• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fifteen: Harae

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's Lord Itto Hei.", Mark had messaged back as he had left down the hall with a chuckle.

Mark now stared at the door for a moment, wondering if there was a way to open it. "Oaklen here, armory on deck two is sealed, but the field isn't up. Anybody in Engineering, or Bridge got a line to bypass the lockdown? See if we can crack this open and make sure everything is present and secure."

He gave the door a tap with his armored fingers, giving an admiring whistle within his helmet.

YSS ???
Bridge
YE 40

Elenor shook her head as the terminal failed to power up. "Anyone got any read on the atmo in here? And why does the bridge crew look frozen mid-action? I can't think of any situation that'd cause it from my survival training if this was just a system failure." Elenor asked, stepping away from the quiet computer. This thus far looked like the same layout as the YSS Hana had, which meant sensors fore of the bridge, and officer quarters on either side. "In the mean time, I'm gonna check the shuttle bay... But I have a feeling the shuttle's still there if we're seeing the command crew here, not in suits. That means that whatever happened, happened fast enough to, freeze them, but not enough to give them time to react."

YSS?
Hallway

"Understood." Klaus said to the Heisho. He turned and left the medbay. Deciding that there was strength in numbers he headed in the direction of Oaklen.

He found him near the door to the armory and decided to announce himself to the higher ranking soldier.

"Oaklen-hei, this is Kurogane-hei. I'm here to provide backup."

Med Bay

Sacre tapped the Hinomaru, trying to get in, she remembered when they changed from the old style. "Boss, I don't have a connection. We need to get the information off. You should be able to hack in, given it's using older authentication methods." She asked the Ship's MEGAMI.

YSS ???
Bridge

Alastair came into existence on the bridge of the unknown ship. He was no more than two meters from where the captain of this ship sat, frozen in time. He checked to see where everyone of the crew ended up. As expected they were already covering the ship like a swarm.

"Stay alert team, this feels completely off. Feel we should have left this tomb to fade into nothing." He commented to the entire team as he walked over to where the captain was sitting. He kneeled down to get a better look at her. "If this wasn't so creepy I would say the crew frozen like this is almost beautiful. Doing what they loved before having the life pulled from them. Forever frozen and forgotten on this lost ship." Alastair said loud enough that those on the bridge would be able to hear him.

In all his years he had never seen something like this before. Though he did recall something like this when being around Miko. All the frozen meat hanging in the meat locker was in his mind. Though the ship was not frozen so how on Yam did this happen...

Engineering

Odo took a look at the dead room. It was oddly creepy. He heard the back and forth from the rest of the team.

"Hei Odo here in engineering." He said in reply to the question from the armory. "Generators are down, Im going to take a look around. See if I can get them up and running." He knew that the immediate priority was to get one of the generators up and running and restore power to the ship. Before he even tried a start up sequence, he pulled out a portable diagnostic tool and plugged into a data port on the primary generator.

He then initiated a soft diagnostic startup on the generator. It would not fully engage the engine, put attempt to a limited startup sequence to see if power was available and the generator was in working condition. He would then move the tool to the backup generator and do the same diagnostic startup on the backup generator.

"Much appreciated, hopefully Odo can get us some power so we can get a work around for this door. If not, we might have to cut our way through. Either case, when we get it open, your going to stack up on me. I'll take point since I have the shield, and we'll clear and secure the armory.", Mark said with a polite wave to the other man. This door was going to be a tough nut to crack, but an important one to make sure was at least clear. He had his NSBs, and his plasma katana, but that would take time. Maybe with the 20mm, but that was limit on what he was willing to try safely.

"I hope this was do to some anomaly, or freak incident. I don't like how quiet and still everything is, making my plates itch with paranoia. If this was an attack, why leave everything aboard untouched? The armory is locked, but the field is down. No sign of forced entry so far, and that's not making me feel better about it. That's why we need to be ready for anything. Ship wide in general, it just doesn't feel right. What kind of loadout you packing Klaus?", He asked after giving his assessment of everything so far.

Magical Mystery Ship
Bridge

Mehitabel came in behind Alastair and Eleanor, LASR up for action when the sight of the frozen crew came into view around them. The muzzle came down a point or two, not just because of the dust that had settled over them either. She added her own thoughts, warily, "Is it a good idea to plug our stuff into the system?"

Without broadcasting it beyond the bridge, taking a step towards the frozen sensor console, steps no doubt raising decades of collected microscopic debris into the atmosphere, Bel wondered aloud, "Are they really dead though..."

Her eyes swept the readouts for atmosphere, not unsealing anyway, and gravity just out of curiosity. The AIES was clear enough that there were no signs of life from the frozen nekos... But they looked trapped. Like time had just stopped all decay from invading the ship...

"Guess I am staying with you, Belmont-chui," she said with an invisible smile as the boarding party split up to search the ship, "I can see about the Captain's quarters, if there is any message traffic or logs we can retrieve, though Herrick-hei seems to have proved we can not access the ship's systems by conventional means."

Last edited:
YSS ?
Hallway

"Yeah. This whole situation is making me nervous." Klaus had to agree with Oaklen's assessment. This whole ship seemed to have been made up by a horror movie fan. As he spoke, he sent a message to the Ittô Hei's Mindy describing his more concealed parts of his loadout, the dorsal NSB Launcher and one Countermeasure Augmentation Pod, while also showing his Scalar Submachine Gun, and the Shoulder Capacitor and the 20mm Gauss Cannon.

"I'm afraid other than using my wakizashis or the forearm cannon in hull cutter mode, I can't breach the door, sir."

YSS ???
Bridge

Alastair did not wait for the results of any of his checking out to register before getting a message about assistance opening a door. His eyes narrowed as he had flash backs to the last door that gave him troubles. It was also the gate way to even more troubles. An unsettling feeling came over him as he was not sure what they might find on the other side of that door.

"Hei Odo, see what damage you can do in engineering to get us some power. Report anything that would indicate the core is unstable." Alastair sent over comms to Odo. "And be careful Mark breaking into that room. It very well might be locked for a reason."

He then turned his attention to Mehitabel. He had not really had much of a chance to meet the young woman who was of the same age as Alastair. Like his younger brother Miko, he too had a soft spot for the Elysian race. Just something about those wings that kept his attention. He caught himself looking at them far too much and put his focus back on task. "Aye, let us head to the captains quarters to see what we may find there."

Unknown SAOY Vessel
B
ridge

"Sure thing. Probably too much to hope for some hard copy, like a diary, or a memo pad. A communicator with power? Right out...." she said, turning her response into indistinct reflective muttering at the end. No one had asked for her opinion but trying to blow open a sealed blast door, that worried her more than she'd care to admit. Even if that was the only way to get through. There were no rounds in her inventory that could do much damage to a heavy door, probably, though enough HEI might get the job done after everything else was sprayed with fragments. No doubt Oaklen-hei had a plan. She hadn't had enough time to get to know him, but he seemed to have his head on solid enough.

Flanking Alastair, she trailed behind a few paces, turning periodically to check visually for any movmement. The sculpture garden bridge was making her more uneasy than she cared to admit. So Bel missed the team leader's glances at her armored wings. In time, if she survived and the armor did, she'd 'dip' the tips in black like her actual wings, just as she had her last set.

YSS Kaiyo II
Fighter Bay

Waiting with the others of the standby team, Mikael's mind is busy as he goes over the latest intel reports he has recieved since returning to the home universe. He had been around, but as a secret furry creature, he tends to wonder off in random directions at random times. Only Hoshi would have any idea as to why this is so and neither are telling the rest of the crew.

Mikael looks over at the new XO a few times when he has a lull with in his thought cycle. Seems like a atypical neko aside from her choice of hairstyle. Then he starts to think as to why there seems to be a shortage of males within the ranks. An audiable sigh can be heard.

YSS ???
BRIDGE

Saya blinked into existence on the bridge a few moments after the others. She had been a few seconds behind the others suiting up, and as she had changed out some of her equipment it had made her fall even further behind.

But she was there! And after the last mission and some work with Sacre, she was feeling a little more confident in her suit out on the mission. She wouldn't be an ace any time soon, but she wouldn't freeze up... But as she popped into existence on the bridge and spotted the frozen personnel, she was quick to act.

Her rifle attached to her hardpoints and her hand in her buttpack, she grabbed it her science scanner first to check the environment to see that it was safe before she pulled out her medical scanner to look over those frozen.

"This is strange. It's like they are frozen in place. What could have caused this though?" Saya made sure any information she got from both scanners would be sent to both herself and Sacre.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

While Hoshi watched and listened to the feeds coming in, Boss sent her Sacre's request and the little Neko agreed.

“Kaiyō actual here,” Hoshi said aloud to the away team. "The soul pod would be in the computer room, which is even more protected than what Oaklen-hei is facing. Are all of the escape pods in the wardroom accounted for?"

Asuka turned away from her console and Hoshi looked over to the sensor operator after closing the transmission.

"The covert eye drone is in position," the grey panel said.

"Begin wide range passive scans," Hoshi said.

"It already has begun to do so," Asuka reported.

Hoshi nodded once more, "Very good."

YSS ?
Bridge

The basic settings on the science scanner indicated anomalous life sign readings. Gas scanner readings showed that the atmosphere was still present. PMS readings showed that the nanomachines were swarming in the patient’s head casing. The feed from the nanomachines inside the still patient were erratic as many of the little bots worked to assess and access the problem simultaneously.

Engineering

Odo was not able to get a working reading from the diagnostic tool. The generators were offline and not responding to his limited startup sequences.

Med Bay

Boss sent a message to Sacre, “I have restored stable, encrypted, wireless access from the ship's in-built PANTHEON/MEGAMI network, Heisho. The limited access is to be noted. You will not be able to cross-reference any information from our modern network on this device and will only have access to what is stored within its archive banks. Some network options will not be available to you, such as communications and updated data.”

Sacre could then see a small amount of text data in the form of reports and messages were stored on the device. The datapad showed a healthy crew for a few weeks' worth of standard notes after the ship's departure from Yamatai in YE 35. Nobody on the ship had been recorded by the teal panels on board as getting a mind backup. Messages were requests for members to report to the medical bay for routine exams.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge - Captains Quarters

Alastair moved into the Captains area of the ship to get a look around. He doubt anything of value would be in this room but he might get lucky. While he was doing his best to flip the room upside down, he decided to chat with Mehitabel to pass the time.

"So I noticed in the armor bay your wings have black tips. Seems the ranks of team Yin and Yang is ever growing." He let out a small chuckle as he thought back to his comment he made to Kamikaze.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

Chlorate sat at the weapons operator station, her luminescent eyes wandering around the bridge. The android sat patiently and glanced at Hoshi, waiting to react if the scanners picked up anything.

YSS IDK Man
Engineering
The crested- (Well, not anymore, her Mindy's helmet didn't allow space for a crest) engineer walked over to help Odo with the generator. "Guess they're not responding?" she asked. "Perhaps we could check the internal mechanisms and wiring, if something's broken or disconnected inside the diagnostic tool might not even be able to get a reading." She took out one of her work tools and used it to open a panel or two on the machine, exposing the internals of the primary generator. The blue eyed bird looked inside.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge - Captains Quarters

Mehitabel moved through opposite sweeps from Alastair as they searched, checking desk drawers, under the bed, night stands, uniforms, for any scrap of extra information that might cast some light on how the ship had gotten here. Like the team leader she had few illusions of actually finding something. That was more likely to come electronically.

"I am afraid there's no intentional allusion to Yamataian religion, sir," she says, her attention turned to the door as if the statue-crew were going to spring through at any moment, "I dye the tips of my own wings for contrast. Ego encourages me to do the same with my armor. Hm..."

"Did anyone check the wardroom?" Bel switched to transmit and asked the team.

YSS ???
Engineering

The generators did not do a thing in response to Odo's tinkering. He pulled his tool out of the port, before he jumped and whirled around at someone voice. He saw the other engineer there and calmed down, the creepiness of this place was getting to him.

"Yeah, that was my next step." He responded to her. "I was just hoping i could turn them on and have power. I should have known it wouldnt have been that easy." He walked over to the secondary generator, while she was looking at the primary generator and followed suit, opening a panel and peering inside to see if there was any noticeable damage.

"What do you think happened here?" He asked, as a way to make conversation and a way to relieve the creepiness of this ghost ship a bit.

Mark hated to admit it, but he was getting bored waiting around. The question on if the wardroom had been checked was as good excuse as any.

He looked to Klaus, "I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of staring at this door. They want someone to go sweep the wardroom. Good reminder their are other rooms to search. Beats waiting, but then again were the only ones down here, and so far no compartments on this deck have been searched. Want to sweep a few while the engineers get power back? We can just leave an NSB here to monitor while we do."

YSS?
Hallway

Klaus thought over his compatriot's proposition. It did seem wasteful to just stand in front of an unbreachable door, not to mention if there was some trap in the ship waiting for them, the sooner it was found the better.

"It does seem like the best course of action, for now at least. Alright, I'll follow your lead, sir." he declared. "Still just for extra caution I think we should leave two NSBs, one of yours and one of mine. For redundancy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back