• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 7.1] Departure for Southern Encounters

"Aye, aye Ma'am." Trowa began scanning through constellations. "Ronica...Ronica...Ronica... Ah here we go." He found the charts the Taisa had requested and put them up on the main screen. He also put added two smaller images of the same constellation but at different times of the year.

"Well little miss," Trowa asked Kata. "Recognize anything?"

Nashoba said:
BridgeShe then took a moment to respond to Freyja. "You can perform your FTL test after we fold. The Tenba-Class has no fold engines but it does have CDD. We will be using that for the last leg of our journey."

Tenba

Freyja responded with an acknowledgment and then sat there waiting. She was board, and wanted to be flying. She made her self busy cleaning the rest of the drawings off of the floor and walls.

Kata'nova peered at the star charts, trying to figure out any kind of a pattern to them that she would recognize. The patterns just weren't jumping out at her, though she wondered if it was due to the distance they were - after all - she honestly had no idea just how 'far' she truly was from her homeworld.. she could've been in another galaxy for all she knew.

Although as she stared at the star scape, walking from one of the viewscreen to another and then stepping away from it; she curiously pondered some of the stars and their alignments. A few came close to lining up with some pattern she knew but she still couldn't get anything clearer.

She looked over at Cowboy and shook her head; there just wasn't enough on the screen to really help her out right now.

Bridge
Katae watched Kata'nova shake her head when Trowa displayed the constellations from the planet Ronica's perspective.

"Perhaps you should pull up the constellations and star field as seen from Yamatai. It is further north and may serve to give a different perspective to her." she offered.

Bridge

Katae entered a series of commands into her console and then rotated to look at Saki.

"Arai-Hei, I figured you could use an extra soldier in the squad. When we drop out of fold. Vis'Thraugh-Santô Hei will be transferring to the Aeon from the Integrity. I will leave him in your care to get him settled on the ship and work him into the squad." She said with a grin.

YSS Integrity Bridge:

Vis'Thraugh Araan stood at the brink of the bulkhead leading into the Bridge, eyes fidgeting across the various lights and holos as he waited. This ship wasn't his home and recent orders only solidified the thought in his mind. Just hours prior he had retrieved orders that he would soon be returned to the Aeon, upon the next available contact between the ships. The Aeon, YSS Aeon, would be receiving him back shortly. Though what counted as shortly to the people of Yamatai and those with bodies like his could at times be called suspect. Stepping forward into the bridge he let his eyes fall on a pair of technicians arguing about the optimum settings for the ship's engines, eyes following the curves of the female's body. Breaking his view away from her visage he took to thought the reasoning he had ended up here.

The Integrity had been short on Infantry personnel, the Aeon had a sudden surge of them. It was only a short amount of time before his number was called and it was an entirely non-political move. He had squandered away his active duty pay on trivial things to keep himself entertained, this ship had not been the most front line, but in it's time on the lines he put his rifle to use. To him it still just wasn't enough.

"Great, just great. I get my orders, but the question now is... When do I get to go home to the Aeon?" As he asked this his left hand came up to trace the scar he asked be placed to his new body, to match his old, stroking down across it and up from under his squared jaw.

"Wonder if anyone remembers me?"

A short while later, the Seventh Squadron emerged from fold in a series of Teal flashes.

Bridge

Katae looked up at the screen, and then her console. "Starship operators. Verify our position, and begin calculations for a CDD approach to AX-03. Yamamoto-Heisho, notify Oinari-Hei she can detach and perform her operational checks that she wanted to do earlier."

She turned to Saki, "Arai-Hei, I guess you should either have one of your troops go to the starboard docking port to receive Vis'Thraugh-Hei, or you could do it yourself if you prefer."

"Kurusu-Chusa, notify the Integrity to conduct personnel transfer, and to dock on the starboard side." She said looking toward her XO.

YSS Integrity
Tso-Chui the the Captain of the Integrity looked at Araan. "Best get yourself and your gear down to the shuttle bay. I am sure the Taisa is going to want to get moving as soon as possible. Give her my regards, and good luck Hei."

YSS Integrity

Araan gave a quick and curt nod to Tso-Chui, bowing slightly before turning on his heels in a quick snap. His hair had come loose of the snap he held it to the back of his collar by and swung up over his right shoulder as he did so, irritating him ever so slightly. Still, he stifled a bit of remorse. He had begun to know the people here, to earn some respect. Regardless, to him this was not home, to him this would just be one more stopping point on his military career.

"If I am given permission to leave now, then I shall do so. Thank you again, Tso-Chui, for the time you've allowed me aboard your vessel and the experiences I've gained wherein." He spoke in a simplistic tone, his voice catching ever-so-slightly at the end.

When he gained his full permission to leave he would make his way away from the Bridge and down through the 'dropshaft' settling himself into the Lounge before eventually maneuvering through the doorway to his cabin, giving a brief nod to his bunk-mate (who was currently on rest). He began to rifle through the drawers and cabinets that held his personal belongings and uniforms, folding and stowing them, preparing for his departure from the Integrity. His amber-flecked Hazel eyes shuttered for a moment as he let thoughts of the last time he had packed before leaving home, too many years ago.

"I'm going on to better pastures, or rather, returning to the pasture I knew before. It's been good serving with you. Even if you're really quite quiet." He said jokingly, tossing a small token box over to the man who stretched back on the bed to receive it.

"Parting gift, you told me how much you liked the scents of the Nepleslian Herbs I'd shown you. If you get a chance, plant those, keep a little garden of them. Burnfoil is a good one, strong scent in it's youth, but it mellows out as it ages. Got to keep it trimmed though else it'll kill any other plant you keep with it." With a laugh he made his way out of the room and towards the armory.

Here he gathered his personal weapons, locking them in a secured carrier. The Zen Armaments .357 Submachine Gun and the Infantry Battle Rifle sleekly fit into this case which took them in via mechanical methods, then he placed, within the opening front panel, the rounds of munition he had purchased. Two full encasements of munitions each, some already loaded into magazine and Clip. Looking down at this he smiled. Weapons like this were in short order on these ships. They were uniquely his as far as he had seen. This was the last remnant of his old life.

"Anything else of mine should be an automated transfer." He told himself as he finally set on his way towards the Shuttle bay, to stow these items.

Now, connecting to the ship's communications he asked the Captain.
"Tso-Chui, when will we be connecting with them?"

Saki gave the captain a nod. "Yes ma'am I will handle it." She replied, gave the captain a bow and left the bridge. She walked her way to the starboard docking port. She wondered about this fellow they were receiving. She remembered he was on the ship before, but they did not even get introduced.

"Eternity, this fellow will probably come over with all his stuff. I need to know where his bunk will be so I can lead him there." Saki messaged to the AI.

Hallway-Aeon

Eternity's voice came from the speakers in the hall following Saki. "Ise-Taisa says that you can handle the cabin assignments.

There are currently three open billets. Cabins Six and Seven have only one occupant and they happen to be males. Cabin Nine as you know has an open billet as well.

Also we just received word that a second person will be coming aboard shortly. Her name is Nagato Maki-Ittô Hei, she will arrive shortly after Vis'Thraugh-Hei."

Bridge
The starship operator stations showed a def-fold event occurring a short distance from the squadron.

YSS Integrity
The Chui replied, "Shuttle Wayfarer is waiting in the bay to transport you over to the Aeon. Your armor has already been loaded."

A Brilliant teal light flickered and flashed in the black depths of space, then faded away into nothingness, leaving behind the smooth and almost whale-like shape of the YSS Isou NL-X2-013, and Odori class freighter. The star ship cruised forward under the power of her sub-light engines. Ahead lay the YSS Aeon, sleek, deadly, dagger like gunship.

Communication signals reached out between the two interstellar ships as the gap between them shrank, then, as the range became close, Isou slowed and adjusted her heading, falling into pace beside the warship.

A single shuttle then departed from the Isou, cutting across the short gap to the Aeon and smoothly aligning and docking with the Gunship's airlock. Pressure was equalized and air pumped into the connecting space. Then inner and outer airlock hatches were unsealed and slid open, allowing a single passenger from the shuttle to transfer across the small zero-G space.

The neko set foot in the Aeon's gravity field for the first time, airlock hatches sliding shut behind her with a soft hiss and a clank as they sealed. She stood just under six foot tall, her attractively curved shape clad in the space black uniform of a S.A.I.N.T. Operative with the twin atomic green bars of a Ittô Hei adorned her left sleeve. She had fair skin, long flowing cobalt hair with a sprinkling of fuchsia highlights an piercing acid yellow eyes.

The Ittô Hei adjusted the shoulder strap of her duffel and spoke, "Ittô Hei Nagato Maki requesting permission to come aboard" her voice was pleasing to the ears.

"Permission granted, welcome aboard" replied the voice of Eternity in her ears.

Maki smiled. "Please, direct me to Taisa Ise Katae, I wish to report in as soon as is convenient."

"This way, please" Eternity directed and Maki was on her way. Eternity led her to the Gunship's bridge, the brain and command center of the deadly warship.

Maki did not enter though. She was not officially part of the ships crew yet and it was not her place to barge into such a vital compartment on a ship uninvited, even though she could if she so wanted, she had absolutely no intention of making a nuisance of herself and start off on the wrong foot with her new Captain. As it was, there was already enough of a negative stigma with S.A.I.N.T. coming aboard most ships of the regular navy.

So, she allowed Eternity to announce her presence aboard the Aeon to the Taisa and awaited her convenience outside.

YSS AEON - Bridge
ON

"Ise-Taisa, the new crew member from SAINT has arrived. Her name is Nagato Maki-Ittô Hei. She is requesting permission to enter the bridge to report to you." came Eternity's voice from the bridge speakers.

Katae stood up looked at Kurusu, "You have the bridge." she said, then walked to the door. When the door opened she paused for a moment to look at the blue haired Neko.

"Follow me to my cabin Nagato-Hei." she said and moved around the black panel clad soldier.

The operative bowed as the Taisa came and fell into step with her new commanding officer as they moved to her cabin.

Katae entered her cabin and stood in front of the desk that she had added. She turned to face Maki and waited.

Maki stepped in, coming to a proper attention before the Taisa, "Nagato Maki Ittô Hei reporting for duty" she said, introducing herself, then produced a tablet with her official orders for Katae.
Katae took the tablet and placed it on the desk. "I do not need to look at those, because I requested a SAINT person for the duration of our mission.

I do not know how much you were told, but on our last mission we encountered a member of a new alien species. Our orders are to locate them and make contact. "

Maki nodded. "I was briefed before I departed to meet up with the Aeon" she replied. "I will, of course, do my utmost best to assist in your mission and serve you and this ship"

"I would not expect anything less from any of my crew. But what I want in addition to you is an analysis and appraisal of any people we encounter. Obviously I do not want you engaging in covert activities against any people we meet. But use your training and insight to evaluate." She said.

"Understood" she replied. "I will be more than happy to attain any and all information I can on whoever we encounter. Also, I have no intention of conducing any form of covert operations unless directed to by your command or that of my superiors in SAINT" she spoke pleasantly, calmly.

"Excellent, to start with I would like you to observe and spend some time with our visitor Kata'nova. We have a working translation that is improving with time, but I would like your assessment of her from a SAINT perspective."

"Of course" Maki said, a hint of a smile touching her red lips. "I have been most curious to meet her"

Katae smiled, "She is an interesting individual. She is not an adult by her people. But she is in the military. Some sort of special cadre or such."

"Interesting." Maki thought for a moment, "You said that there is a translation program being worked on, then I assume the language barrier is greater than the reports I was shown say?"

"Unlike our encounter with Tesgi of the Hidden Sun Clan, Kata'nova is shy, and very much out of her normal environment. So she does not talk much. So this has the effect of limiting our translation ability due to sampling."

"That is understandable for someone who is no longer in their normal environment." Maki nodded, "Hopefully I will be able to assist with the ongoing translation efforts then and see what else we may be able to find out"

"We have a civilian adviser, Josea Gustav. He's a member of the SSS, linguistics is his forte. He is the person working on the translation program along with our resident IT.

Okay now as to cabin assignment. We have three billets open, kindly track down Aria Saki-Hei. She's our squad leader and is receiving a new soldier for her squad. See what cabin she's putting him in."

Maki took mental note of who she needed to find and meet with, Aria Saki and then Josea Gustav "Right away, Taisa" she said. Maki already had plenty to do once she settled her things into her new cabin.

"Welcome aboard the Aeon. You are dismissed. We are approaching an unexplored system, so consider yourself part of any ground activity."

"Thank you very kindly, Taisa" Maki said, smiling pleasantly and bowing to her new commanding officer. Then, with that she departed to find Saki and get hew new cabin.

OFF

Tenba

She was whistling as she removed the last of the graffiti that she had drawn in the shuttle. Freyja's spirits were rising again as she lost the board feeling as she worked.

it was when she was putting all the cleaning supplies back that her program that she had installed when she first came aboard jingled. "New crew members'" she smiled, there were a few perks to her field. She brought up the service information on the first new crew member and found that he had served before on the Aeon... an Infantry man. But it was the second one that caused her to fall back into one of the seats aboard the Tenba... "A Saint personnel..." She started to worry, did her reports not satisfy the command.

Freyja was panicking as she looked up the new Saint operative's records to even find that most of it was classified even to herself. With a muttered farewell to the shuttle's AI she left to go and see if she had any new messages for Saint command.

YSS Integrity to YSS Aeon

"Good. I bid you farewell, brothers and sisters of the YSS Integrity. Thank you for the last year of service, and Tso-Chui, I expect that when I next reconnoiter with you that these fine people will still be here to see how I've 'grown'." He said jokingly, making light of the way some of the others treated him as an impatient child before.

Tossing his lot up into the shuttle he moved to immediately inspect the casing his armour was transported in, placing a palm over the control to see the status of the suit within. This had become common practice to him, the shell he took into combat with him was as important as the Minkan shell that sustained his soul now. This extension of himself was at times worth more to himself than the paltry trinkets that remained of his Nepleslian life. Once satisfied with the readout on his armour he made his way back into the interior cabin of the wayfarer and shuffled his duffel under the seat, eyes closing as he watched the hatch to the shuttle shut and latch down. Lifting his arms ever so slightly to adjust his harness he held onto his shoulders, hands reaching for the opposite.

Every time he broke into zero-gee this was what he had come to do, a way of reminding himself he still had control. Opening his eyes he let the vision of the black fade, and listened to the brief ringing silence as the ship made transport towards the YSS Aeon. The span of a year(?) had changed the man. His suit's malfunction on the surface of that ice planet had forced him to return to the Aeon for refit and repair, and shortly thereafter he had been shuffled to the Integrity, his time there refined him. He still would bear signs of Nepleslian Heritage and on occasion made the mistake of a salute where a bow belonged, yet now it was more tolerable, and oft still he got away with blaming it on circumstance. A slight dinging in his ears was the notice from the shuttle that he was now on approach to the Aeon, and soon he could hear the whine and hiss of pneumatics preparing to line up with the majestic ship.

"Home at last." He told himself, gathering his duffel and weapons case up, maneuvering through the smaller vessel he moved in on his crated suit of armor, refusing to leave without it.

When the vessels successfully docked and the port between them was opened he simply held on to the grated outer level of the crate and pressed lightly off of the deck with his feet so that he hovered behind the suit as it transferred into the cargo bay of the Aeon. As it shifted through the field and into the Aeon successfully he lowered himself into the gravity well of the ship, using his own ability to project gravity ever so slightly to prevent a rough landing, and watched as the crane took the suit and moved it towards the access to the Power Armor Storage Bay. His eyes took in this place once more as he continued to move forward into the Cargo Elevator.

"ETERNITY, if you're still the Head AI onboard, I will be making a trip with my personal firearms to the Armory. Could you relay this message to the Taisa and give me the point of contact she would have arranged to meet with me, or to have one of her subordinates meet me? I do not view it in my best interests to blunder around aboard you as I did last time I served with you." Araan piped up, taking the cargo lift up to the Armory Level, awaiting access into the armory to stow his materiel.

Eternity Replied "I am still present on the Aeon, Arai Saki-Jôtô Hei is waiting for you. She is our Squad Leader and will see to getting your gear stowed and cabin assignment."

--------
When Freyja entered the Aeon, Eternity chimed in. "Oinari-Nitô Hei report to Ise-Taisa in her cabin."

Making her way away from the Captain's cabin, Maki inquired of Eternity of the location of one Aria Saki, who held in the balance what cabin she would call home during her time on the Aeon. That's when she noticed movement ahead down the corridor a ways, another member of the crew in the deep blue of a starfighter pilot.

The announcement for her to meet with the Captain was an interesting turn of events. Freyja wasn't paying any attention she was still working over why Command wanted a second operative aboard. She walked head first into the very person she was fretting over. "Eep!" she fell back and bounced to the floor.

While she had intended to say hello to the pilot, Maki had not expected the pilot to collide with her head long at a rapid pace. The SAINT Operative stumbled back, jamming a foot back to brace herself from losing her own fotting. Steadied, she set her duffel down and streatched out a hand to help the pilot up. "Can I help you there?" she asked.

Freyja shook her head and stood up slowly, "Sorry... I was heading the Captain's cabin..." She was trying not to be rude, but this person it seemed to her was here to replace her. she rubbed her backside, as she studied the Neko before her.

Maki smiled pleasently, her acid yellow eyes studying the pilot. "Well, I am just looking to get a new cabin myself" she said, "I'm Nagato Maki, the Aeon's new SAINT Operative" she greeted the pilot.

"Nice... to meet you.. I am Freyja Oinari, I'm the only combat pilot assigned to the Aeon right now..." She wasn't sure if this person knew who she was, but if they didn't she wasn't going to give up anything, hell she might even be a rouge agent. There where still a few of those floating around. She bowed slightly, before looking past the agent to the entrance to the lounge.

"Nice to meet you, Oinari-Hei" she said and re-shouldered her duffel. If she knew exactly what Freyja was she was not letting it show one bit. So it was possible she had no idea, or she was very good at not showing it and had decided it was not time to bring the subject up.

"Like wise..." the mousey neko stood there not sure what to do, the idea to shoot the agent with a stun blast and then interrogate her when she woke, came to mind, but that would be an issue if this was all up and up, and she was suppose to be here for some reason. She didn't remember what she was taught to do in this situation... Bow maybe? no she had done that. The idea of just shooting her an hiding started to become a very good plan...

Maki smiled. She could see the hint of nervous and indecisiveness in the pilot neko. "Well, if you have things to do, I should not keep you from it"

"No I should help you find out where you are staying... it would be the polite thing to do...And i think the Taisa wouldn't mind" Freyja looked up and down the passageway. "Uhh who was going to assign you a cabin?" She tried to smile but only her normal little lopsided grin appeared.

The operative raised an eyebrow. "The Taisa said that Aria Saki would be the one assigning my cabin" she replied.

"Ah and she wasn't on the bridge?" Freyja was sure she heard the Joto Hai was standing Honor Guard on the bridge. She silently asked Eternity where the Joto was... her eyes glazed a bit as she did it and received an answer quickly afterwards, "Well she is this way." Freyja gestured down the passageway. Hoping the new operative would walk ahead of her, she still wasn't sure she trusted her yet.

"Lead the way" Maki smiled. She never let anyone walk behind her and allowed the pilot to show her the way.

With a frustrated feeling in her guts she smiled and pointed towards the airlock, "I believe she is down there to the storyboard... I think she is meeting with the other new member, I got to get to the Taisa... I think she has something important for me..."

Maki nodded, "Thank you" she replied and smiled as she departed from the pilot and headed where she needed to go.

Freyja watched the agent leave and sighed heavily before heading to the Taisa's cabin, she paused and asked Eternity to announce her.

Starboard Airlock

Turning a corner Maki arrived at the airlock where she had been directed to find her query. The black uniformed operative approached the infantry woman and bowed, introducing herself; "Hello, Arai-Hei, I am Ittô Hei Nagato Maki, the Taisa informed me that you were handling cabin assignments and that I should report to you"

"Oh greetings," Saki replied with a smile. She got a good look at the SAINT operative. "I am Arai Saki joto-hei and yes apparently I handle the bunking."

"That is what the Taisa said" Maki replied pleasently.

"Okay, let's see," Saki said and her eyes went blank as she connected with eternity. "hrmm... we have you and we will also have another member of the crew join up today. There are three empty beds, two of those are in a cabin occupied by male. Would you like to share cabin with a man?"

Maki thought for a moment, "While if required to I would not be adverse to sharing with a male member of the crew, my preference would be to not" she replied.

"Well then it is nice to meet you roomie," Saki smiled at the girl. "The third free bed is in my cabin."

"A pleasure to meet you!" she smiled. "I look forward to getting to know you better and working along side you" she said.

"So do I," the blue-haired neko said to other blue-haired neko. "Well I have to wait for the second new crew member here so you can wait for me, or you can just have Eternity guide you to the cabin."

Maki nodded, "I will find my way there" she replied. "I don't want to hold you up from any of your duties" she then bowed to Saki again, then turned and was off.

Saki just gave the girl nodded and then checked her mental watch. Where the hell was that Araan-guy?

Trowa was getting frustrated. He had showed star field after star field and none seemed to be familiar to their honored guest. He was about to show another one when a light began to blink on his control board. He glanced at it, then looked again. "What the? Ma'am, I'm picking up a del-fold occurring 1600Km to starboard." His hands began to dance across the controls, trying to get a better reading. "Tanaka-Hei, start bringing the weapons online and move her to po..." Trowa paused and turned back to look at the Taisa, feeling as though he might have overstepped his bounds. "Apologies Ma'am. Your orders?"

Araan had stopped to think of what he had done now. Had there been someone down in the receiving bay for him that he had driven past once more? Standing to full height he shrugged his shoulders back and nodded receipt of this information. Turning sharply on his heels he moved back down to the access elevator, moving along to where he had been received. He hated to backtrack, but too often now he seemed to be getting ahead of himself.

As he finally returned to the receiving dock he saw the young woman he had assumed to be working on some other project when he had first arrived. Moving forward he slid up before her and gave a quick and experienced bow. His hands clasped at the side of his legs as he came to stand back up, eyes focusing in on her as a slight blush permeated his face. He had flustered himself in his expectations and ritual of caring for his armor to the point that he had ignored those around him... This was embarrassing indeed.

"Arai-Jôtô Hei, I apologize. The last year has been a bit rough for me, from when I was disembarked from the Aeon until today. I find myself flustered and asking your forgiveness, Ma'am." He intoned, more out of reflex than sincerity.

As he relaxed from his bow he looked over her form. All to pleasing he thought to himself, she was the ideal of what he had looked for in a woman all this time, with a single exception. The blue hair, the wildly outrageous colour of the Nekovalkyrja had always been the one thing that turned him away from them, yet ever still his eyes couldn't draw away.

"As I understand it, ma'am, you will be the fireteam leader? If that is the case then my rifle is at your command until you give up your position or someone better fills it for you, ma'am." The man called with all the grace of your inner-city Nepleslian.

Saki luckily did not have to wait long, after Maki left her. The young man with moustache and trimmed beard approached her and gave her a bow. Quite a deep bow too, Saki never received one like that before, she only gave them to others. The Joto-hei bowed back to the man and smiled politely.

"Welcome back aboard Aeon Vis'Thraugh-hei," Saki replied. She did not appreciate his comment about following her until someone better show up. Did he had so little trust to her right from the start?

"I would not call it exactly fireteam Vis'Thraugh-hei." Saki continued, brushing a unruly strand of hair from her face. "But yes, I am going lead future away missions. At least unless XO decides to go with us. I understand it you are an infantry man. Have you received any special training? Explosives, combat driving? Anything?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back