• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 4.1] Repairs and Recreation

Safety Valve

Akemi considered her time before her shuttle launched and Yaeko's offer. Not wanting to offend the senior pilot, she opted for a compromise.

"I do not have much time, Munkata-San. But I would be honored to share a drink before I head to the surface. My sister is here on business and we are going to have lunch together. Please make mine two fingers worth." she said with a grin.

While she waited for Yaeko to fill her glass, she sent a quick message to Kenshin via communicator.

To: Murasaki Kenshin-San
Subj: Shore leave

I will be having lunch with my sister at the Empirial Star restaurant outside the SATA facility. I should be free after the lunch if you would like to get together and do something planet side.

Yaeko poured the liquid into the second glass and then handed it to Akemi. Yaeko then took her own glass and held it outwards. "Cheers!" After a quick glass clink she down the remainder of her glass before filling it back up. "You know, I never drank alcohol before I enlisted. Even with mental backups, the potential of death all of the time has the tendency to rearrange one's priorities."

Akemi lifted the glass and downed it, savoring the flavor and mild burn as she did so. She placed the glass back onto the table.

"I understand. My father is the head of our clan's Samurai, and while he understands the usefulness of Soul Transfer technology, his advise to my sister and I was the same. That we should strive to avoid having to be restored as much as possible. So far so good I say. My sister has been in longer and only had to be restored twice, which is pretty good given what she does.

Well, enjoy the rum. I need to get to that shuttle." Akemi said with a smile.

She then turned and walked to the exit. She paused just long enough to survey the room and make note of her various team mates. Turning she left as she adjusted her sword on her back.

Silic meanwhile was having the time of his life, he'd just arrived at the showers and was getting busy with the shaver. He looked down as he worked, being careful not to nick anything. The small mirror he'd brought with him performing admirably, his lather helping him keep track.

It was difficult to shave on a face with as many small cuts as his after all.

Safety Valve

Errowyn sighed as she looked over the data from her last runs in the simulator. Frowning as she reached out and grabbed the glass of orange juice and took a healthy drink. Humming softly as she slowly scrolled through the information, her mind turning it into pictuers of her flight.

The 'Waht if's" began to fill her mind as she continued to study the information, making notes as she took ocassional drinks and purred softly.

Safety Valve

A pair of patrons of the bar, walked over to the Karaoke machine and switched it on. Together they started boisterously singing to a rock song. The duo what they lacked in vocal talent made up for with personality and shenanigans. Once they were done, they dared someone else to take a turn.

SSS Facility on Ronica
Amanda looked at her terminal and smiled. The soldier she had met on Aqueous had agreed to come down and visit. She picked up the oddly shaped wrapped object off her desk. "I hope he likes this." she said to herself. She grabbed up several datapads and left her office. She dropped them off with one of the interns with instructions to deliver them promptly.

Her duties complete she headed out and and hailed a cab.

Briefing Room
"Analysis of sensor data is complete, extrapolation of object physical structure and latent properties complete.

Sensor data indicates an estimated size of 3 meters by 3 meters. Ion trail emissions are consistent with thruster technology. Other ships reported similar sighting. The mines appear to have to unsphase to engage their thrusters to change their position, velocity and vectors.

They also appear to dephase just moments before detonation." Hiromi chimed in as she improved upon the graphic representation of the mine.

Meanwhile, Silic had rushed back to his cabin and was getting dressed. Should he wear the suit? No, too formal. Jeans then? Perhaps too casual. Decisions decisions.

Hiromi spoke up nonchalantly “Elisto-hei has sent another message.”

Silic grunted in response, the awkward silence hung for a few moments while Silic shuffled through his limited belongings.

“He says he cannot find your report on the system. What shall I tell him?”

“Tell him to suck a lemon.” Silic replied evenly, suffering Hiromi's weaponized silence for a moment before giving in, exasperated. He picked up a sheet of paper and wrote on it for a few minutes. Once satisfied he folded the thing up into a paper aeroplane, went to his door and launched it down the hall. “See that he gets that.” he said, before going back to his accessories for his mansuit.

Briefing Room

Elisto glanced up at the ceiling as he heard Hiromi's statement and observed the representation of the mine become altered based on the data she had. "Interesting," he rubbed his chin.

"So," he continued to rub his chin while thinking. "The little bastards designed a weapon that we can't actually shoot right off the bat, we have to wait for it to dephase to either move or to get ready to detonate." He tapped the volumetric display, which split into four seperate displays to show various read outs and data analyses.

He looked at the data scrolling on the displays, his eyes looking for anything that could be of use. "Really though, since the emissions coinside with current day thruster technology, we'd need some other way to detect them...." he stood there.

Anne looked at the holographic image. She was deep in though adn was going through information Hiromi just gave her. "We cannot find it, because it is not there...." she said out loud. It was just though of hers. She then turned to Elisto. "We cannot detect because it is not there right? It is phased? But that just means we must no looks for it here, but we need to look for it there!" She exclaim and clapping her palms as if everything she just said was crystal clear. Which it probably were not judging from Elisto-san's face.

"I mean," she started explaining when she saw her coworker. "That we cannot detect it in this space. It phases into different space, so we must look there. Though for that we would need to get our hands on phase tech. I mean if we would make small sensor that would phase, looked for anything in phase-space and then returned to our regular space, then in theory we could detect them most easily. We are just looking for solution in bad space."

Briefing Room

"Problem is getting out hands on it," Elisto pointed out and continued to stare at the holographic display. "We may actually have to hold off until we get access to that kind of technology, hell, we'd need to capture an NMX ship with its database intact to have a chance at that."

"Or, the next time we run into the mines, try and hit to disable them. Problem is that they dephase just long enough to detonate so we are right back to square one. Detecting them, only means to really do so is when they dephase to move into a better position." He let out a frustrated sigh and continued to rub his chin.

"Hiromi? Do you know if any of the ships during the previous battle were able to salvage anything? Anything that may have the appearance of this mine?" His eyes flickered up toward the ceiling as he spoke, curiously pondering that question he had just asked.

Safety Vavle

Errowyn scowls at the two that begins to sing along with the Karaoke machine. Their songs and antics were very distracting from her review of her time in the simulator. She sets the Data pad down and watches them.

Then one of them motions for someone else to take the mic for the next song.

On impulse, Errowyn moves from her seat and moving to the Karaoke Machine and taking the mic from them as she flips through the selections. Finding an obscure song by an unknown female artist, picks it.

heroes come and go in a blaze of glory...
reaching out beyond the norm...

Eyes full of mischieve from a troubled soul ...
reaching forever outward to that goal...

Wanting rest, but never finding it...
In an universe full of termoil...

la la la la de laaaaaaa...
la la laaaa de laaaaaa...'

Heroes here today and gone tomorrow...
did we lose the way...

Striving for that illusive goal...
every way and all day....

laaaaa la la la de laaaaaaaa
la la la de laaaaaaa...

Heroes! Heroes! where have they all gone?
here today and gone tomorrow...

Who... who will replace them?...
Will it be me or will it be you.....

It was a short song and a long ending in instrumentals, She looked at the patrons remaining in the shipboard bar, looking back at her in silence as she set the mic on the machine and returned back to her seat to resume her review.

Safety Valve

Kenshin smiled softly to himself at the antics now taking place upon the stage, before he removed himself to the bar and back to his billet. A few minutes later his duffel bag was packed and he was ready to head off. Checking the time, he saw there was still a few hours before Akemi's lunch date with her sister -- still plenty of time to explore the station, perhaps do some shopping, before meeting up with the Neko afterward.

If yamataian recalled correctly, the weren't many places to go on Ronica accept Fukuoka city -- the only other destinations were Fort Hankou, the various refugee camps, and the wilderness. So after joining Akemi at the Empirial Star they'd probably explore together what the young colony had to offer.

After leaving his quarters, Kenshin was off to Chiharu.

Anne folded her arms on her chest deep in though. "Well I bet this phasing technology is same, Yamatai encountered earlier. NMX are known for this after all. Maybe we could get that looked into too." She said to Elisto.

Briefing Room

Abruptly the volumetric display vanished, and the on the terminal screen the following text scrolled.

"Directive 137.9 implement. All data on this object is hereby sealed. All data is being transferred to SAINT for further investigation. This order comes from Tamahagane Mai-Chujo."

Once all the records had been transferred, they were expunged from the ICPS

Ronica
Akemi's ride on the shuttle was relatively uneventful. She took advantage of the quiet to reflect upon the mission, and on her upcoming visit with her sister. It had been a while since she had seen her big sister.

The shuttle touched down at Tenbun Starport. When the doors opened she picked up her bag and exited the shuttle. She needed to get Grav train station so she could get to the fort. Akemi made it to the train with a few minutes to spare. She purchased her ticket and boarded. A few minutes later the train left the station in silence.

SSS
Amanda rode in her cab heading to the starport. She was looking forward to getting to know the soldier she met under unusual circumstances better.

Anne looked at the volumetric display for a few seconds before she blinked few times. "What just happened?" she asked with confusion in her voice. They just started working and this happened? Why? Are they not trusted with this matter?

Elisto blinked for a few moments while staring at the now blank display and glanced off to his side for a moment. Why would the director suddenly pull directive one three seven point nine? he pondered curiously to himeslf, had he been an officer he would inquiry about it but he didn't have that kind of authority.

"You're guess is as good as mine," an ounce of confusion present in his tone, or perhaps there is something 'else' going on that we are not aware of....

He continued to stand there in thought.

Anne took few seconds to think. Elisto was member of SAINT and she obvisouly was not. And he let her work on secret stuff. Maybe his higher-ranking officers did not liked it. She was just medic after all. "Uh... Elisto-san? Was this because of me? I now I am not SAINT but I just wanted to help. I would hate to be a burden, I can just leave." She said and her voice sound shattered and sad.

Briefing Room

Elisto stood there for a few more seconds before shaking his head. "I doubt it's because of you, but I do need to take care of something so perhaps its best to leave for now. Perhaps we can meet up later, perhaps for dinner?" he asked before glancing back down at his ICP and noticing that all of the data related to what he had been investigating was gone.

Code:
To: Ittô Heisho Eika Konpeki
Subject: Directive 137.9 Enacted

Body:

Konpeki-Heisho? I was investigating the mines and bombers with a fellow pilot when Directive One Three Seven point Nine was enacted. Is it alright for me to ask what is going on?

Anne looked timid and embarassed. "Hai," she responded, bowed slightly, grabbed ICP and left the room. She was not far from breaking into tears. It was clear that it was her fault seeing how fast Elisto sent her away. She was just doing something she should not and that is why they pulled the data away.

Anne had still problems wrapping her head around military. Do they even trust each other enough? And if they do not, why they didn't take the data right at the beggining? Why waiting and letting them work for so long? THey must have known about this, since ship AI was in it and Anne and Elisto had whole briefing room for themselves.

Whatever the cause it seems like Anne was burden and she hated for that to happen. She was for once happy to have room of her own. For now. Anne just walked in her room and fall straigh on the bed wrapping her face in her pillow.

Kenshin's stay on the star fortress was short, but sweet, and the young yamataian did manage to have a good look around. He visited the temple dedicated to memory of Ketsurui Chiharu, several stores -- in which he bought a few miscellaneous items that caught his eye -- and the Blue Lotus restaurant. The attractive brown-skinned manager of the restaurant, who for some reason reminded Kenshin of his appointment with Akemi, perhaps due to their similar hair-styles. Checking the time, the pilot realized he had pretty much reached the point at which he would have to leave so as to avoid being late. The young man made his way to one of the Chiharu no Iori's shuttle-bays, and shortly thereafter was on the next flight down to Ronica's Tenbun starport.

The flight was quiet, and his passage through customs was relatively swift. It didn't take Kenshin long to look up the address of the Empirial Star and catch the next passenger train. The young yamataian peacefully read a book he had decided to purchase on the station, whilst the vehicle and its trailing cars flowed effortlessly across the planets landscape in defiance of of gravity, onwards towards their destination.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back