• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.3] Escape From Veritas / Battle of Elysia Novus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Very well," Hanako told the technicians that were staying. "I will start on the bridge. We need to remove the unusable parts so the new ones can be put in more quickly." She turned back to the crew. "Those of you transferring the Aeon, be safe and helpful. I will see you again soon."

After this is over I want to take a long bath, she thought.

As the Vigilant was enroute to the Aeon, Sachi turned to her passengers. "Gentlemen, you best get into an AMES. There are some stored in the overhead lockers. The NMX have launched an attack against the Aeon, and several of their pods are heading our way." She brought up the Ke-T8-W3100 Aether Beam, and Ke-T8-W3101 Mini-Missile Launcher Pods. Once they indicated ready, she brought the Ke-T8-W3103 Countermeasure Module online. "This is probably going to get a bit bumpy."

---------------------------

"Eucharis this is Aeon, NMX forces engaging. We will do our best to keep them off you.

"Taisa. I'll be staying as well." Nika announced, "I'll return to the Bridge to coordinate with Charisma in keeping the systems running... If you are ok with that..." She knew that Hanako can handle the ship well with just the skeleton crew available.

Though Konoka was not quite satisfied with the amount of help she'd been able to get done, she did as bidden and followed to the armor bay. Taking her NSP back from Tasuku, she said softly, eyes wide, "Arigato, Yarani-Hei. Are you feeling alright?" That was Konoka for you. She'd been so concerned for everyone's welfare, she'd completely forgotten about this being missing. She was glad to have it back, today was more proof she'd need it to complete her goals of making some difference in the world, despite her constant near-perfect intentions.

She guessed that Tasuku had helped her back, her head was foggy and all the details of the situation were still a bit unclear. Still, to renew her optimism, she took it as a sign that her misfortune had been a chance for a new friend to do her a good turn. Well, she'd continue to do as she was told. That was useful, which was what Konoka strived to be.

Once again, a favorite phrase of hers came to mind: What fate wills will come.

Sune got up and checked the overhead lockers until he found the AMES, he took one out for himself and handed one to Ramiro. Then he quickly donned the suit and took a seat.

As Sachi did her best to out maneuver the attacking craft, and get a few shots off she turned back to the two passengers aboard the Vigilant, "I don't suppose either of you is weapon system trained? I could certainly use a hand up here. We can't land on the Aeon until the NMX forces are cleared."

Takeyu didn't say much afterwords, instead he turned to his side and gave Mikeal a respectful smile. He then looked toward the doors leading back into the passageway.

He knew the best place to start would naturally be engineering, as it took a bad hit during the battle. But he also knew that were multiple other areas of the ship that needed to be cleared off. The smile quickly faded as he turned his attention back to Hanako, "If it's alright with you ma'am, I'll start with engineering, unless you want to start elsewhere" he said.

Ramiro thanked Sune for the AMES suit and quickly put it on. He held on to whatever he could find, just in case they started getting hit by something bigger than pods. When he heard Sachi ask if anyone was weapons trained Ramiro stood up and walked over. "I have basic training in weapons from my starship operator training, although I don't specialize in it."

"That is fine," Hanako nodded. "I will be working on the bridge." She mentally connected to the computer and put the fabrication room to work creating some new starship control panels as she headed back to the bridge to begin working. As she left the armor bay, a grin appeared on her face and she remarked, "I think this is my favorite ship so far."

Meanwhile, outside the ship, Eucharis' AA guns were still at work, automatically firing showers of deadly bright red energy at the surrounding swarms of NMX battle pods.

With Hanako already announcing she was heading to the Bridge, Nika decided if she need to help out, at least get at least one or more of the control panels working.

The neko headed to the fabrication room, hoping to find some spare parts among the mess caused by the attacks. Fortunately, the room was not damaged badly as most of the machines within the room were functioning... and they were already churning parts for the control panels!

"There must be a conspiracy between our Taisa and Charisma..." Nika thought to herself, chuckling as she picked out the parts needed for a control panel and placed them in a mini cart. Once done, she hurriedly along with the cart, reaching the Bridge, which the temperature had cooled down somewhat.

Not waiting for Hanako to reply, she got the cart down to a charred control panel and started replacing it...

Tasuku leaned down closer to Konoka's level so he could speak quietly with her without the others around them hearing "I'm glad to see you're doing a little better, but actually Miyazawa-hei.." Tasuku looked around at the others for a second confirming to himself he wouldn't be overheard, "I'm not doing very well right now.. I don't want the others to know though.." Tasuku held forced a smile through the pain, it was difficult, and it showed.

"If you have a few minutes?" Tasuku added; his hair and the bandage around his head and eye were still wet with sweat.

Her eyes darting up, Konoka began, "Well, actually, Yarani-Hei, I feel so selfish for getting hurt, since I couldn't help, but....."

Then, her 'concerned crew medic and friend' mode kicked in, and, in a fit of caring, she whisper-lectured, "Oh, you baka Yarani-Hei, why do you..and people.. always try to ignore your pain?! There's a reason nobody's evolved to having no pain receptors...They're like little alarms inside screeching, 'Oo, please, stop, slow down, get some help and don't be so stubborn!' I swear to fish, I don't see why this crew are always walking unwell...." She sighed. It was just like Konoka to lecture someone she was trying to help. "Listen to me...There is nothing wrong with feeling hurt. First, it shows you are still alive, and that should be everyone's very first goal. Second, in this kind of place, it probably means you were doing something useful, and fate just decided to be unkind to you today. Fate does that to remind us why it's different when we're happy, because if everything was always happy-skippy we wouldn't learn anything, or know the difference. You'll probably not hurt the same way, from the same exact cause, again. You'll learn. But at least before you were up and doing something of use....I've been knocked out until recently. Anyways, this proves you're not a rock. Congratulations, you'll never be a building material for houses. This is why you're better than that."

Then she sighed, realizing she needed to act of some use. "Oh, oh, Yarani-Hei, no worries, I'm right here. What seems to be the point of trouble?" said Konoka determined. Gladly, she was back to her dutiful usefulness. That was her happiness. Because for very point of trouble, Konoka would try to be a point of solution.

This was help, and helping was Konoka's life.

Takeyu had left the power armor bay; the atmosphere there was beginning to get to him. Likewise, he was getting concerned. He headed to Engineering and braced himself for what he saw; the place was a mess, torn beams and control panels strewn about. Small fires dotted areas that hadn't been hit by the extinguishers but he noticed that for the most part - there was no smoke to cloud his path.

He looked around the place and noted that he'd have to replace some of the consoles; he carefully removed some of the destroyed ceiling that was the ground, and had placed to the side of the room. He then lifted up the damaged control panel and set it aside.

He took another gander at the room and let out a sigh. Being a tech, he deeply hated the way it looked. Gerders that helped keep the roof up were twisted, some melted into place while others were completely melted in half by the fires.

Takeyu took an extinguisher out of the damage control station and quickly doused the fires that remained there, he then carefully removed some of the debris to get to other fires - noting a power cable that needed to be replaced he made a mental note to get onto it after he was done clearing the debris.

At another area of the room he eyed the reactor; he couldn't tell right now about its condition mostly due to the fallen ceiling panels that blocked the path. Other areas of the room were just as bad though, he couldn't tell how long it would take him to completely clear the room. With a heavy sigh he went back to work.

As he moved more panels aside his hands brushed up against something smooth, Odd, that didn't feel like a floor panel or anything metal, that felt like clothing, he thought and carefully removed a large piece of metal, beneath it he found the unconscious body of Blueberry. He looked over her and sighed, then placed a finger up to her neck.

He waited a few seconds, and then blinked. "Wait a minute," he said and continued to wait. He counted the seconds tick by, one pulse, then two, three, four... five.. A smile creased his face. "She... she's alive!" he said and quickly looked back at her.

Takeyu was ecstatic; he began to remove the debris from around her - though he took extra care in making certain to be careful. He removed some of the damage and uplifted floor panels, a piece of the ceiling, and even a damaged control panel. When he was done, he saw that she was injured and it pained him that he lacked a full medical background.

He addressed her wounds the best he could before gently - oh so gently - picked her up and started out of engineering. Because he couldn't get to his communicator, all he could do was inform Hanako through telepathy. "Taisa! I've found Blueberry, she's alive but injured. I'm taking her to medical right now. I apologize, but I don't know who the on-board medic is or if they stayed behind."

Sachi turned to Ramiro, "Then get your butt up here and take the second station. I'll concentrate on flying the shuttle and avoiding them, while you show them the error of their way for attacking us." She deftly swung the shuttle onto a new trajectory, "I really don't want to have to explain to Ise-Taii why her knew shuttle got all shot up." She said with a grin.

Ramiro dropped into the second station and started pulling up interfaces for the different weapons. Figuring that the pods were the only thing posing a real threat right now he diverted power away from the main weapons and to the AA guns, which he set to rapid fire. He then shot in a command that paired that AA guns into groups of 2-3 for target purposes. This way there would be several AA guns shooting at one target rather than what was closest and most convenient. He monitored the radar, making sure that there was nothing bigger on its way.

The shuttle pilot from the Aeon, seeing that aparently none of the Eucharis were coming, climbed aboard the shuttle and cycled the hatch. A moment later the T7 Shuttle signaled for the bay doors to open and flew out.

Katae sent a communique to the Eucharis. "Aeon to Eucharis, we are moving in to grapple you. Cut your engines, and prepare for hyperspace fold in five minutes from my mark. MARK." A countdown time signal continued being broadcast so that the Eucharis crew would know when the fold would take place.

Aboard the Vigiliant the following message came over the speakers, "Aeon to all power armors, and shuttles, you have five minutes to be on board, or you are going to have a long walk home."

Sachi turned to Ramiro, "Keep the off our tail, and I'll get us on board. The shuttle may have a hyperdrive module, but I would rather not test it in a hostile area." She accelerated the shuttle and headed towards the Aeon, "Here we go."

"Five minutes?" Hanako repeated with displeasure. In this massive battle, it would take a miracle to survive that long! Luckily, there seemed to be a sudden shift in the course of battle...

The NMX, despite numerical superiority, were actually withdrawing! Hanako stared at the control panels for a few seconds to try to figure out why, and found that the information given to the Elysians by the Eucharis bridge crew had disrupted the battle by forcing their command ship to evacuate. Now, NMX ships were in a tactical withdrawl, leaving the battlefield in a speedy but organized fashion.

The Aeon's shuttles suddenly found themselves free of pod attackers and the Eucharis' automated AA guns fell silent. Was this victory?

If so, Hanako planned to bring out the wine and booze.

Ramiro's continued sending numerous commands through the AA guns, switching things around as the situation required. All of the sudden his head popped up and he looked out of the windows. "What the..." He pulled the radar onto his screen and refreshed it several times and then hit the screen, making sure what he was seeing was correct. "It seems as thought the pods just...left."

Sachi glanced at her controls, "The NMX appear to be withdrawing from the system. Secure all weapon systems, prepare for docking."

Free from hostiles she brought the nimble shuttle in to the Aeon's shuttle bay. Once in the bay she rotated the shuttle and gently touched down. "Welcome to the Aeon. Being from a Plumeria you should be able to find your way around. I am going to be heading to my normal duty station, so I will see you in the Wardroom."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back