• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 9.1] Tip Of The Spear (Battle of Sbuhfaba)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 9] Tip Of The Spear

Hanako was quiet for a moment while she thought about Ramiro's statements. Finally, she replied. "Very well. Do your best at Fort Ready. Ships like mine depend on well-trained soldiers."

The Taisa then returned to the wardroom and returned to Shizu. "Have you started Santo Hei Remi's interview?"

Shizu sat the fork down and carefully dabbed the syrup from her lips, and the corners of her mouth.

"No," she replied to the Taisa, "I do not believe Santo-Hei Remi has yet reported on-board. I did not see her while conducting my round through the living quarters. I passed the word for her ten minutes ago."

Takeyu leaned back in his chair and thought deeply on what had transpired on Veritas. He knew he could've done better, and knew that he had to get his act together if it meant staying alive again.

His mind replayed the event, of the Elysian who shot at the Taisa; he mentally sighed and realized that, had he fired, the Taisa probably wouldn't have been shot and would've been able to keep going without the need for medical assistance.

Still, he had come to the realization that the reason his mind didn't act like it normally would was because he wasn't in his old body - he was in a new one, well, new to some people. He had to wonder if he had actually lost anything from the transitioning phase. He still remembered all his combat training, the usage of a sword, a pistol, rifle, and various other weapons.

Perhaps I should've joined infantry instead, he muttered to himself and then shook his head. Nah, while I know how to fight and all but my skills reside better in the technical area, a smile creased his face.

His eyes navigated toward the table and soon over to the new-girl. He found it odd that no interview had been done just yet, though in his case, the captain hadn't time to do it due to all the action that had gone on. Though, in the end, he was happy she had accepted him and he planned on becoming a valuable member of the crew.

With that thought in mind, he got up and made himself some juice and then took a seat again.

Ramiro bowed to Hanako. "Thank you Taisa, I'll do my best and make sure to return once I can." He then returned to the ward room with the rest of the crew. On his way over he quick checked to see if his request had been officially approved yet. He rolled his eyes as he discovered they hadn't and took a seat next to Sune, looking around at the rest of the crew. "Hey guys, hows it going?"

Sune was reviewing some of the sensor data from the previous encounters on his ICP, working on an idea. "Pretty much just another typical day for the Eucharis crew so far. Our medic made one of her typical but amusing entrances. But overall just waiting for the Taisa to give us our mission briefing." Sune asked. "So what is up with you?"

Iella rushed forward towards Shizu and Hanako. Somehow she hadn't heard the page and was just sitting there, looking ridiculous. She bowed slightly, "I apologize Shizu-Taii." She stood there looking embarassed and hoped that the rest of the initiation process would move smoother.

"Oh not much," Ramiro replied as he tried to figure out how to word the rest of his response. During his pause he quickly got up, got himself a drink, and then sat back down. "I might be getting transferred though." He took a sip from his drink and then looked around at the group he was sitting with.

Kumiko made a face. "What did you do now, that you managed to piss Hanako-Taisa off enough to transfer you? I thought you'd be fine if you'd lasted this long." She took another bite of her food, and washed it down with her drink.

"Transferred? I did not think your behavior last night warranted a transfer. Did the Taisa say why she was transferring you?" Sune asked his concern for his crewmate clearly visible on his face. Sune then started thinking of SA regulations to see what recourse his friend could have.

Iella rushed forward towards Shizu and Hanako. Somehow she hadn't heard the page and was just sitting there, looking ridiculous. She bowed slightly, "I apologize Shizu-Taii." She stood there looking embarassed and hoped that the rest of the initiation process would move smoother.

Her breakfast finished, the Taii crossed one leg over the other, beneath the table, and folded her arms. Shizu sat holding the new Hei firmly in her impassive gray gaze expectantly, as if waiting on something. There was a moment of awkward silence where the Taii regarded the Hei, and the Hei no doubt regarded the Taii.

Eventually, Shizu began, " 'Santo Hei Remi, Reporting for duty, Hamada-Taii' " and then answered herself immediately with, "Ah, good to have you aboard, Hei."

She followed it with a brief, almost matronly smile.

"That would have been the general gist of the thing, I think. You are forgiven, regardless. Welcome aboard. You seem to already know this, but for the sake of formality, I am Taii Hamada Shizu, First Officer of the YSS Eucharis, and this is Taisa Ketsurui Hanako, captain of the same. If you don't mind having a seat, we would like to speak with you about your recent assignment and afterwards answer any questions, if you should have them."

Ramiro chuckled at the responses of his fellow crew mates. "No, no, there's no need to worry." He smiled at the others as he looked around at them. "I didn't do anything and I'm not in trouble. I requested the transfer." Ramiro thought about how people might take this news and then added, "And don't worry, its not that I don't like you guys and its not that I don't like the ship. There aren't any problems and it isn't anybodies fault."

Kumiko took another bite of her eggs, and chewed it over, thinking before she responded. "Well, in that case, good luck. Where are you transferring to? I'm just wondering because you haven't mentioned it before now, at least not to me." She grimaced. "Though with my limited availability up until so recently, it would be understandable if I was a bit out of the loop."

"It seems a bit sudden though. Last night you did not mention the possibility of your leaving the Eucharis at the gathering. But if this is what you want, then I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavor. And that would be?" Sune inquired as he entered a new set of equations into his ICP.

"Don't worry Kumiko, you're always in the loop." Ramiro gave Kumiko a quick wink before continuing on with his explanation. "And yes it is sudden, but that's because the opportunity is sudden. Word reached my ears of Fort Ready starting up another class and I requested that I be transferred there as the lead instructor. I figured it would be a great opportunity, make my name known to some of the "higher-ups" with command. Plus, it gets me noticed for quick rank advancement. I plan, however, on requesting to be returned to the Eucharis once my service at the Fort is completed, unless of course they ask me to stay on as an instructor."

Iella smile lightly at the Taii, but she knew that they weren't going to like what she needed to say. She sat down at the table and folded her hands slowly.

"Hamada-Taii, Ketsurui-Taisa, I'm afraid that the timing is not right for me. I would like if it would be possible to come back for another interview when things get better in my life. I would like to be relieved of duty for a short while." She nodded slightly and waited for one of them to respond.

Shizu gave a mildly disbelieving look to the Hei, then glanced to Hanako.

"May I inquire as to why?" she said, her attention returning, "If it is not too personal a reason, of course."

Nika too had shuffled over to the group as they discussed about Ramiro's decision to be transferred over to Fort Ready as a Training Instructor.

"Do you best out there Ramiro." The neko added in, "You are always welcome back to The Eucharis."

Takeyu sighed as he listened to the exchange, but as he did so he realized something he hadn't yet asked. "Forgive me for speaking out of turn," he said and glanced around. "But, I never did ask this question yesterday, but what is the name of the ships computer?" he asked them curiously.

Sune turned towards Takeyu. "The MEGAMI of the Eucharis is called Charisma Nayacesen-Santô Hei." he said, and then turned back to his computer. This waiting is frustrating to say the least. I wonder why the Taisa is taking so long to tell us the mission. We never even really had a true debrief from the prior mission. Nor has the Taisa commented about commendations, we paid dearly for the last mission. With much of our own blood spilled not to mention casualties. he thought.

"Thanks Nika," Ramiro said. He glanced down at his comm and groaned. "There must be some kind of hold up with command. I requested my transfer orders a month or two ago and there still isn't any word back. Everything seems to have slowed down when it comes to orders."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back