• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.1] Menace in the dark

Yamato

Elisto was just off the ship when he heard the PA announcement and glanced about the bay. Taisa wants to see me? And someone else as well... hmmm.. wonder who this other person is, guess I'll find out, he said as he shifted the position of his bag to his other other shoulder and started walking through the bay and then down the corridor.

Despite how long he had been serving onboard starships, it still amazed him at how big some were. He hadn't memorized the Yamato's ship very well so he had to rely on the computer to tell him where he had to go, when he got close to the office he took in a breath to calm his already tired nerves, then gently knocked on the door.

"Itto-Hei Tereane Elisto reporting as ordered sir!" he announced himself and waited for a response.

Yamato

Just as Errowyn stepped into the Mess when the PA system came alive

"Yumeoibito-Hei, Tereane-Hei, Report immediately to Ikeda-Taisa immediately in his office."

"Miaorrrow!!" in fustration as her stomach agreed with her, turning from the mess, and nearly colliding with another officer coming in.

With quick reflexes, managed to prevent to collision to the snide remarks of "grace" "I hope you don't fly your kawarine the way you walk..." turning abit red as she fled the insults, making her way up to Ikeda-Taisa's office.

Seeing another person there wearing the darker uniform of SAINT, she slowed down and walked like everything was under control as he pushed the announcer button.

Quickly running her hands over her clean uniform, and looking at it to make sure everything was in order. waited to allowed in. Giving the man a quick nod and a shy smile.

The Taisa's door opened, and a baritone voice called out, "Enter."

The office before them was decorated somewhere between bare and spartan. The only distinctive feature was the Star Army Flag on the wall behind the Taisa.

Ikeda Chiyo-Taisa sat behind his desk, his short brown hair combed perfectly. He blue eyes looked at the two soldiers standing outside his door.

Yamato

Elisto gave the other soldier a faint smile before the doors parted and he entered with a respectful bow as per regulations. He gave a quick glance at the insides but in the presence of an officer he didn't allow his curiousity to influence his movements.

Letting the Man go first, giving her time for a quick scan of the room, taking in everything she could as she came up beside him, and giving a quick proper deep bow.

Errowyn straighten, looking forward at a point above Ikeda-Taisa's head at attention. Praying her stomach would remain quiet during this meeting.

Chiyo waited a moment for the soldiers to report properly, when it did not happen he thought Not sure what to think, Green soldiers normally Report or worse salute with extra gusto. Guess I should be happy they did not salute, but their next commander might not be forgiving.

"Be seated. I wanted to speak to you regarding the recent series of events that you both were participants in regarding the Akagane."

Yamato

Elisto felt he was forgetting something, though he didn't know what, since he had already announced himself earlier and had bowed. Then again, he was also worn out and somewhat tired after what had gone on through the day but he wasn't about to show it to the Taisa and hid it behind a wall of confidence. He was a good judge of observation though and felt that the captain was obviously waiting on something, it took his mind several moments before he mentally slapped himself for forgetting protocal. How can I be so dense...

"My apologies sir," Elisto said quickly just after the captains spoke told them to sit, although it was probably to late, it was better late than never. "Itto-Hei Tereane Elisto, reporting as ordered sir!" he gave another bow out of respect for the captains rank, even though he had said it just before entering he felt it was a good measure to say it again. Then again, in the back of his mind he realized that saying it at the door wasn't exactly proper either and he mentally made note to look up procedures next time as a reminder - after all - the last thing he wanted to do was make the same mistake twice and make someone think he was inept.

He then glanced over at the chair and took a seat, his back straight and eyes forward, waiting for the captain to ask him questions. He was ready, though he was noticably nervous. I've done this numerous times on the force, why am I nervous? It's not really all that different. I'm just in the military now, then again, maybe that's the reason. Before I was responsible for the lives of a single ship and those who I was tasked with protecting. In the military, and in SAINT, I'm tasked with the lives of everyone in the Empire and the military together, I need to stay focused and not be nervous, he took in a few small breaths as the tightening in his chest began to go away slowly. His mind clear, and ready.

Then it dawned on her that she had made the same mistake as the other soldier, by not completing the ritual of Reporting to a Superior officer. After the other soldier spoke, she softly spoke, "Santo-hei Yumeoibito apologyze for being impolite to a superior officer." Pausing briefly then continues. "Yumeoibito Santo-hei reports as ordered, sir."

Then bowed again and sat in the offered seat next to Elisto as her stomach decided to make it's presence known with a soft rumble, face turning a soft shade of pink of embarrassment. Sitting at attention. Alert and reflecting back on her first combat mission.

Chiyo leaned forward in his chair, "I had you come to my office so that I could make you aware of the implications of the recent events. I understand that Yumeoibito-Hei has already been debriefed.

Once you, Tereane-Hei, have been debriefed. These orders will take place. All information regarding the Akagane encounter is considered Classified as need to know. This is not our first encounter with this species, and we have conflicting information on them. Because you both were involved in this encounter, you may speak about it together provided there is no one else around.

But, given the current status of the war, the last thing we need is rumors of a possible new enemy.

Discussing this matter with anyone not already aware of their presence could be construed as treason. Do I make myself clear on this Hei's?"

Errowyn looked thoughtful for several minutes as surely the news would get out somehow as there was at least three others that was involved in the encounter. It was a simple request and yet even she was "blooded", it wouldn't be in her record and concidered a raw recruit from the Station that gave life to her.

"Hai!..." softly, looking at Ikeda-Taisa, "... Ikeda-Taisa."

It was obvious she had questions, but she refrained from asking them. And now confirmed that she was going to get a new Kawarine assigned to her.

Being abit bold, "Taisa? How will I explain my lateness in reporting into my new command if this whole incident is classified?" Already thinking about the future. Life sure threw interesting curves at a person.

Elisto had already been expecting this, his training in SAINT had prepared him for classified details. So it came as little surprise when the Taisa informed them both that this was a classified matter and that they couldn't talk about it to anyone but themselves - and he 'did' in fact plan on takling to Errowyn about her encounter. He wanted to build a profile of this enemy, perhaps find out more about them as time went on, when he wasn't busy with other matters that required his attention of course.

I know only of what happened in the ship, my fellow -hei knows what happened outside, with her help I can probably figure more things out, his expression was thoughtful and he was already analyzing the next thing to do on his list. Granted, he still had to debrief.

As he was about to speak up, but Errowyn beat him and he gave her a slight glance from the corner of his right eye and listened for the Taisa's response.

Chiyo smiled, "You do not need to worry about that Yumeoibito-Hei. Your service record will be updated with a redacted account of the Search and Rescue. So your commander will know that you were involved in a live mission.

Just so you know, all other members of the Search and Rescue who are under my command have already been given the same orders.

For the remainder of the trip to Daichi, you are on leave. Make the most of it."

Elisto didn't get the answer he was hoping for, of course, it wasn't exactly the question he had in mind. He looked away from his fellow -hei and toward the Taisa.

When he gave it a bit more thought, his expresison changing to show that he was thinking, he realized that the answer was right there in front of him. My own record will be altered just slightly as well, redacted to remove any details of what actually happened in the ship, then again, he had to make certain. "Sir? Am I right to assume that my own record will be altered, with the removal of the events that transpired on ship?" he asked.

Chiyo smiled, "Yes, but then that is nothing new for SAINT, your public records are often redacted. However, in your case your official record that will be sent to SAINT will be intact. I would recommend that you gather what information you want for your report as soon as possible, before such resources become unavailable."

Errowyn listened to the other two speak and curious at hearing she was on Leave Status...

She blinked and looked thoughtful, "is there anything else, Taisa?" Tensing up and leaning forward to stand, yet hesitated to show she was still attentive.

"My thanks sir," Elisto gave a curt bow of his head then glanced over at his fellow -hei.

His report was nearly completed, all he needed to do now was figure out whether he would send the book and knife along or keep them for further analyze, he would make that kind of a request during debrief and defer to the recommendations of his fellow operative. He had also nearly forgotten about one item that he had on his person, an item that was dropped during the pursuit in the maintenance tunnels.

Chiyo shook his head and smiled, "No, there is nothing else at the moment. You both earned some down time, I would suggest taking a nice long hot shower, a change of clothing and get a hot meal and maybe visit one of the bars. You are dismissed."

Errowyn stood up, gave a quick salute and bow. Then she was out of the office like a shot, heading to the Ship's Mess, hoping to beat the closing time of it. She was starved. As much as she hated shipboard food, but it was something to keep her going.

She sprinted through the corridors and stairs, bypassing the elevators as there was a wait on them and they was usually crowded at this time.

Elisto stood and likewise bowed, but before he could do anything more he watched as his fellow -hei left the room in the fashion she did. With a slight raise of his eye-brow he shook his head. You never run out of a superior officers office, he wished he could hide his surprise but it was a bit evident on his face, he then turend toward the Taisa and bowed a second time out of respect for the man and his rank.

"I shall go ahead and get debriefed then sir," Elisto then said and grabbed his pack and left the Taisa's office with a since of confidence and determination. He was hungry yes, he had to agree with the slight growl he heard from the other -hei's stomach, but it would have to wait until later.

Errowyn would find that the cafeteria was fully staffed and still serving meals. Most of the people present were wearing the distinctive panels that marked fighter pilots. Logic would indicate that most of these were pilots who participated in the search and rescue for the Akagane.

----------------------------------------------

When Elisto stepped out of the Taisa's office an officer wearing black panels was standing waiting for him. "Tereane-Hei, unless you require medical attention, kindly come with me and we will commence your debriefing."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back