• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 4.1] Repairs and Recreation

Safety Valve

Once Kenshin entered into the Safety Valve, he walked up to the bar -- ordered a cup of coffee -- and then retreated to one of the empty tables to consume his drink. With each sip, the Yamataian listened to the noisy conversations and generally boisterous behavior of the off-duty pilots that were making use of the facility. A minute or so after his coffee was gone, Kenshin returned the empty cup to the bar and moved on to watching a small poker game already in progress.

Anne sat down and activated on of the consoles in the briefing room. "Yahoo Hiromi," she said. She was feeling good now. She was doing important work and that made all the sense in the universe she needed. "Elisto-san? I had an idea. Why do not we ask Vas-san to join us too? He is EVO, he must have done a lot of scanning too. Plus his mechanical expertize might be of help. He might be a little rough around the edges but he could be of great help. More heads know more, you know." She then said to Elisto.

Elisto was examining some of the data when he heard Anne's suggestion, he looked up from his ICP and then off to the side for a moment in thought. He would be useful, but it's his profile that's the problem...

He stood there in thought, his facial expression was to obvious to anyone there that he was pondering whether it was a good idea to bring Silic into this. "He may be able to help us out yes," he said and glanced back down his ICP for another brief moment.

Code:
To: Silic Vas
Subject: Previous Mission, Intelligence Data, Need a smart technician

Body:

Hey there Vas-hei. Elisto-hei here, Anne-hei and I are in the process of analyzing and figuring out how the NMX Mines and their bombers work. We have a lot of data to go through, and I'd like to know if you can please lend us a hand. We need a technician, someone who knows more about mechnicial stuff than the two of us do.

I know we are on liberty, but given that the NMX probably just put forth a new pain in the butt for us to deal with, I'm hoping that we can figure these mines and bombers out before any of our fleets encounter them next time, and when they do, I'd rather they have the data to properly combat them.

I'm probably asking a bit much, but can you please lend us your expertise?

He sent the message, though he was knowledgable in mechanics himself, having served aboard his own ship and repaired it numerous times due to incompetant officers, he knew that Silic may be able to provide some insight if not think of stuff the two of them wouldn't have thought up. After all, Anne is right: three heads are better than two.

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully for a moment.

"The room is secure, currently collating available sensor logs from the fighters and gunboats. Sensor data has been collated and currently running a comparison of the data. " Hiromi repiled.

"You have my thanks Hiromi, let me know when you are done please," he said and glanced back down at the ICP. Then he walked around to one of the chairs and stood there. "Also, Hiromi, do I have sufficient access to look up Vas-hei's AAR?"

While he waited he stared at the holographic deck then leaned over and typed a few keys on his ICP. The holographic tank located on the table warmed for a few moments, then data began to be feed to it's processors and onboard computers to construct a 3D Representation of the Mine using the sensor data they had.

Safety Valve

Akemi walked into the bar, with a small bad slung over her shoulder. She was wearing a pair of grey slacks, a blue sleeveless top, and had her black hair hanging free. She spotted Kenshin watching the power game walked up to the bar, ordered a non-alcoholic beverage. She then approached Kenshin, "Hey Murasaki-San, glad to see you survived.

You planning on staying on the ship for your shore leave?

I am taking advantage of the leave to visit my sister who happens to be here on business. I just can't take the idea of spending my leave inside of a hull. Blue skies and uncirculated air for me."

She sipped her drink as she waited for his reply.

------------------------------------------------------
"Vas-Hei, there is a message for you. Its coming from the SSS facility on the surface." Hiromi chimed.

To: Silic Vas, Jôtô Hei

Heard your ship was in port here. I still owe you that cup of coffee. Why not come down and we can go to the Warm and Sweet just outside the campus. I get off at 3pm.

Hope you can make it

Safety valve

Ira sat on the other side of the bar with a massive plate of bar food in front of him. He appeared to be all smiles and was steadily flirting with what appeared to be a very healthy and voluptuous Cocktail waitress Neko waitress. Ira had made passing jokes about liking his girls thick. This particular waitress seemed fascinated to find a Nepleslian who was openly flirting with one of her kind.

He seemed in high spirits but made little effort to go and converse with the rest of the squadron in the room.

Silics bunk stirred as a figure under the blankets rolled to face the wall. “I'm on vacation, if its about those jeeps I swear I picked up the extra fire coverage and plugged the bullet holes...” he said, still only roughly one quarter awake.

“It's from an Amanda Burke. Shall I delete it?” asked Hiromi, it was still argued whether computers could be sarcastic but this one certainly got close.

The form under the blanket shot upright, there was a small pause as it processed this information and then it was off. Too bad the lights were out. There was a crash and then Hiromi helpfully illuminated the room.

Silic recovered and sat at his desk, it was great having a room to himself, and read his messages. His choices were either spend the day with the inquisition, aka SAINT agent Elisto, or spend time with a very nice lady who seemed to like him. Yeah, this one was a no-brainer.

He sent a quick affirmative to Miss Burke, thought for a second and then sent a tidbit to Elisto to spare his feelings.

Elisto-hei

If you have questions view my after action report. It explains everything.

-Vas.

Silic turned to rush out the door and get ready when Hiromi commented “Perhaps you should wear more than just a heart patterned undergarment for going outside?”

Briefing Room

"Tereane-Hei, I can find no record of an after action report being submitted by Vas-Hei. I do recall he was writing on a piece of paper, but if it was his report it was not scanned into my system." Hiromi replied.

Elisto couldn't help but shake his head; he'd have expected a person who fought the NMX to jump at the chance of hurting the NMX. Guess I was wrong, he thought as he listened to Hiromi's response. Hmm....

Code:
Vasi-hei

According to Hiromi, there is no after action report.

-Tereane

He glanced up at Anne, his face noticably annoyed.

Anne was looking a little confused. She wanted Silic to came here because he seemed like troubled person. Maybe working with him and showing that she cares for everyone in her wing would help. Anee sighed and looked back at Elisto. "Well Elisto-san it seems he wants to enjoy his day off. No need to worry about that. We could get back to work."

She then took her fighets computer unit and hooked it up with station in the briefing room. She brought up her scanning data. Right from the start of the mission till the landing. She meant to look through them first. Maybe she will notice something new now that she has piece and quite to work and does not need to worry about piloting and possibility of getting killed.

Elisto couldn't help but let out a sigh. "Yea, so it seems. I was hoping we'd get a technician to give us their expertise in this, would make it easier to find weaknesses or faults in the outer casing or perhaps even the hardware."

With a shake of his head, he glanced at the holographic image presented by the sensor data. The mine appeared to be cylindrical with a rounded up top, four extruding objects from the sides were without detail until the projector finally caught it and resolved them to appear like thrusters.

Eight small lights peppered the object all around, though they weren't actively blinking right now the the projector was still finishing up all of the details given to it.

"Now ain't that interesting, looks like a trashcan to be honest," Elisto said whilst rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

USS Hieten Fighter Simulater 6

Errowyn growled as she flew the mission in her kawarime against NMX fighters, both single and against double opponents. Stars whipping by along with other hazards in space. manuevering her fighter around as her mind drifted to other thoughts.

She started out good as her hour in the simulater started out and steadily gotten worse as she tenced up. She glanced at the time remaining and she still had 15 minutes left of her erserved time in the simulator. She could feel the sweat trickle down her back within her flight suit. She growled as she squirmed and the screens went blank with big red letters "Dead" then faded as the question appeared "Restart 34?"

Errowyn growled softly and sat there. "Review last battle," She spoke softly, on how she could've missed that fighter.

Errowyn watched in silence, trying to relax. reviewing what the screen was showing her. Once again got tunnel vision and ignoreed her threat indicator.

-= "You have ten minutes left" =- came the soft computer voice over her speakers within the cockpit of the simulators.

"End session," Errowyn spoke, then listening as hydraulic doors hissed open while unfastened her saftey harness, "Kill Score?"

-= "3 enemy kills to your 2 deaths," =- replied the soft computer voice.

Errowyn knew she was good against 1 v 1, but 2 v 1 was where she had troubles. "Miaow!" She softly exclaimed, taking off the simulator's helmet and setting it on the designated hook for the next scheduled pilot as she left the simulator.

It was shower time, and then review the simulator runs over a cool drink.

Safety Valve

Yaeko could be seen at her corner booth for almost an hour, still talking to the same guy. By this point he was siting next to her, as opposed to across from her. He was showing her something on his comm, after a moment the two of them laughed, still watching whatever the man was showing her. After a few more minutes, his hand was now on her leg. He glanced at her before slowly moving his hand farther up.

A look flashed across Yaeko's face; her eyes widened, her jaw tensed, and a look of anger was in her eyes. However, it isn't the expression that most people would notice because it was there for less than a moment. The thing that people would notice was the cry of pain. To someone not paying attention they would turn and see the man holding his nose and Yaeko holding a steak knife to his exposed throat. To someone that had been paying attention, they would have seen her elbow making contact with his face, him jerking his head back and exposing his neck, and then her hand quickly grabbing the knife and flicking it to his now exposed neck.

The man nudged the knife away from his neck as he stood. "Bitch!" He yelled as he took off out of the bar. Without even standing Yaeko called back to him. "If I ever see your hand touch a woman in that manner again, you're gonna lose it!" She took a quick sip from her margarita and glanced around the room. "Sorry for the disturbance," she called out, since a lot of people were looking at her by that point.

Anne gigles on Elisto's joke. But then she tensed a little. "Well, but trashcans do not ussualy blow up spaceships." She said and went back to scanning her data. She did not have proper scanning of bomber so she went right to the mines. She first started with ion trailes it left. Maybe if they could detect these trails and distinguish them from other trails it would at least warn ship that mines are to be encountered. She also wanted to see for how long the trails stays in the space.

Safety Valve

Kayo had turned at the commotion and was rather stunned by what she saw. She was conflicted, part of her wanted to rush over to Yaeko, another part of her wanted to go after the man. He obviously had done something to offend her squadron mate. It took her a moment to realize that she was already standing, and only her indecision had kept her from going further.

She turned back to her friend, and sat. "Sorry about that. She's a pilot in my squadron. I'm protective of them."

-----------------------------------------

Akemi had an unobstructed view of the encounter from the time of the elbow jab. She watched with interest, but remained where she was. "Living up to her call sign. Dangerous lady when she's been crossed. she thought.

She looked at her chronograph and then said to Kenshin, "Well, I have a shuttle to catch. See you around." She then walked to the bar, ordered a bottle of Hanako's Spiced Rum. Paid for it, and walked over to Yaeko.

"Nicely done, just the right amount of force and intimidation ma'am." she said as she placed the bottle on the table.

Safety Valve

A pleased grin flashed upon Kenshin's boyishly handsome face, whilst his chocolate brown eyes turned their gaze from the card game and fell upon the pleasing sight of Akemi instead, drinking in her appearance Being off-duty, Kenshin was out of uniform -- wearing a serviceable, clean white shirt beneath his favorite jacket as well as some darkly colored pants and boots.

"Well, hello there Tamahagane-San... ah, I think I may pay Chiharu station a visit whilst we're here -- I haven't had the chance to fully explore an Iori-Class fortress before. Last time I was aboard one was back when I served aboard the Ryokō during a supply run from Hoshi no Iori to Shirakawa carrying equipment and foodstuffs, about two years back. We had to move onto the next port on delivery schedule once the cargo was off-loaded -- not much time to look around."

The Yamataian's mildly pleased grin visibly intensified as the Neko professed her preference for planet-based shore leave. "If there's still time after I'm done looking around Chiharu, I may visit Ronica as well -- though it doesn't hold as much appeal for me as it seems to for you. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind visiting planets occasionally -- and the views can be stunning at times -- but I've spent most of my life in ships or stations. Personally, I prefer artificial lighting, climate control and standardized gravity." He shrugged softly and added, "To each their own, I guess."

"Perhaps I'll run into you whilst down--" Kenshin's statement was interrupted by Yaeko's violent chastisement of her companion. His gaze briefly redirected to her booth along with half the other patrons of the bar. "-- Dang. Remind me never to get on her bad side."

When Akemi indicated she needed to leave in order to catch her shuttle, Kenshin nodded softly and said good-bye. He turned his attention to the crowd of bar patrons, idly sifting through the faces for a few dull moments.

Safety Valve

"Get outta my way!" Snapped a male voice, making Errowyn jump out of the way of the hastly departing man from the club.

She paused as she watched the man flee down the corridor and then slipped into the bar. She was wearing her shipboard uniform and a data pad in her hand as she made her way to a nearby empty booth along the wall to relax.

Shoving her slightly damp hair back behind her as she set the pad on the table before her as she looked at the one of the waitresses approached her table. "Orange juice," was all she said, scrunching farther back into the booth to review the simulator run data.

Yaeko smiled at Akemi when she walked over and gladly accepted the bottle. "I take my innocence very seriously, and I have no patience for perverts." Yaeko uncorked the bottle and began pouring herself a glass. "There are so many men who think they they're hot shit and can walk around preying upon poor, innocent, young women like ourselves. I hate them almost as much as the damned squiddies." She took a long drink, emptying half her glass, and grimaced a bit, clearly not accustom to the strength of this drink. "What happened to the sensitivity of the male gender? But I digress... Would you like to join me and share the bottle of rum?" As she said this she grabbed a second glass and prepared to fill it from the bottle.

Briefing Room

Elisto merely smirked and watched the holographic representation of the mine as the system filled in all of the details based off the records and information that Hiromi was gathering. When it was completed, small holograhic tabs began to appear, each tab was displaying what parts of the mine were either made out of, or what a particular item was on it did based off what sensors picked up on those areas.

He was standing there with both of his arms folded. "Hiromi, run an analyzes on the sensor reading, look for any particle patters in the phase device this mine uses. Anything that we might be able to use to track it, also, analyze the impulse signature please," he requested and began to run his own analyze. "We'll do the same thing Anne-hei, just to make the process go quicker," he glanced down at his ICP and began to run the diagnostics. "The explosive force of the mine was enough to damage our gunboats who didn't even see it, so its phase components do work, managed to hide it from our sensors."

"All we can do is look for an impulse signature, but even so that won't make it things any easier as we'll only be able to pick those up if the mine is actively moving. So our best bet might be to focus on it's actual energy signature, which for a mine may be rather small but it depends on how advanced the phasing device is. If we had some wreakage of a mine then we'd be easier to study it." Elisto began to rub his chin thoughtfully.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back