Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fourteen: Uekiya pt. II

Arbitrated

The Smollest Smol
FM of Elysia
IYS Empyre
Cavern


Arete's breathing slowed asthe just, general hype from the break in had started to properly fade. So far, nothing interesting was going on here - which was neither good nor bad. And now people had a slightly better idea on how to use the coolant to their advantage. "Hopefully nobody's looking at us right now and figuring out what we're up to..." She eyed the area around the group nervously, holding her gun up.
 

Kai

Game Master
Manager of Origin Industries
Retired Staff
Coconut aimed her LATR toward the next target as soon as the first had been relieved of its rifle, trying to do the same thing- knock the handheld weapon out of the armor's grip. As her first target moved to try and flank her, Coconut used a trick from her groundpounding days, and steeled herself for a bit of a shock. Her own thrusters boosted to life, and she let her suit's AIES target a chourse to lanch directly at the offending enemy, closing range to make their shoulder weapons useless while also shoving her armored shoulder into the lower, more flexible part of the enemy suit's abdomen in an attempt to crush it. the photonics array was ordered to provide extra protection over that shoulder while still trying to retain the forward protection between herself and the other two enemies.

"C'mon you'll have to try harder than that!" the brown haired, brown-skinned Neko roared as her own forearm weapons also began firing, pivoting to provide covering fire at the third powered armor, in order to keep it on its toes and prevent it from having free reign to shoot at its leisure.
 

Rizzo

Well-Known Member
Space near YSS Kaiyō II


Candon's armor hung gently in space at the moment as the call from Eden came through. He looked closely at the data sent to him and did some quick math in his head saying, "I think I'll just teleport in riiiight…"



Zero Gravity Passageway
An explosion erupted down the hall from Eden, panels blasting away from the wall as he arrived. "Here, ma'am."
 

Ametheliana

Staff Member
Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge


The little blue and white haired aged Nekovalkyrja's deep ocean eyes swept to look at the navy-skinned helm officer. They lingered on Gravity's mouth as the hum came from it and then Hoshi's line of vision shot to Asuka, who was softly patting the console and her own thigh with either hand as she took the position of drummer within the song's composition. Hoshi sort of tilted her head as she looked at the floor in front of Asuka's type 35 starship chair and saw the red-head intermittently tapping her right foot, as if hitting the bass pedal... or was it a double bass drum pedal Asuka was pretending to smack with her black boot?

Hoshi straightened up and checked in on the work being done by all bridge officers and away team personnel. She honed in to look at the work of specifically the two zoning out in their "Flight of the Valkyries" moment and a small smile spread on her very pink lips as she looked away from the data and to the others on the bridge.

"Chlorate-hei, open fire on all enemy targets save for the IYS Empire," the Chusa said when the targets began to appear more accurately on sensors and scans. "Everyone here is working at their peak. Let's keep it that way."

Med Bay

"A Chujo..." said the IYS captain in he brig the moment the doors to it had opened fully. "Can you tell me what I have done for this small honor?"

IYS Empire
Mega Conduit


Walter put up a Mindy 4-clad hand before Odo could move on, "In this instance, I think we're on to something." His hand fell and he began handing off his equipment to his Star Servantine. "A major shut down of the weapon may have just been completed. The only person that may know for sure right now is a bridge officer because they saw a slight power drain. And even then, only if they're being truly attentive, no... I need to run more intensive scans. It may be dangerous to linger here, but not as dangerous as the imposition of this universe's leadership on our own! There has to be something a penetrative set of scans can find." Walter said emphatically as his many moving hands of destruction began working as pairs to scan and surround the weapon. A pair splintered to a further and unmolested legacy weapon quickly after taking initial readings on the weapon the other SAoY technician had affixed his battery packs to. When they had been there at the second huge weapon of the IYS Empire only momentarily, Walter spoke back up to Odo.

"What you did on that weapon has significantly altered the cannon's main power conduits and procedural shut-down has been engaged. I don't have a very wide spread of readings so your knowledge of what you did may be what we need to answer this next question. Should we do the same thing to the other legacy cannons?"

Bridge

The slicing aether blade was seen very soon by many of those on the bridge and Wyatt and his NSB were shot at the moment they entered the bridge, but primarily by personnel-grade weaponry. His Mindy was not only able to take the personnel-grade weapon's fire, it really barely registered on his warning systems and his AIES was able to begin locking on to the non-PA targets for him even after he had begun shooting down many of the bridge on stun. There were still two power armor that had both been at the blast doors to the stern of the ship. One tried to rush to the first person who had been downed when Wyatt dropped in, but Eden's NSB took it upon itself to make that difficult for the armor and the two got into something of a standoff while the other armor was remaining at their post in a kneeling position and had shot a half dozen rounds from their forearms at Wyatt and nearly hit every time except for the last, when they shot a chair and sent it spinning in the air. They were swiveling on their feet as they tried to gauge Wyatt's position and were generally easy to avoid being hit by as the marksman was more mobile and able to gain cover while they were staying in the same position near the doors.

A few lone unarmored personnel were strategically positioned on the multi-level bridge. Some of them were firing on him and making their positions known while others were ducked and covered well enough so that his sensors had to pick them up and he didn't have a direct line of sight on them.

Zero Gravity Passageway

Eden turned to the Spectre armor and looked it up and down with visuals and scans, noticeable only by a slight nod of her Mindy helmeted head.

"Nice to have you here. Sending you feed of what the inside of the bridge looks like right now," the Shosa said. "As you can see there are two PA and some bridge officers, but it is within our control right now. We'll proceed with you going in stealthed and without firing. We will teleport in simultaneously so that my entrance conceals your seemingly explosive one. I'll help our guy on the inside. Alder-hei, clean up but will primarily focus on IDing the downed asset, Eve."

"Coming in to assist soon," Eden comm'd to Wyatt in a clipped tone as she watched his progress in her mind's eye. "Not that you need it, Alder-hei."

Captain's Quarters

As Alastair took off his helmet there was a distinctive flow of movement throughout the room as heads moved out of hiding and dazzling eyes laid rest on the streaming white and black hair as it flung from beneath the helmet. His icy blue eyes swept the rooms and two girls, each in very different parts of the captain's quarters, fell to the ground.

"She fainted!" called out one woman after Alastair had approached the fist woman who had spoken to him.

"Yes, her, too!" said another voice from a hard-to-see part of the quarters.

The woman to whom Alastair had spoken was now looking at him with pleasantly shining violet eyes, "I think you need no help. They are taken with you. There isn't much time, and I am not the woman you need to speak to about killing her. Killing Eve. You are..." her eyebrows furrowed and she looked concerned. "You are here to do that, aren't you?"

There was again a lack of movement in the room as every one of the girls waited to hear what he said.

Random Deck 1

Wiliam's aggressor had now become his escapee and the power armor-clad person feinted left, then right. Every time a burst of rounds dispersed in the hallway, she would be nowhere to be seen. In on instance, Wiliam would see she had flung herself through a doorway, breaking the door fully in her escape. She was ahead of him by twenty meters when she turned to him to face him fully before going up, likely on a zero gravity passageway.

Random Deck 2

The armor that Coconut had been pushing into with thrusters accelerating her towards them splayed out and it was almost comical until they crumpled between the stern wall behind them and Coconut as she pushed into them. They were shooting their weaponry mounted on shoulders and even trying to use their forearm weaponry, but there was little room for movement and Coconut's projection stopped any shots from landing on her own armor.

There was certainly a point at which it got more difficult for Coconut to push them into the wall, which was the moment their armored backs made contact with it, but Coconut's AIES had its course laid in and compensated by boosting and the 'Nut's thrusters exerted themselves enough so that the wall began to buckle and splinter around the armor as they were pushed further into it. The armor itself was receiving light damage, but not enough to incapacitate the wearer.

Meanwhile, the recent Kaiyō II transfer's forearm weapons were both hitting shots meant for Coconut mid-air and the shooters of those shots. The shooters were pursuing Coconut as best they could, but it was not made easy because of the ground pounder's ability to multi-task. Coconut would notice the aggressors do something odd, though, when she stopped pursuing and raised her chin so that she was looking up, then began to retreat away from the zero gravity passageway when she saw a large crack extending from where the wall of the hallway was mangled and falling in around the armors, who was still pinned between the wreckage of the wall and Coconut's photonics array.

Cavern

It took a little bit to completely fill the space in between the bulkheads but it was soon done around the time that Saya and Muyomi, who had done the same as the medic and begun helping to scoop the fluid towards the wall's innards, had brought the full amount of coolant to the area of the ship where the fluid was being controlled to pool.

"I am scanning again now," Muyomi said after her photonics array had dissipated and she brought out her science scanner. "It looks like a matter of igniting it, now. There is a mass of fluid with enough glycol-like chemicals in it to cause a sizable thermic reaction. That's what we want, right?"
 

META_mahn

Well-Known Member
Cavern

Yeah...that seemed about right. They wanted a lot of damage to cause crew to come investigate, most likely, as well as destroy conduits and potentially breach. But not so big that they were caught in the explosion. This procedure required a few content libraries; most of which are unknown as they were not installed prior to this mission. Perhaps this should be installed later-

-or the equipment they carried could be used, yes. Kyoi tore off a small knob of plastic explosive, sticking a fuse in it and throwing it into the giant blob of goop. Plastic explosive was valuable but not so valuable as to never use it on a mission. It wasn't some one-use weapon of mass destruction or anything, it was cheap as grenades.

Point made. Proceed with plan. Kyoi primed the detonator for remote trigger and shared the trigger mechanism with the entire group.
 

SirSkully

Game Master
Bridge

It wasn't something he had noticed, it wasn't something the Minkan was aware of but a manic grin that bared his perfectly white teeth was spreading beneath the cyclopean gaze of his helmet as he soaked it all in. Wyatt was barely touching the ground as he darted about, his suit's metal feet occasionally orchestrating the gunfire with a brief spark or two as his head snapped toward the two armoured suits.

Two might've been a slight issue but Eden's NSB was watching over him, and for that he was very appreciative.

The Blur of cornflower-blue that seemed to be dropping the bridge-crew like flies accessed his Photonics array and mounted a riot shield-like construct to his forearm, with the blade of his Wakizashi hopefully being the only part than stuck out as he ceased darting around and fired up his thrusters to charge and hopefully slam or stab the enemy armour.

A moment after his attack should have hit, Wyatt span around and pointed his free other arm at the armour that Eden's helpful little drone was helping with - squeezing the trigger to fire off a few stunning-shots as the mind-linked trigger of the Minkan's forearm-mounted plasma revolver in sync to unleash a volatile volley of energy based shots.

It was chaotic, it was something primal and despite the high stakes of it all, Wyatt's pulse was surprisingly steady.
 

amarromega

Well-Known Member
CAVERN

Ragnar half expected the op to be over before the explosive was finished. There was a moment of doubt, a skip in his heartbeat long enough to register on vital scans. When his pulse returned it was a bit frantic, a small war waging in his mind.

He should wait, he should hold for orders, hell; he was a medic and shouldn’t have come up with something like this in the first place. Crushing those were the memories of a delayed defense, and officer buying time for his men to rally, a day of loss and pain. Also, excitement, a deep and ancient feeling of longing for what was to happen next. It made him think of his brother, the little blood thirsty punk was probably well and truly in the thick of it back home now.

“Can we get a scan of the other room again, make sure there’s plenty of party guests for our little present.” He demanded more than asking while extending his arm towards Kyoi; not trying to snatch it away but asking to have it. “Wonder how many of those pigs will fit through the plug?” He chuckled while pointing a thumb to the entry point, an unfamiliar sinister tone to the chuckle.
 

Jack Pine

Staff Member
FM of NDC
Game Master
Medbay: Corner Examination Room

Mark had gotten bored laying in that damnable bed. Comfort while his comrades were possibly dying. Vexatious in every possible thought. It was time he got off his ass and got back to work.

He looked through the lower cabinet until he found what he was searching for. Standing back up he slipped on the pair of jeans Sacre had let him stash here given his number of recent visits. After that he slipped on the eye patch.

Medbay: Main Examination Room

With his search he had been oblivious to someone apparently entering. Padding out of the examination room, he became aware of someone else's presence, "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?", he asked before bowing to the uniformed person, "Itto-Hei Mark Oaklen."

Whoever it was would find his appearance less then flattering. His torso was covered in many scars and burns, his bow giving a angled view of the tattoo dominating his back. A crimson sword with black wings stabbing down through a skull. His right arm still it's same chitin covered state, much like the hand attached to it which had claws on its digits. Mark's black hair caught some of the medbay's lighting as his deep blue eye examined the new person and their decorated uniform, the large scar passing over it shifting only slightly. The only other notable features was the black goatee that framed his mouth, and the double helix tattoo curved around his left eye which the patch covered.
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Captain's Quarters

Alastair had believed he was ready for anything that could be thrown his way. Yet the sight of all these girls in this state struck a nerve with him. He had a feeling of anger and relief of the situation. He again looked around the room.

Alastair was going to put his helm back on as he walked into the room completely but this action had been delayed. One would find it hard to stay focused when your in a room filled with damsels. That and the fact he was pretty anger about the situation also.

He seen one of the girls fall to the floor. He went to quickly move her way when he heard that she had fainted. He paused and grinned letting out a small sigh. Either from his good looks or exhaustion clearly having to carry fainted girls would make this more challenging. None the less this did make him feel pretty good about himself to get such a reaction.

He straightened himself and looked back to the girl he had approached. The words "kill eve" burned into his mind. He was there to capture or kill Eve per orders, this was without a doubt true. Yet the concerned look on her face changed his burning rage towards Eve and what she was doing to these girls. It had changed to a gentle calm. He thought back to his past life and the suffering he had seen from all walks of life and why he set out to make a difference. He knew that doing the right thing this very moment would cause Eve great suffering. If she was as evil as the reports, then freeing these girls from her clutches would be a sweet victory.

Alastair reached his hand up towards the young girl's face. He took the back of his hand and brushed it against the girl's young soft cheek and then lifted her head up using his fingers. He was giving her the most pretty boy face he could muster. Had this been an anime there would have been sparkles all around him. He reached his other arm around her back and pulled her in a little closer. He motion was gentle and meant to reassure her that he was here to help.

"Aye, we are here to seek out Eve. Though at this exact moment my mission has changed. Let us escape this place. Come with me, let us leave together." His voice was soft and soothing to listen too. "All of you, let us go." He said looking out towards the room and in a louder voice.
 

SageShooter

Staff Member
Game Master
CAVERN

Saya... Felt giddy. She was excited she had come up with a good idea, yet for some reason the idea made her nervous. It was probably going to hurt people. Granted those people were hopefully the enemy, but they were the enemy only cause they didn't know who they were. They might be scared just as much as she was just then as she felt her own excitement. She had almost asked for the switch on instinct and that fact terrified her the most.

She didn't like hurting people, she hated the idea, even if they were trying to hurt her, yet she had just devised an improvised bomb designed to at least disorient the enemy enough to cause panic and hesitation, much less do actual damage. She had to shake her head and lower her hand to request the trigger to ignite the bomb, instead now she just held her rifle in a shaky hand.

She even felt a little sick to her stomach.
 

Pancakei

The Breakfast Baron
Cavern

The smallest Mindy user in the group- Kaori, looked between the others, wordless at usual as her eyes landed on the visibly uppity Saya. She could tell the medic was a little conflicted from the idea of blasting through the other side, though exactly why made her ponder. Judging from the staggering amount of... colorful grenades and aether chakrams strapped around her hips as well as the quiet conversations with the man carrying a gun capable of directly burrowing poison into an armored unit, it seemed the two had fallen to different views of the phrase "do no harm."

The silvery metal dome of the little scientist looked towards the wall as Saya piped up, breaking her silent assessment. "Multiple bio-signatures matching Avanced and hybrid Mishhuvurthyar units have been identified." Kaori stepped off the metal floor, pushing back away from the impending blast area. It was not her call to signal the explosion, but she did have an idea. She reached down to her belt, plucking one of the many grenades from the vine and held it in her fist, this one green with a bold yellow stripe. Type 35 o-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile Gas.

She looked towards the commanding officers for permission. "If the breach goes right, they should be disoriented and damaged. One grenade may cover our entrance and choke out some of their nearest stragglers before they can give us trouble."
 

Kai

Game Master
Manager of Origin Industries
Retired Staff
Once Coconut and her first target had stopped moving, Coco was amused to find that the impact had been enough to crack and even collapse a portion of the wall. Kept safe by her photonics array, the former ground pounder instructed her AIES to spin the suit 180 degrees on its vertical axis, and then pointed her LATR at the enemy armor's chest, from just far enough away to keep the gun from destroying itself, and then pulled the trigger for a burst, before finally boosting upwards through the zero-gee passageway, trying to find a solid spot to land whilst keeping her eye out for enemies.

"These are supposed to be elites?" she asked aloud, goading them on a bit, while she smirked inside her helmet. the brown-haired Nekovalkyrja was all hyped up, focused and yet aware, she breathed deeply as she was finally feeling the thrill of combat once more. "Come on, I haven't got all day!" she taunted, taking quick notice of how much ammo she had left and mentally preparing herself to tear one of the molecure-taped magazines from her chest for a quick ammo swap as soon as her current magazine ran dry.
 

amarromega

Well-Known Member
CAVERN

Bomb was set, pressure in the bulkhead building, there was a follow up device ready in the hands of a team mate, everyone was a braced as they would be. It was tense enough for Ragnar to overlook the slight embarrassment of holding out a hand for a device that wasn’t there. Too used to hands on tech from your time pounding through dirt, he thought.

Ragnar took a piece of cover he made earlier and slammed it into the ground like an oversized riot shield facing the direction of the bomb, his scalar smg braces against it and the scalar mg on the shoulder mount seemed to hungrily follow his focus. “Brace and cover, friends. Time to be proactive.” He warned the team of what he was about to do bringing up the detonator on his HUD.

“Five.” He said into the calm; all his childhood scraps with the other boys ganging up on himself and his brother flashing before his eyes.
“Four” he followed up, now thinking back on how hard he pushed not to be a gun toting life taking machine.
“Three.” His voice raised as he recalled that hopeless defense and the officer.
“Two.” He saw a flash of crew faces that he warmed up to surprisingly fast; the man he helped stabilize hopefully recovering, the snake lady medic who put him through a proving ground and so on.
“One.” He barked, remembering the oath to protect ones crew and people and all that sometimes implied.

“Sic semper tyrannis.” He growled, for once not hesitating and hitting the detonate command. Hopefully they had taken the count down and found cover. For now he braced for the explosion and readied himself to fire at anything that came through the breach.
 

SageShooter

Staff Member
Game Master
CAVERN

As Saya had heard the countdown, she had scrambled behind the cover of some nearby debris, figuring it was the best thing to hide behind just then. Her rifle still in hand, it was nerve wracking for the poor medic to be possibly be going into Combat again. Her breath hitched a bit for a few seconds, but mentally she kicked herself. There were people that needed her, and she was just there as aid, not a fighter anyways, there were plenty of people there for combat.

She never saw nor felt the gaze of Kaori, but she did hear the idea of using a grenade designed to choke enemies. Even if they were Mishhuvurthyar, they were still alive and could still feel pain. She shook her head though, biting her lip to stop any retort. This was combat, and she had to let the combat experts do what they felt necessary to keep them safe.
 

Noodlewerfer

Well-Known Member
YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

"Firing!" Chlorate beeped. A flurry of weapons fire formed a cone shooting around the IYS Empire. To someone who could see it from the ship, the Anti-Fighter Turret fire almost made it look like they were undergoing a jump to light speed from a movie. It soon became clear that the small quad turrets weren't the only thing firing, however, as the Turbo Aether Turrets began spewing fiery energy blasts at the smaller IYS ships.

The enemies save for the IYS Empire already had absurdly accurate fire coming towards them, but then something struck them like a lightning bolt- Since the weapons weren't being hindered by the atmosphere, Chlorate saw she could use another weapons system the Kaiyo II had, devastating the enemies that were already caught in the torrent of aether and energy blasts with overkill anti-matter shells thundering out of the Positron Accelerator Cannons. There were still shots being fired to any enemies at the sides and the rear of the Kaiyo II, but none of them were at any risk of hitting Able's ship.

Chlorate was a hurricane and the IYS Empire was caught in the eye of the storm, the only thing in front of the Fuji-class that was still safe for now.


IYS Empire
Hallway, Outside the Conduit Entrance

Kikios stood by the entrance to the conduits, keeping an eye out for any hostiles so none of them would be able to get into the conduit and sneak up behind Odo or Walter. She activated the Kalamari arm system in advance, the robo squid arms extending outwards and facing forwards, ready to toss around and humiliate an enemy. Or two. Or three. Maybe 6... It almost made her want to go find an enemy to try that out on, but- No, she was needed here, if she left then the access tunnel and in turn her teammates would be unprotected.
 

Soban

Convention Veteran
CAVERN

Sacre dove behind cover recovering her NSBs and letting them charge for a moment behind the cover with her. The explosion went off and Sacre pushed her NSBs back out to scout again. She also began rapidly checking through everyone, to make sure they were ok. She pushed any wounded notifacations to Saya for her to take care of. "Ok, we've cracked it open. Let's get in there and disable the other guns before they can tag our ride home." She said, refencing a map of the ship from their home universe.
 

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
Random Deck 1

William watched as his target ducked from one room to another as he fired salvo after salvo down range. This only further annoyed the Nepleslian who watched as his opponent began to float up the passageway ahead and out of his line of fire.

He cursed. Now that she was out of his line of sight, she could ambush him. A smirk slowly spread across his lips as he thought, "Too bad it won't stop me." William shot down the hallway with a burst from his thrusters and entered the zero gravity passageway. As he did, he fired multiple mini missiles from their pods, and leveled his lance at her before charging once more.
 

Rizzo

Well-Known Member
Zero Gravity Passageway

Candon synchronized his teleporter to Eden's in preparation for their entry and crouched low with his sword drawn as his suit disappeared, his stealth systems to blame. "I'm ready."


YSS Kaiyō II, Med Bay

Emi answered both the prisoner and crewman with the same mellow response.
"I'm just here for a pleasant chat," she said quietly, motioning Mark into the room, "soldier, bring me a seat, please."

"My name is Emi," she introduced herself to the prisoner she asked, "what is your name, and why are you here?"
 

SageShooter

Staff Member
Game Master
CAVERN

Saya yelped aloud as the explosion went off but she was moving as Sacre called out any injured. She doubted there would be any issues since the countdown had been called out, but she looked around regardless to see if there was anyone in need. Up and over her own barrier she had found, Saya had her gun up just to be sure of things should she need to defend herself but her finger was nowhere near the trigger.
 
Top