• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

"Aniki I will send a drone up front!" Saki said and activated her little scout. She started thinking about naming that little thing, though that might now be good, since these little thingies got destroyed really easily. She could try and put better AI in it, maybe convince some tech-neko to put some shields on it so it can survive first hit and then run for it. Possibilities were there. Saki sent the drone forward to scout, as she moved to Trowa's position her gun at the ready.

Trowa was about to move when Freyja’s question made him stop. The Nepleslian glanced over his shoulder at the shuttle pilot and said sarcastically, “No this is the way to the bathroom.” He looked over the barricade again, searching for any movement. He suddenly regretted his sarcastic comment. Though it seemed like a long time in reality it wasn’t that long ago that he was the new and inexperienced member. And like him, Freyja wasn’t an infantry man, she was a pilot; although, he was beginning feeling a lot more comfortable with this whole infantry thing. “Yes, I believed it is Freyja-Hei; though the NMX didn’t put up any signs to follow.”

Trowa was set to move again when another question, this time from Emiko stopped him. Kyoka wanted some back up. Trowa didn’t want to send Saki. He had come to trust and rely on her skill to much. He knew she had his back in a firefight. Freyja? No, Trowa would rather keep her close so he could keep an eye on her. “Murasaki-Hei, you head up and support Tsubei-Heisho. Arai-Hei, Freyja-Hei and I will keep moving forward.”

Moving past the barricade the dead NMX neko's lay in various sprawls. That they were willing to confront the Aeon away team without power armor spoke about their loyalty.

Looking down the passage way they saw three doors at the end of the hallway. Two were at the very end on either wall. The third was about 20 feet further up on the right. They appeared to be some sort of Security door.

-------------------------------

Two of the neko's working on the passage below the observation booth, starting fighting each other. Knives were drawn and the other workers move out of the way lest they were struck by the combatants.

Cowboy said:
Trowa was about to move when Freyja’s question made him stop. The Nepleslian glanced over his shoulder at the shuttle pilot and said sarcastically, “No this is the way to the bathroom.”

Freyja didn't know how to respond, sis she just upset Trowa, did she just cross some line asking. she was glad the helmet was hiding her face or every one could have seen how upset she was.

Cowboy said:
Though it seemed like a long time in reality it wasn’t that long ago that he was the new and inexperienced member. And like him, Freyja wasn’t an infantry man, she was a pilot; although, he was beginning feeling a lot more comfortable with this whole infantry thing. “Yes, I believed it is Freyja-Hei; though the NMX didn’t put up any signs to follow.”

"Of course, I'm sorry." She was relived when he spoke again. She was so hyper-focused on carrying out the part of the orders having to do with the captives that she was blocking out the fact that the original purpose of being here was to destroy this base and equipment. She felt so totally out of her league in this type of combat. Give her a infiltration mission with out support and her training would just kick in completely, but this open combat she felt more like a liability then anything else.

"Yamamoto-sama, what can I be doing to help out here more, I'm feeling kind of like a fifth wheel right now."

Near Barricade

"Yes, sir." Emiko responded to Trowa's instruction. The neko recalled her drones to her power armor so that they could recharge, then turned around and entered the nearby elevator that could take her nearer to the position of Yoshiro and Kyoka. The neko also send a message to Kyoka, in order to let her know she was en route.

Code:
"Tsubei-Heisho, this is Murasaki-Hei. Trowa-Heisho has instructed me to make for your position and back you up, so I'm on my way now. I'll be there in a few minutes.
The technician rode the elevator car up higher into the NMX facility. Once she stepped our of the elevator, the neko released her drones to scout ahead and retraced the route that the pair of soldiers had taken to get the the observation port, using the information that Tsubei has send during her last transmission. With luck, she wouldn't have to fight any enemy combatants by herself as her Tsubei's group had cleared the path she was taking.

Observation Port Passage

Upon finding the roof-breach that the Yoshiro had created earlier, the Neko utilized her suits levitating ability to ascend up through the hole. She squeezed past the errant power cables and found herself in the passage which lead to the observation port. Emiko began trodding down the path, keeping alert just in case she ran into enemies coming from the other direction before she managed to reach her goal.

"Hmmm...What are your orders Tsubei-heisho? Looks like that they are going to tear each other a new one." Yoshiro asked, smiling a bit at the chaos that was going on. He watched the Rippers and called his drone back carefully hiding behind obstacles when he thought that the drone would be caught.

Above the last two doors to the prisoner containment rooms, a panel illuminated. It pulsed off and on in one second intervals. It was a bright amber. Unfortunately from the members current position by the remains of the barricade if there was any writing on the panel, they could not see it due to the angle.

Observation Port

Emiko proceeded down the final stretch of corridor, coming to a stop beside Kyoka and Yoshiro. Casting a glance at the highest ranking of the pair, the neko spoke to her in a soft, melodious voice.

"Your requested back-up has arrived, Heisho. Not too late to lend a hand, I hope?" She edged closer and peered through the port, trying to get a better grasp of the current situation.

Saki did now like the signs that just appeared. She moved forward and slowly moved over the destroyed barricade. She was a little sad as she saw dead nekoes littering the hall, but they chose to battle the Aeon team themselves. Now it was time to press on.

"We need to move on," Saki said and started moving towards the doors. Her drone slowly returned to its docking position. "I don't like this. Red never means anything good." Saki said and moved forward to check the sign. She was also ready for the ambush, one of thsoe doors could open any seconds and who knows what would attack them.

“Technically you’d only be the third wheel since it’s just me and Arai-Hei,” said Trowa, trying to relieve some of the stress. He moved up and covered Saki as she moved forward towards the doors. “Freyja-Hei, cover that far door. Anything pokes its nose out, blow it off.” Trowa came up behind Saki while keeping his rifle aimed at the opposite door she was looking at. “Shina-Heisho, come here and tell me what this blinking red light means?”

"Ah, nice work, Trowa. Give it another minute and-"

It was that moment that Emiko chose to arrived, and not a moment too soon it was.

"Oh, perfect timing, Murasaki-hei. Alright, so here's what we're going to do. We're going to shoot at all the guards that are away from your knife fight, And hopefully the chaos will prevent them to reacting. I want this place cleared out so we can get inside those containers!"

Kyoka took up a position at the edge of the room, tapping the window softly.

"Looks like we shouldn't have too much trouble with this. Okay, let's do it!"

Saki would see the following illuminated on the panel once she was closer.

Prisoner Incineration Sequence Engaged
45 Seconds to Immolation.

The counter was continue to descend in one second increments naturally.

-------------------
Hallway
Standingin the hallway near the barricade Kim had a bad feeling about the red glow above the prisoner holding areas. She really did not want to overstep Kyoka's control of the Away Team, but her instincts said they needed to take action.

"Tsubei-Heisho, I think things are about to go bad over here. I am giving you a major diversion. We uploaded explosive charges in the conveyor system that brings the ore up. I am going to detonate it which should get everyone in that area worrying about the manufacturing facility. Detonation on my Mark.
Three.... two.... one... mark."

From the hallway there was not much in the way of a vibration as the charges went off.

---------------------------
Observation Port
From the Observation port Kyoka and her team mates had a ring side seat. The structure at the far end of the room on the right had all its windows explode outwards. Flames followed shortly and secondary explosions rocked the building.

The NMX who had been moving the containers left them where they were and moved to the far end of the area. As the more of the building was engulfed the NMX seemed to be trying to setup some sort of fire fighting equipment. The reason for their concern was readily apparent to the Observers. A short distance from the building a number of large storage tanks were visible. These had hoses running to the starships. The marking on the tanks was unmistakable O2.

Saki watched the sing with horror in her eyes. She knew NMX were monsters, but everytime she stood against them, they did new even more atrocious thing then last time. "They are going to burn the prisoners!" Saki shouted and blasted to the doors without thinking. Her LASR fell on ground as she activated both her forearm energy blades and started cutting through the doors.

“Oh Sacred -Feth!” Yelled Trowa. This was madness. “Bloody NMX Bastards!” Trowa brought his plasma rifle up stuck it against the door. His cybernetic interface set the weapon to a low power beam; low enough to hopefully still cut through the door without overheating the weapon. Trowa then began to cut like a welder in a big arc. A red light began to blink against his eye warning that the weapon was beginning to overheat. He ignored it and kept cutting. “Almost there.” He breathed. “Freyja! Keep your eye on that other door! Kim! Front and center! We’ll need a hand once we get through!”

Yoshiro was about to go in to action when he heard the explosions. "More chaos! I am loving this!" He said with a wicked grin reserved for the most psycopathic serial killers. He looked over to Tsubei-heisho and smiled one last time before dropping into the room with the ships his AIES targetting the Rippers and firing his SLAG at them while firing his gauss gun at the NMX Neko. "You scum eating, bottom feeders! FEEL THE WRATH OF YAMATAI! BANZAI!" He shouted as he got an idea as he continued firing his AIES targeted shots at the Rippers and turning occasionally to fire at Neko that would try to engage his PA.

"I am going to take you out and then lay all your friends beside you! I am going to take your heads and place them on my armor as trophies!" He shouted, trying to scare the Nekos into surrender. He knew that the Rippers were not going to be scared about what he said but the nekos were different he hoped. "I am going to make sure that the hell that you think about is more of a vacation than the one I am about to send you to. I am the god of war and I shall visit unfathomable pain on those who would harm those that I would protect!"

That. . . works too. . . Kyoka mused, observing the detonation with a rather iffy look on her face.

"Minor change in plan! Smash and scatter the enemy!" She barked, taking aim at one of the remaining Rippers from her position up high, then pulling the trigger.

Just to Tanaka-hei, she said, "Calm yourself! That kind of conduct is too Nepleslian, not representative of the SAoY!"

"I apologize. I was trying to keep the NMX Nekos out of the fight. I thought if we could just deal with the Rippers since they are the most dangerous we would be better off." He said but he followed orders and continued to fire on the Rippers. "So what do we do Tsubei-heisho? If those explosions were any indication, this place might be going up like a torch by some rocket fuel!"

If truth be told the explosions did scare him a bit and it showed just in some slight twitches bring his fire off target for a moment. Let's get this done and get out of here! He thought to himself.

Shina moved closer to where the two away team members were slicing into the doors. Once she saw that the locking mechanism of Trowa's door was cut, she reach over and applied her power armor assisted strength to force the door. "We don't have time to cut the entire do. Cut the locks and force it, otherwise the prisoners will die." she yelled.

--------------------

The Rippers not expecting enemy fire were struck full in the back by Kyoka and Yoshiro's attacks. The weapons pierced the Rippers in multiple places and smoke issued from the holes.

Observation Port

Emiko deployed her drones, hoping that their meager weapons fire would at least prove a distraction for the hostile neko during the skirmish. The engineer then added her own gunfire to that of Kyoka and Yoshiro, unleashing a barrage of aether blasts upon the now besieged enemy.

"If it's all the same to you two, I would rather avoid dying in a fiery explosion today -- a tactical withdrawal might be a good idea." the violet-haired neko added dryly.

“Right!” Trowa acknowledge Kim’s suggestion and put his own strength into the pulling the door open. Once it was open enough to move through Trowa moved over to Saki’s door to help pull it open as soon as she cut the lock. “Freyja, give Kim a hand getting the prisoners out.” He glanced at Saki. “How close are you to cutting the lock?” He asked as the countdown time continued to dwindle away.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back