• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 9.1] Tip Of The Spear (Battle of Sbuhfaba)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 9.1] Tip Of The Spear

Sune considered Kumiko's query, "SLEX rounds are what I have selected for my SLAG so that is fine. But remember our mission priority is to get in set the charges and out as quickly as possible. Use of firearms will be a last resort measure because they will alert the Mishhu to our presence. That happens and the fleet looses the element of surprise. I see you have mounted a Teleportation unit, that's good. We will most likely use them as the most expedient way of egress."

Takeyu cancelled his power on sequence; though he normally wouldn't care about what others had, and mostly because he liked being unique, he knew that in some instances - having the same loadout, or at the very least close to it - could mean the difference between failure and success.

He made a few quick changes to his armor, removing the equipment pack and replacing it with the teleportation unit. He also attached the shoulder capacitor and for the final he added on the leg's offensive pod.

With that change done; he quickly stepped into his armor and started up the power sequence for the second time.

Current Power Armor Loadout:
Ke-M2-P3000 Power Armor Teleportation Unit
Ke-M2-G3000 Shoulder Capacitor
Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods

It had gotten very quiet in the medbay, and ever-steadfast Konoka, now disappointedly packing up some medical supplies for the mission, had been expecting more patients. Apparently not!, she thought a bit sadly. Ah, well...that was not her place. Best be adaptable, Miyazawa! she told herself.

In the climate around the events of late, she'd begun to suspect her efforts would be needed much more often. As duty and life hiung in the balance, she oromised her eternal service to the fates of those who her sphere of influence fell to. Best get ready, then.

BUt wait......

"There's something I CAN do!" she piped up cheerily. Ove rthe intercom, she sated sedately in an affected calm, "This is the last call-All away team members who have not received backups, please come to the medbay." Sheblinkedfor a second, as if in thought. "Uh, immediately. That...is all!" she gulped, ending her message with a sense of accomplishment.

O f all the uncertainties in this mission, Konoka herself, at least, refused to be one of them: Whatever fate threw at them, she'd find a way to help. Konoka guessed she was adapting her philoxsophy to the situation. Oh well.

For Konoka, any optimism in the form of hel p or assistance was enough for any of the moments she could sapre to choose to do much in./ And now.....Well, her medical kit was full and ready. The bay was clean.

All she needed was a friend to help. At least she'd attempted to bring them closer to the sphere of her help and assistance.

Though still a steadfast helper-that was unchanging-Konoka was indeed adapting.

"Very well. I will do the same then. And yes, I figured the Teleportation Unit would be good for evacuating wounded or a quick departure, which is why I'm bringing the capacitator as well." Kumiko finished picking out her weaponry, and stepped back out of the armory. "Now I'm ready to go when the rest of us are."

Takeyu was glad when his power armor came online; the sequence completed and he was now ready to go. He made certain the suit was wroking, moving the arms up and down a bit and then walking around the bay for a few before sliding the helmet over his head.

He made his way into the armor; and switched his comm.'s over to Laser only.

"Actually once everyone is here, Nayacesen-Hei will distribute the explosive charges among the team, and instruct us on how to set and arm them properly. Then we will step out and see about catching a ride on one of the shuttles heading over to the station. Depending on your analysis of the station plans, we will either stay together or split into two teams to get the charges in place as quickly as possible." Sune said as he walked over to the intercom.

He quickly punched in the code for the Medbay. "Medbay, Jalen-Heisho unless you have a patient in the bay report to the power armor bay immediately. We are preparing to get underway."

Aboard the NMX Shipyard Complex

Taisa Hanako quietly moved along low-use corridors, passing crew cabins and dining facilities as she made her way closer to the computer core. Using the deck plans she was able to get there fairly easily, however getting inside would take some thinking. Perhaps if she caused a disruption that seemed to be caused by the computer, they would send in a technician...leaving her free to follow him in through the door.

Double-checking to make sure the area was clear, she opened a panel on the side of the wall and began scanning network cables. If she could replicate the signals going back and forth from the computer to the shipyard proper, she could attempt to fool both sides and send some false signals. Any error in the ship construction process was likely to trigger an exam of the computer.

If it worked, from there Hanako would be able to infiltrate the computer and reboot it under her command...and that would give her control over the complex's defense systems...

"Could you go ahead and send the plans to my armor, Jalen-Heisho? I'll run over them until it's time for the explosives talk." Kumiko slung her LASR, content to sit and wait for the others.

This is taking too long, the fleet is depending on us to prepare the way. he thought to himself venting his frustration internally. As he watched the countdown in his HUD continuing to decrease.

He turned to Kumiko, "They are on this datacube, you can upload it to your AIES ." Sune said tossing it to her.

"Nayacesen-Hei, since it is taking longer than I anticipated for the away team to assemble. We will expedite things, you and I will bring the explosives you prepared out here and break them down into four sets. Once we are done with that, you can start your explanation to all present. Anyone who misses it will have to be told on site." he said making his way back to the armory.

Kumiko caught the cube when tossed, quickly setting it aside where it wouldn't get broken after downloading its data. With that done, she pulled up the plans, and began scanning over them, looking for the best points to hit with their limited time, and the best routes to and from said points. She also kept an eye out for hiding/ambush spots, just in case the mission went FUBAR, though she really hoped for once everything would go according to plan. Just this once.

"Roger that Heisho," said Takeyu as he headed over to the explosives and collected a few. He methodically brought them into the power armor bay and laid them out onto a small table, he rechecked his work one last time, someone might say that he is to cautious, but to him he was just trying his hardest to make certain that everyone around him was safe. He broke down the one's he brought into two sets, and then looked up at Sune.

"Ready when you are Heisho," he said and mentally recalled what he would be saying.

Just in time, Konoka had managed to drag herself and her medical kit-amongst other recently-moreso vital supplies she'd been worried about as much-to the PA bay in time to be of some absolute use-the ability to help in the any one moment required was a prided skill Konoka refused to slack on. She'd realized that, caught up fragiley concerned thoughts, she'd been a spazz-and THAT wasn't helping anyone, so THAT would be corrected-extremely quickly. Actuallly.....

.....It was uncanny how such a seeming spazz-orff as Konoka could manage when the situation-it was one now-required of her. Now-and nowadays-that was even more and ever-more, for sure, increasingly important for the situations-and the crew-friends of Konoka, allies- facing them. Konoka could not forsooth the future, no-but she could sense that her help was required, and.......Besidew, lately she was trying to be more in control of her own rushing-quiet sphere of fate, off, -ahead of her-and being too slow or too slack to help simply wasn't Konoka-heh-way.

In an instant, the instant fate's balance required of her-she was ready. Stepping up to fate, a helpful poker face as always, set to work-Konoka.

What can I do, Heisho? Ah, that was just the question of her life.......

Heh. What willed will come.....

Miyazawa, you've got it! Konoka told herself-whatever the order was. And she would, for the folks and fate required. :)

And there wa a slight smile of hope in the poker face of Konoka, a helpful worker........?

Sune turned to Konoka, "Glad you could make it Miyazawa-Ittô Hei; suit up while we continue with the briefing. Nayacesen-Santô Hei, if you be so good as to brief us on the safe usage of the explosives now. Then Endoh-Ittô Hei will provide us with how we will approach our objectives once we get to the stations."

Four Mindy Clad soldiers going into enemy installations, not exactly the kind of numbers I would have hoped for. We split into two teams it looks even more bleak. Well, one step at a time, and we will improvise as necessary. he thought.

In the NMX Shipyard

A Mishhu turned around and tilted its giant "head" sideways as it looked out the window. Noticing this, a few other Mishhu shipyard workers moved over to the windows and looked out as well.

"What the hell?" one stammered.

Outside the window, they could see robotic arms that were supposed to be installing armor panels were being spastic and twitching, slamming the armor plates against the sides of the ship repeatedly.

"Looks like some sort of computer glitch. Better check it out."

Takeyu nodded and looked down at the explosives. "The plastic explosive you won't have to worry about exploding on you if you drop it, as long as it doesn't get into contact with extreme heat or get hit by some shockwave, perhaps from another explosion. Satchel charges, on the other hand, are different. For whatever reason, some can detonate if dropped, and others may detonate if they are hit by enemy fire. So try and make certain they are not in any line of sight of enemy fire, also do not manhandle them, treat them with extreme care."

He stopped briefly and looked up. "Each explosive has been prepared; each block of plastic explosive has a T31RD attached to it. Just remove the explosive primer from the remote, stick it into the explosive once it's been molded around the object, then get a safe distance and detonate. The Satchel charges will also be using the T31RD, just remove the RD from the side of the satchel, place the detonating cap in the slot here," he showed them. "Then either throw or quickly place the charge at the desired location. A short throw won't detonate the charge, a long drop.. say.. down a shaft? Will almost certainly detonate the explosives inside. Either way, once you’re at a safe distance; detonate the explosives," he stopped himself and thought for a moment.

"Last thing, if the explosives don't go off for whatever reason, don't try and disarm them, it's possible the remote was damaged while we are moving about the station - just take out your weapon, aim for the blasting cap, and fire.” He then looked over at Sune.

Sune listened to Takeyu's briefing, "One small addendum to that Hei, we will not be detonating the charges. Not unless things to badly. If all goes well, we get it, set them and get out. We'll have the Eucharis transmit the detonation command right before the fleet comes in. We go detonating while we are on one of those units, we'll have every Mishhu after us and they will go on alert." He added.

Takeyu thought about what Sune had said. Good point, I hadn't thought of that, he rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Just hope nothing blocks the signal," he thought aloud.

Kumiko nodded. "More to the point, I can't guarantee we'll be able to get out in any other way then teleporting if we blow the charges while we're on board. I plan on taking out as many systems as we can with what we have, so blowing them while we're on station should be a last resort." She grimaced. "I'll keep looking for ways to escape if it turns out we have too do so though. No guarantees, but I'll try."

"I was thinking that we could use our Type 29 Communicators to serve as signal boosters. Program them to monitor and when they receive the signal from the Eucharis relay it. Having them inside the ship should help boost the chances that the remote detonators will go off." Sune suggested.

Takeyu nodded approvingly. "Sound's like a good plan to me, and since we'll be detonating them, hopefully, from here," he looked over at Kumiko.

"I guess we just have to hope that things go as planned," he said but then smacked himself mentally. NEVER SAY THAT TAKEYU!!! he grimaced visibly at his stupid comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back