• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 3] New Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 3]

Thank you Blackberry. Misaki replied privately, worried at the angry expression her commanding officer had. "I'm sorry...is there anything I can do short of us breaking their border? If it helps, I'm not going anywhere. You won't need to shoot me, I already took my loyalty bonus." Misaki smiled with that same concern showing through, moving her hand that rested in her lap under the table silently, and touched Hanako's kneecap. Hoping it would focus her some.

If you want to go to the bridge, or your quarters I can finish things here.

"I will be on the bridge," Hanako said, leaving her cheesecake only halfway finished. Her list of things to do followed her out of the wardroom.

Once back at her desk, the Taisa pulled up a map on the main screen, showing a chart with the locations of her squadron, the YSS Asamoya, the YSS Miharu, and Taisho Yui's ship; Yui and Himiko wanted to have a family meeting soon and Hanako intended to attend. On a floating secondary screen, Hanako also watched a video feed of the probes and survey platform being attached to her ship's towing cable.

With the rest of the crew, Misaki drowned her worry for Hanako in trying to distract the sprites and their new addition by soothing their own reactions to what had transpired, then changing the subject. She was on her cheesecake as they started to talk about different sorts of strange things in space they had seen, from the oddest to the most beautiful.

Everything's back to normal here as far as I can tell. She sent to Hanako. Are there any changes? Oh-by the way the cheesecake is really good, I'm not sure I've had it so fluffy. When there's time, would you teach me?

Hanako was interrupted by a priority transmission from Taisho Yui, who had called the rest of her clan into a private conference channel for the family members. After clearing the bridge, Hanako spoke with Taisho Yui, Empress Himiko, Taisa Kotori, and Chujo Minori for several minutes about the future of the Empire and how the government was working to restore Yamatai's image through progressive self-improvement.

When it was all done, Hanako set course for the drop-off point for the sensor drones, located outside of the Military Sector's North Gate. From there she planned to meet with the YSS Asamoya to help sort things out.

The Taisa sent a message back to her first officer: "Perhaps later. Now it is time for the new technician to get a tour of the ship and a cabin assignment. Please take care of it."

Misaki was sucking the crumbs off of her fork when she got the message, her dessert had disappeared very rapidly. She looked over at the lowest ranking man on board. "Are you ready for your familiarization?" She asked Sasorix-hei. Most of the other sprites were either chatting, or already gone and she was eager to finish up the tour.

You sound a little better, Hanako-Taisa. I'm starting his tour now. The XO added softly.

Valen had only nibbled on his own dessert. He had never really obtained a sweet tooth, even in youth. When he heard Misaki address him, the Yamataian nodded silently, probably just as eager as the XO was. "Thank you. I'd appreciate it, Miss ..." The technician halted his train of thought as he realized that he had never caught her name. This embarrassing situation caused him to flush slightly.

While Misaki started the tour, Hanako piloted the ship, darting through the heavily defended North Gate and into the sensor fields beyond it.

After a few minutes of traveling, Eucharis dropped off its cluster of sensor drones and turned to head in the direction of Yamatai. A brilliant teal light covered the gunship just before it disappeared, moving through hyperspace towards its next stop, UX-6, where the ship would stop just long enough to drop off the Orbital Geological Survey Platform.

At top hyperspace speed, it would take just over 2 hours to reach Yamatai, where the Miharu and Asamoya were.

( Valen/Misaki Tour JP goes here )

As the Eucharis hung in orbit over the majestic oceans of Yamatai, a shuttle approached it and docked on the ship's underside. When the airlock hatch hissed open, Taisa Hanako was waiting on the other side for her potential crew member.

The shuttle ride from Yamatai had been brief and uneventful, but Kurosora Kim had remained edgy and nervous during the flight, not from being in space, oh no. She was perfectly comfortable with being in space. She was anxious to meet her new potential commander. As the shuttle docked, and the doors hissed open, Kim stepped out of the shuttle and saluted sharply. "Santô Hai, Kurosora Kim, reporting as ordered!"

Hanako's big golden eyes narrowed and she nearly threw her hands up in the air in dismay. Why did the new ones always salute? Was it just to irritate her? The regulations specifically stated that the proper greeting was a bow. "Follow me, Santô Hei," the woman said, her blue-green hair gently floating in the zero-gravity passageway. She floated a few decks upward and into the ship's wardroom, a restaurant-looking compartment with a wooden floor and a painted ceiling.

Nodding firmly at Hanako's words, following the Commander's bi-coloured hair as Kim easily moved through the zero gravity passageways, floating close behind her superior officer, while still maintaining a respectful distance between them mind you, as she followed her into the wardroom. Well inside, Kim couldn't help but glance around briefly, to take in the room's dimensions and proportions.

"Please," directed Hanako, "Have a seat."

"Thank you, Ma'am." Kim said, smiling briefly at Hanako as she took the offered seat.

"First," Hanako asked, "Why did you request an assignment to the Eucharis? You are infantry and my list of available positions does not include them."

"Well, it seemed like a logical decision at the time, Ma'am." Kim replied calmly, "I've allways enjoyed exploring, and being on board space ships is something I love. That, and I heard good things about the Eucharis, Ma'am."

"What kind of non-combat skills do you have?" Hanako asked.

"Well, besides the standard Communications Training, Math, and domestic skills, Ma'am. I'm fairly competent in demolitions as well, being able to use, handle, disarm, and identify most explosives, but that might not fall into the 'non-combat' skills" Kim explained, calmly, not letting her nerves show on her face or her voice.

"You will probably do a lot of shuttle piloting and technical work if you stay," Hanako warned Kim, hinting that she was considering letting the new girl stay.

"That is more than suitable, Ma'am." Kim replied, still smiling, but with a bit more realism now. "As long as I'm allowed to stay, and I can keep my combat skills fresh and sharp, I'm more than happy to do shuttle piloting and whatever other tasks are required."

"You can stay then. The lounge is down the stairs over there. You are assigned to cabin number three. I will give you a tour of the ship after dinner, since you missed the one this morning. Until then, get your things moved in and meet the other crew members."

Smiling happily, Kim nodded in thanks. "Arigato, Ma'am. I'll do so right away. I'll not let you, or the YSS Eucharis down." Kim swore, her voice grave, despite the smile on her face.

"Welcome aboard," Hanako smiled.

Rising from the chair with a happy smile on her face, Kim bowed deep before Hanako and slowly turned to leave the Wardroom, moving slowly back out into the zero gravity passageways as she made her way to cabin three, carrying the bags containing her gear and belongings with her as she did, completely intent on mastering the first official order granted by her new Commander.

Finding her cabin, and storing her gear went fast and easy, leaving the newly transferred Nekovalkyrja to the second part of her new mission: Getting to know the crew! Leaving her cabin, having changed to the standard uniform, Kim looked down either way of the passages, wondering which route to take.

Misaki floated from the recreation area out into the hall, using her gravity manipulate to glide through the air evenly. She stopped with one foot to the bulkhead, and exhaled softly. The XO was fresh from working out, and on her way to a shower in a standard exercise uniform. Of course the Nekovalkryja spotted her newest crew member quickly. New people stuck out on gunships, in her experience.

So that's her. The Shosa thought to herself, idling for a little bit longer in the passageway.

Catching a glance of someone else in the passageway, Kim turned easily in the zero gravity to eye the new Nekovalkyrja standing, or well, more floating there. From her looks, it was obvious the woman had just left the recreation area, as she was still wearing the standard exercise uniform.

Smiling at the other Nekovalkyrja, Kim bowed, unsure what rank the other held, as the exercise uniform didn't hold a rank pin.

"Konichiwa. I am Kurosora Kim, Santô Hei. You are...?" Kim asked, keeping a friendly but respectful tone as she observed the other woman.

"Misaki..." The XO replied, bowing with less depth after a moment, "Kurusu Misaki Shosa. I'm the first officer. You settled in all right, I take it?" She asked, offering the soldier a warmer smile. Kurosora somewhat reminded her of the power armour pilots she had lead in units on her old ships, but there was something different she liked too.

"Did you eat before being sent out?"

"Aye-aye, Ma'am." Kim replied cheerfully, smiling happily at the officer as her hand instinctively moved down to where her Type 30 sidearm rested on her hip, just to make sure it was secured while she once again looked over at Misaki.

"And not really, Ma'am. I only managed to down an energy bar on my way up here. And the Commander mentioned she was going to give me a tour of the Eucharis after dinner." The soldier explained, as she felt was more than propper to her XO while she continued to smile. There was something about the Shosa that was quite... likeable to the new and young crewmember.

Misaki held her pistol belt in her left hand, though it appeared to be a variant of the type 28-NSP, her original firearm from when she was created. "Her command style is a little different, but it's easy to catch up to. I'm glad to have another fighter on board." The XO admitted openly, it wasn't that they were lacking soldiers, everyone in the Star Army of Yamatai could fight.

"Misaki-shosa will be fine." The woman added at an impulse.

On the deck above, Pineapple wiped the wardroom tables clean with a rag while Lime, the cook, worked in the kitchen, boiling potatoes and blanching broccoli for the upcoming dinner.

Meanwhile, Hanako was up on the bridge, docking the ship with the YSS Asamoya.

"Ahh, hai, Misaki-shosa." Kim said, still smiling as her gaze lingered slightly on the Type 28-NSP sidearm, identifying it from her training as the older predecessor to her own Type 30. Subtly scratching along her back, she tried to ease the itch the concealed knife sheath was leaving on her back before she brought the hand back to her side again.

"Well, considering this is my first real command, I doubt it'll take as much adjustment as old stiff-necked veterans." The Infantry trooper replied cheerfully, finding her decision to transfer to the YSS Eucharis to be a wise one already, especially if the rest of the crew were like Misaki.

"Like your old, stiff-necked gunboat veteran XO?" Misaki smiled, joking with the other soldier. "If you need something I have bunk one, speaking of which I need a shower before dinner. Do you have any questions?" The dark-eyed officer liked her already. There wasn't that awkward presence Sasorix had as he tried to fit into a new culture.

Talking with Kim reminded her that she needed some time out in a power armour, the last time was an uneventful battle. She liked to train on her own first, then with others. The other kinds of training she liked to do on her own, at least when it came to her fighting style and other things that made it obvious what her body-type was. That's where the Shosa had come from, sneaking just enough time when no one would interrupt her. No need to make them uneasy, even so...I'm me, and that means being ready.

Grinning slightly at the joke, Kim simply waved the comment off. "Hardly, Misaki-shosa. Anyone can see that you are anything but old!" With that, the younger soldier crossed her arms under her breasts and kept the friendly and slightly cheeky grin in place while she simply nodded at the information about the Shosa's bunk, and then shook her head at the question that followed.

"Not really. Just wondering where I can keep my skills fresh, 'tis all. Don't want my aim or my martial arts to fail me when I really need 'em." The redhead replied casually, still grinning. "And, since you're in the exercise uniform, I figured you might be so kind as to help the new rookie, Misaki-shosa?" Kim had taken a liking to her XO. She was different from the real old and stiffnecked drill sergeants and training instructors that had hounded her during her training, and to Kim, that was a welcome change.

After checking out his bunkroom and reviewing his next shift time, Valen decided to wander a bit. He made sure not to enter any restricted areas, just cruised the main passageways of the ship for a while. He eventually saw Misaki and someone that he did not recognize talking further down the hall. They seemed to be having a friendly conversation. Remembering the awkwardness from the tour made the tech sentry hesitate a moment.

Perhaps.. I'm don't fit in here either... His thoughts seemed to ring out in his head like chiming bells. Valen looked down at his Star Army uniform. It was brighter then his old Nepleslian one, but it still seemed the same. A low sigh emitted from his lips before he moved closer to the pair with a friendly smile on his face. It was a mask... a mask for his pain. The Yamataian hoped that the mask was enough to hide his true feelings until he could let it out later. "Hello, Madame Misaki and Madame..." he said with a short bow once he had entered normal hearing distance, waiting to be introduced to Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back