• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.1] Menace in the dark

At first the panel refused to move, but with some encouragement it pulled free from the wiring trunk. There were no surprises behind the charge, so other than finding a place to put it safely. This situation was resolved, leaving Elisto to ponder where the saboteur was or would strike next.

He tapped his shoulder in thought as he looked away and back down the conduit, he would bring the panel along with him until he found a safe area to store it, or maybe even, use it somehow to his advantage. He pondered what his next move was, and turned to continue toward the main computer. There's also the chance that he would attempt to cripple us further by hitting the engines themselves, but that would require him to go through engineering if my memory of this ships layout is correct, and engineering is secured right now, a strange feeling ran over him as he thought about it.

As Elisto moved, he sent a brief request to Burke and Sanders. "Burke? Sanders? You two alright up there?" he asked and then sent a request off to the Taii. "Taii? Request permission to enter the computer room to check for any possible sabotage of equipment,".

"Burke here, everything is secure here." Came the reply from Engineering.

"Richardson here, I've given you authorization to enter the CIES room. Watch your back. We haven't seen the intruder in a while." the commander replied.

"Which is why I'm worried," Elisto commented in regards to the Taii's response. As he approuched the doors to enter CIES, he took a look behind him for a moment, checked his pistol over for what seemed like the tenth time already and then entered.

After entering his ID code the door to the room containing the Akagane's CIES slid open silently. The room was laid out like any ship's computer room, and was immaculate. If the intruder had been in here, they did not leave any evidence.

As was surveying the room the ship's computer chimed. "Escape Pods 3 and 4 Deploying." Blast shutters on the lower deck closed in front of the entrances to the escape pods, and a moment later the sound of them launching could be heard.

Escape pods? thought Elisto as he pivoted on his foot to look back toward the door. He headed out of the back and back into the corridor, but made certain that the area was sealed before he double backed. "Taii?" was all he sent to the Taii.

He then laid there for a moment. Launching those pods, he had to have done it to draw attention away from something, he thought hard for a few moments.

Elisto's felt a cold shiver up his spine and decided to head to the cargohold. He set explosives down here, what are the chances he set explosives in the cargohold and that launching those pods was to draw attention? Ughs, wish I had a darned drone like those used on the Mindys...

"Bridge to all hands, I want that damn intruder located. They just deployed two of our four escape pods. Scan shows they were empty when launched."

As Elisto left the computer room heading towards the cargo bay, the distinctive fire klaxon sounded. It only took him a moment to realize it was coming from the medbay because he was standing near it at the time.

Elisto came to a stop and glanced over at the door leading into the medbay. "Taii, fire in medbay!" he sent and ran over to a nearby damage control station and removed an extinguisher from it.

He stood by the door, counted to three, then readied the extinguisher and entered the bay. Again... this guy is beginning to make my blood boil, he thought with a scowl.

When the door opened Elisto saw a fire burning in the center of the room. It was a liquid fire with flammable fluids spilled across the floor and ignited. A pile of plastic containers was burning on the floor as well.

Taking his extinguisher, Elisto started to work on the fire, all the while feeling that this was just yet another diversion.

As he fought though, his mind raced with several different possibliities on where this guy might've gone next. This is not that big of a ship, yet he seems to be able to stay out of sight easily, though it does appear that he was hiding in the maintenance conduits this entire time there 'has' to be a way to contain him... he thought with a scowl.

Kamato watched with a predators patience for Elisto to enter the medbay. This Jugal is clever, he interferes with my efforts to keep this tinsae from fleeing. Time to spring the trap and contain this one. he thought.

He brought his Acco Rotyusapo, and squeezed the trigger. He fired a three round burst at the Jugal, his aim was not to slay this one but to contain him. He aimed so that his first shot would graze the Jugal and other two hit nearby. This would ensure that the prey sought a cover position from which to return fire.

Elisto had to thank his years of combat experience combined with that which he learned when he joined SAINT. When he heard the initial fire, he turned in the direction it came from and rolled out of the way, though he did think that something probably grazed the back of his clothing. That wasn't intended to kill... he muttered as he laid there crouched, his left hand now holding his pistol while the right still held the extinguisher. My back was exposed, damned rookie mistake, he cursed silently to himself and looked around the room before moving himself over to a nearby wall, even though said wall left him rather exposed, he wasn't interested in finding cover - because he knew if he exposed himself he could potentially get the intruder to likewise do the time. Yea, I'll suffer an injury or to, but my job isn't to survive and let the guy flee but to capture him at all costs, he glanced about the area.

"Computer, seal off the medbay, alert the Taii that our intruder is here," he said to the ships main computer, he didn't know if it had a name.

As he stayed there crouched and scanned the area of the room with a careful eye, looking for any movement and ready to respond to it, he felt his hunch was correct - the fire itself was a diversion, a diversion to get him out in the open to possibly kill him or perhaps even suppress him. Sorry, but your in my play field now, he thought with a small grin.

His back was up against a wall but he still had a good view of the area, but before he could do anything he looked over at nearby maintenance conduit and kept one eye on that and another on his general surroundings.

Even before Elisto ordered the CiES to secure the medbay, the door closed and locked. A moment later the door control started to smoke.

"Tereane-Hei, Richardson here. We just spotted the intruder, he came out of one of the empty visitor quarters on the lower deck. Are you okay, he fired some sort of weapon into the medbay. After that it looks like he did something to the Medbay door controls. I will have a pair of crewmen come down to investigate." Came the reply from the CO.

Elisto scowled with anger as he walked over to the door, but as he looked at it he began to feel a small amount of warming pain on his shoulder and realized that, much to his dismay, he had gotten nicked.

"Tell them to becareful Taii, this intruder isn't someone to be under-estimated," he said in response with an almost impressed tone.

He then looked over at the maintenance conduit and was half tempted to take that around, but he wondered if the time it would take him to circle around verus the time it would take for the crewmen to fix the door would be negligable. With a heavy sigh he decided to take that chance, he opened the door to the conduit and crawled into it.

"Taii, I'm going to take the maintenance conduit out of medbay to continue my pursuit, I'm worried that if I wait for the crewmen to repair it might give our intruder time to cause more havoc."

"Acknowledge, we lost visual on him when he entered the cargo hold lower level. The security cameras are off line there. I will have the technicians secure the doors on the lower level, and then head to the upper deck. If we are quick enough we might just be able to trap the son of a bitch in the hold."

Elisto opened the door the maintenance conduit and crawled inside, sealing it behidn him just to be safe. He moved down the corridor with as much quickness as crawling would allow.

When he got close the maintenance exit to the cargohold, he pulled his pistol out and listened carefully for any movement and aimed his pistol at the exit just in case the intruder tried to flee through it.

As Elisto moved through the conduit, he could hear some noises that did not fit with the normal ship sounds. It sounded like something being dragged through one of the connecting conduits.

"The hell?" Elisto said in a whisper as he turned his attention to his side and listened to the noise. He then crawled backwards until he got to the hatch that lead to the side corridor, where he was hearing the sound.

Reading his pistol, he pushed open the hatch and looked in the direction he was hearing the sound from.

As Elisto looked through the interconnecting conduit, he saw an object slide past the other end. It looked like a duffel bag being filled with something. He could also hear a strange guttural sound that seemed to come from the direction the bag was being dragged towards.

Elisto moved, following the bag as a discreet distance in order to stay somewhat out of sight, yet still be able to see the bag and follow it. What the heck is in that bag? he wondered and sent a brief status report to the Taii detailing what he had just seen in the conduit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back