• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.3] Escape From Veritas / Battle of Elysia Novus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kumiko looked a bit sick. "We... did. She was on the shuttle when we blew it. And we don't have the power or time to bring her back right now." She looked over at him. "So unless you know the specs well, we're stuck."

"Afraid not, unless this ship use's the same type of sensor dish my families ship did - but I doubt it considering that ship was close to four-five years old," he said and thumbed his chin in thought.

He stood there for a few seconds and then let out a sigh. "Let's see about repairing the main cannon, perhaps give the Taisa another weapon of usage, I know the main reactor is down for repairs but perhaps the portable generators can be used to feed the main gun - it's plausible we might blow a few of them in the process but I think the Taisa would want that gun if it meant she could hurt them. And I think it'd be a blow to the NMX's pride if they were getting their ships pasted by a crippled gunship," he mischiviously smiled.

"However," he quickly added and walked up to Kumiko. "Your looking like your getting worse, you certain we shouldn't get you to medical?" he said, this time with concern in his tone.

Our dear pink-haired neko nurse Konoka, usually so animate and full of life and verve, had been taking a while to wake up and heal up after her last bit of work. But now her crewmate and new friend Tasuku needed her help, she had sufficient motivation to get her lazy mostly-recovered butt moving to help out. Now another person might have thought they were justified in this small delay after being injured and all, but as Konoka released herself from the sick bed, she simply chided herself for being 'selfish' enough to allow herself to be hurt when someone could use her. She responded to Tasuku immediately after being ready: I am in the medbay. How can I help you? She quickly realized that the Eucharis was not exactly in a state of calm, and tried to straighten up her normal work-station the best she could. Above all, Konoka hated all signs of chaos.

Waiting to receive Tasuku and begin her assistance, she sent a message to the Taisa: Taisa, this is Konoka Miyazawa-Itto Hei, reporting. I am awake now and need to know what state things are in, and if there is any immediate action I must take besides providing medical assistance.

Konoka was happier, she was back on her feet, and now she could what she loved doing most: Help out.

Ramiro, having been facing away from the ship, saw the torpedo coming. He had time to react, trying to divert all power to the shields, but it wasn't enough. Ramiro was flung backwards, past the shuttle, and shook his head as his vision started going fuzzy. He managed to keep form blacking out as he watched all the displays in front of him go dead. Not knowing much about Mindy armors he didn't quite know how to get everything operational again so he did the one thing he always did in these situations, banged against the side of the main console and hit the power button over and over, swearing as he went.

Nika almost screamed when the torpedoes ignited close the friendlies, causing her to go through her calculations again and again.

"It shouldn't be wrong! I've programmed it so that it will only affect the shuttle...but hitting friendlies as well?!?!" Her hands rapidly tapped at the sensors control, hoping that they are still in one piece, which fortunately, they were.

She sighed in relief, only to received alarms on incoming projectiles from enemy ships.

"Torpedoes incoming from NMX ships!" Nika activated both AS and AM, making sure her calculations were right with a little variations and fired at the torpedoes as they came into range. Bright blossoms of light followed indicated that all incoming projectiles were destroyed.

With the Mindy Team unable to complete their mission, the neko made a final decision. "Taisa, as much you wanted to get the shuttle back, but it seemed its not posssible..."

She armed the positron cannons, carefully regulate the power provided. With that done, she did her calculations and fired the torpedoes at the shuttle, forcing it to line up in the cannons' direction. Making final confirmation that none of the friendlies would be hit by any stray shots, Nika fired...

Over the speakers, after a burst of static an unfamiliar female voice said.

YSS Eucharis, this is YSS Aeon, actual speaking. 7th Squadron has arrived to render assistance. Have dispatched two of the squadron to attempt to neutralize inbound torpedoes, we are attempting to interpose our ship between you and the hostiles. What is your status? Over.”

"Aeon, I need you to jump over to our shuttle and retri..." Hanako started, just as the lovely Golden Apple was annihilated. There was a long pause. "I request you retrieve my power armors as I currently do not have a shuttle available. We will then need you to bring us back to our Ikoi at Yamatai."

Hanako then replied to Konoka. "I need you to start making a new body for Blueberry and Pineapple, and to check all crew members for injuries."

- - -

The 1H armor, fairing better than the rest, grabbed the stolen Mindy 2A and teleported onto one of the waiting NMX ships, which jumped into hyperspace seconds later.

"Eucharis, I have dispatched a team to retrieve your missing power armors. We can transfer you to the Aeon for the return trip to Yamatai and tow the Eucharis if you wish. I have a shuttle standing by to handle the transfer." Ise Katae transmitted.

"Very well, send the shuttle over," Hanako replied to the Aeon.

Then Hanako got on the intercom. "Attention: All crew, please assemble in the armor bay."

Takeyu glanced up at the ceiling; hearing the announcement he wondered what it might've meant. "I guess the main cannon is out of the question," he said and looked back at Kumiko.

"I guess we'll head to power armor bay instead," he said and gave a small smile to Kumiko. Though in the back of his mind he wanted to stay and repair the ship.

Ramiro sat there in the Mindy, floating around space as he watched lasers fly between ships in the distance. He yelled angrily that he still didn't have control over the armor. He slouched, as much as he had room to, and put his head back, figuring he would just wait to get retrieved, captured, or blown into oblivion.

A little while later Ramiro saw dot approaching, as it got closer it grew in size until he could see that it was a shuttle of a type he had not seen before. On the Kuma T8 hull he could see YSS Aeon NG-X1-409-1 emblazoned. The shuttle came to a stop and the hatches on the aft opened. An AMES clad individual floated out of the shuttle and using a Type 31 Void Propulsion pack maneuvered over to Ramiro. The individual placed the visor of the suit against his Mindy helmet, and he could hear somewhat muffled.

"Relax, I will have you in the shuttle in a minute." the person then maneuvered away and Ramiro watched as the person towed Sune to the shuttle hatch. After taking him into the shuttle the person reemerged and flew back to Ramiro. Attaching a tether to the disabled power armor the person then towed him into the shuttle.

Once in the shuttle the individual closed the rear hatch and a hissing sound could be heard in the compartment. Once the hissing stopped the person removed the helmet from the AMES suit. Ramiro could see a Neko face with chestnut brown hair, and bright blue eyes looking at him. She reached over and hit the emergency release on the Mindy helmet and lifted it off. "Welcome aboard the Vigilant, my name is Nami Sachi from the Aeon." Using a tool she was able to cause the Mindy armor to open so that Ramiro could exit. "There you go, let me go uncrack your friend." she said.

The Neko crossed over to Sune and repeated the process. She then crossed to the front of the compartment and activated a control and two sets of seats rose out of the floor. "Are either of you injured seriously? If not I'll get us under way to the Aeon."

Sune finished extricating himself from the power armor, "Thank you for the rescue. I am uninjured except perhaps for my pride."

While the first shuttle from the Aeon sped off toward the power armors, a second shuttle a T7 Raccoon was launched and quickly approached the Eucharis.

Once the T7 shuttle was lined up with the shuttle bay, the pilot executed a quick roll maneuver to reverse the shuttle and brought it in backwards to the bay. The shuttle no sooner touched the deck when the shuttle bay doors closed and bay re-pressurized. The aft hatch of the shuttle opened and an AMES suited individual carrying a LAS rifle stepped cautious out into the bay.

"Shina Kim-Ittô Hei, to Eucharis commander, Shuttle Diligent stands ready to take on your crew." The pilot transmitted to Hanako.

Nika nodded as the cannons striked true, destroying the shuttle, but it was not enough to destroy all the contents within it as the enemy took the surviving Mindy armor and left the area.

Then Hanako got on the intercom. "Attention: All crew, please assemble in the armor bay."

With the announcement, The neko turned and started heading towards the armor bay...

She was not expecting the YSS Aeon's shuttle be arriving that early as she entered the armor bay. Nika decided to wait for the others to arrive before boarding.

When the crew was assembled on the glossy black deck of the armor bay, Hanako opened the door to the shuttle bay and told them, "Our sister ship, Aeon, is offering us a ride back to our docks where Eucharis can be fully repaired. I imagine their ship's interior is filled with more fresh air and less ash. Maybe you can make some friends with their crew, too." Hanako smiled a little. "It is up to you individually if you would like to go or not. As the captain, I intend to stay aboard until we reach the safety of the docks. After that I would like to speak with Captain Ise."

It occurred to Hanako at that moment how strong her attachment to Charisma was. Maybe her love for the AI was partly responsible for keeping her aboard. It would be nice when the ship was fixed up and could exchange this AMES suit for pajamas.

Tasuku changed direction and arrived at the armor bay, his progress was slow, he was ragged from their mission, his mouth was dry, but his body was still wet with sweat inside the AMES suit. The most obvious thing about him though were the bandages that wrapped around his head still covering one of his eyes.

"You dropped this..", Tasuku said quietly to Konoka as he walked over to the spot where the crew was assembling, from a pocket he pulled out her Type 30 NSP and handed it to her, carefully holding it by its battery pack so she could take it by its grip.

Takeyu hadn't entertained the thought of leaving the ship, especially since he had only just come aboard not that long ago. He had heard the Taisa and what she had said, but the words rang loudly in his mind.

He stood there in thought, his arms crossed over his chest with his eyes closed. If I go, I loss the chance of performing as least some partial repairs on this girl, and if I left the ship I'd feel as if I was letting her down in some way, he thought to himself and stole a glance at the wall.

Though he was, after all, just a new crewman and he was nervous about speaking up because of that - but he was still a technician and still had a duty to perform. With that, he opened his eyes and a small smile creased his face. "Though leaving the ship and resting my hands and eyes might seem like a good idea, I can't stand to leave the Eucharis in the condition she is in. If there is even a remote possiblity that I can contribute to her repairs while I'm here, then I'll take that chance. I'm a technician after all, my place is on board," he said, his voice serious. Though he did feel out of place for some reason, but in the end, he was hoping he would make the right decision.

Mikael quickly moved from the wardroom to the Armor Bay once he heard the announcement over the intercom system. When he got there, he slowly crept into the gathered group so no one would really pay heed to his large build.

He looked on as Hanako opened the door to the Shuttle Bay.

He saw Takeyu speak first and moved over to him after he was done. "I am with him ma'am. I am no real technician like my friend here, but I know there is something I can contribute here. I can repair my Daisy after all, ma'am." he said as he playfully (but hard) slapped Takeyu on the back. He didn't know where this sudden burst of positive energy was coming from, but he didn't feel like turning it down either.

Ramiro sat there, bored out of his mind, when he saw a a dot in front of him slowly getting bigger. His first thought was that it was a missile, at which point he rolled his eyes. When he saw it was a shuttle he began to hope that it was friendly and when the Aeon logo was visible on the side he started grinning. He waited for the door to open and the person in the suit to float out before calling, "Good afternoon! Nice of you guys to drop by." Ramiro waited patiently as he was pushed into the shuttle. When the person took her helmet off and he saw a cute little Neko face staring he got excited. "Well hello there Nami." When Ramiro was finally out of the suit he stood up, stretched, and started wiggling random limbs trying to check for injury. "Everything seems okay, so we can just head back to the Aeon." He walked over to the seats and sat down, stretching his legs out in front of him.

A bit of color came to Sachi's cheeks, "Well, you may want to help yourself to the comfort module, pointing to the unit. Its freshly stocked. You'll find some really nice fruit in the refrigerator. I have no idea how long you two were floating out there. The Aeon only arrived in system a little while ago looking for the Eucharis. I best get to the cockpit, just call out if you need anything." Sachi turned and entered the cockpit leaving the door open. She sat at the controls and started heading back to the Aeon.

Sune went over to the unit, got himself a cup of cold water, and a Yamatai pear. He then returned to his seat and turned to Ramiro. "Well, this is a pleasant rescue. And our pilot is rather cute." He whispered to his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back