• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.1] Departure for Southern Encounters

Shuttle

Freyja frowned as the AI responded, "you're no fun..." She looked over the read out then sighed, "I should have guess that... You sure you don't have a name?" She started wiping up the drawing on the floor and wall. "I Think you will be with us for a while still and most likly I'll be flying you, I would love to not have to call you computer."

She finished wiping up the last of the drawing and sat down in a seat, and sighed, "I think, we will have to make sure your weapons are up to par, Maybe a test flight also..." She though about where they might be going. "I Think I will ask the Taisa if there will be a good place to put you through your paces.."

Kata'nova looked around the bridge, watching the crew as they went about their business. It was a bit different from what she was used to with her people, these guys all operated in a gravity, but on most of her people's vessels it was zero-g.

She stared over at the viewscreen, watching it to see where they were going.

The Nepleslian pilot took his seat and looked over the readouts. He grinned at what he saw. "Looks good Tanaka-Hei." Trowa checked the gages again. "Looks like we got green lights all across the board. Lets get this show on the road." He paused a moment to look at Yoshiro. "Tanaka-Hei, You've got the stick. Get us to our jump point."

Bridge

Katae sat listening to the crew do their jobs. It was good to have things going smoothly. She looked at the status. The docking arm had been retracted and the Aeon was floating in place.

"Take us out, Tanaka-Hei since the Heisho is giving you the honor." she said.

She then picked up her cup and took a sip of her coffee.

"Roger that. Taking us out to the great unknown." Yoshiro said with a grin. "Engineering bring the drives online." He said as he manuevred the ship away from the station using thrusters. He waited for the response and "YSS Aeon to station, requesting departure vector." He was doing fine, he felt and he hoped to continue to do so.

"YSS Aeon say again, we already told you that departure vector is at your discretion." came the reply from station control.

"Engineering to bridge, power to the Aether Turbo Engines, charging the fold engine for first jump." came Hisa's voice.

Katae had a smirk on her face, it was apparent to her, that the new operator had forgotten that they already had clearance to depart.

The NCO caught the smirk from the Taisa out of the corner of his eye. He had to smile himself. He had once been the new guy piloting the ship and had made rookie errors too. "Tanaka-Hei," said Trowa, as if he hadn't noticed. "Once you've got us a sufficient distance from the station I've got the first jump calculations ready for you."

Saki hoped she was not too late. She decided that since it is her first launch as an armourer and away team leader, it would be better if she was on the bridge. For that reason she put on a duty uniform and walked straight on bridge. At her side was a newly bought katana and her side-arm. After all she was supposed 'guard' on the bridge.

"Ma'am," she responded with a bow to Katae and others. "Arai-hei reporting for duty." With that she just stood by the door as it was expected.

Yoshiro blushed a bit as his mistake and moved to correct it. "Okay, let's get this show on the intergalactic road." He said and moved away from the station. He plugged into his SPINE interface and engaged the drives to their first jump. "Hey, Saki-hei. How are things going?" Yoshiro asked as he continued to watch the ship.

Kata'nova stood there in silence and watched the bridge crew work, this felt rather uncomfortable to her since she was used to being on starships with zero-g.

For a moment she had to adjust her goggles, to filter out some of the additional light, darkening the room a bit more to where she could more easily make out features on everyone's faces.

Still though, she wanted to ask where they were headed, but kept her mouth shut for now.

Shuttle

Freyja sat there working up a operations plan to take the shuttle out for a combat systems check, "I think maybe we should try to find an asteroid or something to use as a dummy target... hmm..."

With a few quick movements on the controls she hailed the bridge. "Ma'am... I have gone over the shuttle, it is great shape even considering the last mission, though I would like permission to take her out for a combat systems check between the next jump. Even better would be for me to follow the Aeon through a jump. I want to make sure every thing is running correctly away from the ship."

Again her voice to a more commanding and confident tone to it as she sat there in the shuttle's cockpit.

Bridge

Katae turned torwards Saki, "Good morning, Aria-Hei. Nice to have you up here on the bridge." she said returning the bow with one much slighter.

She noted that the new operator had corrected the minor mistake. "Put up the star chart on the main screen and highlight our course and destination. Signal the squadron and fold once we are clear of the starbased."

She then took a moment to respond to Freyja. "You can perform your FTL test after we fold. The Tenba-Class has no fold engines but it does have CDD. We will be using that for the last leg of our journey."

Yoshiro manuvered the ship away from the station. He put up the course and destination on the main screen as the Taisa had ordered. "The course and destination are up on the main screen, Taisa. Once we are a safe distance away from the station, ready to fold on your orders." Yoshiro said, not too sure of the procedure but he waited for the Taisa to give the order to fold just in case.

Bridge

The engine status showed that the fold engine was fully charged.

"Engage fold." Katae said then turned to Saki. "Aria-Hei, Astrometrics indicate that AX-03 has planets. So you should start considering an away team configuration and who you would want. We will update you on planetary conditions when we get in-system."

"Engage fold, for the Empire of the Stars." Misaki echoed clearly, still feeling rather warmed by the fact the Taisa really did like what she had done with her hair the night previous. Still, when her crew embarked for war, she tended towards the overly patriotic, as was her way, and she didn't really have a, "For making friends!" Line ready to go, anyway.

Exploring again...this feels strange. To the blue-haired XO, it was as if she were already going back towards someplace like Azorea, though by looking at Kat'nova, they were far more similar in appearance to Nekovalkryja in some ways than the last time she went out on a mission of diplomacy.

I wonder if I'm the only one that doesn't feel at home in the Tenba for some reason, at least outside of my armor? The officer thought absently as she monitored fleet activity through her connection to the Aeon.

"Folding the ship. " Yoshiro said and signalled the squadron before he did. After he folded he monitored the systems for any irregularities. "Eternity, are your systems running properly?" Yoshiro asked, trying to use a tone of voice that would let her know that he cared about her. He was not sure how to communicate with an AI but he decided that treating Eternity as a living being would suffice.

"Yes ma'am," replied Saki with a nod. In her head she was already considering how to set up a team. There was a lot to choose from. Yoshiro will probably stay on board, would that mean she could ask Trowa to go down with the team? She could use him down there, he as honest man with no fears. Saki felt a lot more comforatble and secure with him around for some reason.

The squadron vessels were all soon enveloped in teal spheres as the fold engines were engaged. Once they reached full potential there was a flash and the ships vanished from normal space leaving a few teal sparkles that faded.

Bridge
Katae stood up, and walked over to their visitor. She was curious to see what Kata'nova made of their departure. She turned to face the crew, "Nicely done folks. Once we emerge from fold in 30 minutes, we will engage CDD and head for AX-03. XO once we are back in FTL, start astrometric scans of the system so that we have a better idea of what is waiting."

She turned to Kata, "So what did you think of our departure? Was it similar to your people's method of travel?"

Kata'nova glanced up at Katae for a moment in thought, listening a bit to the translation software. "J'n bgsbje J ofwfs bduvbmmz tfswfe po uif csjehf pg b tijq, J'wf cffo b dpncbu bwjbups tjodf J gjstu kpjofe vq, tp nz qptjujpo xbt bmxbzt jo b ibohfs ps tuboecz sppn."

She looked back at the viewscreen, her hands now clasped behind her back as she watched and waited.

Bridge

Katae waited for the translation, "I fear never served on bridge of a ship, I being a warrior pilot after I first joined higher, so my place was always in a hanger or holding room."

She sighed briefly as the system while making improvement was still having some problems. But at least she could figure the intent from the translation.

"You are familiar with the constellations of your home world correct? When we arrive at AX-03 we will send a team to the surface with you. So you can compare the night sky for any familiar patterns." she said.

"Yamamoto-Heisho, kindly pull up the constellations as seen from Ronica and put them on the main screen. Then see if you can get our visitor to describe some of the patterns of her stars." She said to the senior operator.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back