• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 3.0] Pickets and Surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eternity, I will be in medical if you need me." Katae said as she left her cabin. "I will be glad to be in space, the Aeon just does not feel right sitting her on Auxilary power." she said to herself.

She entered the Medbay and looked around briefly, and spotted Mist. "Kage-Nitô Hei, are you free? I would like to update my mental backup before we lift."

Mist looked up from cleaning the surface of the ANU in the medical center as the Taisa spoke to her. "Yes, of course, Ise-Taisa. I just finished prepping the mental backup unit a few moments ago. If you will go ahead and lie down, I will begin the process momentarily."

The Jiyuuian medic smiled and put her cleaning supplies away before heading over to the Type 30 Mental Backup Unit.

Katae crossed the room and got onto the backup unit. "Kage-Hei, I hope you will not take this wrong. While I am grateful to have you as part of the crew. It is my hope that we will not have too much need of your skills. It would make for a pleasant change of pace." she said lying back on the bed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the cargo hold an irate Hisa had driven the workers out of the hold. "Thick headed idiots... this is a ship not a warhouse. Cargo has to be carefully stacked to allow us to work." she muttered to herself.

Manning the cargo controls she deftly guided the arms to lift one of the sensor drones and stack it neatly along the starboard wall.

Trowa competed his system and pre-flight check in almost half the time it had taken him before. His new upgrades were really effective. "Eternity." He said out loud. "Would you be so kind as to inform the Taisa that I have completed the systems check. And ask if she would like me to start bringing the whole ship online and transfer power from the Auxiliary generators over to the primary generators."

"Ise-Taisa says to commence pre-launch preparation. I will notify engineering to bring main power online." Eternity replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Josea entered the power armor bay, and saw Asine checking his armor. "Im'inao-Hei, checking your gear I see. I had thought about doing the same, but I've not received word that Haruhi-Juni had de-weaponed an armor for me at the Taisa's behest."

He leaned against one of the Akira Hoverbikes, "A nice exploration mission sounds good to me, it is why I was brought on board. How about you Hei? Looking forward to checking out a new world? New challenges?"

Asine paused in his check and turned around, leaning up against his armor. "Well, it'll be a nice change in pace, I can say that. So far, we haven't done too well in combat, maybe we just need something to do. And hopefully, this mission will be that something."

Kyoka headed for the hangar after a bit of meandering around the ship for a little before realizing that she should probably go find one of her crewmates to talk to. After all, She hadn't really had much of a chance to socialize and get to know them better and it was most likely a requirement for cooperation in combat.

The Neko entered the hangar somewhat warily, peering through the entranceway to locate her companions. Trotting over to them, she greeted, "Good day."

"I understand, Taisa," Mist replied knowingly. No one wanted to see their friends and family die... the medic was well versed in both. She immediately pushed such thoughts away before beginning the update process. "Still..." she began, "I am grateful for the company, Ise-Taisa." The Jiyuuian smiled faintly as the backup unit began its work.

Katae smiled, "Its good to have a full time medic onboard. Regardless of our mission. If you need anything be sure to let me know." She said then relaxed as the backup process continued. Since she was only updating her backup the process was not very long, Katae believed in updating her backup as often as convenient.

When the unit switched off Katae sat up. As she swung her legs off the bed she looked at Mist. "Let me know when you have completed the crew backups and any physicals that are due. Otherwise I will expect to see you at dinner this evening." She said and then exited the room.

Katae made her way to the bridge and took her seat. "Status Yamamoo-Hei?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Josea nodded to Kyoka, "Good day Tsubei-Hei, I was just saying to Im'inao-Hei how I was looking forward to an exploratory mission. As a Science Advisor my usefullness in a combat situation is limited."

"Yeah, isn't the Aeon meant to be a mainly noncombat ship?" The Neko asked, thinking back to her earlier briefings. It was clear that she was not very knowleable on the subject by the look of befuddlement on her face. "Or am I getting it confused with something else?"

Josea shrugged, "I know that when I was brought aboard before the war broke out, I was told she was an exploration ship. But war can change things. But from my discussion with the Taisa at least for this mission we are more oriented towards exploration.

After all there is a lot of unexplored space, the Empire needs resources to survive. And I believe this sensor network we are supposed to be deploying is meant to help the Star Army detect and track enemy ship movement to counter them.

Well, I will see you two later. I better get to the bridge for when the Taisa wants to lift."

Josea waved and left the bridge.

Trowa was working on the pre-launch sequence when the Taisa entered the bridge. The Itto Hei stood, bowed, then began his report. "Ma'am. I'm bringing all systems online now. As soon as engineering reports that the main power generators and engines are working at 100%, I'll ask port control if we can get the hell out of here, Ma'am." He added hastily at the end. His Nepleslian heritage was showing again.

Oshiro Arkase found himself outside the medical bay soon after the briefing was over. The Taisa had beaten him to it though, and so he waited silently until she had left before entering.

"Kage-Nitô Hei?" Arkase inquired the moment he passed the threshold.

"Thank you, Ise-Taisa," Mist smiled back at her commanding officer. "I will do that." After the backup unit was finished, the medic began recalibrating the machine for the next use.

In response to the Taisa's final comment, she merely bowed and replied, "Of course, Taisa. I will see you then." Once the Taisa had left the medical bay, the blonde Jiyuuian returned to her work.

Only a few moments seemed to have gone by when Mist heard her name called. "Yes?" She turned towards the voice to find a tall Yamataian at the doorway of the medical bay. "How may I help you?"

"You're new to the crew, so I figured my visit here would knock out two birds with one stone: I am Oshiro Arkase-Nitô Heisho, and with the exception of the busy Haruhi-Juni, I am the senior NCO aboard the Aeon. That will probably mean we'll need to deal with one another quite a bit, so let's try and get along.

As for the second Bird, I need a mental back-up to be done if you have a moment to do so." He said.

Arkase sized the Jiyuuian up, and came to the conclusion that he didn't know enough about her to make any conclusions. Time would tell whether she would be a dependable addition to team or not.

Mist bowed politely to her superior, "A pleasure to meet you, Oshiro-Heisho. I hope that we can get along as well. I promise not to make any trouble for you." She then turned to make sure that the recalibration of the backup unit was complete. It was, so she continued, "The backup unit is ready to perform again. Please sit down, Oshiro-Heisho. It should only take a moment." Two down... she thought to herself.

Hisa having rearranged the the cargo bay to her satisfaction sent a message to the bridge via the intercom.

"Bridge, Usaga-Hei, FTL Sensor drones are stowed. En-route to engineering."

She then made her way forward to the engineering. She accessed the generator control console, and initiated reactor start-up. She watched as the system performed its self check and then started up the reactor. Each step completed flawlessly and soon the turbines were spinning at optimum speed at which point she engaged the generators. The hum of the generators and the other systems coming online were like music to Hisa. They made her feel at home.

With power stable she routed it through the main systems, environmental and the engines.

"Bridge, Engineering. Main Power is online. Engines will be ready to respond to orders in five minutes." she sent to the bridge.

Asi nodded in response to Josea's parting words, and turned back to his work. He wished that he could come up with a good excuse to customize his armor, but he didn't think it would be approved at this point. Not with their current mission, anyway. "So, Tsubei-Hei. You ready for the mission?"

"Well, I guess I'm as ready as I can be. It's only the second mission and it's something completely different than the first. Hopefully." Kyoka remarked, leaning against a nearby crate. "It'd be nice if it was a 'come-and-go' mission, you know?"

"What are the odds on that? I mean, with the way our luck has been going so far." Asi shrugged, finishing up his tinkering. He turned back to Kyoka and smiled. "We should be fine no matter what though. I really hope so, since any native creature dangerous enough to damage one of our armors would probably have been discovered before now, or so it would be hoped." He paused, glancing towards the door. "Do you know if Haruhi-Juni is going to meet us down here, or are we just waiting for orders?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back