replaced the empty one on her belt, along with her new flashlight. Once she was done she took off the utility belt and slipped into bed, holding the utility belt on her chest.

Ellisif did indeed grab her equipment before Silic could break any of it, and then shortly made her way toward hers Sleeper. Setting out everything in her locker according to standard regimental procedure she then undressed and neatly slipped under the sheets for a quick cat nap.

Silic looked around with a somewhat startled expression as he realised he was the last one by the supplies and that everyone else had disappeared. With a small amount of reluctance he stopped torturing the hovering flashlight and collected everything in front of him before walking over to the Sleeper module. He eased his own footlocker open with his foot before dumping everything but the weapons and clothes in it in a mess, he took a cautious glance around before grabbing the camoflage uniform and darting into a slightly more private area in a darkened patch outside the CDRM.

He came back wearing the new uniform, folding his previous, slightly bloody, shirt on top of his footlocker. He eased himself on to the bed, slowly leaned sideways onto the pillow, boots climbed up and over the bed frame. Light snoring quickly followed.

Ninety minutes later, the lights in the sleeper module began to alternate between off and on, accompanied by a chime.

Atsui rolled out of her bunk, "Okay Diamonds, rise and shine. Time to earn our paychecks." She called out as she opened her locker.

She pulled out her field uniform and put it on quickly. She then added her extra gear for the foray into the forest. God damn it, I'm a pilot not Infantry. I would rather be flying at 5,000 meters blasting these jerks. But no, because the 2XF is still short handed, we have to go slugging off on foot.

Once she was fully geared, she made her way to the doorway, she looked over her shoulder. "Command Center in 10 minutes. Do not be late." she called out and stepped into the mist.

Yaeko sat up and stretched at the wakeup alert. She stood up, put on her utility belt, and quickly grabbed the small amount of equipment she had placed in her locker. Shotgun in hand, and Longbolt slung across her back, she followed Atsui out of the Sleeper just a few seconds after Atsui left.

Silic responded by rolling forward slowly, tipping closer to the edge in front of him until at last he fell over and hit the floor with a thump. His eyes opened halfway, “I should have joined to Air Force.” he muttered, before his eyes sprang open the rest of the way “Oh wait!”

He pushed himself up and carefully began pulling on his new kit, equipping whatever seemed useful leaving some of the items he'd acquired yesterday. He picked up the shotgun, and began shoving extra ammo in various pockets, leaving the Longbolt leaning against the foot of his bed. “Time to go hunt bad guys.” he said to himself, strapping on his helmet as he walked outside.

Ellisif was ready in a flash as the announcement sounded, her morning ritual was a minute long dash, grab, twirl, push and pull, as she loaded herself with equipment that had been arranged for easy retrieval and wear before bed.

Fresh from a cat nap she strode out to the compound and toward the briefing area with all weapons holstered, a sleek palm steadying the stock as her slender frame marched toward the Command Centre.

Silic followed last, being the slowest out of the barracks, his weapon cradled casually under one arm while the other covered part of his visor as he yawned loudly. He sniffed as his head tilted back down and looked at the other members of the squadron walking ahead of him, he started whistling quietly in a semblance of a marching tune, managing to make it sound quite broken.

Atsui strode into the Command Module and did a quick look around. She spotted Konepki standing at the table with a volumetric image above it. It looked like Aqueous from where she stood.

As she approached, Kayo, the brown haired NH-29 who was the squadron's admin handed her a cup of coffee. Atsui took it and smiled at Kayo, "Thank you Kayo-Hei, its going to be a long day."

She walked over and stood next to Konpeki looked at the image while she sipped the warm life restoring nectar.

-------------------

Lynn rolled out of bed with a groan, she had rested, but was never quite able to fall asleep. The events of the evening replayed every time her eyes closed. So when she stood up and grabbed her gear. It took her a bit longer to get dressed because some of her stuff was not in the order she wanted.

She watched Silic walk out the door, and she narrowed her eyes. Ugly, old, stupid man, can't fight... she thought.

Lynn made her way out and walked with a quick pace to catch up to the others. As she approached she could hear Silic whistling as he walked. Smug bastard, he's actually happy. As she passed him she stopped and put a hand out to stop him.

"Tin-Man, try not to slow us down today. Do not expect me to come to your rescue if you go charging into the enemy like you did earlier. I might just shoot you in the back to keep you safe. You have already done enough harm to my reputation with the Chui." she said with menace in her eyes and voice.

She then turned and stalked off towards the command center.

Yaeko followed Atsui to the Command and entered a few seconds after her. She approached and bowed. "Reporting, Chui! Any new updates since a couple hours ago?" She adjusted her weaponry and gear around as she said this, since the bow had made a majority of her equipment shift.

Silic held up and could only look at Lynn in stunned silence. As she walked away he slowly started working again, “Safe?” He thought to himself “Well, at least she lets me know she cares.” somewhat sarcastic on the last part as he got under way again towards the command centre.

As he stepped inside the first think he noticed was Atsui, or more specifically what she was holding in her hand. Silics mouth worked in an almost psychotic reaction, then he noticed who she was standing next to. Trying to bury his head further into the helmet he began walking stiffly towards the far corner from Konpeki, trying to stay out of sight.

Ellisif reported promptly to the briefing area, heading straight to Atsui-chui, she'd spotted her new squadmates but had apparently ignored them as she marched along toward as ordered, back straight, shoulders squared and eyes front wearing a mask of seriousness that was all too unfriendly. Despite the rigid posture her movements were agile and slender as the ever graceful NH29 body she'd been afforded guided her onward with care.

"Sekimizu Ellisif, Santo-hei reporting for duty commander." She said with a deep bow, arms clapped to her thighs, as she laid eyes on the commander. She stood frozen still looking at her superior officer with a look of deference as she awaited her orders.

Atsui acknowledged Ellisif with a brief slight nod. "Eika-Heisho, please proceed with your Intel briefing." she said looking at the black haired Neko.

Konpeki took a brief moment to survey the room, her eyes catching an individual seeming to avoid her gaze. She made a mental note to check into who that was.

She entered a few commands into the command table, "Certainly Chui. Our guests were initially reluctant to cooperate. A condition that I was able to correct.

The attacker's are a group of smugglers/pirates. Their base of operation is a cave located about fifteen miles east of our position. They have been looting this and several other ruin sites for several months. The ship they arrived in crashed into the forest. Their comrades have been coming here in three month intervals. They gather what has been collected, leave supplies and parts so they can work on their ship.

Seems that several of the smugglers have come down with an unknown sickness. Which is partly why they attacked the camp to gather medical supplies, and medically trained personnel.

There is division in their group, which may be something you can exploit. Some of them were opposed to attacking, and wanted to just see about securing travel off world. The others are considering the idea of attacking and taking the SSS ship."

She paused and adjusted the screen. "The smugglers have traps laid along the main trails to the camp. And the camp itself is fortified with a wooden wall, to keep out the wild life.

The smugglers have mostly small arms, and one Kylie that may or may not be operational. Also as we have seen they do know how to camouflage themselves with the local flora. It gives them a form of stealth against sensors."

Konpeki looked at Lynn then Atsui, "The only viable approach will be to travel under the canopy. The SSS have offered us two of their Ke-K1-1B Light Utility Trucks. They are electric so we could use them to get fairly close with fear of the engines being heard.

I suggest that we use them to get within a mile or two of their camp and then proceed on foot. We can also take an Akira-class Hoverbike to scout ahead. We will need the trucks to help transport any of the expedition that we can liberate. I also suggest that the trucks avoid the main paths, as they are likely to be monitored by sentries."

Atsui thought for a moment, Land navigation with no clear line of sight or the sky, wonderful. She then said, "We should probably get some of the Wrist watches from the survival kit. That will give us compasses to help us stay on track. Sekimizu-Hei, there should be four in our Squadron equipment. Go fetch them quickly."

Yaeko contemplated their situation a moment before speaking. "Chui, what of support fire? I feel in may be a viable option, once we get near the camp, to have two or three Nekovalkyrja anti-gravity up to some of the canopy level branches. This way, they can use Longbolts to take out any initial sentries from a distance, clearing the way for the rest of the squadron, and the provide support and cover fire for the duration of the operation. Also, if they each bring a magazine of 6 rounds of HE, which I made sure to include in the equipment, then we will have long range support fire in case of enemy vehicle or armor intervention, which would be exceptionally useful if they do, in fact, have a Kylie M3 operational. Also, there will also be the chance that the Kylie may be out in the open, so having that initial cover fire could help us to eliminate the armor right off the bat, giving us a serious advantage, and instilling surprise and fear into our enemies."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back