• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 3] New Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 3]

"Sure, as long as you forgive these old eyes." Kurusu joked with a smirk on her lips, "It's just over there. I was going to take the stairs but I like going through here." Maybe she could run through a few stances and spar with her, after fighting so many battles she found the new ones always needed some honing. If she didn't overexert her strength there wouldn't be a problem. Just don't go too strong..

The XO nodded when Sasorix came down the passage, "Kurosora-hei, our newest recruit." Misaki explained, "This is Sasorix-hei, technician. He joined the ship only a little before you did. We were just on our way into the rec room. We'll see you at dinner, of course?"

A holographic display panel appeared near Shosa Kurusu, with Hanako's face. "Misaki," the Taisa said, "I have left Blueberry on bridge watch and am going aboard the Asamoya for a bit. I will be back for dinner. After dinner, I would like you to go aboard the Asamoya and pilot her home to Gemini."

Bowing politely as the Yamatai technician approached, Kim smiled as Misaki introduced her for her, the infantry raised an eyebrow. Wasn't introductions usually left for the introductee?

But as the Shosa explained about the recreation area, a holographic image popped out of nowhere, startling the Santô Hei enough to instinctively reach behind her uniform to grasp the sheathed knife, but she was not startled enough to actually unsheath the weapon.

"I'll never get used to those things..." The infantrywoman muttered while she released the grasp on her knife. "Anyway, Misaki-sohsa, the recreation area? Shall we go? And of course, Sasorix-san is allowed to come too, unless his duties interferes?"

"Yes Taisa." Misaki was used to the windows popping up at random on board any of the ships she had served on, so she had no obvious reaction to the formation or the orders. They would go over them at dinner, and if not she'd get the specifics very easily.

"I think so." Misaki nodded to Kim. With the business taken care of, she drifted down and into the recreation area, setting down in the sparring area on the port side of the room. "This is were you can train normally." She motioned to the starboard side, "In there are the holographic chambers for training or general recreation. Where did you want to begin?" Misaki asked, "Do you have anything you really need to work on?" The training room was quiet, nothing but the dull background noise of the rest of the ship while the officer waited for their newest soldier to take in her surroundings. "We can use the chambers too."

Gazing around the room for a moment, Kim unconsciously scratched herself behind one ear, shrugging slightly. "Well, nothing that really needs working on. But I do enjoy martial arts, so if you're up for that...?" The redhead said with a smile as she rolled her shoulders to get ready for the exercise.

The XO could only grin, she had been trained through the Ketsurui schools, among others and had no problems showing a rookie that she had everything to work on when she got on assignment. She didn't need to, or want to tear Kim down. It was so she would be safer with experience, and hard work.

"All right. Would you like to start sparring, or go through the first movements?" She produced a claw, and gathered her hair up into it before coming to a ready stance on the mat. Not too strong, not too fast Misaki...

"Hmm... well, allways best to unlimber and get warmed up first, right?" Kim returned with the same grin, cocking her head to the side as she removed her uniform top, revealing the white shirt of the standard exercise uniform. "Allways prepared, I allways say..." The Santô Hei replied as she removed the knife sheath from her back and placed it with the top.

"You won't have time to stretch for most combat." Misaki replied coolly, smirking crookedly at the redhead. "You may, if you really want to...it's still good to keep tone up the right way in between after all."

It was important to point out there were two sides to it, being ready for combat was one thing, it didn't mean you shirked training properly both ways in between engagements. "Is your hobby being prepared...?"

Chuckling softly, Kim shook her head slowly. "No, my hobby is not being prepared... that's just something I picked up from training... never knew what the instructors would throw at you." The younger Nekovalkyrja explained while she slowly eased herself through some of the basic stretches used in martial arts.

"And you still didn't tell me what your hobbies are." The woman laughed, shaking her head faintly. She began working through some of her movements while she waited for Kurosora to be ready, though studying her to get an idea of her peculiars with the deadly art.

"Well, mainly martial arts, guns, and cooking." Kim grinned as she flexed her fingers repeatedly, feeling warmed up enough to begin training as she coiled her leg up and unleashed a simple high kick into thin air, before slowly moving her leg down in place.
Shads: "Cooking, really?" Misaki's mind tried to imagine it while she waited. Was she the only person on the crew who would burn the ship down before making something edible?

"Mine are similar, but I do hair too." That alone finally explained why she had a complicated white accent in her blue hair that reminded one of a tropical flower. "Others too-…ready?" She asked, turning and putting her body back into the correct stance with a fluid motion.

“Aye-aye, I'm ready." Kim answered, assuming her own initial stance as she grinned, feeling once again in her element as the two were about to start a friendly sparring match. "Oh, hair, eh? I'm completely brainless when it comes to cosmetic stuff..." The younger soldier replied, using her fingers to make a "Come and get me" motion.

"Blueberry is better with that sort of thing, I just do hair because it makes a big-..." Misaki paused to take an easy strike with her fist, looking for one of the most tactical counters from her counterpart. "...impact on others."

"Oh, really?" Kim replied as she swayed out of the way, suddenly turning into a much more fluid and agile stance as she turned around and hunched down rapidly, sending a low sweeping kick towards Misaki's legs.

Misaki laughed shortly, stepping back, and out of the way from the sweep like in a dance, trying to push Kim over by planting a foot into her back while the kick left her unbalanced. "It's a good-sssocial thing!"

"What, cooking or hair-stylii-woah!" As she felt the foot connect to her back, Kim simply followed the movement, rolling along with it before leaping back up on her feet with what could only be described as feline grace. Grinning once more, Kim advanced, sending a high blow with the side of her hand in a chopping motion towards Misaki's head while her opposite leg came sweeping up towards her mid-section in a powerful round-house kick.

"Good!" Misaki called out, happy with the quick recovery she'd made. There had been more than enough rookies who had been eating the mat very quickly from the simple maneuver she had made.

However the soldier was on her with all the quickness she could use, and the XO was just starting. Misaki ducked her head away from the blow, bringing one of her hands up to strike for under where the high strike was coming for, for damage as much as control of gravity while trying to keep her natural strength still modified down to that of an NH-29. The rest of her body struck forward after it, coming inside the kick for a short rush to try and bring Kim off her feet, and let the thigh strike her rather than the damaging foot. That would leave them in close quarters, with her at the advantage.

“Thanks!" Kim grunted as Misaki moved inside her kick, her thigh connecting with the other woman with more of a soft tap rather than the crushing blow of her foot as she kept it tight against Misaki's side, grinning slightly as she moved it down to hook it behind her legs as she grasped the Shosa's shoulders and shoved powerfully, attempting to get out of the dangerous close quarters. She didn't have a problem with it, but when she was fighting foot-and-hand, she preferred a bit of space. With her knife, however, it was a different story. Damn, she's good...

Admiring the quick attempt to bring her down and push her way at the same time, Misaki quickly thought, Not bad, more in synch though! at Kim. She showed her what she meant quickly enough.

Hooking her only meant Misaki would have the moment of being put more towards her opponent than away, and the strong shove was meant to trip her over them. She exploited the waver inside that short space of time before both synched against her own center of gravity, and pushed back. Since she had been trying to kick at the XO, and while Misaki had evened out their strength with a personal limiter program, the point was exploiting how much more unbalanced the shove made her.

"Gyaah!" As Misaki exploited the brief moment between the hook and the shove, Kim felt herself tumble back and down, her own hooked leg betraying her balance, as well as her own shove overextending her reach and balance. With a grunt, the Santô Hei landed square on the rear on the mat. With a grumble, Kim jumped back up on her legs and grinned, once again entering the easy and fluid stance she had actually based on ancient boxing videos she had seen once.

Misaki returned to her own stance, rather than exploiting the moment. They didn't need to keep track, and Kim was doing much better than she'd expect from almost all rookies, infantry included. The Shosa couldn't keep herself from smiling though, and knew it had something to do with the determined soilder in front of her.

She wouldn't let her die like so many others, even if the Mishhu were gone, somehow Misaki couldn't accept that there wouldn't be another battle in her life soon. This time, she attacked, but feinted twice with her body before spinning, looking as she'd throw an elbow towards Kim's neck. Instead she ducked down expecting a high blow for her head, the last rotation bringing her front to front with the soldier. A submission tackle where she could try to hook her feet in with the other woman's on the way down, but leave her on top in the confusion.

Moving rapidly, Kim was just about to throw her arm up to defend her head from the elbow, but when she noticed Misaki's arm pull away and turn to face front-to-front, the younger soldier moved rapidly bringing her knee up in an attempt to do a switch-blade kick, driving her foot directly up and front while she saw Misaki rush her in an attempt to tackle her.

Misaki pressed in faster, catching the knee against her stomach with a grunt, put trying to pad herself against the kick's power before it could get a better connecting momentum to pull her apart. Stepping inside that guard she hooked the one foot on the ground and pulled the moment she put her weight forward, essentially a modified and fluid version of what Kurosora had attempted moments before.

Struggling against the sudden weight of Misaki's body added to her own on one knee was bad enough, but with the added unbalance of the Shosa's pull while her weight was added, and a foot hooked behind the only one Kim had currently connected to the ground, the result was fairly obvious. She toppled over and fell towards the mat. But as she did, the Santô Hei moved her arms rapidly, managing to use her hooked leg and her arms to avoid falling completely down onto the mat, now in a position where she was completely at Misaki's mercy. "Nngh... damn it, Misaki-shosa... you're good."

"I like you." Misaki decided, smiling in as warm a way as anyone could in the middle of fighting. She let Kim hold the position before pressing her weight down a little more to encourage her against the mat. It was a quick decision, but you could learn a lot from fighting someone else, and everything else she'd seen of the redheaded infantrywoman fit with her. That was enough to tell her that, as far as the XO was concerned.

"I made friends with the bulkheads, deck, and ceiling plenty of times." She explained.

Grunting as the XO pushed her to the mat, Kim grinned slightly at the woman now sitting on top of her as she nodded. "Well, I think I like you too, Misaki-shosa. And aye, I got to know the ones back at the training facility more than I wanted." With that, the redheaded Nekovalkyrja decided to play one last dirty trick on her superior officer. Moving as quickly as she possibly could, she brought her hands up to Misaki's sides, and... tickled!

It hadn't even occurred to Misaki to try and leave that part out of her sensory experience, and no one had ever been bold enough to try that on her anywhere. In short, she was caught completely off guard.

Squirming on top of Kim, the officer tried to breath through a squeal of surprise, and her own replied giggles, "F-a-a-he-e-fo-f-oul!" She cried, digging her hands down to try and get her back for the dirty trick with her own.

"Gyaah!" As the XO continued to giggle and laugh while Kim tickled her, the Shosa's own tickles only spurred the younger soldier on, causing her fingers to only increase their movements and tickling motions on the officer's sides. "A-ah'lls ff-aahah, fair iiih-n love ah-hahaha-and war!" Kim managed to get out between her own laughter and gasping breaths as the two tickled each other.

"F-f-ffor the e-eeeemmpire! The s-e-ehaahea sea of ene-hendless stars!" Misaki cried back, like she was diving into a major engagement. She could hardly breathe between her fits of jubilant laughter, and trying to tickle just about anywhere she knew she had a spot. This left her wide open when she lifted over Kim, smiling down with tears in her eyes, still squirming in vain away from one set of fingers and into more.

Gasping for breath and blinking back tears of laughter, Kim continued the tickling assault while she merely laughed even more (if such action was possible) at the officer's warcry, sounding very odd and out of place, and at the same time, quite fitting!

Misaki lost one of her hands just trying to keep halfway raised above Kim, though her lower body was helpless. Her legs had tangled in already and she was just trying to push the wicked advantage her 'valorous warcry' had gotten her.

"I-iih... I give! Uuuhncle!" Kim cried and croaked between fits of giggles and laughter as she remained entangled with her superior officer on the training mat while she groaned softly from both laughter and lack of air.

"A-ham...harmist.....conquered!" Misaki relented, and eased herself down body to body, so they could catch their breath. The soldier stopped her limiting program to help with it some. She didn't bother wiping at her tears, but couldn't stop smiling even though it was starting to her her face. "...truce?" the Eucharis' XO asked, sweating again after the...improvised training routine they had gone through backfired on both of them.

The officer was tempted to talk mind to mind with Kim, but wasn't sure if she'd be comfortable with it so soon. She kept trying to get her breath back as they laid together.

"Truce! Ahh... hah... I've never been... heh... beaten in a tickling frenzy before..." Kim replied as she grinned up at her XO, panting slightly to regain her breath as she blinked away the tears as her grin slowly turned into a smirk. "You know, people might get a wrong idea if they saw us like this right now." The woman at the bottom said casually, her smirk firmly stating that she didn't care either way.

Initially biting down on her smile, Misaki let her own grin go as she replied, "I think I can live with that too." Making it clear she felt the same way about it. The sweat-sheened officer leaned down, and pressed her lips to Kim's for a fleeting moment. "Just so the rumours won't be all wrong." She murmured, with her mouth barely a finger's width away.

"Mmm... oh, so it's allowed for an XO to become... entangled with a junior crew member?" Kim whispered softly, her grin somewhat softer now, but still there as she licked her own lips for a fraction of a second.

"Nothing is secret on a gunboat." Misaki whispered back a kernel of wisdom that came from experience. She had liked the little spark the kiss had given her, but didn't forget herself. "Just be good about it, and it's fine." She added, "You have to listen...I won the tickle frenzy."

"True enough." Kim smiled as she simply rested underneath the older woman, just enjoying both the view and the feel. "So, what's next then, o' all-mighty champion of the tickle frenzy?"

"We can go upstairs for a shower, unless you aren't sweaty enough yet..." The officer offered, feeling reassured again that her initial feelings towards the soldier had been right upon meeting with her, and fighting with her. "I mean, I decree it." Misaki whispered more quietly, happy with the situation as much as she was with Kurosora herself.

"Hai, hai, Misaki-shosa." Kim grinned before she gently lifted the other Nekovalkyrja off of her so she could rise and gather her uniform. "A shower does sound nice, I'll admit. Especially with current company." Smiling, she picked up her top once more and put her boots back on as she picked up her knife and it's sheath, not bothering to strap it back on to her back for now.

Misaki rose and retrieved her pistol belt, blowing a stray strand of hair out of the way that had slipped out of her claw in all the rolling around. "I was having a thought or two like that." She smiled back, and held her hand out after tossing the belt over her shoulder.

Smiling as she transferred her knife to the same arm that held her uniform top, she grasped Misaki's hand softly as she walked besides the officer, ignoring rank for the moment.

Giving Kim's hand a test squeeze, the shorter woman led her up the stairs into the lounge. It had direct access to the showers, and both their quarters. Misaki peeled off her shirt for the laundry, leaving her in what doubled as the standard issue swimsuit, not that it would be staying on long. Having the laundry room attached gave the bathing area another degree of convenience.

Since it was before dinner, the showers were empty and it only took the XO a single command to start them up.

Smiling and squeezing Misaki's hand in return, she simply followed behind the shorter woman before she followed suit, removing her shirt, boots, and leggings, revealing the same kind of standard issue swimsuit as Misaki. "Mmm... Misaki-shosa, how do you like your showers? Cold, comfortable, or damn-near-intolerably hot?" Kim asked as she grinned over to Misaki, her right ear twitching slightly while she stretched her arms and back at the same time.

"We can provide the last if we need." Misaki turned, and stepped closer to Kim. She didn't have any intention of showering with her swimsuit on, but knew there were more fun ways to undress when you were with someone. "Let's start at comfortable..." She leaned up a little, and they kissed for the first time standing up in the quiet bath area.

That night, the wardroom served big, juicy cooked-to-order steak, served with steamed broccoli and yellow squash, and garlic mashed potatoes. Hanako was, as promised, back on the ship and took her seat early at the head of the table.

"Good evening, Taisa." Misaki called smoothly as she came up the stairs from the deck below. She arrived with Kurosora, and let go of her hand as they went to sit at the table after bowing. The XO took the seat next to Hanako, to her right. Kim sat to her right, and they both faintly smelled freshly from the shower, despite the fact their hair was dry.

Kurusu had since changed, and wore her skirt 'torso' uniform. She would have opted for something less formal, but she thought they might have had guests, and she had to get on the Asamoya right after they finished eating. The skirt gave her a mix of business and formality, even if the soldier wanted to wear her bodysuit on her mission to take the Asamoya to Gemini.

"So, who will our guests be tonight, Hanako Taisa?"

Valen had laid down in his quarters to take a short nap after his meeting with Misaki and Kim. He was exhausted after the long shuttle rides, but this small amount of rest rejuvenated him. For the rest of the time until dinner, the tech sentry tried to write a letter to his parents and sister explaining his reasoning for coming over to Yamatai... but it seemed like he couldn't find the right words. He gave up and readied to present himself at dinner.

He changed his uniform to a fresh, clean one before making his way to the wardroom. Noting that Kim was sitting on the right of Misaki, he sat in the seat across from the XO and to the left of Hanako. The smell in the air was delightful to his nose as it picked up the fragrance of the food. "Evening, Mistress Hanako, Madame Kurusu, Miss Kurosora," he almost whispered with a slight bow of his head.

Smiling as she sat next to Misaki, Kim was almost tempted to lick her lips as the scent of garlic mashed potatoes reached her nose. Instead the soldier squirmed slightly and bowed her head respectfully towards Hanako, not wanting to seem disrespecful towards her commander.

After her and Misaki's earlier escapades, Kim had changed into a fresh female version of the standard male uniform, which she vastly preferred to the standard female ones. As Kim subtly placed a hand on Misaki's thigh, she bowed her head slightly as Valen approached, again smiling at the man.

"Konichiwa... Sasorix-san, was it?" Kim said simply as the redhead perked her ear slightly to better hear the whispers Valen mumbled as she once again glanced at the food on the table.

"Good evening," Hanako nodded to the crew as they entered.

"Misaki, I am hoping Nana and Cherry, the Asamoya's technicians will come...Kim, you look ridiculous wearing a man's uniform," Hanako suddenly said, figuring it'd be better to say something now rather than have Kim try to figure out the reason for her looks of disapproval. "Please do not do it anymore."

"Hai, Taisa." Kim replied simply as she glanced down at her uniform, slightly curious as to the order, not that she would argue against it. No, she would obey without question.

"Do you want me to change now, Taisa, or should I wait until after dinner?" The soldier asked as she slowly pulled her hand away from Misaki's thigh, clearly slightly unsettled. Had she managed to screw up badly enough to make the Taisa reprimand her already? Feeling her hopes of ever reaching the rank of Chusa fade somewhat, the redhead simply awaited Hanako's reply. Did I break some rule or another? Kim asked Misaki telepathically, trying to keep her face composed.

"It can wait," Hanako told Kim.

She looked to the others. "Say, does anyone want to spend an extra day on Yamatai, since we are here already?"

No, I think it's sexy. Misaki lightly frowned, wondering why Hanako would care what approved uniform one of her crewman would wear. It's allowed by the military, I think maybe she doesn't like it...against her style? And this is her ship. The XO reached over out of sight and tugged on the soldier's sleeve to get her hand back, before placing them folded on the table. It's her style choice, you don't look ridiculous at all.

Hanako Taisa? Misaki thought, to keep the conversation private. I don't see any rule prohibiting use of the female version of the male uniform as part of some ship-specific rule, and it was approved last year for active duty wear, wasn't it? I'm afraid I don't understand the problem.

"Did they indicate if they would one way, or the other ma'am? And that would be nice, once I return from Gemini." Despite the sudden strange conversation, Hanako had Misaki's respect. Part of her job was to discreetly work out issues rather than let them get out of hand, whenever she could. Given the tone of the evening with her former XO becoming a defector, and her experimental ship docking with the Eucharis to have dinner where there should have been two crews, she understood if she was on edge.

If the Mihama or one of her old ships had the same fate, Kurusu Shosa wasn't sure how she would behave either.

Hanako shook her head and responded telepathically to her XO, "I have already told her not to wear it." It wouldn't do to flip-flop on orders already given. "I will have the ship's uniforms rules updated immediately."

Valen smiled and nodded as the other Santo Hei had remembered his name. He wasn't sure what the problem was with the uniforms, but it wasn't his place to inquire... especially since it seemed to be about female uniforms, a subject that he hardly knew anything of. Hearing about the visitors was a bit more interesting to him, however. He didn't say anything about it, though.

Returning her hand upon Misaki's thigh again, Kim shrugged slightly as she eyed Valen curiously, wondering why he was so silent as she continued to glance at the food, her stomach growling slightly as the Taisa had yet to give the approval to consume the foodstuff that was by now becoming an aromatic torment for the redheaded woman.

Oh well... guess I'll just have to wear the T-30 Bodysuit... Kim thought at her lover as she rolled her right shoulder slightly. "Sasorix-san, you're one of the computer-wizards on the Eucharis then, eh?" Kim asked, her voice friendly and warm as she picked up a fork and pointed at the colour panels of his uniform as she tried to simply relax in the presence of her Commanding Officer, whom had her on edge due to the incident about her uniform. How could she know the Taisa had something against women wearing more masculine clothing?

"Nobody wants to stay, then?" Hanako asked, surprised.

The Taisa began slicing her steak into manageable chunks, then began to eat it without adding any sauce.

Valen caught Kim eyeing him, which caused him to flush slightly as he stared at his food. "Eh... I'm not really much of a 'computer wizard'... I'm just fairly good at what I do," he said with a slight shrug. To answer Hanako's question, he stated, "I might just stay aboard, Mistress. Yamatai is a strange world to me, so I'd rather just stay here where I'm at least slightly comfortable..." This ship was his home now, so he'd have to make it feel like home. If the tech sentry wasn't comfortable in his own home, that didn't say much for him or the 'home'.

Ah yes. Cherry. No last/surr/family/whatever name, just Cherry. Her mother was the MEGAMI aboard the Sakura... Her mother was dead. Her family was gone across space, ripped away from her leaving only a few seemily alien flakes left.

So, it might be understandable to Taisa Hanako -- Ketsurui Hanako, or Hanako Ketsurui, whichever is preferred -- why the former-sprite seemed... Barren of her original character, or at least at the moment.

She was late, yes, but just because she was thinking. She managed off the YSS Amaya to see the YSS Asamoya to her destination, or at least as far as she would be allowed.

The image depicting Cherry's clothing was false. She wasn't wearing her semi-trademark mini-mini-skirt. Instead, she was wearing a very long skirt that went down to her upper shins on her legs, a Star Army dark blue. It seemed quite solid, too, without any breaks in the skirt to allow for maneuverability. It was, basically, the skirt uniform with a very long skirt. Dazzling, that.

Her hair, instead of being the semi-trademark pig-tails or such, was instead completely undone and left abandoned by any style or anything, just hanging on her head and down her back in a straight fashion -- It was groomed, just not much. Brushed, really. It made her have a some what depressive look, more so for those who knew her... Which went hand in hand with her face.

It held no smile. It held no joy or anything... Really, it showed negligible emotion. Depressing, but the face itself didn't look sad. It looked broken in a way.

Extremely lengthy description aside, the former-sprite moved over to a seat, skipping one from Valen, saving the seat that was supposed to be for Nana to settle in that spot between the two instead. Not that Cherry thought the 'woman' would show. She looked to her food briefly before looking over to her former-Taisa and spoke in a soft tone, "Hello, Hanako."

"Hello Cherry," Hanako said. "You look like you matured."

"That sounds like fun, Hanako-Taisa. I assume my delivery will be postponed so I can take advantage of it? We could go to the resort district, or tour some of the older parks. I need to go shopping also." Misaki replied warmly, finally picking up her own steak after adding a bit of sauce to dip it in on the corner of her plate. She had been waiting for Hanako to start. It was one of her funny little rules, something that the officer held to ever since she trained with the clan.

You'll come with me if she allows the leave, won't you? She thought to Kim. "I'd like to visit some of my old friends, and maybe see more clan sites too."

The Shosa tensed at Cherry arriving, but said nothing more when they started talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back