• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 3] New Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 3]

Almost as if summoned by the tech-talk, Kage Yaichiro approached the Eucharis somewhat timidly at first. To be honest, it was much like his first time stepping on the Sakura, after so long, except now he wore the greys of an Officer, and the pin of a Shosa.

He sent a communication, telepathic, to Hanako inside.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa reporting for duty and requesting permission to come aboard, with Midori-san...

"I should get the ship landed," she said. "Lime, save my cake for later."

Heading for the bridge, she sent Yaichiro a text message telling him to standby for the ship's coordinates.

Cherry didn't respond to Valen at all, at least in a verbal (Or... Mental) way. Instead, she slowly looked over to Valen, her slight look of depression lightening up a little before she looked away. That was all that would be had out of her, apparently.

A quick glance would be spared over to Nana, Cherry suffering a pang of guilt without actually showing it, and then back down to her plate which was, for the most part, full. She shook her head to the sprite when handed a plate, and it was taken away again.

Valen quirked a brow at Cherry's reaction. She was definitely depressed about something, but it may take a while to actually get it out of her. The Yamataian didn't take any dessert, as he had never really acquired a sweet tooth.

No response would be granted to Hanako, Nana's eyes lost on something in the distance, or perhaps beyond the distance as she sank into thought. Fix things. Make them work. Refurbish and recycle. Nana never suspected she could grow tired of her work, but, the load she placed on herself, the expectations she held herself to, were beginning to show in her face.

"What am I supposed to do now?" She asked, to no one in particular.

"We're going to be landing on Yamatai shortly, I can see so why don't you try to take some time there?" Misaki asked Nana, sliding her empty plate forward. She was tempted to ask Valen for his cake, but there would be more sweets on the planet below, so restraint was the order of the hour for her.

Looking over at Kim, the officer smiled at her before looking at the assembled, notably Cherry. "Tell me what's going on, please? That was tense enough to put a damper on the dinner, I hope for the trouble you can tell us the reason for it."

There was a rumbling throughout the ship as Hanako brought it down through the layers of the atmosphere to settle down in a Star Army spaceport outside of Kyoto. After landing, Hanako began to power down the ship's engines, grabbed her coat from her cabin, and headed down to the cargo bay to fire up the vehicles.

The Taisa's voice echoed through the ship, "Welcome to Kyoto. It is a mild but rainy night so if you wish to go out, bring your weather gear to the cargo bay."

Cherry glanced once again over to Nana, another pang echoing inside her body metaphorically. She knew it wasn't her fault, but seeing another in a similar state as her's (And she KNEW she was in a depressive state) kind of... Poked a little hurt at her.

However, to Misaki she looked over to the officer, staying quiet for a moment before speaking in a calm tone, "Broken heart and Lost purposes. Among other things." She stated matter of factly, adding on, "At least for me."

Returning Misaki's smile, Kim declined the desert politely, having stuffed herself on eating too much mashed potatoes and steak, the soldier didn't feel like pushing down one more morsel of food.

Broken hearts? Remind me to pay extra care that you don't do anything foolish, Misaki-chan... Kim told her lover mentally while her face simply remained cheerful, hiding the worry underneath as she looked over at Cherry and Nana, finding nothing to say that would ease either of them.

The rain reminded the Taisa that she needed to get a new Star Army weather jacket. After losing the last one (as well as her medals) when the Plumeria was destroyed, all she had left was her cream-colored civilian one. A few touches to the control panel lowered the cargo loading ramp at the aft end of the cargo bay, sending in a gust of wet, pleasantly fragrant spring air and a rush of sound from the raindrops hitting the pavement outside. It gave Hanako the urge to pee.

She waited for the others, stretching her arms out in front of her chest. It wouldn't do to be lonely.

Thunder rumbled off in the distance.

Yaichiro approached the Cargo Bay, clad in his civilian attire. The boots, khakis, leather jacket, and a white shirt with a yellow ascot. He carried with him a suitcase of possessions, walking up the ramp toward Hanako. He made sure not to get too far away from Midori. He made sure to bow to Hanako before stepping on the ramp.

"Konnichiwa, Hanako-Taisa. I apologize for the lack of a uniform. I'd sent mine back to the Star Army when it was ordered for the UOC to do so, since I was still undecided. I should have my items returned to me before we leave, though I suspect they'll need to trade in my white panels for grey ones again...

...It's good to see you. How long has it been? About a year now?"

"Mmm," Hanako nodded, staying under the ship's hull for protection from the rain. She bowed to Yaichiro and Midori. "Welcome aboard. It is good to see you again."

A flash of lightning glinted from the clouds off of the water on the ground outside, followed by thunder.

"I was just heading out to do a little shopping tonight. I am waiting for the others, Hanako explained. They are probably being held up by Nana and Cherry. Those two are...emotionally damaged since their crew turned traitor. I hope you are holding up better, Midori," the Taisa smiled for moment, but then became serious. "I thought you were surely dead, you know."

Well, let's go... Misaki reached down and squeezed Kim's hand on her thigh, and slid out of the chair. The officer smiled at their guests, "Excuse us ladies. We need to get ready. Have a good night." She bid them, stepping over to the stairs that would take her and the soldier to the crew lounge, the gateway to their respite.

Nodding at Misaki's mental message, Kim stood as well and smiled at the two depressed ladies as she offiered her excuses politely and cheerfully as she left the Ward Room while she followed behind Misaki, muttering softly under her breath. "Geez, the mood in that room was so heavy you'd need a chainsaw mounted on a PA to cut through it..." The soldier said as she ran her fingers through her blood-red hair as she followed behind her lover towards the crew cabins.

"Yeah, I know what you mean I thought I was starting to see rainclouds or something over'm." Misaki replied as she opened the hatch to her bunk, walking inside. "Just grab what you need till we come back tomorrow, we need to make tracks to the bay. I already made reservations in Aomori, but if you want to go somewhere else say it soon." Turning, she kissed Kim lightly and went to pack.

"A'right." Was all the soldier said as she slipped inside her own bunk to grab a duffel bag, which she basically just hadn't bothered to unpack from when she had joined the ship earlier the same day. Just checking through it quickly, and tossing in a standard Type 30 Female Bodysuit Uniform, Kim was ready to go as she changed into the standard Weather Gear to deal with the weather outside the ship as she left her cabin and closed the door behind her and waited for Misaki.

Misaki put together what she needed, slipping on her weather gear last, then her hat noticeably different was the white border on hers. She waited for that, until they were outside and slung her overnight kit over her shoulder. When the door sealed behind her she smiled at Kim, then ushered her towards the aft of the ship. They made short time in arriving at the rear ramp, and the XO smiled at the two chatting when they stopped to check in with their commanding officer.

Following close besides Misaki, Kim relaxed as she carried her bag over her shoulder, but allready wearing her hat, as she never felt truly comfortable if she didn't wear the hat with the weather gear as they moved towards the aft where Taisa Hanako and the newcomer were chatting. "Well, I had half a mind to visit Norfrost, actually... I've always liked the north, and there's Trölls living around that area too. Admired the things since I was a Younglings."

"Since four months ago?" Misaki teased the soldier quietly, "We could do that still. If the weather isn't beachworthy might as well do the opposite. If there are any we're getting pictures with them. Could use a bit of culture now anyway. We just need to find a shuttle going that way." The blue-haired woman nodded, not finding any real problem with it. The logistics might be strange, but they could work it out.

"Sounds like a plan then." Kim grinned as she stretched slightly, taking a deep breath of the fresh spring air, washed clean from the falling rain as she looked down the aft ramp.

"The air is so...thick." Misaki commented, wrinkling her nose a little.

"Hello Misaki," Hanako greeted her First Officer. "This is Yaichiro, our new chief engineer." The Taisa climbed up onto the side of the hulking STV, pondering who would be in which vehicle. After all, there were only two trucks on the Eucharis, each with only two seats.

Midori's eyes were on the ground as she bowed lightly to Hanako. She was dressed in a long yukata, a soft white color. Her hair was out of her braid. "It is good to see you Hanako-sama...And for a while I wished I was."

Midori's revelation was a little chilling to think about as it threatened to draw her back within herself. All the memories of her capture and prisoner status came rushing back in a torrent of pain. She waited where she was, waiting to see where the others would go, and if she would even be able to follow.

With a slow nod, Nana would rise and quietly make her way off of the ship, brushing past and not speaking another word to anyone. Gloves peeled off, a hand rubbing at each eye in turn as she shifted uncomfortably.

Sleepless nights, work-filled days, she was stuck in the doldrums, and not even the wind or the rain could snap her back to a complete sense of reality. She dropped her eyes, staring down at her feet as raindrops showered her, tinting her bubblegum pink hair a darker shade.

Hanako stopped Nana. "I do not want anyone going off alone. You will need to find a companion, someone besides Cherry." The captain felt that the Asamoya's little emo-muffins needed supervision right now. "Go back inside and see if one of us will go with you." The Taisa was hoping to do some shopping with Midori tonight, so that meant Nana would have to find someone besides her and the samurai.

Yaichiro nodded to the new arrivals, as he was introduced to them.

"Shopping, ne? Do you mind if we come along? This time, I actually have some money to buy things with, unlike before."

This was an understatement...even after buying a Yui 5, Yuriko's House, and giving his child half a million to live on, he STILL had in excess of 2.5 million KS, and expected more soon.

"I'm not sure what I'd buy, but maybe I'll see something..."

"...What?" This surprised Nana a little, and it showed in her face -- her nose gave a little wrinkle of displeasure and she took a single step backwards, brows knitting in confusion. She wasn't entirely sure how to react to that -- she was alone all the time, after all.

"I'm the first officer. Kurusu Misaki Shosa." She told Yaichiro clearly so he'd have no trouble remembering later, if it wasn't clear. "Welcome to the crew. Come to me with any problems you might have, Chief."

Sighing at Nana in the rain, Misaki took her overcoat off, and walked behind the soldier. Silently at first, she set the jacket on her shoulders. "Come on inside, I think Sasorix-hei, the man from before could use your company, ne? Get a spare set of weather gear, then get him and bring me mine back." The blue-haired warrior spoke as softly, and quietly as she could as to not make it a scene.

More loudly she informed her commanding officer, "Kurosora-Hei and I plan to go sightseeing in Norfrost, Taisa."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back