• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Shichi: Yugen

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

"I can't move the ship." Kyoi told Mochi. "I"m locked out of my controls due to whatever they're using."

She got up and followed Mochi to the Wardroom.

YSS Kaiyo - Wardroom

Hopefully they'd return soon. Hopefully.

Meissa patted her little sister on the head.

Wardroom

As Medikku came into the wardroom, Eden looked at light play on Anastasia's face and the Shosa tensed as she broke her gaze to look around for the source. Streaks of light blasted through the only window on the ship above them in the wardroom.

"Battle stations!" Eden snapped out as she made for the main exit from the wardroom. To the bridge, she asked, "Asuka, are engines online? Weapons?"

"Not at all, Shosa. But... Eden?" Asuka said telepathically, for nearly all to hear. "We're experiencing a high energy reading directly above your position."

Eden came to a full stop and looked up just before a man appeared before her after a dim, sparkling flash of light. He was about six feet tall, a bit round in the stomach, and bald save for a thing ring of trimmed grey going from one ear to the other. He was wearing a friar's frock with a roped belt around his waist. Eden got into a defensive stance with her hand on her NSP and opened her mouth to speak, but he put a finger up to her lips.

"Now, before I release you from this graviton beam, who are you and what are you doing to our beloved enemies?"

"Enemies?" Eden asked. "We are no enemy of yours, I can assure you. We are..." Eden caught her tongue, feeling it best not to try to explain how they were Yamatai, but not the Yamatai this man was used to dealing with.

"Don't lie to me, I am omnipotent!" the man said excitedly.

Eden straightened her stance, hand still on her NSP while she pursed her lips. "We are not the Yamatai you call enemies, but we are of the Star Army of Yamatai. What business do you have with us?"

"We have business with them and, thus, you. Why are they towing you? Is it against your will?"

"Yes," Eden said succinctly.

The man snapped his fingers and gave a chummy smile. The ship rocked a moment and the light show above them was still going, but the ship somehow felt a lot less heavy. Weightless in space.

Eden looked to the man with a mouth agape and asked Boss, "The graviton beam?"

"Not holding us, Captain."

"Kyōi!" Eden called out telepathically. "Get us out of here! Anastasia and Mochi, please work on making us go fast." The Shosa nodded to the man and said as she walked out of the wardroom, "Come with me."

"Don't you want to know what they were going to do with you?"

Eden looked behind her, at the face of her daughter as the door to the wardroom closed behind them.

"Yes."

"Torture you. Rip you limb from limb and get every ounce of information about where you came from out of you. That is what they do, don't you know?" the man said, getting close to Eden's ear to nearly whisper them to her.

Hand still on her NSP and shoulders tense, Eden replied, "I expected it as one of the many possibilities. How do we get back to our home?"

"Well that depends," he said while rubbing his hands together.

"I thought you were omnipotent?" Eden asked, looking at him harshly as they walked.

"I am! I am... It's just—" he said, but Eden cut him off.

"Just what?"

He raised his hands up, "Just that I am, but it has its limits..."

"Omnipotence doesn't normally have limits."

"Universally, it doesn't."

Eden said nothing as she stood at the entrance of the bridge. He made to enter and she put a hand up in front of him, halting his entrance. He pinched his face together and frowned while she crossed her arms.

He steepled his hands and inhaled, then pressed and unpressed his fingers together, saying. "Multi-universally, it does."

"Aaaahhh," Eden murmured. "So you don't know how to get out of here. I see." She stiffened and walked into the bridge, looking around to notice he hadn't followed her. In a burst of soft light a moment after she had sat down, however, he was in front of the view screen, looking closely at what had just turned into the battle raging in front of them.

Eden asked as the bridge crew filtered in, "If you are omnipotent in this universe, why do you fight them?"

"Technology," he said only. "Their technology has begun to side-step our abilities. I cannot enter their ships like I can yours. I can break off their graviton beam projectors, but I bet you in a month, they'll have fixed that minor issue. But you won't be here in a month, now will you?"

"Status update, Barlow-hei and Seinosuke-juni? Get this ship going, Kiseki-hei!" Eden noticed a video channel open up on her panel from the IYS Kaiyō. "Kawazoe-hei, see what they have to say."

In a small sparkly light, the man was sucked out of visible space and was off of the bridge while Eden stared at the volumetric screen displaying the battle in front of them unblinkingly.

YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

Meissa looked like she was in a mild state of shock after the whole god ordeal.

"Okay then..." she whispered, and broadcasted telepathically by accident.

Why was a god here?

Meissa casually contemplated the thought of becoming an Elysian priestess after that ordeal. She threw it aside as a ridiculous thought as Kyoi spoke up.

"So, I guess grand ol' Elysia was right about their god or something. Maybe. Kinda." Kyoi mumbled as she slammed on the accelerator, causing them to jet away.

"Send help God showed up or something and he looked like a hobo." Meissa accidentally sent over telepathic communications to Eden, Saki, Kikyo, and Mat.

YSS Kaiyo- William's room

William and Amanozako had slept peacefully for a few hours before the warning klaxons began to blare. William slowly stirred, but once he realized what was going on adrenaline flooded his system. "Amanozako! Battle stations, wake up!" He said jumping up and sprinting from the room.

PA Bay

William felt better after sleeping, but he was still hurting all over from his intense training session. He cursed as he jumped into his PA and began the start up sequence. "Come on come on..." He muttered as the armor powered up. With a flash, his HUD sprang to life and the Nepleslian began his preflight checks. He checked his swords were properly secured in the sheathes of the suit and released himself. "This is William, ready to deploy Captain." He said walking towards the edge of the PA bay.

He had been training for this, his heart thumped loudly in his ears and he clenched his fists. They were going to regret trying to harm his mother, the princess and the Kaiyo's crew...

YSS Kaiyō
Recreation Area

"Let's go."

With that, Hanna left the recreation area, leaving her water bottle and towels behind as she left the recreation sprinted for the power armor bay.

I won't get scared this time...

Power Armor Bay

Once she entered the power armor bay, Hanna sprinted towards her Mindy and prepared to suit up. Once she had removed the helmet, she floated into the armor, and began the process of sealing and powering the suit.

By the time she had taken up her handheld weapons, Hanna's Mindy was fully sealed and powered.

"Madsen-Hei, on standby for imminent deployment."

As Hanna didn't feel like continuing for today, Abart figured he could use this time to rest up a little bit, and let the wearyness seep out of his large muscle mass. "Alright then, i'll just stay here for a bit lo-"

Then the ships alarms blared thoughout the decks.

Stitting up straight in no-time, he sfiftly turned himself around and upright on his tail to face Hanna, and quickly follow suit.
"Right!"

While following Hanna to the PA room, he breifly throught back on a few minutes before. Doing those pullups had given him some time to think, about his 'other' to be exact.... If he was indeed not from Essia, where did he come from? Was his family the same? Did some of his brothers and sisters not exist? All of these questions kept tickling at the back of his mind, filling it with doubt... At one point he had considered talking to someone about it, maybe hear Hanna's thoughts on it, but it ws not meant to be... not now anyways, with the siren blaring at full capacity.

While it has been a while since he had donned hit suit, he showed no problems in donning it, soon being all armed and ready to deploy. "Theisilis-hei, suited up and ready for duty!"

He stood there amongst the few others that had caught up in the meantime, waiting.... muttering to himself once again...
"I never had a great feeling about those folks....all seemed so forced.....so competing.....why now?.....not sure.....just roll with it.....or slither, i dunno....."

YSS Kaiyo

Following Meissa's telepathic call, Mat showed up on the bridge. "Meissa, you called for help, what's going o-"

He stared at the new face. "Who are you?" He asked with puzzlement as he looked at rotund man. "You look like a monk, but I can't for the life of me think of the last time those have been around. Of course, you could be from wherever we are now."

Completely ignoring proper protocol, he looked around the bridge and asked, "Just what is even going on anymore? I've been lost since we got dragged into wherever we are, and I'm tired of being so out of the loop."

Despite enjoying the privacy, peace, and quiet inactivity offered; Riku's training caused him to stop whatever he was doing to actualize the call to quarters. The letter lay half-written, the bar blinking in and out of existence as it sat next to an unfinished 'I lo-'. He raced out of his room, sliding the holster of his NSP around his waist. Fixing the jacket that was half-buttoned, the Minkan passed by an extremely unusual sight.

I don't recall there being anyone on the crew that fits .. is he wearing a frock? What is that around his head?

That, and so much more raced through his digital mind as he caught the end of their conversation. Attempting to rationalize things right after it's arrival and subsequent departure would only serve to complicate things. As he started making his way towards his station, Riku saw someone blocking his way. Then he heard that someone. It didn't take long for Riku to realize he didn't belong up here.

Again, this obstruction to his post wasn't worth wasting the seconds needed to state his breach of protocol, the punishment of such, and physically elbowing him out of the Minkan's way. Riku swerved around the white-haired Infantryman and slid into his seat, headset already in the process of being put on. The console lit up as he did, casting a glow upon his stern looking features.

"Already on it, Captain. Hailing the IYS." He would sound off, hands on the consoles as he started up dormant systems and bypassed the plethora of minor details required to access the communications terminal.

"Welcome back, Kawazoe-hei. Your letter has been saved and the subsequent data on your pad stored and saved. Starting up active short-range terminals."

"
IYS ship, this is the YSS Kaiyō. Explain your actions. What exactly was the purpose of your absconding with our ship and personnel? What is your intent towards us? Are you friendly or hostile?"

He turned towards the Captain and nodded. "Transmission sent, ma'am. Awaiting their reply."

YSS Kaiyo
Wardroom

As he walked into the wardroom to pick up his tablet that he had forgotten on his desk, the light show began. Eden had ordered everyone to battlestations, which Medikku assumed his would be the med-bay. He picked up his tablet, grasping it as he rushed out of the wardroom. He was able to witness the last half of the conversation between Eden and, a god?! Did he just see that right? Was a god from an alternate universe standing in their corridors, talking to their captain? This had gotten very odd very fast. The ship also felt lighter. Maybe the entity had somehow shielded us from the enemy tractor beam? That would be good. Instead of clouding his mind, he just continued on his way to the med-bay, filing away the god part for later.

Med-bay

Medikku rushed into the med-bay, throwing his tablet onto the table where the main terminal was. He grabbed his first-aid kit, and donned his... where is my NSP?!?! He thought to himself. They had been towed for a month, and he had not needed his NSP after the first week, once it was clear they would not be leaving or being boarded. Stupid assumptions and devaluing of protocol. He must have left it in his bunk or in the armory. He strapped his medical kit to his left hip, and rushed out of the med-bay to his bunks.

YSS Kaiyo
Wardroom

Arble took a look at this weird monk guy who just kind of appeared. Then looked out the window, where it seemed weapons were being fired around. A pink blur streaked towards the bridge as the little Shan was already moving in a full sprint, showing surprising agility through the corridors as she made her way into the bridge, sitting down in preparation for if a lucky hit would set them free. Or an unlucky hit might mean she'll be one of the first people into an escape pod. Regardless, she was breathing heavily and typing furiously by the time the ship was set free, her weapons reloading as soon as they could lock targets on... Anything. She wasn't entirely sure what happened, but being in a warzone without a weapon is asking for trouble.

YSS Kaiyo - Wardroom

Mochi blinked incredulously at this monk-like god that had materialised before half the crew. Then he blinked again and again. The scientist probably would've kept on blinking for a good while as his mind tried to process how on Yamatai he'd managed to just.. appear. Eden's command snapped him out of this cyclical state, causing Seinosuke to shoot a quick message back to her - "Hai, Eden-shosa!"

"Anastasia, I'll reroute power and streamline from the Bridge." he finished, jogging towards the doors. Knowing him, he'd probably trip up if he sprinted.

Wardroom

Anastasia stood as lights began to flare, following the Captain quickly as she pulled up schematics on her data pad. She started speaking with the Captain and pilot, as well as Iemochi. "The engines will be ready to run beyond their regular speed cap momentarily, Captain. The overdrive should kick in once Kyoi maxes the accelerator, and it will start pulling energy from the overclocked reactor. But once we hit overdrive, there's no turning back on it-"

Anastasia slowed and gave Eden space as the strangest encounter in her entire life unfolded right in front of her. Behold, some God just descended on the Kaiyō, their captain no less, out of nowhere. Her mouth hang open as her entire religious belief was simultaneously strained, slapped, and twisted all in the course of less than a minute. She started mumbling in Seraphim, confused and stone still.

Iemochi's words didn't even reach her ears as a starting THUD echoed down the hall. Anastasia had fainted, slumped against one of the hallway's walls. The combination of stress, sudden attention, parallel universes, clones, and now apparent godly beings stalking their ship was just too much for the poor winged technician.

The data pad at her feet still displayed the modified engines, going through their startup cycles. All they had to do was point the ship where they wanted, and hit it.

Last edited:
Wardroom

Yoshida drew her service pistol half way out of its holster as the unusual man appeared. She refused to think of it as anything other than a man. A man with power, but a man none the less. The exchange confused her- there were powerful beings opposing the empire in this universe. This also confirmed the fact that they had definitely left their old universe. "Uh... That's- uh, huh?"

That was all she could get out, even when he vanished without a trace, leaving them... Free. She would have taken off right away, but she turned and spotted Anastasia, looking broken as can be. Of course, she couldn't let this slide, so with a swish of her tail and a bite of her lip she quickly moved over to have a chat. "Hey- ana... Anaaa?" She first, tried shaking her awake for a moment, before checking her pulse to make doubley sure she was still alive, and that the mysterious teleporting man's powers didn't run on the souls of th epure of heart.

Then, she remembered. This was battle time. She had to go out and fight... Even if it meant leaving her angel behind. "... Sorry, I- you better feel better when i get back!" She looked to the captian and ducked her head in apology for her own delays before quickly moving to the power armor bay, to put on her suit, and do glorious battle with her hated enemy. Or at least, delay them long enough for the kaiyo to make its escape. "When was my last backup again...?"

Anna was blabbering on about the Ee'ee system to a few crew members when all of a sudden bursts of light came from the window. After it became apparent that they were guns blaring, and everyone made their way to the exit, so did Anna. But she was not as calm as most, as she hopped into the air and started flying towards the exit as fast as she could, closely behind the captain when a mysterious figure appeared in front of them. It made Anna double-take what she was seeing, which ended up with her falling to the floor. What did she just see? It didn't matter, battle stations were called and she needed to get moving to safety, or even just somewhere else so she could help.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ship, Anne was still sleeping when battlestations was called. It made her jump out of bed, hovering in her room. It took her mere seconds to grab her gun and zoom out into the corridor, on the search for her sister.

Bridge

"To your stations!" Eden telepathically told all those on the bridge that shouldn't be while she looked to her console that lit up with the response from the other ship.

The IYS Kaiyō's bridge crew appeared on the volumetric display.

"We are not your enemy, YSS Kaiyō!" Norogumi Misaki spoke out. "We are fighting an enemy only you can help us defeat. We need your ass—" She was cut off as the screen fizzled for a moment and then was back on screen. "—istance!"

"Why did you tow us so long without any communications?" Eden asked, sitting placidly.

"We were taking you to safety. We tried contacting you many times!" Norogumi Misaki said as her ship rocked one way and another, evident by her swaying motions.

Eden turned off communications and turned to Saki to ask her what she thought, but at that moment, Boss alerted Eden in the captain's mind.

"We have stowaways."

"Description?" Eden asked.

Boss replied, "IYS Kaiyō crew members. Their infantry."

"How?" Eden asked aloud, standing as she also said, "Alert the PA bay's occupants right away and close the blast shutter doors."

Those in the PA could hear Boss over the comm system, saying, "IYS Kaiyō infantrymen and one samurai in power armor have come aboard the ship. They are in the shuttle bay next to you and progressing towards the entrance, likely about to teleport in to the power armor bay."

"I believe they came aboard while the graviton beam projector was in place and have advanced stealth systems," Boss said to Eden. "We will be directly over the military sector of this Yamatai in a matter of ten minutes after overdrive is activated."

Gripping the chair, Eden said, "Prepare for battle, Shan-hei! Kawazoe-hei, let them know we don't like getting unannounced visitors."

Aloud to nobody visually present, Eden said, "So why didn't you warn us about the intruders if you're nearly omnipotent? You released us from the graviton beam, why not let us know about that?"

"I told you," the entity said, appearing again at the front of the bridge wearing a command white Star Army type 35 duty uniform. "They have technology we cannot account for. Just like you have technology to fight your enemies, they have theirs."

"Why are you their enemies?" Eden asked, wondering if she could find out the reasons she should treat this new version of Yamatai as an enemy.

"We will have time to discuss all of this lat—"

Eden cut him off, "No, now."

"Fine," he said, standing tall. "They are despicable in every way; they enslave and torture and decimate entire civilizations. The Star Army of Yamatai is intolerable. No offense," he added as Eden flinched. "They are. Not you. You seem lovely." He smiled warmly, about to let out a soft laugh, then grew stern once more as he asked, "What are you going to do when they capture you?"

Eden was quiet a moment before asking Meissa telepathically, "Status update?" Then to Saki in the same way, she asked, "How are you?" Her golden eyes stayed leveled on the balding man in a type 35 in front of her, though.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," he said as he smiled and her brows furrowed before she turned to look at Saki and he disappeared once her eyes were off of him.

Power Armor Bay

By the time Meissa, Mat, and everyone else had suited up in the power armor bay, the infantrymen from the IYS Kaiyo and the samurai, Wila, popped into existence all around the Kaiyo crew members. Wila, Meissa, Yoshida, Madoka, and Muyomi's doppelgängers were on the starboard side while Leeta, Mat, Orion, Hanna, and Abart's counterparts were on the port side.

They didn't begin firing right away, though their saber rifles and guns were all raised and pointed at the YSS Kaiyō crew, before Nashira Meissa spoke.

"Will you lower your weapons and surrender this fight?"

Hallways

"What
are you?" the balding man asked the I'ee in front of him as he appeared before her.

Power Armor Bay

Mat was quick to retort. "Would you?" He said as he tightened his grip on his own saber rifle as his counterpart menacingly stood ready to battle. He looked to the YSS version of Meissa for instructions. "What do we do?"

Power Armor Bay

William turned, and slowly drew his blades in a low ready position, both blades held out as he squared up to Wila. "You have made a terrible mistake..." he said as he thumbed the heat mods to life, he blades quickly growing red hot.

His heart beats slowed as time did. His anger quickly bubbling to the surface. "You have threatened the Princess of Yamati... And for that you will die." He growled as he lowered into a proper fighting stance.

Last edited:
Power Armor Bay

If only they had Mitsuko's genius. If only they had something to turn to their advantage. Wait, they did!

Meissa scanned the enemy infantry with her eyes. A mirror match was not a state she wanted to be in, but maybe she could the overdrive to her advantage.

"Current status...not very good, Eden." Meissa replied. "You're right, they teleported in. Boss, I need you to really screw with the gravity in here. Tell us when you're about to shift the gravity so we're ready for it and they're not. Throw them. If we can, I also need to gain some form of advantage in this bay. Preferably in the form of having more units than they have. Kyoi, please engage thruster maximization five seconds from now. Infantry, inertial dampeners off. When the timer I set runs out, jump and align yourself. We'll be hitting the wall that points towards the back of the ship with our feet first. Open fire then."

YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

That was the sound of someone who had a very, very insane plan. And to be frank, Kyoi was up for it.

"On it." Kyoi started charging up the engine maximization.

Both the angel and the fox set a timer for 5 seconds.

YSS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay

Meissa switched her comms to address the IYS Infantry.

"Okay, look." Meissa told her counterpart. "I don't know what the hell's going on,"

Four secoonds. "We're getting dragged to your weird military sector."

Three seconds. "All we were doing was cleaning our own Yamatai's space."

Two seconds. "To be frank, I don't care much about fighting you all.

One second. "We just want to figure out a way to go back."

"Now..." Meissa trailed off. Then, she leapt into the air.

As Kyoi slammed on the full force of the accelerator, Meissa was flung back, making a perfect feet-first landing on the back wall of the Kaiyo, Aether Saber already deployed and firing.

YSS Kaiyō
Hallways

Anastasia didn't respond to Yoshida's shaking, her head lazily rolling about. Her pulse was there, starting to stabilize again after her faint. The data pad on the ground continued to stream engine statistics as the Kaiyō lurched forwards, causing the unconscious technician to flop over.

Engineering, CAM 03

The overdrive kicked in as soon as Kyoi maxed the engines. The massive behemoths opened wide as the power levels across the ship dipped, an excess of energy from the overclocked reactor flooded towards the main propulsion array. The engines exploded into action, coolant rushing from its tanks in an attempt to keep the engines from melting. The usual droning of the engines had escalated to the sound of rocket engines during takeoff.

In an instant, the Kaiyō was gone, with much more than a lurch. Anything that wasn't bolted to the ground was shifted backwards, and everyone (jumping or not) in the Power Armor Bay were sent hurtling towards the backside of the bay in whiplash. The speeds displayed on the consoles in the bridge starting expanding in figures as the Kaiyō went very, very fast.

Snap back to the Hallway

Anastasia had only just begin to show signs of stirring when the overdrive hit, forcing her into one of the support arches several feet behind her. Needless to say, she was alert, and confused, in an instant. Her data pad slid psst her, shattering against the back wall of the hallway, several meters down. It took several seconds for her to find her bearings as the effects of acceleration started to lessen. Something hurt, very badly.

Last edited:
Power Armor Bay

As the timer ticked down, he stared down his opponent. Once the timer hit zero he dropped down to the wall and flared his thrusters, firing back up towards Wila...

He closed the gap between the two and he slashed a blade down towards his neko counterpart. Everything around him seemed to fade as he focused in on Wila. It was like the training simulation all over again. But this time was different. This time he would not fail...

He followed up the slash with a kick, keeping one of his swords back incase he needed to block Wila's coming attack, and he knew it was coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back