• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 5, Part 1: Amaya's Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mission 5: Amaya's Gate

Doshii Jun said:
Yukari saw Miyoko in the Medical Bay and approached her, face hardened. "Saito-Juni," she said. "I have been ordered to undergo a soul back-up." Her tone betrayed her. " ... Could you do this for me?"

"I can," Miyoko said, a little curious about the need for one immediately. At least if things were calm enough for Yukari to come down for a backup, it must have meant that the ship was safe for the moment. She gestured Yukari to the Soul Transfer machine and stepped out of the busy center of the medlab to start adjusting it. "Please have a seat. I'll try to make this quick."

Azumi looked at Asher and gave him an odd expression. "Yyyyeah.... let's just go pick up that body." she replied.

Are you sure about this guy Ayumu? Azumi telepathically messaged.

You'll be fine. He's 'mostly' harmless but don't expect him to stop trying to get into your pants. Just keep him at arms length, okay? Ayumu replied with a bit of a chuckle.

Azumi began leading the Malifarian out of the medical center just as Masako entered. Ayumu seeing that the Juni had arrived and was in need of attention quickly moved over to attend to her. "Kurohoshi-Juni, you have arrived. Just stay still while I do a quick scan. I want to be sure it is safe to remove you from your Armor along with the extent of your damage." she said before she began running the scanner over the chest area.

@Masako:

Ayumu's scan revealed how Masako's ribcage had sustained damage, the sternum shattering under a significant amount of blunt trauma, leaving only cartilage and broken bits of bone to hold the front of the ribcage together.

The Juni's predicament was a troublesome one. With no outward wounds, there wasn't much being dunked in a hemosynthetic tank could do for her. Luckily, nekovalkyrja bodies were capable of shifting back broken pieces of bone together with time to have them rebond in the proper position and heal, but such an arduous process required bedrests for a couple of days... and it didn't help that the Daisy armor's chestplate was dented inward, hindering that process.

The first thing to do was pulling off the chestplate: there was no extracting Masako before that. After that Ayumu would have to decide on treatment: from painkillers and then counting on the M6 Daisy's hemosynthetic insert to keep her alive, to voluntarily peeling Masako's skin off inbetween her beasts - enough to expose the shattered parts of her sternum - and then put her in a HS tank in the hopes of reconstructing the damaged section faster.

As harrowing as the last hour or so had been, Sanjuro was still doing his best to maintain what composure he could muster in the face of adversity. it seemed as though there was plenty of adversity to go around as the stone-faced medical officer began to take notice of the medical bay becoming more crowded with people in need of attention. As Ayumu began her scan of Masako's armor, Sanjuro hurried over to the two nekovalkrja and stood over them as she worked, making his own external observations as he carefully readjusted his sterilized gloves along his wrists.

"What do the scans indicate, Kazuko-Hei?" Sanjuro asked in a dulcet tone.

Kai struggled against the weapon for a moment, before realizing that he needed both his hands for it- why couldn't they make some kind of sheath for this thing? that would make it much easier. In any case, Kai gingerly placed the weapon on the ground, its tip thankfully dislodging from the decking. Seeing that, however, Kai got an idea, and, figuring it didn't really matter anymore, stabbed the pauldron into the ground near a wall, so it would be out of the way and considerably less dangerous until he could get to it.

For now, the Yamataian hefted the large gun and carried it towards the armor bay, where it could be properly stored. After that, Kai meandered his way over to Nimura, and gave her a bit of a Poke. "Are you alright?" he asked of the sprite.

Yukari took her seat, as instructed. It had been some time since her last back-up, after all. Being backed up always felt wrong, to her. As if a part of her soul was being shaved off with a grater and stuck in a vial for later use.

"I thank you for your expedience," she said. "It is vital it be done now, before potential combat with Melisson."

"Alright, less' get goin' then b'fore trouble stirs up, right?" shrugged Asher, pointing on ahead to the wardroom. The Santi-Hei decided to lead the way, his arm still stiff and still as it hung from the shoulder. Though the pain was lessened greatly, the aching was still there, and any sudden movement was enough to cause small splinters of pain. When not in combat, pain was something Asher didn't care about having.

"So who do you wanna' grab? Nimura, or Nyton? Nimura looked a little out of it, but mostly t'getha' last I saw her. Nyton... Nyton's a little... sprawled out, what wit' his insides bein' melted an' goo'd all ova' the place, but he'd still be pretty draggable too." said Asher as he passed by the other entering members of the crew out into the hallways and towards the Wardroom.

Ayumu frowned as she studied the scanner results. Sanjuro, while still an eyesore to her, was a welcome presence regardless. "Doctor, the scanner reads massive blunt trauma. Her sternum has shattered to the point where her cartilage is holding the rib cage together. I am going to need some help removing the chest plate but then the matter of treatment will be difficult." she said while putting the scanner off to the side.

"All of her injury is internal so we would have to find some way to expose the damaged area to hemosynth. It may be possible to apply some infusions to her chest area and let the fluid travel about her chest cavity. Or maybe create an incision which would allow a direct access to the trauma where we can apply fluid. I am uncertain as to how to approach this one Doctor." Ayumu finally admitted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the wardroom Azumi saw Kai over by Nimura and shook her head. "I think she's starting to come around so lets grab Claymere-Taii and take him back to the lab." she said while moving over to Nyton's immobile body.

Doshii Jun said:
Yukari took her seat, as instructed. It had been some time since her last back-up, after all. Being backed up always felt wrong, to her. As if a part of her soul was being shaved off with a grater and stuck in a vial for later use.

"I thank you for your expedience," she said. "It is vital it be done now, before potential combat with Melisson."

In the earlier hurry of the battle, Miyoko had almost forgotten that Melisson was still out there. Just hearing the name made the Yamataian want to groan, knowing that, as hard as things had already been today, they would likely only get worse before it was through. "That seems... wise," she remarked cautiously. It was a less negative way of saying, 'I'd hedge my bets against dying, too.' "Will any of the other officers be needing them?" she asked as she pulled the device into position against Yukari's head and readied her for backup.

The thought had not crossed Yukari's mind. "I do not know," she said, wincing as she felt the helmet put into place. "They all have recent back-ups, however, while I do not."

She paused. "Saito-Juni ... is there a way to make this less painful?"

"I'm afraid not," Miyoko said. "The pain isn't caused through nerve endings, so analgesics aren't effective." The device was now prepared for Yukari, but she needed to finish talking to the woman first. "I'd normally offer to sedate you so that you could avoid the pain altogether, but given the circumstances, it's probably best not to risk having you be groggy afterward."

"No ... no," Yukari agreed. "Please, begin." The Neko's face was tight; her body locked up.

"Alright, grabbin'!" said Asher as he tromped over to his superior's corpse. The Malifarian was feeling rather alright compared to earlier, now. He was getting work done, and the drunken buzz of combat still hung around in the air. As he grabbed one of Nyton's plates and heaved the honorable Nepleslian's body.

"Say, Azu, wouldn't it be easier if we just cut off Clay-boss's head, and take that back? I mean, wass' he gunna say when he wakes up t'see his armor leakin' blood all ova' tha place in tha' middle of tha' med-bay?" reasoned Asher, with what little peaceful reason he had.

Miyoko could sympathize with Yukari's dislike for backups--she'd had enough of them over the years to be regrettably familiar with their particular brand of headache. But, nothing she could do about it now. "Just relax," she advised the woman. It wouldn't actually help with the pain, but it was the most comforting thing she could think of in the situation. With that, Miyoko started the Shosa's backup.

Kyou shrugged. With the aftermath as bloody as it was, she wasn't all that surprised to find no one felt like answering her question, and it seemed like things were moving along nicely anyways. That said, she moved over to join Kai and Nimura, shivering slightly as the adrenaline from the fight started to wear off. "We should probably get her out of the armor whether she is or not. We all need to get to the med-bay, and I doubt the two of us could carry her there in her armor. Unless she feels up to walking there in her armor..."

Azumi felt a slight twinge run through her at the thought of cutting Nyton's head off. "Maybe but I think we need to be careful about removing the cybernetic memory bit from his head. It would probably be better to do so from the lab than just bring his head back from here." she said while following him back to the lab.

"For a guy who's tough all tha' time, he sure does have some delicate parts." commented Asher, looking down at Nyton's body as he carried the man to the Med-Bay. A Yamataian himself, Asher could never understand why Nepleslian's would choose such fragile and insufficient bodies when they could get the Human 4.0 for free. Was there something bad about being Yamataian? Perhaps they believed important parts of the body would shrink upon transfer. If that was true, Asher could be the first to dispute it. Even though most of his proportions shrunk during his height change, there were a few items, specifically the important ones, that did not. That has t'be it., thought the Malifarian as he rounded the corner into the Med-Bay.

"Ey, Amumu! I got Clay-boss's body!" announced Asher, looking for Ayumu, he continued on with a chuckle, "Azu wass' pretty lazy 'bout it, n'made me do all tha' work." He took a look around at everyone else in the room.

"How's everybody feelin' today? Eh heh."

Kokuten said:
"How's everybody feelin' today? Eh heh."
"Tenderized," Miyoko responded to Asher dryly as she monitored the progress of Yukari's backup. Once she was sure it was proceeding without any problems, she turned to Ayumu. "I've been asked to assist you again for now. Where do you need me?"

Yukari tried to do as advised.

She thought herself simply too sensitive to the machine's effects. Eyes closed, Yukari felt each part of her body respond to the Soul Saving device as it scanned her mind for how she used those parts. Her right arm and hand flashed with pain that wasn't there. Her legs, high on her hips, felt tweaked. Shoulders burned, then cooled. Jaw muscles stretched but tense, then contracted and loose.

Yukari's internal clock told her that had all taken about 43 seconds. The rest of the time was to be spent grafting memories from her mind to some kind of quantum storage unit, one she could not picture, only sense. Now her head started to hurt, hurt the way she did after a few bad blows to the head had grown into throbbing aches.

It would not end soon enough for the Shosa's liking, but she tried to relax. She thought of Tom, snow and dancing.

How she missed dancing.

Azumi shook her head at Asher. "I think everyone is really busy now." she said while surveying the scene. With Ayumu busy treating Masako that left Nyton's revival up to her. "Can you bring the body over to the table Westwood-san?" she said while walking over to the nearest free examination table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back