• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

Atsui grinned at Yaeko's suggestion and made a mental note for future reference. "My thoughts exactly Munkata-Hei. Also from that vantage point they can serve as spotters to guide the ground team.

Are you volunteering for fire support role Munkata-Hei? I want two people in the canopy to create a cross fire. Any one else interested in volunteering?"

Yaeko popped her head up. "Oh...shit, I mean...shoot, I mean...Yes Ma'am?" She clearly made her final statement as a question, hoping simply to get out a coherent answer. There I go again, opening my mouth. I hate that stupid gravity thing. And whose bright idea was it to give a Communications Operator some heavy weaponry? After the blushing subsided she just clamped her mouth shut and looked forward, determined on not opening her mouth again.

Sekimizu-Hei dashed off almost immediately after ordered, nodding silently to the Chui as the others continued to speak, having retrieved the equipment in double time she offered the watches quickly to those that needed them.

"Atsui-Chui, I will go where ordered, I have no opinion on where you place me."

She looked around at the others talking, taking note of Yaeko's nervousness with a look of momentary coldness.

Silic scuttled over to accept one of the watches Ellisif was giving out with a quiet thanks, he raised an eyebrow at her response to Atsui's request as he was next to her. “Fresh out of the vat?” he asked quietly, eyeing her up and down quizzically, completely oblivious to the ball of malcontent that was Lynn.

Ellisif turned a stare vacant of emotion on Silic.

"In a crude way, yes. This is my first real assignment."

She looked him over with a little feline curiosity but never broke that professional demeanor.

"Okay, so once we get there, Munkata and Yamagi will take to the canopy under the direction of our Intel Officer.

Silic you get to drive the second truck, I'll drive the first. Eika-Heisho will take the Akira Hoverbike.

Let's mount up people. If anyone else has questions, ask them along the way. Just remember, our primary objective is getting the SSS personnel back. If someone points a weapon at you with intent, do not hesitate to shoot them." Atsui said switching the screen off.

Yaeko walked over near Silic. "Tin Man, I'll ride with you until we get to their perimeter. Hoshi, do you have a Longbolt and ammo? Along with HE? Because if you don't, I'd suggest you get it before we get there. You never know when you'll only have a moments notice to get up there and shoot something, especially if that damned M3 is up and running."

Silic grunted at Ellisif's answer, “Good luck.” was all he said before shuffling sideways away from her like she was the opposite. The last few missions had been more than enough to convince Silic that bad things happened on a rookies first missions with this squadron, and he wasn't going to be around when it happened to this one.

As the briefing ended Silic felt somewhat disappointed about driving the milkvan, he'd half hoped for a chance on that hover bike even if the thing was probably a death trap. He looked over as Yaeko approached, he opened his mouth to reply but somewhat nervously shut it as she immediately called out to Lynn.

“Right, well. I'll just go prep the Type Dirty...” he excused himself quietly , heading for the door to get the truck set up.

Atsui turned to Konpeki, "So do you have anymore information for at this time?"

"No ma'am, the only other information I have is that they do not use radios. Something about the foliage, most likely the mineral content degrades the signal, bounces it, etc."

Atsui looked at the rest of her squadron, "Then let's mount up Diamonds, we have some butts to kick, and some people to save." She grabbed her gear, slung it over her shoulder and walked out.

She approached the light brown utility truck, placed her stuff in the back and climbed into the seat.

Yaeko walked over to the truck that Silic was supposed to be driving and hopped into the passenger seat. She double-checked that her weapons we loaded, and then shifted her utility belt so she could sit more comfortably. Then, she gripped her shotgun, eyes scanning the brush, returning to her paranoid self again.

Silic meanwhile had just finished finger writing on the side of his truck with dark mud, finally he pressed to imprint his hand on the panel to complete his little ceremonial naming. He stepped back to reveal “Type DIRTEH” written in blocky, angled letters and hastily underlined, the muddy hand print was at the end next to the H. He wiped his hands clean as he admired his handiwork.

Most of his kit was already in the back of the truck and the shotgun was resting along the dash in front of the drivers seat. He jumped in and landed in his seat, quickly starting the near silent engine and edging the car slightly closer towards Atsui's rear. “All aboard.”

Konpeki came out wearing her Saint Operative Field Suit. She withdrew a glittering fabric and tossed it over the Akira. She pressed a control on her wrist and the covered Akira vanished. With another touch it reappeared. She took the fabric off it and folded it up and stored it.

She slung a Ke-M4-W2901 Light Armor Service Rifle over her shoulder and climbed onto the Akira and started the craft. The grav vehicle silently floated a few feet into the air.

Konpeki moved up along side of the LUT that Atsui sat in. "With your permission ma'am I will proceed to the perimeter of the forest."

At a nod from Atsui, Konpeki drove away from the group and towards the point in the forest where they had the best entry point.

Yaeko saw Konpeki's little vanishing trick out of the corner of her eye. Giving a small sigh of disappointment she turned to Silic. "What makes them so important that they get all that cool equipment? Some of those vanishing things would be nice if you're stranded in a tree with a sniper. I mean, they get all that cool stuff, you know what Communications people get? A headset!"

Silic watched Konpeki's little trick with wide eyes beneath his helmet, fascination overcoming fear. “I need me one of those!” he thought to himself as she drove away.

He faced Yaeko “You get the budget,” he said before his head tilted towards the disappearing hoverbike “you get the toys. The rest of us are stuck with elbow grease and duct tape.”

Lynn, in her normal manner didn't say anything as she sat down in the back of the Type 30. Her only reaction was a surprised blink.

She did, however, glare at Silic from behind.

Ellisif mounted up in the type 30 as ordered, pulling the longbolt off her shoulder and onto her lap to give it a final once over before they started. Spotting Lynn in the same she watched her with a neutral expression for a moment, before turning to look at what she was so interested in as well, apparently, Silic.

Atsui looked at the other utility truck. "Yagami, or Sekimizu get over here in this LUT. There is no sense having most of the squadron riding in a single vehicle. Anyone takes a hit at that truck and we could lose four members of the Squadron."

Nodded quietly to the commander, then getting out and moving over to the vehicle she was supposed to get into.

"At once Atsui-Chui."

Once Ellisif was on board, Atsui looked around. She spotted Kayo approaching wearing the tactical gear.

"Atsui-Chui, I would like to volunteer to come on the rescue mission ma'am. I may not be a fighter pilot, but I am a soldier." The normally shy Nekovalkyrja said with conviction.

Atsui considered having the squadron's admin remain behind, but she had a point. "Hop in Kayo-Hei, you have as much right as the rest of us." she said with a grin.

"Thank you ma'am, you will not regret it." Kayo said, as she put her gear in the back of the LUT and then vaulted into the back. She pulled her gear next to her and secured her helmet.

"Okay Diamonds, roll out. Eyes sharp, our friends out there may have the same idea of having people in the canopy so anyone not driving be scanning for any sign of trouble." she called out as she started driving forward in the direction that Konpeki had left.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back