• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.1] Menace in the dark

Elisto gave a curt nod of his head and followed the officer.

The debrief was a tense one for him, he had gone through debriefing once before but then again he'd never had to explain things in such crisp fine detail before.

He explained everything to the officer, even showing him footage that had been taken, pointing our areas of interest including the sabotage of the ships turbines and also the attempt to throw him off the intruders tail. He also showed images of the two dead crewmen, including the Heisho who had been shot in the head and died instantly.

During the debrief he also explained the attempt to destroy sensors and communications, managing to disarm the explosives in time before any damage could be done.

The ordeal in medical and later the storage area was explained next, detailing everything that had gone on from how he used the intruders own explosives against him and how the device that had been set up was an EMP bomb that had gone off shortly after he killed the intruder.

He also explained the presence of a beacon that was launched into the Akagane, stating that he was able to detach it from the hull but that he has no real idea what happened to it afterwords as his attention had been focused on repairing the hull breach.

Ending the debriefing, he took out the book and knife that he had found in the intruders sleeping area along with the device that he had recovered in the maintenance hatch. He explained that he felt the book had some tactical value, but that there was no way to translate it yet, he also explained that he could probably translate the book given enough time and once it was done he would transmite his results. Though in the back of his mind, he felt the device he had gotten in the pursuit may help shed some light. It took some convincing, but he was able to keep the book, though he knew that translating it would require him to do so only when no one was around - since he didn't want to run the risk of people freaking out.

With the briefing over, he bid his fellow officer a fairwell and bowed respectfully to the man. His entire report, everything, including the footage was given to the officer.

he let out a sigh of relief, he was tense and nervous, and needed something to eat. He'd stop by his temporary quarters first to off-load his bag, then get something to eat.

Mess :: Yamato

Errowyn smiled as she walked right up to the serving area and gotten her tray of food still warm. She looked around for a seat near the fighter pilots that was still present. Seeing Scrambler waving to her her, she made her way over to the table an sat when Scrambler removed his hat from her seat as he was reserving it for her.

"Thanks, Scrambler," Softly spoke as she took her seat, being respectful as he was her flight leader for the sorty they went on.

She glanced at the others at the table, putting call names to faces as Scrambler intro'ed the others that responded under Scrambler command for the search and rescue of the Akagane. They responded with a nod to her as their names were mentioned.

Errowyn began to eat with good manners and dainty bites, cutting her food into smaller chunks. She listened to the other's critique her performance out there. But they congradulated her on her two kills and surviving her first sortie against an unknown enemy. She took their words to heart. A well earned lesson in the heat of combat that she survived to learn it.

She simply nodded, liking the feeling of being accepted into a group. Even though it was temporary at least. "I hate to break the bad news to you guys. Taisa put me on leave status till we reach our destination."

She could see the changing expressions on each of the pilots' faces at hearing that news from from her. "I didn't get no breaks after my first combat run!"

"You're to ugly to be let loose on the ship," as the arguement ensued over her sudden gift of leave aboard a ship out on patrol.

"Guys?! I-I..." but she was overridden by the other two involved in agruing and insulting each other good naturely.

Getting a shake from Scrambler to drop it and relaxed with his after dinner drink. "They always argue over pointless things. Count yourself very lucky, Dreamchaser, that you are able to chase what ever dream you have."

"I am." Errowyn looked at Scrambler, "Thanks for being there for me, out there."

Scrambler nodded, "Good spotting that beacon that was ejected from the Akagane and finding the bogeys like you did. Most would've written off the bogeys as debri from the asteriod chunk and the Akagane."

Errowyn gave a small smile of acceptance at the praise she recieved from Scrambler. "What will I do now that I've been taken off the duty roster?"

"Like any good pilot! Visit the ship's cantena! Get drunk and unwind." Scrambler smiled at her. She had great potentual and she showed it in the sortie against the unknowns. "You did real good out there and dont let anyone tell you any different. We all make mistakes and live to tell about them. I'd been very upset if anyone had gotten killed out there. I liked the way you relayed information when you got it quickly to us."

"we're a team and I figured everyone had a right to know what was happening so none went into battle blind." Errowyn reflected back to her testing days when all they were given a route to fly and they had to stick to it till recalled back to base, which anything could happen and did. She hated flying blind when the Scout ship failed to report what they came across till to late to do anything about it and she wasn't gonna be that person who kept valuable information to herself. "it's better to share info, so those who were more experience could make informed decisions in a timely manner, Sir..." Looking up at Scrambler.

"You did excellent. I was kinda worried you would freeze up, keeping the info to yourself, second guessing yourself and the rest of us. Remember the good things and learn from the mistakes." He smiled as Errowyn finished her meal. "I dont care what your next command is like. Share the info as soon as you get it and it may save lives. I'd like to see you in a few years from now leading your own wing of fighters."

With that they all stood up, grabbing their trays and moving over to the disposal area to get rid of residue from their meal. She wished she could stay with this crew, but she was enroute to the 21rst. She nodded to the guys as they left the table, leaving her to her thoughts and her meal to finish.

Cabins

Elisto stretched wide as he stood in his temporarily assigned cabin, his bag on the bed and his mind settled on the next most important thing: food, which is stomach was rather keen on reminding him of by growling at him.

He made certain that everything of his was in order, the book he had was stashed on his person and wouldn't be easy to steal, not that he was worried that would happen but there was always the chance.

"Ah well, better get me something to eat to tie me over," he said and made one last check to make sure he had everything on him. Then he left his cabin, making certain the door was secure before heading up to the mess hall and inside.

Glancing about curiously for a moment, he grabbed a tray and got himself something to eat then started looking for a place to sit. Nearly every table had someone at it, his eyes soon fell upon the -hei he had just been with only a few minutes ago. Hmm... he rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment then walked over to the table.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked kindly.

Cafeteria :: Yamato

Errowyn looked up to see the Officer that was with her in the Tasia's office, she nodded, "hai," waving him to the available seat took another bite of her food.

She watched him, wondering what he wanted. But you could never tell with SAINT personel. And having no dealings with them before and he was the same rank as she was, he posed no threat to her.

She could feel through the ship's decking and the harmonics change as the ship resumed it's course and hearing the whispered conversations as the ship returned to normal flight activities and seeing the glances over at their table, the curious looks and quick showing of disinterest as if it didn't concern them from the more senior crews.

Elisto gave a curt nod of his head as he took a seat and set his tray down on the table. He looked about the room, his eyes analyzing every face and every action of every crew member there.

He often disliked his on-guard attitude, but it had always served him well in the past and he felt it served him exceptionally well during the tour on the Akagane. "So, was this you're first mission?" he asked, sensing that it was but wanting to make certain as he looked down at his food for a moment before eating some of it while waiting for a response from his fellow -hei.

Errowyn gave the question some thought and nodded, "hai," softly, glancing at him for a few seconds as she resumed eating. Then spoke again, "it feels like I'm being grounded for something I did wrong. Even though everyone conciders it a success."

She was relaxed, ignoring the glances sent their way from the others as she was used to being checked out as the new kid on the block.

"You was on the Akagane?" Setting her eating utinsels on her tray and reaching for her drink.

Elisto gave a light smile as he took a bite out of his food and waited until it had gone down before talking. "I was, interesting experience, and as much as I want to say more about it," he glanced about the cafeteria for a moment. "Can't really do so," he shrugged lightly and returned to his food.

"From the way I see it, don't worry, I'm sure there is a reason why you aren't flying right now," he gave her a reassuring smile. "Military works in some strange ways it does."

Errowyn nodded as Kyle changed the subject, "I'm finished here. You got anything planned or you want to head on down to the ship's Cantena with me?" Standing up as she set her empty glass on the food tray.

Showing she could change the subject just as easily. It was kinda nice to not to have to worry about duty for the next few days. At least she could go more indepth on her scholastic studies.

A faint smile appeared on his face. Interesting... he thought as he finished off his food then got up and tossed his trash in the can, he then set the tray on a rack and walked back over the Erroywn. "I'm game, though here's a bit of advice. In the military, we don't salute," he winked.

Errowyn smirked at him and pivoting towards the door, leaving the Cafeteria, "when in doupt, whip it out!" she called back over her shoulder at him.

Enroute to the Cantena :: Yamato

Slowing briefly to let him catch up to her, "So, where was you going on that Freighter, before you got delayed?" Looking up at him. "Unless that is classified also..." letting her voice fade to nothing, giving him the option of telling her or not.

Elisto avoided commenting on what Errowyn had just said as a simple thought flew through his mind that he really had to wonder where it came from.

He took a quick glance around, the events surrounding the ship were of importance to him due to his position. "Classified when people are around," even though he knew that was probably not what the Taisa meant, he often wanted to play things safe and was always cautious, the old saying that used to fly in the police force 'loose lips sink ships' even though this information wouldn't sink a starship, it could potentially sink morale if people took it the wrong way.

"Better to discuss this stuff when no one else is around," he winked and continued following her. "Which now I think about it, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do before you entered the service?"

Yamato

Errowyn looked thoughtful as she never really gave thought about it. Looked at him. "I-...." was all she said as she looked ahead and mutters, "...Don't know....Probaly Areospace Pilot training," blinks a few times as she moves gracefully on.

"What did you do before the military?" Looking at him again, "And quit being so secretive! I'm sure that you can talk about that?" looking hopeful at him. "Can you?"

Yamato

"Hard to talk about something I don't know the details of," he winked. "Which basically means I don't know what the freighters destination was, the captain was never able to brief me on those details, as all of our trouble started just a short while after I arrived - not ten minutes after actually" he sent via encrypted telepathy to Errowyn.

Elisto then thought about her other question. "I was a police officer, serving as a starship captain onboard a police issued gunship patroling along the border, was tasked with protecting merchent shipping and intercepting criminals," he recalled that service and hoped to one day get in command of his own ship again but right now, he would settle for just being behind the controls of a fighter. Hah... saint personnel are rarely behind fighters from what I've come to read," still, it didn't hurt to be hopeful.

Cantena :: Yamato

Errowyn nodded, aknowledging his telepathic message as she listened to him speak. She smiled breifly, "Now that didn't hurt?" She teased abit as they entered the Cantena.

Turning to the harried bartender, she ordered a glass of orange juice and taking it to a vacant booth along the wall. She settled down and waited for Elisto.

Cantena :: Yamato

Elisto gave a mild shake of his head at the teasing, he was liking the girl. To bad this will probably be the only time I see her, would be interesting to work alongside, he said with a mental sigh as he made a hand gesture to the bartender for the same kind of drink that Errowyn had.

"Patroling the border, and protecting merchents, not always an easy thing," Elisto spoke as he took a seat. "Especially with the NMX around," he sighed and glanced off away from the girl, remembering that ambush vividly as if it had only just happened. Lost to many good people. He then took a sip of his drink.

Scrambler looked at his communicator as he entered the Cantina. He walked over towards Errowyn and said, "Hey, Dreamchaser, just wanted to say good luck with you posting. You are alright in my book. I would have you as my wingman anytime."

After that he joined other pilots who were waiting for him and left to go to their squadron briefing room.

Errowyn nodded to Scrambler with an acknowledging smile and dip of head in leiu of the formal bow of respect, seeing he was busy, turned her attention to Elisto.

"The hated enemy of the Empire..." pausing to take a sip of her drink, then continuing, "Have you seen any of the NMX, personally?" wondering if he would make a good ECW officer to fly as second officer aboard the Kawarime as she had noticed that the one she flew had a vacant seat for one. And being on a carrier, a lot of fighters were piloted by single occupant where the fighter pilot did both jobs as ECW and pilot gunner.

"I-i am apologyze for being intrusive." She was curious and probaly overstepped her bounds with him being Saint, "I'm curious is all."

"Don't worry about it, it's always good to get to know a fellow soldier," Elisto smiled and then got to her question. "I've seen an NMX Soldiers personally, though my last encounter with them however was purely ship to ship. They were responsible for me losing my gunship along with three fourth of my crew, including some damn good officers to," he was going to end it there but then he continued, figuring that maybe she be curious and he knew that his old friends wouldn't mind him explaining it.

Elisto took a sip of his drink then glanced up at the ceiling lights. "NMX Laid an ambush, cleaver bastards used a civilian freighter they had captured and activated it's distress call. Normally we'd send in a recon squad but the distress call mentioned that they were in the process of being boarded so our fleet admiral took a gamble and sent us in, big mistake," he shook his head. "The moment we exited fold-space they opened fire, took out several other gunships in the span of only a few seconds."

He looked down at his drink and then swiraled the contents about with his finger before continuing. "They were methodical, hitting the heavier more threatening ships and leaving us small fry for later. They even targetted the escape pods that were being launched by some of the ships," he let out a dejected sigh. "We were ordered to retreat, and did so as best we could, we jumped away from the area and back toward Yamatai controlle dspace. However, one NMX destroyer scored a lucky hit near the engineering room, the moment we exited fold-space the Aether reactor scrammed and we were forced to abandon ship," he took another sip of his juice.

Errowyn nodded, listening with morbid fascination, "Is that why you went Saint, instead of remaining as a border police? To become only responcible for yourself?" tilting her head slightly to the right as the ambient light hit them, making them sparkle and shine with an emerald fire.

She idly played with her glass, making juice spin dangerioulsy close to the rim.

Elisto stared at the glass that Errowyrn had in her hand, he thought about her question for a few moments. "More like Saint sought me out," he said simply and gulped down the last of his drink.

"I left the police force due to the lack of concern by upper management, they appeared to think that starships were more important than the people who crew them," he said with a disgusted expression. "I couldn't stand that kind of mindset, so I left to pursue a career in the military. Saint sought me out, and I joined them knowing that I could do a lot of good with my police background," he smiled then.

Looking at his glass, he set it down on the table. "No, being in Saint means more responsibility, not less," he said simply and got up and refilled his drink before sitting back down.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…