• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.3] Escape From Veritas / Battle of Elysia Novus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opting out of carrying tools in her current injured condition, Kumiko started limping her way to her new destination. "Hopefully, I shouldn't have to worry about being careful while I'm on the ship, but thanks anyway."

"Well, I'm certain the NMX won't stop with us being a heavily damaged ship - as long as they think of us as being a helpless vessel they may leave us alone, but that's just wishful thinking" he said to Kumiko and descended to the deck below and continued on his way.

After receiving Nika's transmission, Sune quickly went over and attached a Ke-M2-P2903 Hyperspace Fold Booster to his Mindy and started the charging cycle. We need to catch the shuttle before it gets too close to those NMX ships. Our Mindy Power Armors will not be last long under starship weapons. he thought.

Sune approached the bay door, and took simple step out the door. Using the telemetry supplied by Nika, he began the calculation for a destination point that would put him in close proximity to the shuttle. "Valencia, these are our target coordinates. Meet you on the other side." Sune said to his friend. "Power armor team ready to go." he sent to Nika.

Sune using the power armor thrusters maneuvered clear of the Eucharis. He watched the count down on the hyperspace booster on the built-in HUD.

"3... 2... 1... Charge Complete. Initiate?"

Once Ramiro was in position Sune transmitted "Power Armor team initiating fold. NOW." to Nika and activated the booster.

Sune was not sure what to expect having never actually done a Hyperspace Fold in a PA. The sensors showed the hyperspace bubble form around him and then suddenly everything visually turned to a blur outside the suit. A matter of seconds later Sune in his PA returned to normal space. A head of him was the Golden Apple.

Mikael finally noticed that Blackberry was now up into the wardroom and grabbed another extinguisher to combat the remaining fires. "Mikael, when are you going to transfer bodies?" she asked suddenly. "Transfer bodies??? Most likely when this one gets shot up to much. It really is not a priority unless someone over me says it is." he said after a long pause looking at her from the corner of his eye, despite his helmet blocking his view. He wasn't used to having a superior call him by his first name, plus no one really asked him so bluntly why he clung to being a Nesplesian. They just often stared him down back in Basic. "Not like I can become a Neko like yourself." he chimed in a few seconds later.

Tasuku nearly fell out of maintenance conduit, but managed to catch himself short of landing on his face. He pulled the AMES suits helmet from his head and looked around the corridor gasping in the cooler air, sweat dripped steadily from his forehead.

"Miyazawa, what is your current location?" Tasuku asked over his communicator, he expected she would still be in the medbay, and he started moving in that direction as he asked.

Kyle said:
"Well, I'm certain the NMX won't stop with us being a heavily damaged ship - as long as they think of us as being a helpless vessel they may leave us alone, but that's just wishful thinking."

"You're probably right. So long as the battle's going on though, they'll probably concentrate on the much more dangerous Elysian ships though. That gives us some time to fix her up."

Takeyu slowed his pace as he neared the hatch, it was easy enough to locate considering what was written on it.

Though as he was about to try and open it he noticed that the hatch wouldn't move. He pulled hard on it, but after almost a full ten seconds he was forced to stop. "Man, that thing is stuck hard..." he said to himself as he attempted another pull, what he didn't realize was that the hatch was melted shut - no amount of physical force that he could muster would budge it.

"Where ya at right now Kumiko?" Takeyu asked her while still trying to get the hatch open, figuring that it was just stuck from beating the ship had taken.

Ramiro followed Sune's lead, doing exactly as he did. Ramiro had never actually used power armor in a real-life situation so he was still getting used to things. After he carefully maneuvered his way over to Sune he had time to stop and look around before everything turned to a blur for several seconds. Once the blur went away he looked around and spotted the Golden Apple. "Well that was a lot easier then I though it would be." Ramiro used his thrusters and started speeding towards the Golden Apple with all possible haste.

The Golden Apple opened fire...and its back door. Two Mindy armors flew out to engage them. They both went after Ramiro first, with the Mindy 1H engaging its jamming systems and its huge aether cannons. It would be difficult to fight the armors and pursue the shuttle at the same time.

Legati-Chalybsel aboard the Cassotis watched the NMX flee back to their group. He was contemplating pursuing them when the stricken Gunship broadcasted information on a better target. The Alithia fleet was still hungry for blood and vengeance. Chalybsel signaled the Prefectii of the fleet to bring the fleet into the Gladius formation. This sword like configuration allowed the ships in the formation to all engage the same target by altering the elevation of individual vessels. It was a preferred configuration of Chalybsel when attacking larger opponents.

The Alithia fleet charged towards the NMX command ship, and as one the fleet opened fire on it with their primary weapons. Their secondary weapons fired moments after the initial onslaught.

Sune persuing the Golden Apple, was preparing to fire at the shuttles nacelles to try and disable it, when suddenly the rear doors opened. What the.... they are engaging us. Sune could try to follow the Golden Apple but that would leave Ramiro to the two power armors. Sune was not about to leave his team mate behind, but he also was not willing to just give up on the shuttle.

Sune fired both of his Ke-M2-W2902 Forearm Weapons in Charged Beam mode, not at the nacelles or the enemy power armor. Instead he fired them into the open interior of the shuttle hoping to disable the T4 Fox by attacking the unprotected innards.

Sune then switched the Ke-M2-W2902 to machine gun mode, and activated the Ke-M2-W2903 NSD. He then fired at the Mindy 1H with the drones in an attempt to pull the pilot away from Ramiro.

"Mindy Team has hyperspaced..." Nika announced, watching the sensors of the Mindys blinked out briefly, then suddenly appearing close to their primary target, "Mindy Team has arrived at their designation...." It was then more beeps were announced, "Taisa, the enemy has activated two Mindys and are engaging our Team."

With that said, Nika ran through the ship's weapon list. "Main Cannons down... Not enough range for AS and AM guns... Positron Cannons can't be employed due to large energy useage... which means Torpedoes..."

"Mindy Team, the Eucharis will be firing torpedoes at the shuttle to slow it down." Nika readied the missles and calculated their trajectories, setting them to ignite once they overshot the shuttle, supposedly to bump the ship abit and hopefully blinding the pilot.

"Torpedoes... AWAY!" The neko announced, pressing down the ignition button.

Ramiro was moving towards the ship when it started opening fire. He had time to dodge the initial onslaught when he saw the bay door opening. When the Mindy armors shot towards them he got angry and yelled, "Damn it, can't they just leave us alone for once." Ramiro shot sideways to avoid any initial fire and to allow Sune to fire at the enemies. He thought for a second, trying to figure out how to do this, when he got an idea. He turned his back towards the shuttle and used his thrusters to move backwards towards it. At the same time he set his weapons to machine gun mode and started firing at the enemies that were now in front of him.

The 1H ate through Sune's NSDs with its shoulder cannons, while zipping around to avoid his and Ramiro's shots. The shuttle's interior took a few hits, but it didn't slow down. The door quickly closed and the shields went up.

Meanwhile, the torpedo went off nearby, slamming all the armors (friend and foe alike) with its powerful shockwave, knocking out most of their systems and leaving them disabled.

The shuttle, damaged but still operational, continued without them.

Meanwhile, the NMX ships sent some torpedoes back at the Eucharis.

Kumiko smiled, and reached over to tap Takeyu on the shoulder. "Right here." She hobbled over to the door controls, and tapped in a few commands, supporting herself on the wall. "Looks like the door is sealed. Here, I'll see if I can find out why."

Takeyu was so transfixed on the hatch; he hadn't even known Kumiko was there until she tapped him, thus causing him a bit of a fright. "W-would you not do that please..." he said with a sigh and heard what she said after words and gave her a simple nod of the head.

Kumiko nodded as she tapped in commands then frowned, whether out of pain, or frustration it would be hard to tell. "Gah. I can't even get the other side's controls to respond. It's as if they aren't even there..." she tapped in a few more commands, then shook her head. "I can't do anything from here, maybe MEGAMI can... but we shouldn't distract her in the middle of the fighting,"

Takeyu leaned up against the wall in thought. "Darn, I was hoping to..." he sighed and looked up at the ceiling, almost as if he could see what was going on above and outside.

"Wait, do we have anyone on board who is an expert with the sensors?" he asked curiously.

Mikael quickly took what remaining fires were in his view and then proceeded to hover around to give any more assistance. The Technicians didn't want his help, the Bridge is off limits to him which limited his interaction with the rest of the crew. He went to a nearby Damage Control Station to swap extinguishers again and to look busy.

Sune was so engrossed in fighting with the Mindy 1H he never even saw the torpedo. The next thing he knew a massive shockwave slammed into his armor. What the hell… was all he had time to think before he blacked out.

A moment or two later Sune came around, the star field slowly rotating in front of him. His HUD was currently offline and so were most systems. “This is so not good. No HUD, so no way to know what is operational, and how much life support I have.” He said to himself.

Sune then started experimenting with ways to try to reinitialize the armor, it was better than just giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back