• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 3] New Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 3]

Of course, Misaki-chan. Kim replied simply in the same manner as Misaki had contacted her telepathically as she allowed XO and the CO to help themselves to the food first, before Kim helped herself to a bloodier bit of steak, as well as a good piece of the mashed garlic potatoes.

"I'll be taking advantage of the leave myself, Taisa." Kim replied simply as she sliced her steak and dipped it in the mashed potatoes, using it as a replacement for sauce. If there was one thing to be noted about Kim's eating habits, it was that she was a sucker for garlic.

"Then it is settled, then," Hanako smiled. "After dinner I will detach Eucharis from the Asamoya and land the ship; we will depart after lunchtime tomorrow. I have a few items to ship for, anyway."

The Taisa went back to eating her steak, glancing over to Cherry.

Valen noted that another woman had joined them for dinner. She was a small person, but her bright pink hair hurt his eyes a bit. As he ate a portion of his own steak, Hanako said something about cherries... or was she calling the new arrival 'Cherry'? If the latter was true, that would be interesting. He mused on this as he glanced over at Cherry, then Misaki, then Kim. The tech sentry wasn't really comparing them, but he was more noticing slight similarities... However, he couldn't put his finger on what it was exactly.

Misaki busily helped herself to the potato dish after putting her broccoli in place. She speared one, then mixed it with the potatoes before taking bites away from it. She repeated it a few more times, before stopping for a drink and working on more of her steak. She seemed to like combining tastes.

"Really? Anything interesting?" The XO asked Hanako, wondering what sorts of things the gold-eyed CO bought in her spare time. When you were in orbit to the clan affairs as often as she had been, you heard rumours of the more prominent members and their habits, but she knew you could never believe them unless you heard it from them first.

Cherry took her knife and gently cut a noticably small bit of meat. She never had a big appetite to begin with, really. And so she gently nibbled on the meat... Like a rabbit with a carrot. Save she was a killer rabbit with a piece of meat, or something.

She didn't exchange a look over to Hanako, although telepathically stated to her former-Taisa in question, "I'll be staying on the Asamoya for your off time." She 'spoke' flattly, rather matter of factly, really.

Nobody really expected to see Nana, and it was almost normal for her to simply not be around. This, however, was an exception. She would not be the ghost in the machine, residing alone any longer in the seemingly empty shell of the Asamoya.

Almost unrecognizable in her frazzled state, she made a weak effort of smoothing down her hair, eyes downcast, with lips drawn out in a thin line. She wasn't sure if she was even to be seen, her face burning a deep, shameful molten pink.

"...ano.." The voice that emerged was quiet, weak, and rather forced -- much as Nana herself had been feeling lately.

"Cherry, I want you to join the Eucharis crew," Hanako told her former crew mate. "You need to let go of the Asamoya and start moving forward again. Start over. I also want you to come down to Yamatai with us. Staying in your room being depressed is not going to help you any."

A volumetric list floated over to Misaki.

HANAKO'S SHOPPING LIST said:
* Fur Blankets
* Chrome Egg
* New Medal Case and Medals
* Clothing and undergarments

When Nana walked in, Hanako smiled. "Nana! Welcome!"

Cherry didn't speak for a moment, instead chewing her bit of meat throughly before settling her fork down beside the plate where it was originally. And swallowed.

Then, slowly Cherry looked over to the Taisa, not looking any more at the others then she has before. "No." She stated flatly. "Arigato Hanako. But no." A pause, "I don't plan on staying in my room being depressed."

Misaki quietly mulled over the list, nodding some when her curiosity was satsified. "I need clothes too, but what are the blankets for?" She imagined they might feel nice to lounge on in the larger quarters the captain had, but nothing else.

We could visit Aomori, they have nice beaches there. The XO thought to Kim as they ate. She didn't much care for attitude of her commanding officer's friend but stayed silent, focusing her attention to Nana. "It's nice to have you aboard, Nana-san. I'm Kurusu Misaki Shosa, first officer. Please, sit where you like."

"For my bed," Hanako told Misaki, then directed her attention back to Cherry. "If you do not join my crew, where will you go?" she asked the sprite, feeling somewhat insulted.

Oh, beaches, eh? So, I'll be able to see you wearing something more sexy than the standard training gear? Kim thought back to the XO, her mental message carrying a playful tone and veiled hints as she simply enjoyed more of the bloody steak and the potatoes, knowing very well that by the end of the meal, her breath would stink of garlic and Misaki'd likely die from garlic poisoning if she tried to kiss her.

And what's up with Miss Emotional over there? The redhead soldier asked in the same way, nodding her head briefly towards Cherry while she smiled at Nana. "Welcome aboard, Nana-san. I am Kurosora Kim, Santô Hei, Infantry." Kim welcomed the other newcommer in much the same manner as Misaki, smiling in between mouthfulls of mashed garlic potatoes.

Cherry simply shrugged indifferently to Hanako, pausing before she spoke in a soft tone still, "Somewhere new." Ever so mysterious!

Cherry's Somewhere new, though, could mean many things. Simply, a new ship and crew entirely, fresh start in the Star Army if you will. Or a new fleet, or... Something new from Star Army and such entirely.

The tales that she managed to poke out of Kessah during mutual boredom intrigued her, quite honestly. Even if some of them seemed exaggerated. By a lot. But... It was a humble existence.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

... My purpose in life was to be a warrior for a Empire... Not be some... Spacer... Or whatever it was.

Nana was quiet, head lowered in a respectful manner -- or, at least, it would have been a respectful manner if she wasn't doing it all the time. She took a seat, presumably near Cherry, hands falling against her lap. Her eyes flicked, a brief flash of blue peering towards the strangers.

"Pleased to meet you.." That voice, drifting off, seemed almost robotic, foreign. She hadn't spoken more than one or two words to anyone in so long, even the sound of her own voice made Nana feel disturbed.

Toying briefly with a stray lock of pink, Nana glanced in Cherry's direction, a pang of guilt touching somewhere in her 'heart'. The one person she'd continued to really interact with on the ship (besides the ship herself), and yet she'd felt as though she'd alienated the other, in a way.

You just might see all you like before then. We'll get a hotel room there tonight, so we don't have to travel to the beach from the ship in the morning. Maybe I should let you pick out my suit..if it's more than nothing. Misaki's tone was light, but laced with a similar coquettish pique. Of course the officer didn't have as many potatoes, and had finished those first so the steak would be the last thing she ate. How her breath smelled or for that matter how Kim's did hadn't really crossed her mind.

I don't know, their old crew is gone I know that. Maybe we can get the other one to talk while they argue? The XO had finished her meal quickly, and was nursing her drink while the odd occasion dragged on. "What kind of jobs do you do, Nana-san?"

Valen looked over at the one known as Cherry with a frown. She seemed depressed, but the tech sentry didn't know much about her situation. As to not disturb anyone with meaningless talk, he quietly contacted her mind, Welcome to the YSS Eucharis, Miss... Cherry, was it? I have noticed that you are a bit down right now. I won't intrude on your privacy by asking what is bothering you, but I'll be around should you wish to talk. Even if we don't become crewmates, I'd still like to get to know you and become friends. What do you say? His message may have been a bit long-winded, but the Yamataian didn't think he could've said anything with just a few telepathic words. He was about half-way through his meal by the time he had done this.

Hanako finished her dinner.

In the meantime, Chef Lime brought out a large tray that held slices of rich, moist chocolate cake, coated with coconut pecan icing, serving a small plate from the tray to everyone.

Nana meekly pushed her tray off to one side, her appetite about as big as she felt at the moment -- miniscule and nonexistent. Lips pursed, she straightened up, her eyes fixed on something beyond the table; probably the wall.

"I'm.. a technician, I repair things." Right...? She was beginning to wonder. Once so proud to announce her specialization with the technological, she was now feeling almost ashamed of it, as though it became the only aspect of her being.

"A techie? Remind me to have you and maybe Sasorix-san here help me with some of it? I know how to use most stuff, and do the most basic of basic maintainance, but other than that, I ain't no wizard." Kim said cheerfully as she smiled at Nana, wanting the woman to feel comfortable around them. She continued to slowly stroke Misaki's thigh in an affectionate matter as she polished off the last of the mashed potatoes with the last piece of steak.

Seems to me that they are both a bit... meek? Broken, for a lack of a better word... Kim thought to Misaki, the message carrying slight discomfort and perhaps a tint of sadness. The redheaded soldier truly did feel uncomfortable at Cherry and Nana's meek and rather apatethic manners as she wondered what could have turned them into these... wretches, again for a lack of a better word.

Their old crew must've really messed them up bad. It's hard to see the people you believe in throw down all oaths and abandon you. I would feel alone, if I were them... Misaki thought back after a bit of deliberation over her chocolate cake. "What else do you like to do, Nana-san?" The Shosa asked, as if the conversation wasn't very very muted.

What had been the only apparent bright spot at the dinner was Kim's presence, and the subtle attention while they had their first meal together. The cake is good, try it...we just need to get through dessert.

Their attitude was troubling the XO as well, but she was trying not to show it so the other members of her crew would have someone to look at if the conversation turned uglier.

"We will be doing a lot of work on the ship once the shore leave is over," Hanako told Nana. "Having you aboard should be a big help to us! I remember how you fixed up that Irim...the 'Bumblebee' yes? We are going to be adding redundant cooling systems, additional generators, and probably some updated weapons."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back