• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

"Working on it!" Saki shouted. She put more pressure on her energy blades trying to speed up the cutting. When she heard the lock snap, she started forcing the doors open, first with her hands, then with her whole body.

The prisoners in the first room did not waste anytime getting out of the room. They carried their fellow prisoners who were not ambulatory. They muttered their thanks as they passed the Star Army personnel and gathered at the middle of the hallway.

As Saki worked to open her door, she soon found that the door moved easier as several of the prisoners were pushing the door to the side from the interior. Once it was opened wide enough another stream of prisoners started flowing out of the room.

The ones gathered in the hallway looked back to the soldiers. "So where are we supposed to go now?" one of them asked.

The two Rippers fell forward from the final barrage and lay smoking. The rest of the NMX personnel were busy with fighting the fires at the moment.

“Shina-Heisho will lead you to our shuttle for evac.” Trowa answered the prisoner’s question. “Shina-Heisho, as soon as you reach the shuttle alert the Taisa.” The Nepleslian pilot then sent a message to Kyoka.

Code:
Tsubei-Heisho, this is Yamamoto-Heisho. We’ve got the prisoners and are making our way to the shuttle.

"That would be fine Yamamoto-Heisho. But perhaps you failed to notice that the lift is pretty much non-functional. We need to move the lift upwards so that the prisoners can climb down using the emergency ladders in the shaft. Get another one of the team to help you, your power armors combined should have enough strength to push the lift up so that you can secure it there. Then we'll start moving the prisoners down." She instructed.

"Alright, new plan. Tanaka-hei, find a way for us to get out of here without building falling on us. Emiko, stick with me and pick off any stragglers. If the tremors stop, we are going to go down and find out what's in those boxes." Kyoka quickly summed up. "Now go!"

"Roger that." Yoshiro said lauched his drones to find a way out. "Come on, little drones find us a way out of this rathole." He made sure that the drones scanned everything that he could see.

The tremors subsided when the secondary explosions ended. More of the NMX were heading towards the burning structures carrying portable fire fighting equipment as well as wheeling larger equipment..

Saki ran back towards the elevator. With so many people around she had to turn off her barrier module so her CFS shielding won't hurt people. She felt little naked thanks to that, but she could still make the smaller shields if needed.

"Sir I think we all need to help to move the elevetor." She said and flew down under the elevator into the elevator shaft. She tried pushing above to see if was even movable, though most likely by herself it would do nothing.

Kim lowered herself through the hole activated her armors CFS and took a position opposite of Saki. She looked for something on the side of the shaft that she could brace herself against when it came time to push.

"We can go ahead and try to push it between our natural strength, and the Mindy's add, we should be able to lift the elevator car up and out of the way." She said to Saki

Saki looked at Kim and nodded. What her superior said was true after all. "Yokai," she said and readied hersel, taking a deep breat. "On three then? Ich...., ni...., san...." She counted and on three she started pushing.

Kim pushed at the same time as Saki. At first the elevator car refused to budge, but with a groaning of tortured metal they started to make progress. Once they got it moving it was easier, and in a matter of minutes they had the car clear of the door so the prisoners could be safely evacuated.

With the car high enough, Kim activated her forearm weapon in sword mode and used the heat of the blade to fuse the car on her side to the tracks it followed.

"Tsubei-Heisho, should we do something about the NMX Nekos?" Yoshiro asked continuing to scan for a way out. He was starting to get a bit scared and it showed in the way he asked his question.

Yoshiro would notice the hatch above the observation port, which had a number of warnings about atmospheric conditions. Which made it pretty clear that it must make its way to the surface.

Meanwhile the NMX forces were all now engaged at the far side of the area trying to contain the fire before it reached the volatile agents and blew up the entire chamber.

Kyoka bit her lip. They had a great opportunity to find out what the NMX were doing here, considering that enemy forces were otherwise occupied with the fires and the other squads. At the same time, the possiblity that everything could backfire horribly and kill all of them.

She could remember back to her interview, her naive answer of "I guess I want to be an officer," to the Taisa's questioning. Being in a position of command wasn't something that one could take so halfheartedly. She thought a little more closely to the present about her first mission. Haruhi Juni was such a hardass she mused, reflecting on the situation. But she knew what she was doing. She did the right thing when she could. Now I gotta make that call.

"Alright, we're pulling back. or further away from those fires. I get the feeling that whatever they're doing down there will destroy the complex if the fires reach it. I'm going to call the others and the Aeon to get the situation. And if anything shoots at us, shoot back."

Code:
Kim-Heisho, status report. What's going on down there?

Saki breathed heavily, even with her own strength and Mindy's own muscle it was tough dealing with the elevator. She held even tighter as Kim had to fuse it to the walls. When that was done she tried to let go, seeing if the elevator would hold. It seemed okay.

"Huff.. this was tough." She said looking at Kim. "Ma'am I suggest we head downstairs and secure the evacuation route. Some of those monsters could still be there."

"Tsubei-heisho, I have found a hatch that we can climb out of and get out of here." Yoshiro said point up at the ceiling. "Whoever is coming to get us is going to be able to find us up there." He climbed up in to the hatch to help his commanding officer.

Emiko flashed a small smile which was hidden by her helmet and spoke in a relieved voice to Yoshiro. "Great! I was getting tired of sneaking through NMX infested tunnels, anyway."

As Yoshiro climbed up to the hatch, Emiko turned back the way they had come. Whilst Yoshiro tried to get the way out open, the engineer kept an eye open for any signs of pursuit from the enemy.

Yoshiro called his drone up to him and scanned the area. He wanted to know as well but it seemed like they were outside and he hoped that that was where they were. "Scanning the area now, Tsubei-heisho." Yoshiro said.

Trowa covered the rear as Kim and Saki worked to move the elevator out of the way. “How’s it coming?” He asked over the comms, and ushering the prisoners to a corner out of the way yet close enough to start faring them down.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back