• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 4.3] - Supply Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Negative we dispatched a Kuma V8 Medivac shuttle to your location, it is three minutes out." Came the reply.

The LUT came to a screeching halt, the brown clad Yamataian's looking wide eyed at Athena. "Hello, the name is Jacob Hanscom. We are with the Yamatai Scientific Studies Service, we are here to pick up some supplies." the brown hair male said.

-------------------------------------

As Elliot fought to regain his senses a shiny black figure walked past him, only pausing briefly to give him a kick to the gut. It then walked away towards the entrance.

Elliot doubled over, gasping for air, all the while his hand searched for his pistol. They found the familiar grip a moment later, he rolled over onto his stomach and fired two quick shots through hazy vision.

Three minutes?? She thought to herself.

"Hello, the name is Jacob Hanscom. We are with the Yamatai Scientific Studies Service, we are here to pick up some supplies."

"Santo Hei Stamoules, YSS Aeon..there is a bit of a situation here. Not clear on the details, but it is not safe for you. But if you are who you say you are, you can alert the authorities to a security breach as you get out of here." She said, keeping the pistol trained on the LUT.

She changed her stance to keep the new LUT and the entrance when she heard the additional shots. She really did not like the position that she was in. Having to split her attention to both the entrance and the civilians. She closed her eyes for a split second to say a silent pray that Jacob is who he says he is. Having a second pistol would make her feel much more at ease.

"Well Santo Hei, it sounds like you have a situation and could use a hand. We are with SSS Security. With your permission we'll stay and help. The equipment we were here to pick up is for the Security team, some of our Tanken armor, and weapons. I would really hate for someone to steal them." Jacob said with a smile not moving his hands at the moment.

"Well then, we can use all the assistance we can get. A medical shuttle is inbound to evac these two out of here. Should be here in about five minutes." Athena said, purposefully misquoting the ETA. She had no way of verifying who they said they were, especially being civilians. But everything still seemed off to her. But she dropped her aim towards them and turned towards the door.

She then pointed towards the door that Elliot and the gunfire commenced from. "That is where all the commotion has occurred. I have no way of verifying what is going on as I have to watch these two. I just hope he can handle himself until you get to him." Athena said as she briskly walked over to her patients to make sure their condition was still stable by looking at her scanner with one hand. She still kept the civilians in view with the corner of her eye.

"OK, Mary you stay here and watch the Santo Hei's back." Jacob said as he drew his SSS issued NSP. "Micah you're with me. Let's see what's going on inside the warehouse." He said as he started walking towards the structure.

"I'm on it Jacob," the red headed woman replied, she had a Nepleslian face and spoke Nepleslian. She walked over, "Nasty piece of work, from the looks of it. Are they going to make it? My training in medical is as a nurse. Oh where are my manners.. my name is Mary Mercer. " she said holding out her hand.

"Be careful in there. There is another Santo Hei, that went in. Infantry branch. Has an non-standard issued pistol. All others might as well be treated as hostile." Athena said towards the two as they moved to go in.

Athena was squating down next to her LUT, looking at her medical scanner for any changes.

"Nasty piece of work, from the looks of it. Are they going to make it? My training in medical is as a nurse. Oh where are my manners.. my name is Mary Mercer. "

She got a little two caught up with the scanner and slightly got startled when the red head started talking to her. Athena looked at the outstretched hand for a moment with her golden eyes and handed her medical scanner, moving her wings in lieu of a handshake.

"Athena Stamoules. The Nito Hei is the worse of the two. Someone thought it was proper to not only shoot him, but to also stab him in the abdomen. Must have put up quite a fit to get close ranged. I could have removed it myself, but I do not really have the equipment or the time to do it properly. So it is stabilized until he gets to a medical lab." She said pointing towards the Nito Hei. "She is a little more fortunate. While she received a shot from a NSP, but it does not seem to be a severe burn. Given both of them hemosynthetic to help with the healing while we wait on the medevac shuttle. So long as nothing aggravates their condition and the nanobots did not miss something critical, they will pull through."

By now Elliot was back on his feet, dropping the semi-empty magazine from the gun and slapping a fresh one home. He brought the pistol back into a shooting grip as he sighted the black figure and shouted, "Hey fuck head! We're not done yet!" before releasing the slide and opening fire.

The person in the Junsa stopped and turned as the rounds ricocheted off the armor plating. "How typical, I shall enjoy killing you." the person said.

At that moment two NSP blasts struck the armor from behind. The blasts had minor effect but the Junsa whirled and fired two blasts from its left forearm.

Elliot emptied the entire magazine into the armor, hoping for some result. The only return he received however was his pistol's slide locking back on an empty chamber. His only reprieve was the sight of energy weapons fire slapping against the hostile suit from the back. The Nepleslian took the oppurtunity and ducked into a small side passage, both of it's walls composed of large purple cases with small numbering stenciled on them. Off of some small hope he holstered his empty weapon and pulled one down, thumbing off the locking tab before opening it.

The box in question was identified as a case of assorted grenades.

Type 30 Electromagnetic Pulse Grenade (White body with green stripe)
Type 30 Scalar Pulse Grenade (White body with orange stripe)
Type 30 Stun Grenade (Silver Body)

However, it was the box under it that held the most promise for Elliot. It was designated Ke-M4-W2901 (4)

A slight grin grew across his face as he spied the second case, two of the EMP grenades found their ways into his pockets as he tossed the first case aside and cracked open the second.

Skilled hands pulled the first rifle from its resting place and quickly loaded it, seemingly satisfied he clicked off the safety and pulled one of the grenades out as he stalked slowly toward the corner.

Outside the Warehouse

Overhead a T8 Medivac shuttle started its descent towards the LUT. It gently touched down and the rear doors swung open. Two EMT personnel exited the craft. "Santo Hei Stamoules?" the lead one called out. "We are here to pickup two injured soldiers."

--------------------------------------

Inside the Warehouse

The two SSS personnel were just inside the door way using whatever they could for cover. They took turns pelting the Junsa clad armored person, only Jacob actually had a chance to hurt the armor but the person was not giving him a clear shot.

Elsewhere in the warehouse Elliot heard the other individuals moving about having recovered from the flash bang like he had.

Athena looked up when she started to hear the familiar sound of a T8 shuttle. She shielded the two from any debris that might have been blown their way with her body as the shuttle descended down.

"Santo Hei Stamoules?" one of the EMTs called out. "We are here to pickup two injured soldiers."

Athena turned towards them and quickly moved to them. "They are the two next to the LUT over there. I need two litters so we can move them. The male was stabbed with a knife and shot with ballistic rounds. The female was shot as well both with what looks like a NSP and ballastic rounds. I have stabilized the knife and controlled bleeding with both of them." She spoke to the EMT that spoke to her before.

Elliot's eyes fell of the back of the Junsa, with a slight smirk he pulled the grenade's pin loose with his teeth and chucked it down the hall. He was counting off the seconds as he emerged from his bit of cover and dashed down the passageway rounding the next corner, the rifle firmly pressed into his shoulder.

The EMT's went back into the shuttle came out with two grav gurneys, a trauma kit and a Type 31C med kit.

They set the gurneys down next to the patients. After a quick vital check, "They appear to be stable, let's get them into the shuttle and out of harms way." They worked to load the soldier with the belly wound first. Then turned to Athena, "You two load the other patient and bring her over."

---------------------------------------------------

The grenade landed next to the Junsa just as it discharged its electromagnetic pulse. The armor lurched as its systems were overwhelmed for the moment. The SSS personnel sensing an opportunity came out of cover and pulled the trigger on their NSPs only to find the weapons non-functional as smoke wisps came from them.

Around the corner he spotted three individuals. Two of whom were holding LAS Rifles. The third was behind an open crate rummaging through it.

For Elliot everything slowed down as the adrenaline laced blood slammed through his head, his arm instinctively pulled the rifle closer to his shoulder as the sights almost automatically settled over the female Nepleslian's chest. She sees him as well, her blue eyes locking onto his green ones as the tell tail twitch of her arm tries to move the rifle a second to late. Those same eyes shot open with pain as fine droplets of red scattered into the air, three slugs had cleanly opened up her throat.

One second.

The other, a male, was screaming at him. Elliot couldn't make out those few words as the sights slewed almost painfully slow to the next target. The man, brown eyes this time, his mouth contorted open in a scream as he fired his own weapon from the waist. Elliot squeezes the trigger as the first round zipped over his head, close enough to tear hairs. The male jerked backwards as his chest was ripped open by a long burst, his own blood adding to what the female had sprayed into the air.

Two seconds.

And that was it, everything snapped back to a 'normalcy' in a painful manner, Elliot's senses painfully aware as the iron rich smell of blood mixed with the odors of the warehouse. He squezed the trigger again, a long automatic burst spraying into the crate that the previous visible 'bad guy' had been hiding behind. He stopped and shouted, leaving nothing of his intentions hidden in his voice.

"Put your fucking hands up now! I swear I will fucking kill you without a second thought." He was advancing, the rifle sights still trained on the crate.

Athena positioned the grav gurney next to the Santo Hei and motioned Mary to lift from her lower legs and Athena grabbed onto the Santo Hei's shoulders.

"On my count..1..2..3" Athena said, lifting up and sliding the woman on 3.

Mary helped Athena get the person on the gurney, and then guide it to the shuttle. "Guess you never know when training will pay off. They recently taught those of us in the Tanken section this kind of stuff."

-----------------------------------

"I think not Soldier boy." Came a female voice, which was followed by a stream of energy bolts which sliced through the crate and came towards Elliot in a sweeping movement, the distinctive sound of a GP12 firing.

"I think not Soldier boy."

Elliot's eyes widened slightly before the crate began to disintegrate, the beams of lethal energy flashing to his right before sweeping toward him. He dropped, diving forward for the comforting hard surface of the floor as the beams crackled the air just above his head.

He tightened his shoulder, now prone, and fired into the crate not realizing he was screaming at the top of his lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back