• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Go: Dôshiyô

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cargo Bay

Endo got up fully, hunched over slightly. She looked back at Calver, smiling at the question. "I'm fine, thanks. Is anything broken!?"

Endo swooced back into work and started politely, yet forcefully, evicting Calver from their open position in the cargo bay, moving torwards cover. She was a weird, teal skinned medic who for once on this ship had their hair flat down. She looked like she had a spine injury going on there, ignoring it best she could.

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

The explosions that emanated from the matter of the NMX ship Saki had targeted spewed around on the view screen. They were ovular and bright and debris flew out around the Kaiyō, pelting it but doing little damage, if any at all. The real damage was going on elsewhere on the ship.

Power Armor Bay

Yoshida threw the power armor but the Advanced Type darted out of the way. An NMX Neko in Reaper then pulsed out a few volleys of shots at Yoshida. A second NMX Neko honed in on her position and, before Yoshida could strike, had shot through her shields. Abart then shot down the NMX Neko attacking and the first tried to finish what second had continued, but was knocked down by Abart.

The NMX that chose to go after Orion was pushed to the side and he was able to take a dozen clear shots at it, making it drop to the ground.

William was able to stop the NMX from shooting their gun and then, even moreso as he continued to slash down armored and unarmored NMX Neko.

Hanna's gauss cannon spewed death on the NMX Neko attacking her, then another one was felled by the hurt Neko. Then another. She was on a roll.

Meissa was grabbed by the Advanced Type just before Aiko was able to get to it and it lifted her body up and off the ground, then slammed it into the floor of the power armor bay before lifting her again and slamming her down. While the Advanced Type did that with one tentacle, it grabbed Mat with the other and flung him against a wall. He shot out fervently and without cessation after he had landed, killing two approaching NMX Neko dead in their tracks before a Reaper-clad armor stuck a round of its plasma cannon between his eyes.

Thankfully, Aiko's abilities had been passed down from the Taisho and she was adept and powerful, albeit had no real world combat experience. The Type 33A Neko plunged her aether blade directly into the head of the Advanced Type.

One way or another, all of the NMX Neko in the power armor bay were killed off and Aiko made easy work of the Advanced Type despite her lack of experience. It was time for the power armor bay's personnel to realize just how close some of them had come to death, and to pick up the bodies of those that had not made it that far.

Cargo Bay

The personnel in the cargo bay had several minutes to regroup and come up with a plan. The thing was, all of their plans depended on the NMX coming through that breach again, but it seemed as if there were no more to come. Airi promised the others to be safe and to be careful and she stepped forward trepidatiously, then looked forward.

"That was all of them. Oh-wait!" She shot out a half dozen times, then smiled. "They're done for!"

Med Bay

Throughout Teien Eden's mind came the call to action, "Yamatai banzai!"

Aiko's battlecry could be heard by every Nekovalkyrja on the ship, including the freshest one there.

Hemosynth liquid drained and the index finger of the Taii twitched slightly before both of her hands balled into fists. Her bare body flickered to be covered by a Type 35 duty uniform with her distinctive white panels and full chest of medals and decoration. A Tomoyo's Kikyo would soon be added to the rows, but for now there were more important things to be thinking about. Much, much more important things. Her thickly lashed eyes had so far remained closed, face set in a distraught expression before opening and setting her jaw in place.

"Samurai!" Eden yelled out telepathically. She gave the samurai the coordinates of the ship where she needed her.

"Iie!" Rei replied. "My place is with the princess."

"This is a superior officer's direct orders!" Eden replied, having already removed herself from the med bay. "MEGAMI!?" Eden snapped.

"...Zero-G passageway," Boss replied tersely. "I am running... Improperly, Taii."

As she strode towards where Akiko was getting man-handled, Eden said, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"...I've been tampered with, Taii..."

"Not the time, Boss!" After a moment of looking across the passageway, at the hallway where her previous body lay prone and the further, where she believed Saki was, she snarled and then looked down.

She saw Akiko's prone and power armored body as the Ghost Mishhu floated upwards, towards her. It leaked blood from its spiked crown and she could just make out the tentacles reacting to her presence. They extended then curled, as if excited about the prospect of taking her again.

The lights in the passagway dimmed momentarily and Eden shook her head, black hair splaying out in zero-G while she moved to the side of the passageway. The Ghost Mishhu phased, but missed phasing in and out of her as she had moved too quickly for it.

She moved back to the center of the passageway and used all the force her Neko body could utilize and slammed into the Mishhu, pressing it against the top of the passageway. She then groped around the Mishhu and then yanked on a grip of its tentacles and threw it against the wall next to them, brought it to the other wall, and watched as the lights, again, grew darker and it was out of the passageway, having phased away.

Rei was there at that moment, looking up at the Taii and asked tersely, "Nani!? Ghost
Mishhuvurthyar?!"

"Hai!" Eden replied in Yamataigo. "Teleport into the wardroom!"

Rei's teleporter unit on her back charged, then she was in the wardroom. The Mishhu turned to her, tentacles swinging in the air as it did before turning back around pulling a table from its mooring on the floor of the wardrooom. It threw it at Rei and the samurai walked forward, letting her energy manipulation force the table to the side when it was just inches from her body.

She fired her Type W2901 particle cannons at the Ghost immediately after it had gone invisible. A hole was blow through both walls of the galley, into the cargo lift and then the cargo lift beyond. She paused a moment to reassess her plan of attack. It was then that she felt a sickly feeling as her SARAH was soon grabbed and pulled around the shoulders by a dozen tentacles, but through AIES she activated a 1 meter radius Type W2901 scalar pulse. The Mishhu formed into existence and, limply, hit the ground in front of her SARAH.

At that moment, Eden was running into the wardroom and paused, looking over the wreckage of the beast. Her grim face turned into a slight smile. She looked to the SARAH-clad samurai and nodded, then ran back to the bridge. She pulled her own, dead body into one of the escape pods, kissed the fingers of her right hand and pressed them against the forehead of her former self. Then, she opened the doors to the bridge.

Meissa groaned as she slowly looked up from getting knocked out by the Advanced-Type via violent slamming into the wall. She rolled over, but stopped as her wing screamed in pain.

"Ow...I think I have a broken wing...and a few ribs." she said over comms. "All units...come in. We did it, didn't we? Casualty report, please...and I think I need some help getting up."

She then patched her comms into the ship. "This is Nashira...I think the PA bay is cleaned. Yamatai Banzai, Aiko...couldn't have done this one without you. Think I need a medic, please. Got some broken bones. Transferring off...temporary command. Can I get a medic faster, please? Ow..."

Meissa painfully, slowly, using bare minimum thrust, with help from her drones, dragged herself against a wall. She began trying to exit her power armor.

"Are you safe, Princess?" she sent towards Aiko, via telepathy. She had a rough idea of where the Princess was. "Apologies for putting you in the most harm's way. Reprimand me, if you wish."

Last edited:
Bridge

Misaki began realigning weapons and the ship's prow to deliver more hate-filled gunnery. Her SPINE interface began patching her information from the other decks as well as the approximate location of the Ghost Mishu. All of a sudden she got the report of internal bulkheads being compromised in the galley. Her IFF signals fluctuated for a second before the entire ship seemed to be showing solely Star Army personnel and those already recognized by the vessel.

Her heart began to lighten slightly as her mind switched back to focus down another NMX scout with a beam from the array. She didn't have a second to observe the result of the shot as she was alerted to door of the bridge opening. Her eyes shot open and the wired, out-of-element Misaki drew the NSP in her lap and leveled it at the figure as the door opened...

Then simply dropped it to the deck.

She closed her eyes again, stemming a sudden flow of tears as she switched targets again and continued the spatial fight. She brought her legs up to tuck beside her and one hands moved to her stomach while the other held out towards Eden silently. Misaki was overcome with too many different emotions, her mind becoming overburdened. The volumetric uniform faltered from view as the exposed Saki continued to keep her eyes shut, sniffling quietly and keeping her right hand extended towards Eden.

YSS Kaiyo
Power Armor Bay

As the smoke within the power armor bay cleared and the sound of weapons discharge gradually disappeared, Hanna felt a pounding headache rising in response. She surmised that it was likely caused by the hard blows of the parasites on her head and the reckless headbutt she had delivered to a Reaper-armored Neko. She slowly pushed herself from cover to find the corpses of three Neko that she had killed with the help of Amanozako. She did not remember ever firing at those last two, but perhaps she had acquired some minor amnesia along with the headache.

Now a blooded Neko, Hanna stood up straight and looked out across the power armor bay. A few paces in front of her was the body of her first kill: a Reaper clad Neko with its head partially detached from its neck, and its Impaler Rifle cut into two pieces through the middle. Glancing directly in front of her, she saw the lacerated bodies of three unarmored Neko who had died where the smoke was most intense. Finally, she looked at the three bodies closest to her, two of which she did not remember ever killing.

With an ear towards Meissa's request for a casualty assessment, Hanna took another glance across the room. With her second glance, Hanna glimpsed the outline of Shinomori-Hei, blocked out of view by the bodies of two NMX Neko.

"This is Madsen-Hei, Shinomori-Hei appears to be critically wounded!", Hanna said, as she sprinted towards what she realized was a corpse.

"No...not critically wounded...dead."

Meissa stopped her actions for a bit. She took a little time to process that.

Mat was dead. Well, not dead. He just wouldn't remember this. She took some comfort in that fact that he'd be alive again very soon. Still, she had a bit of a job, with that as her last standing order before she passed off command to an actual officer.

"I'll pick up his body as soon as I get patched up. Anything else?"

Hanna stopped in her tracks, dropping to her knees and rushing to get the now constricting helmet off her head. She struggled in her attempt to take it off, her fingers failing to find purchase. In frustration, she pushed her hands into the sides of the helmet and squeezed it off, letting it fall to the ground and taking a few deep breaths after she was free from the stifling piece of armor.

Finally coming to her senses, Hanna turned off her pain receptors, the headache disappearing in a sweet instant. Realizing that she was slow in responding to Nashira-Hei, Hanna took another glance around the room and remembered the pair of bloody boots she had seen earlier.

"Amanozako might have a leg wound. Get a medic for her just in case. That's all I have."

YSS Kaiyô, Power Armor bay

Over the course of a few minutes, the flaring of his aether beam saber rifle eventually died down as the swarm of hostiles thinned out into nothing. it wasn't untill then that Abart'huse really got a good look around, watching over the body-littled battleground.

"W-was that........all of them.....?"

He mumbled as his alert and upright body slumped slightly, panting from the intense combat from earlier. That ache in his body from the mighty impact from before got a bit more intense, and it would only get worse as the adrenaline pumping through his veins would dissipate over time.

In his tired stupor, he noticed Meissa, fumbling a bit with her Mindy, slithering over to assist.

"N-need a hand with that, Nashira-hei?" He asked, looming over her injured form curiously. It was quite a silly sight to behold, as unconscioulsy he was still clutching his rifle tight in his right hand, shaking lightly.

Last edited:
Orion fell down against the wall behind him as his surroundings suddenly became rather peaceful. He closed his eyes as he hit the floor, breathing in and out rather quickly. Then he winced, he seemed to be injured after the mishhu had rather brutally thrown him into the wall.

He opened his eyes, looking at the mess of corpses on the floor, starting to shake he closed them quickly. He hadn't seen this much blood and death since his childhood, in the war.. that claimed the lives of his parents.

The Elysian kept shaking as he sort of had a panic attack, or something, as the adrenaline went down. He concentrated on not crying, and not throwing up.

Arb-Arb managed to finally stand up under her own power, fluid oozing from the mostly tested wound in her shoulder. "Thanks..." She slowly stumbled back into the cargo bay despite the warnings to head towards medical, scrounging for where her blonde protector had gone off to in the fight.

"Dammit Seino, don't scare me like that!" Tears were welling in the teddy birb's eyes, burrowing her face into his chest and hugging the scientist with her good arm. At some point, probably from the medic, she must have lost his labcoat again as she used her pink plumage to embrace them both.

Last edited:
"Yeah, that would be great..." Meissa squirmed around in the shell of her Mindy.

"I don't even want to know what the guy was even thinking," she mused. "Just walking into an active power armor combat area with nothing but a bunch of flak vests and two guns."

The snakeman looked over her with his slitted green eyes, remembering the staff meeting from a few days before. She and Mat seemed very close, so he had an idea of what she was thinking right now....

"...Same.......but whatever it was, i'm sure he felt like there was a damn good reason to do so..."

Gently placing his free hand on her shoulder, and gave it a reassuring shake. Now finally putting his weapon down, he "sat" down next to her, supporting her sore back with his tail as his hands assisted her in removing the Mindy.

"Let's just take care of this first....."

"The brave idiot. At least he won't have to remember the Mishhu invasion, although I'm sure I'll have to tell him what happened once he tubes back in." Meissa replied. She took the snake's hand as he helped lift her out.

"I think my legs are fine..." she said, as her knee buckled a little. "...never mind, my leg's bruised up a little. Ow."

"Mhmm.....true..... i'd want to know..." He caught her with a quick grip of his tail, letting her keep her balance.

"...Also feel free to hang on as much as you need to, got plenty of tail to spare." He gave a quick smirk, one she wouldn't notice aside from a slight pitch in his voice, as the Mindy's faceplate still covered him. He hoped that helping out Meissa could distract him from the rather unsightly carnage that was left after their battle...

"So. How was your first fight?" Meissa asked her support snake, slightly panting for air as she tried her best to move her wing to a decently supported position.

YSS Kaiyo
Power Armor Bay

William stood in the piles of dead bodies, and his anger slipped away as did the adrenaline. He deactivated the heat mods on his swords and sheathed them in a smooth fluid motion. He slowly walked towards his PA rack and hooked it back up to it's place. He popped the seal and exited his armor, stepping out to see the grizzly site.

His armor was painted red with blood, the metallic taste and smell seemed to be everywhere. That's when it hit him... He had killed someone. He had never taken someone's life before...

He forced that feeling deep down. He had no time for it. He tapped his comm device. "Mama... Are you okay?" he asked. Then walked over to Aiko. "Are you alright Your Majesty?" he asked, looking exhausted.

Bridge

She sniffled and smile, "Not right now, I'm winning this first." She kept her eyes closed and focused on keeping her mind on their opponents for the moment, though it was beginning to look like she might be able to force the enemy off their heels with the next attack run. She switched the array to go wide beam and locked all of the remaining NMX scouts in the area of effect. Misaki moved one hand to take Eden's hand resting on her right cheek, holding onto it silently while she sent an ungodly amount of firepower away.

Bridge

"You win it," Eden said to Saki. "You win it..."

Then, standing, she shouted, "Comms officer, let the ships in the area and those coming to us our mission status. If you don't know, ask Boss and she will. We have one floating down in the zero-G passageway and countless others likely hurt or dead in the other parts of the ship. Asuka!"

"Yes?!" chirped the sensors operator.

"Scan for anything else preparing to come at us from any direction. We still must be prepared, even if we think this battle won!"

Bridge

"At once."

Riku replied, having witnessed for the second time a strange occurrence in the middle of combat. If love could bloom on the battlefield then perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to have become an enlisted, yet he couldn't shake the feeling the abnormal effects it had on his perception of conduct befitting an officer of the Star Army. He had congratulated them when he had first arrived on-board, extended his cheer and general wishes of luck, but that was during a time when spirits were high and the scent of food was still in the air. Even as those thoughts ran through his head, the faithful comms operator patted the console in front of him and adjusted the headset around his ears.

"Sixth Squadron, Sixth Squadron; this is the YSS Kaiyo reporting an all-clear on the hostile situation. NMX forces have been driven off. We have sustained heavy casualties and will be in need of medical assistance. Converge on our position and render aid as soon as you are able."

Nodding at that, he turned to regard the Captain and XO, smiling a bit at their impromptu reunion; then rearranged his thoughts and sounded off.

"Ma'am, the communique has been sent out. Sixth Squadron should reply momentarily and update us on their statuses."

Afterwards he turned back towards the console and closed his eyes, exhaustion threatening to overtake him. He sighed, softly and long, alternating between rubbing his temples and the bridge of his nose.

What a long day ...

Power Armor Bay

Aiko's Kirie stood in a wide stance over the slain Advanced-type Mishhu's body, its projected aether blade still active and shimmering at the ready. Were she not lifelessly immobile within the pilot pod and immersed in controlling the mecha, Aiko would look particularly undignified now. Even so, she could feel the maniacal, lustful smile that her armor's steely face hid, and the intense death stare that her real eyes would be shooting were she standing on her own two feet. The armor's chest rhythmically heaved up and down as it glared at Aiko's prey—even though it could not breathe—picking up on the excitement its pilot felt from her baptism of fire.

"I am well," she said after a few more seconds, sounding harsh in her response to both Meissa and Wil over the Kirie's external speakers. Meissa's telepathic request for reprimand had passed through her consciousness without concern—she'd been more focused on savoring the moment than the danger she'd been asked to endure. The saber on her forearm deactivated before she stepped back from the dead Mishhu. Her armor had stopped "breathing" now that the rush of battle began to fade from Aiko's body.

"Yes, I am well," she repeated in a calmer, more dignified voice. "Now worry yourselves with the wounded. The victory is yours, Kaiyo, but the battle isn't over until we've tended to our own."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back