• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 9.1] Tip Of The Spear (Battle of Sbuhfaba)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 9] Tip Of The Spear

Kumiko sighed. Just back from one overly dangerous mission, and now they got to head back out on another. Just great... Shrugging, she thought of something else. "Taisa, what duty will the engineering crew be serving on this mission? Will we be part of the operating crew, or will we be staying on board in case the need to run for it arises?"

Takeyu shifted his position at Kumiko's question; he was somewhat hopeful that the Taisa would bring them along, since she would most likely be interacting with the stations systems, but another part of him knew that a tech would stay behind onboard the ship to make sure she was ready to go in the event things went south.

Taisa's decision, Takeyu clasped his hands in his lap and thought.

"Very well. I will join you on the bridge shortly," the Taisa told Nika and Sune. She turned to Kumiko. "We will need at least some of our technicians with the away teams to serve as combat engineers for breaching doors and planting explosives."

Just then, the ship received clearance to depart from the starbase.

Ramiro sighed and then approached Hanako. He quickly bowed and then said, "Sadly Taisa, this is where we must part. My orders have gone through and I'm to report to Fort Ready. It has been a pleasure working with you and I promise to return the moment I am finished my work at the academy. I have called for a shuttle which should be arriving shortly so I will be disembarking the ship shortly."

"Do you have any preference in who will be on the away teams, Taisa? Or should we wait until we're heading out to decide that?" Kumiko stood up. She figured it was a safe bet that the briefing was more or less over, and it would probably be a good idea to get to engineering. Running quietly was much more difficult then normal running, so she wanted to be sure everything was running right before they left.

Breaching doors? That'll be fun, Takeyu thought with a smile on his face. He pondered what would occur on this mission, and only hoped everything would go fine.

With that in mind he watched the Taisa and Kumiko carefully.

After receiving Hanako's dismissal, Sune picked up his ICP and left the wardroom by the staircase down to the lounge. He crossed the room and entered the bridge. The bridge looked as good as new, although he was sure that he could smell a faint trace of the acrid smell of burnt wiring.

He crossed over to the Science station and brought the console online and entered his personal code. He initiated a fully diagnostic of all the Eucharis' sensor systems. That will take a few minutes, meanwhile let's run an EM reflective scan. Best to make sure that we are not leaking any EM. he thought.

"Aww... and I thought you are able to stay for this... The Eucharis will not be the same without you..." Nika nodded, "Good luck then Valencia-Heisho."

With that she turned and hurried along behind Sune to the bridge, where the latter settled down at the Science station. Nika went to the Weapons station and started doing diagnostics for weaponries as well as navigation. It was then the ship received clearance to depart from the starbase.

"Taisa, the ship is cleared for take off. Awaiting your orders when ready." Nika announced over the intercom.

Sune turned to Nika, "Well, Himeya-Hei, with Valencia-Heisho off training new soldiers, looks like you will be flying the Eucharis. That should be exciting for you. Just be sure you do not scrape the paint." he said with wink.

His console status began to flash indicating that his diagnostics were complete. Sune then brought the sensors up to normal mode for operation inside of friendly space.

Hanako went to the bridge.

"Unless there are any problems, please get us moving."

Takeyu stood up and stretched his shoulders; his left shoulder was somewhat numb due to him having it in an awkward position and thus cut off the blood-flow temporarily.

He waited a few seconds and then started for engineering. Guess I'll go and keep an eye on the power flow and then wait unitl we are on our way before doing my maintenance rounds, he thought to himself.

As he walked out of the room; he had to wonder if the Eucharis would end up with breaches upon return, the thought made him sigh.

Ramiro quickly went to his room, grabbed the bag he had packed with all of his stuff, and exited the ship. As he walked away he looked back at his home. Even though he knew he would be returning, it still saddened him to go. Man up, be a real soldier! Ramiro straightened himself up, hardened his expression, and then started off of the dock, not looking back again.

Sune considered Hanako's order to get underway. The Taisa never actually gave us the name of the target system during the briefing. Perhaps she merely forgot. he thought, "Charisma, please identify the star system we are heading to and route the data to the science and helm stations." he sent telepathically.

A moment later the system information for Sbuhfaba was displayed on Nika's and his station. Sune started examining the star system for any aspects that might be useful for the mission.

"If you don't mind me sending the ship into near miss maneuvours." Nika replied with a grin, "Then again, paint jobs are silly in wars, unless you wanna make yourself intimidating, or an easy target."

The system chimed, indicating Weapons and Navigation were operational. Concidentally, Hanako entered the Bridge, confirming their departure.

"Hai, Taisa." Nika settled back and connected to SPINE, retrieving mission related info, much to her surprise that Chrisma had already done so. "Sbuhfaba, here we come!" With that The Eucharis left the station and initiated the warp to its desination.

Several hours later...

In her stealthiest operating modes, Eucharis silently glided into the Sbuhfaba system and closed in on the giant space station. From the slowly decelerating cloaked gunship, they could see the complex's layout - a strange of connected segments each shaped like the letter H, with two in-progress ships under each, and a blocky central hub in roughly the middle. The ships being built were small or medium types...nothing too valuable. Perhaps an attack was expected?

"Park us by one of the damaged hulks over there," Hanako ordered. "We can steal one of their shuttles and ride it in under the pretense of a salvage haul...unless anyone has any better ideas," she told them, open to the input of her crew.

Takeyu studied the scene with an analytical eye. He heard what the Taisa said, and tapped his chin thoughtfully with his finger. On the back of his hand, a small cut was present - caused by a small mistake he made while doing his rounds.

He wasn't to certain what to suggest; salvage wasn't his forte and he knew little about it. Then again, what was there that needed to be known? You were salvaging vessels, and parts from such. If the part was too big, you merely tractor it back to your assigned bay.... wait… tractor? big?

"It might be possible to hide our presence better; if we used the shuttles tractor beam to grab hold of something a bit more valuable, perhaps a detached turret floating nearby," he said and nodded his head toward a turret he was noticing floating near one of the damage hulks. He didn't fully recognize it due to it being partially obscured in darkness, but what he could see were the two main barrels from this distance seemed to be in perfect condition.

"Bring it to the shuttles assigned bay; drop it off, then move off to another location of the bay where we can more easily disembark without being spotted. Traffic control might 'overlook' this due to the prize we bring in," he said and then looked at the Taisa. "Also, if we get a hold of the names of the crew's who were originally assigned to the shuttle. We might be able to use that to throw off any suspicion about us; after all, I'm certain that after awhile someone might want to talk to the crews who bring in salvage - and if they suddenly can't find these people they'll start to get curious. By assuming their names, provided the people on that shuttle match the genders of whom you decide to bring along, we can probably move about more easily," he stopped himself and collected his thoughts. What was he doing? He was just a hei, a lower ranking soldier whose opinion really didn't matter much. But then again, he wanted to see success. Not to mention, the Taisa did ask for ideas.

"Likewise, there's probably a good number of salvage crews out and about anyway, not everyone will know the faces and looks of the other crews. It'll at least buy us some time, before either someone finds the bodies, or discovers our true identity - but perhaps it'll be just enough time to complete our mission and cause enough problems," a mischievous grin formed on his face, but then quickly added. “Merely an idea,” he smiled innocently, though if anyone paid close enough attention the smile had a slightly evil curve to it.

In a low, almost inaudible tone, he said. "It would be interesting to see what fun one could have with the stations guards, signaling false alarms in various areas of the station away from where we are headed, or even, to cause a disaster in another portion of the station to draw attention. Of course, all of this is null and void if to much is done in a short amount of time," he continued to tap his lower chin.

Reactions: Wes

Sune had a bad feeling about this. Nothing that they saw made any sense. He uploaded his program to Charisma and initiated it. It would take a few minutes for the passive program to identify all points with active sensors.

"Taisa, if this is such a high priority target. Then where are the picket ships to defend it. And for that matter where are the capital ships being constructed? I think we've been sold a false bill of goods. Nothing here is what it seems. Riding in a shuttle seems problematic at best. Flying into a landing bay and coming out into a group of Mishhu. I suggest we use the NMX shuttles in another fashion. We exit the Eucharis in our Mindy's and use their cloaking systems to hide on the outside of passing shuttles. We let them carry us in. Then there is no concern about having to step out of the shuttle. Do we have someone trained in demolitions who can prepare charges for us, or will be learning hands on?"

"I wasn't trained in it; but I did handle mining explosives back in my mining days. Not the same thing, but the result is no different," said Takeyu as he studied the display. He rubbed his chin, and was rethinking what he had already suggested to the Taisa.

Sbuhfaba system seemed to be very quiet...

Nika, at the navigation, monitored the ship's movement carefully, at the same time regulating constant power to its cloaking system as the ship slowly, and silently made its way towards the space station.

"Jalen-Heisho might be right, considering that this installation is rather important. There might be cloaked NMX ships just hiding and waiting, probably already expecting that we be here." Nika paused, reducing the speed of the Eurcharis further, "Nayacesen-Hei's suggestion was very much a challenge, considering the risks involved when evacuating for the saboteur team, but if this actually pulled of... it might reveal the locations of our hidden enemies, if there are any."

Sune sat waiting at his console, the passive scan application seemed to be taking forever, or perhaps it was just his sense of anticipation making it seem that time was crawling. To help pass the time he starting compiling a list of likely candidates for the away team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back