• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 4.0] - A Quest into the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Center
Zeta looked back at Yoshiro, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "We are fine, please head the warning we gave. The bodies must be destroyed or you will find yourself fighting zombies as well as the masters."

Concourse
Along the unoccupied concourse that lead to the foyer where the away team had entered, streaked a swarm of parasites. Flying at incredible speed any debris they struck went flying out of the way. Their keening growing louder as they closed upon the soldiers.

"I am sorry about your sister that I..." He said and then trailed off as he turned to Oshiro-Juni. He relayed the suggestion that the neko had. "Oshiro-Juni, I suggest that we burn the bodies that are dead so the parasites have less to work with against us and to seal the room." Yoshiro said. "I can take Saki and the flamethrower to get rid of some the bodies."

"Contact! Close the customs!" Saki shouted as parasites appeared. She let her AMES do the work and point out the target. They were so fast, but she did not really had to aim that well. She raised her flamer and aimed it at the wave of little swirming bodies. Her flamer'S range was only 20 meters so she had to wait. But not for long. Parasites flew so fast, but they were greeted with wall of flame as soon as they got into range. Flaming gel spurted out of the barrel and flew towards its target.

Using his targeting system he fired at the parasites. They were moving fast and he did his best to try and hit them by leading his targets. "We need to seal the vents, Oshiro-Juni so that no more of them can get through!" He shout over the din of combat.

Oshiro-Juni hadn't told him to stop guarding the prisoners... Takamori stood in the customs office, looked between the locked up nekos, the civilians and the open door. Maybe he would be reprimanded. Or worse. But orders were orders and his duty was clear again.

Code:
Juni, I am sealing the door and the vents from the inside of the Customs Office.  I will continue to guard the prisoners and civilians with my life.
He broadcasted it to Arkase only.

To Saki and Yoshiro:
Code:
Best of luck.  I'll do my best to keep everyone in here alive.

With those sent, Takamori tapped the command into the door control panel to seal and lock. Quickly, he tapped a second command to seal the vents. "Don't worry, everyone. The others will be fighting bravely outside to make sure nothing gets in here. And if they do, I'll destroy them," Takamori said to the civilians, adding more confidence than he felt.

The first wave of parasites was like a swarm of giant insects. A good number of them by virtue of their speed shot through Saki's wall of flame. They emerged on the other side as flaming projectiles squealing in agony as they fell to the ground, writhed and died.

Some of the other parasites avoided the flames and frantically searched for hosts. Some of them plunged at high speed into the bodies of the dead left on the floor. The others streaked towards any opening they could find and even some slammed into the chest panels of the away team members.

Even using the armor's targeting to try and take out the parasite was a difficult task, hitting 30 cm targets moving at 145 kph.

Inside the Customs Building the sound of Parasites hitting the door sounded almost like bullets they hit with so much force. The impact stunned the parasites for a moment before they popped up and searched for another target.

Several of the civilians screamed when the barrage of parasites hit the structure, they clung to each other eyes wide watching for any sign of of a parasite.

Zeta looked at Takamori, and said. "Tell your Juni that there are two Rippers approaching. The first is coming from the direction the parasites came from. The other is coming from the central concourse. They a trying to get your people in a crossfire."

Saki made a step back as few parasited hit her. They were not able to penetrate the armour, not even scratch it but they still had momentum and velocity. She looked around to reorientate herself. Quite a lot of parasited got around her, but quitea lot was burned too. She could also seem some of them attempting to bite through the door to Customs. "Pulling back to Customs!" She lasered to Yoshiro and others. "I am going to spray Custom doors with flame-gel. It will keep the parasites away!" She said and boosted back to customs. She carefully aimed her flamer and covered door in sticky gel that was on fire. Fire door like these wouldn't have problem to endure this flame anyway.

"Oshiro-juni are there any tactical updates that we should be aware of?" He said over laser comms as he fired at some zombies that were reanimated and covered Saki as she fired the flamer at the door to flame the parasites. A zombie tried to attack him and he cut off his head with his aether blade. He was getting angry that these parasites were attacking innocents but he had to concentrate on the job.

As the parasites swarmed, Kyoka managed to launch a volley of five missiles out at the horde, but was quickly overrun and knocked to the ground. She activated her weapon's sword capabilities, but the bugs were all over the place, trying to gain entry to her armor. In an attempt to counter this, she turned on her shield module and hoped for the best, struggling to return upright amidst the barrage of bugs.

"Juni, the prisoners say that there are two Rippers coming at you. One from the direction that the parasites are coming from. The other is coming from the central concourse to get you in a crossfire."

Takamori was watching the door and ceiling vent. "Don't worry, everyone. The Star Army has the best soldiers in the entire galaxy, we'll get you out of here soon enough," he said to calm the civilians.

He relayed the same information about the Rippers to the squad, in case the Juni hadn't heard him. "So... what's your name, Ms. Helpful? And why are you so eager to protect your sisters?" Takamori asked Zeta.

Zeta looked at Takamori and regarded him for a moment. "We do have names, not in your sense. My sisters call me Zee-ta. It is the last three symbols of my serial number. My sisters use the designations our Masters have given them.

As for protecting my sisters; I might ask you the same thing about why are you protecting these people?

I protect my sisters because no one else will. I can hear the Masters when they mind speak, my sisters can not. I have been very careful to not let the Masters that I can. But I have not always been successful, as with today sometimes things happen to quickly for me to save them."

Well said, Takamori thought, very well said. "And why is that you have this ability without your masters' knowledge? Defect? Side-effect of something?" he asked, still watching the vents.

The parasites would eventually find their way to it. Whether it would hold was the question he couldn't answer. What could he do to add another layer of security? The wretched Juni had made him remove all the useful defensive explosives. He couldn't figure out an effective way to deal with what would be a flood of fast moving parasites. The forearm weapons would slow, not stop, them.

"Is there anything that repels the parasites? Any weakness?" Takamori asked, putting his butt pack on the ground and opening it.

Customs Office

"I am sure that you know Nekovalkyrja are capable of telepathic communication. We were never taught to use that ability. Why take the time since we were disposable.

But i learned over time when I kept hearing a buzzing sound. At first I could pick up a word or two and eventually I learned to hear them. But I have never tried to send for fear of detection.

The parasites are not very tough but they are fast and small. Fire, and electricity can hurt or kill them. They can not burrow through metal, but they can break glass by repeatedly hitting it at high speed which only stuns them for a moment or two." Zeta answered.

Rattling sounds could be heard in some of the air ducts along with the sound of something hitting metal.

--------------------------------------------

The flaming gel applied to the Custom door burned hot and the parasites that struck it before they could stop burst into flames. The ones that avoided it searched for either new targets or for a way into the building.

"Incoming Rippers, from the parasites' direction and from behind -- Tanaka-hei, come with me to get the one behind us. We'll have to range out from our current position. The rest of you need to stay here." Arkase said to his team.

He turned his back on the parasites, and began bounding toward where the other Ripper would appear. If all went well, he'd meet it out in the open where he and Tanaka could spread out and hammer it at range.

"Roger that, Oshiro-Juni." He said and checked the ammo for his weapons. He followed Arkase as he bounded through the room and headed toward where his Juni was going. He sent Saki a message as he traveled.

To Saki said:
Be careful out there. Don't want my friends to get hurt.
He sent the text and concentrated on the job at hand. He used his aether blade to slash at any of the parasites that got too close and continued to move.

Inner Concourse

Arkase and Yoshiro turned around the corner and saw the Ripper approaching along with two Daisy clad individuals. The power armors looked as though they had seen a lot of combat and been repaired.

---------------------------------
Outer Concourse

From the other direction the Ripper closed quickly behind the parasites. It unleashed a volley of mini-missiles to disrupt the away team and create a distraction.

----------------------------------
Customs Office

Inside the customs building the noise of parasites trying to force their way through the air ducts continued. It was then accompanied by the sound of the water pipes rattling.

Takamori looked around for a way to use electricity or fire, in case the vent did not hold. "Zeta, got any update about the parasites in the vent?"

A rending sound followed by flowing water sounded like the parasites had broken a water pipe. Not good.

Takamori pulled out one of his plastic explosive bundles. Inert until it makes contact with fire. If the parasites broke through, it was useless as a barrier. But if water was leaking, this would hopefully stop or slow its entry into the Customs Office. He flew to the vent and began spreading the malleable plastic explosives over the vent opening.

If anything else suddenly burst open, he'd stuff his explosives down it and set them off.

"Anyone see any water pipes or high voltage electrical wires?" Takamori asked to the civilians and prisoners. If only he now had the blanket which he'd taken out of his buttpack. It would have been a good, if temporary, fuel for a fiery deterrent.

As he got back down, he began distributing the rations he had in his butt pack between the civilians and the Neko prisoners and passed his water canteen around. Fear had a way of drying the mouth.

Code:
Suspect water lines are compromised.  Possible breach of Customs Office through piping imminent.  Will keep you updated.
he messaged the rest of the squad.

Saki was getting ready to fight. RIpper appeared and opened fire with missiles. She was not sure if the missiles have thermal targeting or no, but she fired off her flamer littler to the side anyway while boosting to nearest cover.

She then received message from Takamori. "Saito-san! I got an idea! Cells are barred by force-field. Even if the waterline gets compromised, people should be safe there! Try getting as much civvies there." She used telepathy to tell him while readying her Gauss cannon and Saber rifle.

Customs

From the wash room the sound of metal hitting the floor was heard along with a brief swoosh of water. Then the sound of parasites slamming into the door was heard. The door was reinforced and would hold for a while.

-------------------------------

Main Concourse

The Ripper fired at Saki as she flew to cover, its shots followed her like a swam of bees, but none found their mark.

"Gnnhh" Saki grinded her teeth as she was trying to dodge the ripper. Enemy fire speeded by her. "Under fire, but I am holding up!" She reported while still moving. She boosted to nearest pillar and took cover behind it before leaning out. She took a second pause for AIES and herself took good aim with her Aether rifle. Rifle was still set in beam mode, which was what she wanted. Ripper is too deadly of a enemy to take him on with pulse fire. Saki aimed and unleashed three second beam of aether at her enemy. "SHINNEEEE!" She shouted as she fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back